Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) (22074 Views)

Musa Dikwa Apologises To Oritsejafor & Oyedepo Over N7 Billion Allegation / Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. / Adeboye With Obj, Ogd; Tb Joshua With Atta Mills. The Fruit Speaks Louder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by dgreatrock(m): 12:35pm On Mar 07, 2009
I will not worship in TB Joshua’s church, says Adeboye
Written by Sam Eyoboka and Ebun Babalola
Saturday, 07 March 2009

Leading pentecostal churches in Nigeria have explained why TB Joshua cannot be granted permission to join their fold, The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, (PFN).

One of them, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, voted one of Newsweeks 50 Most Powerful People in the World went further to say that he will not even worship in Joshua’s Church.

Asked whether he could worship in Joshua’s church, Adeboye retorted,“No! Definitely not! If he wants me to come and minister in his church, we will sit down; we will discuss the issue of salvation the way I understand it, according to the scriptures. If we agree on that and he now wants me to come and preach the same message of salvation in his church, then I will go.”

For President of the PFN, Rev. Ayo Oritsejafor of the Word of Life Church, before Joshua could even qualify to be a PFN member, he should show who tutored him as a pastor in the first place. Joshua is reputed to have said that he was converted in his mother’s womb.

But the PFN president replied that, “Jesus did not say by their words you will know them; he said by the fruit you shall know them. If T.B. Joshua can show me his pastor who pastored him before he said he was called into the ministry; if T.B. Joshua can tell me when he got converted and how he got converted, then we would consider him. Anybody who is a Christian is a Christian because he received Jesus Christ at a point.

I gather he said he was converted in his mother’s womb and I don’t see anybody like that in the Bible. It is a conscious decision you make and it doesn’t happen in your mother’s womb.”

Secretary General of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev Moses Iloh in his response to the controversy, asked the government to leave Christian leaders out of their national awards.

Recently, some of religious leaders in Nigeria were given national honours by President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua based on their humanitarian services.

The awards were criticized by some religious leaders who said some of them, such as Pastor TB Joshua did not deserve the award. In the ensuing the controversy, General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God has declared that he will never worship in TB Joshua’s church for any reason whatsoever.

Reverend Ayo Oritsejafor, President Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, lashed out that TB Joshua’s healing and miracles are not yardsticks to admitting him into any of the religious group, CAN or PFN, just as Reverend Moses Iloh , scribe of Christian Association of Nigeria,(CAN), a body responsible for regulating the affairs of Christianity in Nigeria added his voice to the controversy. Excerpts:

Why has the Fellowship refused to grant T.B. Joshua’s application for membership?

Rev. Ayo Oritsejafor, President Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria.
I will love to leave that one to the president because when the president speaks, it will be PFN that speaks. It will not be the personal opinion of Pastor Adeboye; but I can assure you the PFN has spoken before on that issue and if you raise it with the president once more, he will tell you exactly what we said.

As a matter of fact, I remember there was a publication in several newspapers, where the leaders of PFN signed to reiterate the body’s decision on this particular person. If you ask the president again, he will elaborate on that.

Is it a foreclosed issue? Is it that the man cannot repent? Why is the Church dancing round the issue of T.B Joshua?

The Church is not dancing round the issue of Joshua. We said what we said categorically and by the time you make a publication in newspapers, you are sticking out your neck.

You are saying that if I am sued on this issue, it is okay by me. So, by the time you go as far as putting your signature down in a publication, you have made your stand absolutely known. There is no issue of dancing round it here.

Now, on the issue of repentance, anybody can repent. I mean why are we preaching the gospel? We are preaching the gospel because we believe that even those who say there is no God today can change their minds and say there is God tomorrow. You needed to know who I was before the Lord saved me. So, if He could change my life and turned me into a preacher, He can change anybody.

But if he invites you, will you minister in his church?

No! Definitely not! If he wants me to come and minister in his church, we will sit down; we will discuss the issue of salvation the way I understand it, according to the scriptures. If we agree on that and he now wants me to come and preach the same message of salvation in his church, then I will go.

Ayo Oritsejafor: Tell TB Joshua to show us who pastored him before he was called into the ministry

What is happening to some memberson suspension and those who have not been allowed to join the body?

Let me start with those that have been suspended. All of them are back in the body, with the exception of one or two. And I think things have been smoothened out. Nearly of them had come and written to apologise to us.

They have all gone through that. It is only one person that I have not written to inform of the lifting of suspension and that is because of one technicality or the other. On those that have not been allowed to join, you have to take each case on personal merit.

On Ayorinde, honestly I don’t know much about him and his case. I have seen him in some of our gatherings but honestly I don’t know much about him.

And if that is anything wrong, it will be brought to my notice, and if he feels he is not accepted, he has to come and talk to me so that we can sort it out. But those that we think are doing offensive things, we will accept them when they take care of these things.

Why are you not taking TB Joshua?

We are not taking T.B Joshua but like I said, he too can repent and be converted tomorrow. T.B Joshua can say I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour; I repent of my sins. Then he can say, come check me out and see what I am doing then we can consider accepting him. PFN is for all; nobody is really excluded.

But he too preaches the gospel with miracles?

Jesus did not say by their words you will know them; he said by the fruit you shall know them. If T.B.

•Rev. Moses Iloh, personally I do not agree with various kinds of honours
Joshua can show me his pastor who pastored him before he said he was called into the ministry; if T.B. Joshua can tell me when he got converted and how he got converted, then we would consider him.

Anybody who is a Christian is a Christian because he received Jesus Christ at a point. I gather he said he was converted in his mother’s womb and I don’t see anybody like that in the Bible. It is a conscious decision you make and it doesn’t happen in your mother’s womb.

Govt should leave Christians out of awards, says Iloh

How would you describe the national honours given to some religious leaders by President Yar’Adua?

It’s a Federal Government palaver, and as long as it is PDP that is in power, it is in the best position to honour any Nigerian with whatever honour. And it is the right of any honoured Nigerian to either accept or refuse.

And if you look at those who were given the honours, they were a mixture of different persons including those who called themselves nominal Christians, Pentecostal Christians and even unbelievers.

First of all, it is expedient to look at the yardstick on which these particular persons were honoured.
One should not also forget that the Federal Government is not a Christian government, so its yardstick might not be based on the Bible.

And so if one should look at it from that perceptive, it (FG) is at liberty to do what it wants but the important thing is the decision of the individual to accept the national honour.

But, personally, I do not agree with various kinds of honours given by whatever government, not only now but even in the past.

Isn’t Prophet T.B. Joshua qualified for such honour?

That someone is picking beggars on the street does not mean he should be honoured. If a robber steals from the nation’s treasury and comes back tomorrow with all kinds of gifts for the poor, it does not make him a saint.

Would you close your eye from the fact that he is a robber? I would rather look at the source of his wealth than what he offers. It only interprets that he is a crook, a liar, a cheat and he must not be honoured.

It doesn’t matter what he does. The one who gives the final honour is Jehovah. I’m not against giving to charity but let us look at this so-called charitable fellow or organisation.

I would rather say religious people should not be included in such honour. As a child of God, it is always good to give glory to God. Every religious leader should learn how to say no to such award. They can only thank the government and reject the honour. That is my sincere advice to the so-called pastors who belong to my constituency.

Government should try and leave Christians out of awards or honours because they are not working for perishable reward, They can be honoured for other things but not for doing the work of God. Let government stop tempting Christians.

What’s CAN position on this issue?

If you want my opinion, CAN should be dismantled now because it is not actually a Christian dominated organisation as it should. CAN should be dismantled so that what is called church in Nigeria could be restored.

Let every church leader come together and have a standard and well structured constitution based on the word of God that would better the church and the country.

It will interest you to know that there is what we called chosen in CAN which is contrary to the word of God. There is everything in CAN both Christians and non-Christians and as much as you want to know anybody can belong to CAN.

The fact remains that CAN was not founded on Christianity and so it would be difficult to start debating that now.

It was founded during a military regime and that makes it an emergency organisation. It is better if Christian leaders can come together and put up a visible church that would represent the invisible body of Christ which is called the Church and the only head of that church is Jesus Christ.

CAN should resolve to put up a body capable of ruling the nation. I belong to CAN but I have always wished and prayed that one day, it will be pushed apart so that we can have a church in Nigeria.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/30420/41/

1 Share

Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by REALTRUTH1: 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2009
Quote frm Revd Iloh, CAN President: would rather say religious people should not be included in such honour. As a child of God, it is always good to give glory to God. Every religious leader should learn how to say no to such award. They can only thank the government and reject the honour. That is my sincere advice to the so-called pastors who belong to my constituency.
Based on the above, all pastors that received such Honors that the likes of Chief Gani Fawehinmi and Chinua Achebe who are not pastors turned down because they know the Government is fraudulent,corrupt and evil,these Pastors should return ands denounce such National Awards and street naming.
Atleast CAN President has spoken!
Am so happy about this Article,Nigerian Pastors have been taking Christianity for a ride.What transpired in many of these churches is no different from what transpired from T.B. Joshua Church.
If you want my opinion, CAN should be dismantled now because it is not actually a Christian dominated organisation as it should. CAN should be dismantled so that what is called church in Nigeria could be restored.
Quote frm Revd Iloh, CAN President:Let every church leader come together and have a standard and well structured constitution based on the word of God that would better the church and the country.Really so true, what we have in Nigeria is no more Christianity,its simply RELIGION.Therefore no difference btw RCCG,oRITSEJAFOR,T.B.Joshua,Cele, Revd King of Kirikiri prison etc.There is need for self examination within the Heads of these churches,
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by ilaugh1: 10:07pm On Mar 07, 2009
I see dog eat dog matter here, na wa o - they attack the man as if each one of them dont have issues to be discussed in a hush tone. In other churches, we see how people donate their money to build the lord's vineyard, in Joshua's church, we see how he gives money, food and shelter to the elderly, needy and in disposed. Who are these men of God to judge one another? who are they to criticise government for giving award and honour to whom honour is due? Were these not men who had fraternised so brilliantly with politicians in the past? Na wa o- Dog realy dey chop Dog leg o.
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Kenzreal: 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2009
Indeed ,On the last day the first shall become the last. Adeboye and oritsejafor should be careful of how they speak of t.b joshua. Christ is not happy about it.
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by comfort3: 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2009
fake preachers.
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by comfort3: 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2009
Adebayo is  a  close friend to  ibori the ex criminal gov of Delta state. lipsrsealed
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by dgreatrock(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2009
*comfort:

Adebayo is  a  close friend to  ibori the ex criminal gov of Delta state. lipsrsealed
Dont start calling people names that you cant defend.
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by comfort3: 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by mikeapollo: 1:41pm On Apr 07, 2009
It is quite disgusting how these so called "men of God" talk and behave!
Who are the people in the PFN (Pharisees Federation of Nigeria) to judge another man of God? Who says TB Joshua wants to be a member of their gaddem association? They can go to blazes. Joshua is NOT INTERESTED in their PFN.
Who is Oritsejafor to ask another man of God to show him (sic) the pastor that tutored him?
Let Oritsejafor tell us the pastor of Moses, Elijah, John The Baptist etc in the Bible!
God can ordain whoever he wants directly by himself! He may also use a human being to do it if He wants. He does as he will! Jeremiah was pre-destined by God, well before he was born. God cannot be ordered to work in a particular way!

It is funny that Oritsejafor quoted the Biblical verse "by their fruits you shall know them" againt Joshua!
What fruits does Oritsejafor and his cohorts in PFN have to show as men of God, compared to Joshua?

Let them show us what they are doing that is better than what Joshua is doing.
Are these not the pastors who snatched wives of their former members?
Are these not the same PFN members that were fighting each other over money accruing from a crusade organised by Reinhard Bonnke a few years ago?

They have shot themselves in the foot. All of them will be exposed big time because they have been telling lies against Joshua in the past and some people believed them, but right now, more and more people are beginning to see their true colours and news about the genuineness of Joshua is spreading beyond what they can control or kill. That is why ganaged up against Pastor Chris Oyahkilome when he said Joshua was not fake!

Shameless and jealous hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Viable(m): 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2009
Matthew 7:21-23,
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Africankel(m): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2009
Nice Phrase for the word PFN, indeed it should be called Pharisees Federation of Nigeria instead of its original name, because they are no different from the Pharisees in Jesus' days. Sometimes listening to these guys talk about other pastors you wonder if they are really born again and Spirit filled. Maybe John the baptist should have spoken similarly when he heard that Jesus was baptising people on the other side of the Jordan, or probably call him to come and pay courtesy to him before going into ministry. Becaues you dont belong to any religious group doesnt mean you aint doing the work the Master has committed to our trust, beside, Jesus' never told you to form a catel of pastors. In His days, there were pastors, why didnt He (Jesus) call them together to form a group?

If you join any religious group, expecially in Nigeria, your achievements will be limited, because your so called fellow pastors wont let you, take for instance Chris Oyahkilome and TBJ who are not members of this group, they are doing tremendously well and getting amazing results borne by the Holy Spirit. The best these PFN members will do is sit down in a corner and criticise people who are making impact in the world. T.B. Joshua is recognised all over the world, world leader's visit him on weekly bases so he doesnt give a shit about PFN, so is Chris Oyahkilome, I am aware of the several times letters have been sent to Chris to come joing their fold, it was on blatantly refusing their offer, they started criticising him, What a world!

You hear them complain that the FG shouldnt involve pastor's during award presentations, have they sat to ask themselves, who deserves this awards more? Is it the pastors or the politicians that loot the country's treasury? Pastors deseve it more, it doesnt matter what they think but that is the truth! If they dont need these awards, why do they pay courtesy calls to top government officers and have it shown on national television. Have you EVER heard or seen on tv when Temi or Chris visited the president or any other government official? They do, but never allow it been shown on tv coz it makes no sence. But it'll be on the resume of ALL PFN member who gets an opportunity to visit the state house. They're all hypocrites.

I am also sure that if it was Chris or T.B that got a private jet before them they will disturb the peace of this country with sarcastic accusations, because they got their's before these guys nobody in their Pharasees group is saying anything, (Now I'm not saying its wrong to get a jet, but they didnt complain, because they did it first)

Whether or not your believe, PFN will be a vital tool for the antichrist, and I will explain why I say that if you ask.
God Bless You

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by oloriooko(m): 11:41am On Apr 08, 2009
But this T.B Joshua guy clean sha!!! O boy the guy handsome no be small.
Na young man wey God butter hin bread, why omo aye wan pour sand sand for hin garri?
I beg leave the man bo and face ya life!.
Bros TB, carry go, no shaking!
If dem no fit stop you dem go soon join you.

@ poster
thanks bros for the info.
If anyone is at unrest with what Bros TB is doing, make hin go start hin own make we see.
While some people make news, some read it while others publish it, but life strange sha!

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by naijanow: 3:07am On Oct 20, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Accuser of The Brethren - Christian Witchcraft

by Pastor K.D. James

This report is about the maliciously unjust, envious and unbiblical manner in which the most prominent Church leaders in Lagos, Nigeria – Africa are failing in their sacred responsibilities. Later in this article I will call out names of individuals and specify how their lack of Christian integrity is bringing tremendous shame to the Name of Jesus Christ and his church.

For us Westerners in the USA and Canada, I strongly encourage you to familiarize yourself with the customs, spiritual beliefs and traditions of the people in this region. You will gain a deeper appreciation for Nigerian paradigms.

THE ACCUSER AGAINST THE BRETHREN

Since February of 2008, leading newspapers throughout Nigeria have reported on the ‘alleged’ , moral failures and supposed criminal activities to include rape, sodomy and murder, all purported to have been committed by one T.B. Joshua, the General Overseer of the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Lagos, Nigeria.

Two individuals in particular, a Theresa Bisola Johnson a former church aid and Mr. Paul Agomoh a former associate minister under T.B. Joshua produced a video entitled, “Deception of the Age” (i.e. “Rise of a Nigerian Anti-christ”.

This video is being sold for $40.00 in some of the largest churches in the region. They assert that their goal is strictly to expose T.B. Joshua as a false prophet, a charlatan and perpetrator of atrocious crimes.

Specific Accusations

In the video Bisola Johnson described how she and others endured horrific psychological abuse and cult-like brainwashing. She claims to have been victim of sodomy and her video co-star Mr. Paul Agomoh claims to have personally witnessed sexual orgies, molestation of under age children, staged or fake miracles, and other sins, deceptive practices and criminal conduct.

The video entitled, 'Deception of the Ages' was take to well known Pastor Ladi Peters Thompson of Living Waters Unlimited Church, Lagos. He is the the individual who first contacted mainstream media and broke the story.

Can You Explain 'Due Process'?

Let's assume that Pastor Ladi Peters Thompson was pure in his motives when he contacted major newspapers with the allegations. Keep in mind that any 'reasonable adult of sound moral conscience' who views the content of that video would have no reason to doubt the integrity of the victims.

If those allegations are in fact true, a pastor and all mature Christians have a sacred responsibility. Scripture outlines a process that must be followed to effectively deal with matters of this sort.

1. II Corinthians 13:1, the church is commanded not to receive an accusation against a man of God unless it is confirmed by two or more eye-witnesses of sound moral character.
2. Matthew 18:15-17, “Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16) But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17) And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.”

By adhering to instructions presented in the Word of God all persons, whether guilty, not guilty and innocent victims can have their privacy and human dignity protected. Moreover, if we follow these steps we can determine whether or not the allegations made are true or fabricated.

As Christians we must never forget that our sacred responsibility and life calling is to help all men, even the most wicked of criminals discover the reality of deliverance from sinful habits, forgiveness and peace with Jesus Christ and the power of His Holy Spirit. If we approach conflicts and strife in the house of God with this mindset God is free to work through us in order to effect confession of sin, repentance and restoration. If we abandon this process - souls will remain lost in sin, condemnation and shame.

We can never allow personal opinion, rumor or superstition distract us from our sacred calling which is to save the lost. All that we have just explained should not be 'new information' to experienced Pastors and members of clergy. However, if we explore how this case was handled we discover some very disturbing facts:

*At no time has Pastor Peters Thompson make contact or even attempt to make contact with T.B. Joshua to inquire as to the truthfulness of the video content. (A direct violation of scripture)
* As of this date (August 13, 2009), Peter Thompson insists that he will not dialogue with T.B. Joshua. Not by telephone, face-to-face or byb any other medium. (Wilful disobedience against the Word of God).
* Pastor Peters Thompson states adamently that he will not review evidence that could clear T.B. Joshua of the allegations, and has determined that if any such evidence exists it must be fabricated evidence.

The main point of this article is about something called - due process. The process in which Church leaders are to handle this kind of issue has not been followed.

FALSE WITNESSES EXPOSED

The integrity of the two so-called ‘witnesses’ against T.B. Joshua is questionable to say the least. There is sufficient evidence to prove conclusively that they have lied on T.B. Joshua. Let's explore the evidence.

* In 'Deception of the Ages - Part 4', Mr. Paul Agomoh boldly asserted that he purchased wheelchairs, even a specific wheelchair that according to Agomoah, was used to fake the healing of one Maxwell Ijeh. (Forward to frame 5:20 sec.) Agomoh describes how Maxwell was manipulated and made to sit in and pose as a crippled man.

Fact: Mr. Maxwell Ijeh and his wife have come forward to testify on record that Agomoh's story is fabricated and untrue. Maxwell Ijeh says the wheelchair was his own personal property. Maxwell Ijeh further states that he was genuinely healed nine years ago after receiving prayer at T.B. Joshua's church. He also states that Jesus Christ alone is his healer, not a man. Maxwell Ijeh states that his wheelchair was not purchased by Paul Agomoh as alleged in the video.

* Pastor Paul Agomoh alleged that Westerners were duped and manipulated into believing that T.B. Joshua had a 'healing anointing' on his life, when according to Agomoh the healings were fake and staged.

Fact: Jaco van der Westhuzen, a superstar rugby player from South Africa sought out prayer from T.B. Joshua due to a career threatening leg injury. Immediately after prayer, Jaco was filmed removing his leg brace and proceeded to leap and run without any pain or limitations. He returned to his rugby team and to this day, continues his sports career. Upon returning to South Africa, Jaco van der Westhuzen completed a medical evaluation. This video footage shows Jaco's doctor who standing by his side celebrating that something amazing did occur in the healing of this professional athlete. (Forward to frame 3.35 sec).

Fact: A delegation of clergy from the USA and Canada visited the Synagogue Church of All Nations to not only observe first-hand T.B. Joshua preach and pray for the sick. Among these delegation were Bishop Joseph Garlington of Philadelphia-USA, Pastor John Arnott of Toronto, Canada, Missionaries Rolland and Heidi Baker of Iris Ministries.

They conducted interviews with individuals whom T.B. Joshua prayed for and thereafter claimed were healed. Here is the video footage of their findings. The evidence is clear. People were in fact healed after prayer. According to their testimony, it was not T.B. Joshua who healed them, but the power of the Holy Spirit through faith in the name of Jesus Christ.

These new facts underscore the importance of why we must obey scripture and hear both sides of the story. This sacred responsibility can not be ignored or forsaken. The female in the video, one Theresa Bisola Johnson who claimed that T.B. Joshua sexually abused her is untrustworth to say the least. Listen and watch the following video:

* In this video footage we hear Bisola Johnson confession from her own mouth that she is an ‘emere’ (witch) on assignment to destroy the ministry of T.B. Joshua.

No Brother's Keeper

Failure to obey the Word of God is simply rebellion and disobedience. To bear false witness against a innocent brother or sister in Christ is to avail oneself to become an agent of demonic forces. In my next report I will cover the allegations made by one; Pastor Chris Okotie of Household of God Church in Oregun-Lagos.

* He alleges that T.B. Joshua has the spiritual ability to vacate his physical body at night and manifest himself in the home of his church parishioners or his enemies.
* According to Pastor Chris Okotie, T.B. Joshua did in fact can appear as a 'familiar spirit' in his home using such spiritual powers. (Source: Christian Online Magazine)
* Pastor Chris Okotie alleges that he has reason to believe that T.B. Joshua is a practitioner of 'docetic gnosticism'. He says that this is the source of T.B. Joshua's demonic spiritual powers.

Fact: Docetic Gnosticism is a belief held by ancient Greeks of 70A.D. to 100 A.D. It taught that Jesus Christ was not physically raised from the dead, but was an illusion. (Source; Wikipedia Encyclopedia) Docetism died out in approximately 1,000 A.D. It has nothing to do with occultism, spiritual or mystical arts.

Pastor Chris Okotie is obviously a poor student of Gnosticism and bible history. Should we even waste time entertaining his allegations that T.B. Joshua has the power to leave his body at night and appear in a physical form as a Familiar Spirit? I don't buy that fabricated story for one moment.

There is no evidence whatsoever to prove that allegation. It is based on superstition, myth and folklore. I am compelled to believe that Chris Okotie has other motives for coming against T.B. Joshua. This investigation will certainly be continued. By the way, I paid a visit to Mr. Okotie's church website - http://www.householdofgodchurch.com/childrenschurch/. He sure looks very sharp in that wonderful suit, but the name of Jesus Christ is not even featured on his website. There is not a one sentence on the saving grace and love of Christ anywhere to be found. Can a reader please encourage this man to get his priorities and message in order?

Late this year Pastor Okotie, a divorced pastor has remarried a widow. He has accused Pastor Christ Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy Ministries to have received his powers to heal the sick from T.B. Joshua. Yet, we all know that Pastor Oyakhilome has been praying for the sick long before T.B. Joshua's rise to fame.

The umbrella body of Pentecostals has banned miracle crusades from being telecast on Nigerian T.V. Not only is the move in direct opposition to the work of the Holy Spirit, it is a statement to the whole world. It is an announcement to the world that 'Pentecostals', do not have the Spirit and power of Pentecost as our name suggests. The Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead, delivered the oppressed from demonic powers and healed the sick - is not present.

My advise to all Nigeria Pentecostals is to pray for your church leaders, pray for a mighty revival of God's power to invade your beloved country and then, STAND UP for truth, fairness, and Godly integrity.

Posted by Pastor K.D. James at 1:52 PM
3 comments:

Pastor K.D. James said,

I sent this letter out to Pastor Chris Okotie but to this date I have not received a response. I will resend it for another week or two and also follow up with telephone calls. Just as our Lord is patience and long suffering, I am too. It is not my desire to smear the name of Chris Okotie, but to get at the truth. He is being given fair and reasonable opportunities to reply.

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by dgreatrock(m): 8:10am On Oct 20, 2009
What a long post embarassed
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Maykelly(f): 12:21pm On Oct 21, 2009
[size=14pt]My Holy Bible says "Do not Judge" For God is the Perfect judge

When Christ came and started miracles - it was only those who believed in Him (Christ) that was Healed.

When Christ were doing good; they questioned Him(Christ) " who's authority are you doing these? They acused Him(Christ) and He (christ) died for no reason " they were all shouting "Crucify Him Crucify Him" Leave the thief for us, But Crucify Him(Christ)

This is a Saviour who died and rose for many years, but just about 1 ago, a demonic man acused Him(Christ) again that "Christ was married to mary magdalene "ThIS IS PEOPLE FOR YOU IN THIS WORLD"

When Christ healed a certain blind man "

Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.

Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?

He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.
Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.

They brought to the Pharisees him that aforetime was blind.

And it was the sabbath day when Jesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.

Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see.

Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

They say unto the blind man again, What sayest thou of him, that he hath opened thine eyes? He said, He is a prophet.

But the Jews did not believe concerning him, that he had been blind, and received his sight, until they called the parents of him that had received his sight.

And they asked them, saying, Is this your son, who ye say was born blind? how then doth he now see?

His parents answered them and said, We know that this is our son, and that he was born blind:

But by what means he now seeth, we know not; or who hath opened his eyes, we know not: he is of age; ask him: he shall speak for himself.

These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

Therefore said his parents, He is of age; ask him.

Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF ANTI-CHRIST, FOR WHEN IT WILL COME "HE WILL NOT HIDE HIMSELF"

because he is coming for a purpose - defintely he (anti-christ) will blaspheme against GOD and will do great wonders such as commanding Fire from Heaven -

So "If you seek for Miracle get it now for that time your afraid of "Shall Surely Come" when you shall no more seek for miracles.(Read Rev. 12 and Chapter 13

Do not be Quick to Judge, God knoweth and seeth ALL THINGS. Close your mouth "hold your tongue."[/size]
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2009
@maykelly

PLEASE SHUT UP!
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by lawrence83: 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2009
na wa oh. . . . . . Pastors at war!.
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Maykelly(f): 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2009
Do not be Quick to Judge, God knoweth and seeth ALL THINGS. Close your mouth "hold your tongue."
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Atheists: 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2009
Who mentored TB Joshua ? Is this a serious question ? I would ask who mentored St Paul ?

1 Like

Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by simplify: 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2009
On T.B Joshua, I have these comments to make:

1. His enemies are confounded by the fact that the man has brought back the biblical powers in healing and deliverance, which no other pastor or reverend has been able to do. This should have in no small measure, strenghtened peoples faith in the teachings of Christ. But the inability of other pastors to work such miracles, has made them to be jealous of him and would try anything to pull him down. But the miracles that God is performing through him has led credence to the fact that the power of God is real and also that the word of God is real also. The bible says that as believers, we will be given powers to cast out the demons, heals the sick and set the captives free. If what Joshua is doing does not buttress the above, tell me what does.

Secondly, I believe that it was very stupid of one of the leaders of of the penticostal churches to to have asked of joshua to tell him when he got born again and under which pastor’s tutelage. When did this pastor become the gate keeper of the freely given salvation of God to demand such from him. Must every spiritual rebirth be before a pastor? Can’t I in my small closet sincerely confess my sin to God and ask for his forgiveness? Must I accept Christ before a pastor before it becomes real?

Thirdly, I could remember that When Joshua started newly, people said he buried his source of power in the alter in his church and that he could not perform those miracles outside of the confines of his church buildings. But lo and behold, Joshua has been going around the world preaching the gospel of Christ and at the same time, signs and wonders have been following him every where.

Fourthly, lets assume for a second that Joshua is devilish as some of his detractors have tried to make peole believe, if that is the case, he would be counted amongst hundreds or even thousands of pastors that got their powers through occult. Now my question is this: How come his own miracles are far and above more powerful and greater than that of other pastors in the same mold with him? He must have gotten his powers from the same source as other devilish pastors. But as far as I know, he is the only person that I know of that performs real healing to the blinds, the lame and so many others stricken with various ailments. How come that other devilish pastors who got their powers the same way as Joshua are not able to perform as good as him? Does this not show that his source of power is not from any other place, but from God. To me it does! Another question is this, Why would satan give him such powers to magnify the kingdom of God? Is it not to satans detriment that all the man does is to spread the word of God and make the healing power of God more real to people, something that has been lacking for years? The man does nothing else other than to preach the gospel, heal the sick and render help to the poor. Do you think that satan would want that?

Finally, the so called confessions by his former associate, would have made a great story if it were about a brothel or a den of robbers. Unfortunately, they are not. There is no way one can convince me and other discerning humans, that such atrocities were taking place in the church and no one knew about them until they decamped. From the way the confessions were told, one might be tempted to think that Joshua does nothing else other than to have sex and plan wizardry. Mind you, synagogue is a place that attracts thousands and thousands of visitors at any given point in time and many of them have made it their permanent abode.

I am not a member of synagogue church of all nations and neither have I visited it. But the bible says that that by their fruits you shall know them. And by the T.B joshua’s fruit, I have already known him. HE IS AN ANNOINTED MAN OF GOD!!!

3 Likes

Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Nosa77(m): 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2009
all this talk about tb joshua, tb joshua shows his importance

if you are not relevant, they will not talk about you

looking at facts, he is doing what no other man of God in this country is doing, and the more the critics, the more he seems to rise
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Maykelly(f): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2009
Atheists:

Who mentored TB Joshua ? Is this a serious question ? I would ask who mentored St Paul ?

mentored or not, If you are WILLING to SERVE God with all your heart WITHOUT DECEIVING your ownself, you can read and you attend services- as a serious person who mean to enter into partnership (prayer) with God - YOU NEED NOT ANY man of God to lay hands on you before you start Signs, wonders or preaching the word of God.

At the case of Moses, and others alike, even Saul to Paul, God Himself choose them.

You don't need to go and serve a man of God, Prophet or going to Bible schools before you get things from God. Just Be WILLING, SINCERE not to decieve YOURSELF.

You can as well pray for 30 days or more than - and will not receive anything; because God SEARCHES the HEART.
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by donnie(m): 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2009
Excellent! I'm glad you realize how simple the Lord is.
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Maykelly(f): 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
[size=14pt]But let none of you suffer as a busybody in other men's matters 1 Peter 4 verse 15[/size]
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by doempie: 8:02am On Jun 20, 2010
What a shame, spirit filled pastors gang up against Profit TB Joshua and Emanuel TV. In my whole life I have never met a man of God with all 5 ministries. So pure and humble, generous and kind. He never talk a bad word of any body. He is a Profit accept it or leave it. Do not say things you know is id not true.

You people that speak so freely and have so much power to think you can change what God is doing in and through TB Joshua, think again and be very care full, because you are not supposed to touch God's anointed one.

Jealousy, jealousy, Oh what a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Gifo(m): 7:55pm On Jun 22, 2010
Do you know one simple truth? The criticisms of prophet T.B. Joshua actually attracts more people to his church; the various attacks are actually publicising the the prophet and his church.

There is now serious scramble to access the church. Infact, there is massive overflow and quite a number are foreigners.
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Raylight2(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
[size=20pt]Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.[/size]

[size=15pt]Also Remember[/size]

[size=15pt]That there is a sin unto death. A sin against the Holy Spirit CAN NEVER be forgiven because God has decided to punish whosoever sin against the Holy Spirit no matter the amount of prayers made.[/size]
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Raylight2(m): 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2010
[size=30pt]Thread Locked[/size]
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by lomprico(m): 9:45am On Jan 12, 2013
Pls where is it written in d bible that u have to be mentoured to become or accpted as a pastor?
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by lirusehn(m): 8:31pm On Aug 02, 2013
I love you Papa. Ma one and only Prophet. Much fankz 2 doz who wrote in support of him. I love y'all
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by PDPBOY(m): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2021
messenger of time,,,, TB Joshua will be dead by 5 of June 2020
Re: Adeboye, Oritsejafor Vs T.b. Joshua (with Pics) by Jen96: 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
PDPBOY:
messenger of time,,,, TB Joshua will be dead by 5 of June 2020
I saw this ur old post. U got the date n I was shocked. Stay blessed my dear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. / Your Easter Message Provocative, CAN Demands Apology From FIRS / COVID-19: OPM Donates Ambulance To Rivers State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.