Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber (35289 Views)

Photos Of A Female Painter In Akwa Ibom / Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” / Meet Abuja Female Painter Who Fears No Height (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by 360frolic(m): 9:32am On Jul 10, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-MYfoxyiipKE/VZ90QZgUnUI/AAAAAAAF2SI/GTUHr8EXh14/s400/mail.google.com.jpg[/img]
A reporter of www..net sent this in......

Read her wonderful story

Fatimah Ibrahim is a 39 year old widow, a mother of two, from Borno state. A chance encounter with her on the street would most certainly portray her as just one of the thousands of ordinary women walking the streets of Lagos. But meeting her at a building site would startlingly reveal the other side of her! This woman is a professional painter, tiler, and plumber! When asked how and why she entered into professions dominated by men, she had this to say,
“I have always loved painting .My friend’s husband who is a painter taught me how to paint, and I started painting even when my husband was alive. Later, I picked interest in tiling and plumbing profession, and I went for the training. Right now, after my husband’s death, I am proud to say I am a professional painter, tiler, and plumber. To me being a woman doesn’t really matter”

As must be expected, Fatimah is confronted with some challenges which centers mainly on gender disparity. “It’s been hard getting work. Some people give me jobs to do, and they are never disappointed; but others are just reluctant to trust me with their buildings, because they still find it difficult to believe the fact that a woman can do these jobs, and even do them better than men

"She called on the public and the government to give her contracts and test her level of capability. She also stressed that these were her means of livelihood. “I am a widow. I have two children aged 13 and 9.I am not begging the public for food, as I have been blessed with the means of providing for my children. All I am asking if for Individuals, contractors, Government to give me jobs so I can make money and take care of my children and other widows who are not so fortunate to have vocations like mine”

http://www..net/2015/07/meet-nigerian-wonder-woman-who-is.html

cc lalasticlala

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by hayorzzyzx(m): 9:34am On Jul 10, 2015
FTC hope this make fp grin
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2015
Buhari wears pampers lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Olamitisoji(m): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2015
Wow, may God bless her handy works. I like seeing women, especially widows who don't use their husband's death as an excuse for financial problems. Some other widows will have been sleeping around with men just to feed, and take care of children. There is always a good alternative solution to every unforeseen problem.

kilode100:

What's good about this story??
Just look at how old and wretched she looks.

It is better for her to become proper ashawo, look good and feed her children properly.

Yeye pretending olosho woman abi she wan tell us say she no dey collect preek since her olosho husband die?...

See her ugly black face sef.
Damn, you're going too far even if wat u re saying is true u sud ve kept it to yourself, God. Don't you know too hard work make pple grow older than they suppose to be. She has every right to look ugly and trashy for her children to look good. Its called parenthood. May what happen to you, but put yourself in her shoes, will you take your own advice? You will belittle yourself in an unholy manner your children will not be proud of to make them look okay? Pls rethink.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by tymoti(m): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2015
BEWARE OF 419,THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Princecalm(m): 9:39am On Jul 10, 2015
what a man can do a woman can sometimes do.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by CallMeMadMan: 9:42am On Jul 10, 2015
Na madness dey cause ham as she no get one specific job grin
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by hazyfm: 9:50am On Jul 10, 2015
HMMM

CAN SHE CLIMB A LADDER?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by mormoni(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
Super woman

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
No job in the land....So don't be surprised when you see a woman hustling like an agbero & collecting monies from commercial vehicles in the streets of lagos.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Armykid: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
U try
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by misterchris(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
We have met her,what next?
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
*in late IK Dairo's voice* ise ori ran mi ni mo se

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by shudi(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
Only In Nigeria!
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by efilefun(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
Some people on here comment with their brain sleeping, why abuse someone trying to survive and raise her kids, should she go into prostitution or she should take to the streets and start begging

15 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:51am On Jul 10, 2015
Hmmmnnn. Dont judge people by their look.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by sweatlana: 9:52am On Jul 10, 2015
shocked shocked shocked Good for her
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by igbsam(m): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2015
God Bless Her

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by efilefun(m): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2015
Your moniker says it all "weyrey"
CallMeMadMan:
Na madness dey cause ham as she no get one specific job grin

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Eyaaaa dats d problem. No wan will want to trust her with their building coz of her gender.

But think I like her pride. "Am not begging for food"

9 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Wow!! God bless your hustle Ma! embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by ademolasundayd(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by macsika: 9:53am On Jul 10, 2015
Really...
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by niceguy7(m): 9:54am On Jul 10, 2015
Na husstling tinz naa
Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2015
..and some able bodied men with complete body would be begging on the streets........ God bless this woman's hustle.

10 Likes

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Raxxye(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by kenedy175(m): 9:55am On Jul 10, 2015
She's too much

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by Badgers14: 9:56am On Jul 10, 2015
You go girl ,smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber by money121(m): 9:57am On Jul 10, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Officer In A Dramatic Traffic Control In Port Harcourt: Photos & Video / 4 Big Career Lessons Managers Can Learn From Mourinho And Chelsea Slump / Between 200k Bank Job And 90k State Ministry Of Health Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.