Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:40 PM

“you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison (49302 Views)

You Mean I'm Now A Prisoner ? - Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison / Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido / Femi Olukayode Celebrates With Girlfriend In Bed After Court Victory (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

“you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by midolian(m): 6:54am On Jul 10, 2015
A former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, his two sons Aminu and Mustapha and one Aminu Wada Abubakar are to remain in Kano Central Prsion till September 28, 2015.

The quartet were remanded in prison custody Thursday morning by Justice Evelyn Anyadike of the Federal High Court sitting in Kano after they were docked on a 28-count charge of corruption and money laundering brought against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

They were arraigned alongside four companies where the Lamidos are believed to have interest.

The companies are Bamaina Holdings Limited, Bamiana Company Nigeria Limited, Bamaina Aluminum Limited and Speeds International Limited.

Lamido is said to have abused his position as governor of Jigawa State between 2007 and 2015, by awarding contracts to companies where he has interest, using his two sons, Aminu and Mustapha as front.

One of the counts in the charge reads, “That you Alhaji Sule Lamido (while being the Governor of Jigawa State, Nigeria), Aminu Sule Lamido, Mustapha Sule Lamido, Bamaina Holdings Limited, Bamaina Company Nigeria Limited and Speeds International Limited between 15th October and 18th December, 2008 within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court did convert an aggregate sum of N124, 649, 915 (One Hundred and Twenty Four Million, Six Hundred and Forty Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifteen Naira) paid by Dantata & Sawoe Limited into the account of Speeds International Limited domiciled with an old generation Bank at Kano which fund you reasonably ought to have known to be proceeds of an unlawful act of Alhaji Sule Lamido who was a Public Officer within the meaning of the Code of Conduct for Public Officers as prescribed under the Fifth Schedule of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 ( as amended ) to wit; engaging in private business by a public officer, using the said company in which he is a director and a shareholder, and to whose account he is a signatory; with the aim of concealing the illicit origin of the said sum and you thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 14 (A) of the Money Laundering Act, 2004.”

However when the charges were read to the accused persons they pleaded not guilty.

Their counsel, Offiong Offiong, SAN told the court that he had filed application for bail and urged the court to consider granting the accused persons bail.

But prosecuting counsel, Chile Okoroma, requested for time to respond to the application.

He prayed the court to remand the accused persons in prison custody as the EFCC holding facilities in Abuja and Kano were already overstretched.

Justice Anyadike consequently remanded the accused persons in prison custody pending consideration of their bail application and adjourned to September 28, 2015.

After the judge’s pronouncement, a mild drama ensued between Lamido and the Deputy Chief Registrar of Federal High court, Barrister Solomon Akpedah.

Lamido was asked to proceed to board the waiting van taking him to Kano central prison when he exclaimed, “you mean I’m now a prisoner?!”.

Akpedah, however, replied that “no sir, you are not a prisoner”.

The arraignment of Lamido and his children was not without incident as an unruly crowd of supporters loyal to the former governor threatened to disrupt the court session.

It took reinforcement of the detachment of policemen at the court to maintain order.

The travails of the Lamidos began in 2012 when one of his sons, Aminu was arrested by Operatives of the EFCC at the Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano for failing to declare a sum of forty thousand United States Dollars ($40,000).

He was prosecuted and convicted with 50 percent of the undeclared sum forfeited to the Federal Government.

But the enquiries into the source of the funds led investigators into the closely guarded web of corruption and money laundering involving members of the former first family of Jigawa State and their cronies.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/09/you-mean-im-now-a-prisoner-lamido-exclaims-after-court-sends-him-to-prison/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by mormoni(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2015
No sir u are not.
U will jst undergo rehabilitation.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by osaslord500(m): 6:56am On Jul 10, 2015
no oo, you are now a governor, werey

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by midolian(m): 6:56am On Jul 10, 2015
Lool. The thing still dey do am like film trick.

Thank God uncle Jona didn't win the election. If uncle Jona had won, it would be easy for him to jiggle and wriggle his way out of this mess succesfully.

I don't know why they didn't send them(Lamido & sons) to ekwulobia prison sef. undecided

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:58am On Jul 10, 2015
No! How can he be a prisoner? HE'S A PRISON WARDEN

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 10, 2015
haha, the change has just begun stealing is now corruption

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by INTROVERT(f): 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Totally hilarious

12 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by buzquet(m): 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Yes!!!!!!!!! The change has commenced!!!!! Sai baba. Even if PMB dey coma, he will still b miles ahead of d clueless, shoeless otuoke drunk**d!

139 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by zeal22(m): 7:06am On Jul 10, 2015
This is serious

1 Like

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by stnwani(m): 7:11am On Jul 10, 2015
No your excellency,your not just a prisoner but a common rogue prisoner sentenced by a competent court to teach lessons to other rogue politicians.

13 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:11am On Jul 10, 2015
No.... ur not a prisoner, ur just a man visiting a prison

23 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:13am On Jul 10, 2015
Considering the fact that PDP would have fielded Lamido as their presidential flag bearer if GEJ wasnt contesting. PDP is doomed

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 10, 2015
My only problem is that these guys will be given first class treatment in prison

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Haywhymido(m): 7:14am On Jul 10, 2015
no u jst dey go do eye service dia mumu lamidos

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 10, 2015
When will IBB go to jail for the missing 12 billion dollars which was part of oil-windfall from the first Gulf war?

22 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 10, 2015
the thing still dey do the guy like film trick...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by sinkhole: 7:19am On Jul 10, 2015
Dat registrar no ansa am well! hin for say "u are not yet a prisoner sir, we are in the process of making u one" grin

28 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Splinz(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2015
Oga Lamido, where else do you want to be? Na prison naa, go stay there with your fellow thieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by edo3(m): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2015
Sule u are now a prisoner,,and when u a through,,u'l would be termed an ex.convict..Suegbe..

7 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by eriguzy(m): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2015
undecided undecidedhis stay in prison will be short like a caller tune

1 Like

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2015
The Buharist Zombies don't know that sooner or later it will be Fashola and Tinubu on the list.

Buhari is doing what he did in 1984.

Arresting and jailing Politicians is not to curb corruption but rather to block any future opposition he may have.

Buhari hs truly hit the ground running.

He did this in 1984 and the Plebs celebrated this .

After the Politicians he gagged the Press with Decree 4 from where he took his despotism to the Plebs on the streets who by the time they realized had no politician or opposition figure to fight for their right, the press were gagged and they saw themselves living in a big barrack nation.

It took the efforts of IBB and other senior military officers to rid Nigeria of this power drunk despot.

But today we don't have that option.

Shout Change!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by joseph1832(m): 7:33am On Jul 10, 2015
He should continue to exclaim until he gets to prison then the reality will dawn on him.

This is a new era and the motto of the era we're in now is "if you do anyhow, you go see anyhow".

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Ofunaofu: 7:33am On Jul 10, 2015
yes oga lamido, you are now a prisoner because you delibrately embezzled jigawa state money.
I guess lucky dube's prisoner music must be singing in his head

4 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by feedburner(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2015
no, u r now a certified and confirmed baboon. enjoy ur rightful abode.
I must thank sai baba for dis one. nice

2 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by midolian(m): 7:37am On Jul 10, 2015
PvtParts2:
[s]The Buharist Zombies don't know that sooner or later it will be Fashola and Tinubu on the list.

Buhari is doing what he did in 1984.

Arresting and jailing Politicians is not to curb corruption but rather to block any future opposition he may have.

Buhari hs truly hit the ground running.

He did this in 1984 and the Plebs celebrated this .

After the Politicians he gagged the Press with Decree 4 from where he took his despotism to the Plebs on the streets who by the time they realized had no politician or opposition figure to fight for their right, the press were gagged and they saw themselves living in a big barrack nation.

It took the efforts of IBB and other senior military officers to rid Nigeria of this power drunk despot.

But today we don't have that option.

Shout Change![/s]
what is this one saying? angry undecided

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by plumule(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2015
No sir, u are now a director of prisoners affairs.
They will also freeze ur account. And u will still exclaim "Am i now poor wretched prisoner."

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 10, 2015
ULSHERLAN:
Considering the fact that PDP would have fielded Lamido as their presidential flag bearer if GEJ wasnt contesting. PDP is doomed
Is it not too early to display your psychopatic behaviour online?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by midolian(m): 7:49am On Jul 10, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Is it not too early to display your psychopatic behaviour online?
lol.. Ecoterrorist don wake up. Why u dey blow grammer? Abeg shey na lie hin lie? undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 10, 2015
midolian:
what is this one saying? angry undecided

Ask your Papa that is if you get one and if he ws a man of discerning mind in 1984, he will expound further.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by midolian(m): 7:53am On Jul 10, 2015
PvtParts2:

Ask your Papa that is if you get one and if he ws a man of discerning mind in 1984, he will expound further.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by yorubadelta(f): 7:55am On Jul 10, 2015
This should've happened to FFK angry

4 Likes

Re: “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 10, 2015
midolian:
lol.. Ecoterrorist don wake up. Why u dey blow grammer? Abeg shey na lie hin lie? undecided
Sule lamido was NEVER a front runner for the post of presidency

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Goodluck Jonathan’s Home In Otuoke, Kill 1 Soldier, Injure Others / Yemi Osinbajo & Yusuf Buhari At IFTAR In Abuja (Photo) / Katsina Governor Masari Visits Bandits In Their Hideout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.