Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? (34047 Views)

This Lady Was HIV Positive At 14, Her Looks At 22 Now (Photo) / How an hiv positive lady almost lured me into sex without condom / How Does It Feel Going For A HIV/AIDS Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by calista1234(f): 9:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
Yes
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Looool. If you were smart enough, you'd know I put the word fictional in quotes to depict your figures as not valid enough and the whatever link you posted has been abrogated by a more clinical/accurate research. No one is talking Oscar Wilde here. So chill. Now to your PubMed. As a researcher (which if I tell you my real name, you would find it in more that 1 citations on PubMed, but no point telling you), I will Implore you to search through every publication on male to female HIV transmission on your dear PubMed and carry out extensive research to correct your figures. There are so many other "literatures" written by some Researchers of Venice that would knock your figures off. Research is an every day thing and the world advances. So get up lazy bones and dig PubMed more.

Regards.

sainty2k3:

Let me teach u. When we say literature in research I'm not referring to Williams Shakespeare, literature in research means studies that has been done by researchers and get published in the journals.thaw why u have that chapter in ur project/or research (if u have er been involved in one) called literature review
Knowledge is power people don t just sit down,think and bring a value from their head , it all comes from thorough research, I just gave u a link from pub med, now if u know a dime about medical research u will know how reliable articles from pub med are. So this is not fiction , do ur research ND stop being dogmatic,
I wonder how some people are so resistance to fact , u chose to new led by ur thinking while others are actively contributing to knowledge
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by sainty2k3(m): 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
Snipes009:
Looool. If you were smart enough, you'd know I put the word fictional in quotes to depict your figures as not valid enough and the whatever link you posted has been abrogated by a more clinical/accurate research. No one is talking Oscar Wilde here. So chill. Now to your PubMed. As a researcher (which if I tell you my real name, you would find it in more that 1 citations on PubMed, but no point telling you), I will Implore you to search through every publication on male to female HIV transmission on your dear PubMed and carry out extensive research to correct your figures. There are so many other "literatures" written by some Researchers of Venice that would knock your figures off. Research is an every day thing and the world advances. So get up lazy bones and dig PubMed more.

Regards.

Pls quote your references here stop giving fables. If u find any study that put the risk at >1% per intercourse (do ihave to underline the 'per intercourse' part may be that is what u are missing ) in any of the two instances(male to female avg.0.08% and female to male avg.0.04%). We are talking about fact here ,state urs

Here are my references
Vittinghoff E, Douglas J, Judson F et al. Per-contact risk of human immunodeficiency virus transmission between male sexual partners. American Journal of Epidemiology. 1999 Aug 1;150(3):306–11.

www.catie.ca/en/pif/summer-2012/putting-number-it-risk-exposure-hiv#footnoteref2_eiu02uq

Now don't qoute me untill u have read those two articles and u have a reference that states otherwise which I will like u to cite also
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
1999 Aug/2012. Lol...Abrogated. I already checked your link(s) before my previous reply and I could see you don't use Google well or you are just a completely misinformed fellow. Get more "recent" bro. The only valid point of yours was that all in all, ease of transmission depends on the viral load/content. Valid. So fyi, the reality on ground according to recent researches and ongoing ones across "Africa" shows how "per intercourse", male to female transmission rate is a whole number figure. Of course, that's an assignment for you to "figure" out....No links for you so you won't have to quote me again....and sincerely, please don't.

sainty2k3:

Pls quote your references here stop giving fables. If u find any study that put the risk at >1% per intercourse (do ihave to underline the 'per intercourse' part may be that is what u are missing ) in any of the two instances(male to female avg.0.08% and female to male avg.0.04%). We are talking about fact here ,state urs

Here are my references
Vittinghoff E, Douglas J, Judson F et al. Per-contact risk of human immunodeficiency virus transmission between male sexual partners. American Journal of Epidemiology. 1999 Aug 1;150(3):306–11.

www.catie.ca/en/pif/summer-2012/putting-number-it-risk-exposure-hiv#footnoteref2_eiu02uq

Now don't qoute me untill u have read those two articles and u have a reference that states otherwise which I will like u to cite also

Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by sainty2k3(m): 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
Snipes009:
1999 Aug/2012. Lol...Abrogated. I already checked your link(s) before my previous reply and I could see you don't use Google well or you are just a completely misinformed fellow. Get more "recent" bro. The only valid point of yours was that all in all, ease of transmission depends on the viral load/content. Valid. So fyi, the reality on ground according to recent researches and ongoing ones across "Africa" shows how "per intercourse", male to female transmission rate is a whole number figure. Of course, that's an assignment for you to "figure" out....No links for you so you won't have to quote me again....and sincerely, please don't.

This how coward behave all my facts are backed up with references that are reputable and u can not state where u find your 'reality on ground'. Liar.

More for u.
m.jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/205/3/351.full

m.jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/191/9/1403.full

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15809897

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=0p2hVcOHAZDd7Qb6y4jwCQ&url=http://www.natap.org/2012/HIV/Gray3512.pdf&ved=0CD0QFjAF&usg=AFQjCNE1TvweHwWSYTJHTj-hwJ7ICX2m1w
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by flightz(f): 1:09am On Jul 12, 2015
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard!

Before me or coogar ever gets aids, trailer or oil pipeline stealing explosion for don kill you.

Cretin!
frustrated lowlife. Get a life outside nairaland and I will take u serious. Better still, marry tpaih
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 12, 2015
I lied. Does that make you feel better? Ok. Isn't it late over there in Nigeria? You should be in bed by now, Dr. Nocturnal Links. Got better things to do. Bye

sainty2k3:

This how coward behave all my facts are backed up with references that are reputable and u can not state where u find your 'reality on ground'. Liar.

More for u.
m.jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/205/3/351.full

m.jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/191/9/1403.full

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15809897

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=0p2hVcOHAZDd7Qb6y4jwCQ&url=http://www.natap.org/2012/HIV/Gray3512.pdf&ved=0CD0QFjAF&usg=AFQjCNE1TvweHwWSYTJHTj-hwJ7ICX2m1w
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by sainty2k3(m): 8:00am On Jul 12, 2015
Snipes009:
I lied. Does that make you feel better? Ok. Isn't it late over there in Nigeria? You should be in bed by now, Dr. Nocturnal Links. Got better things to do. Bye

smiley
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by ewons1(m): 4:20am On Jul 14, 2015
flightz:
get tested! If u wait till ur cd4 drops, ARV might not help u much. I'm nt wishin u bad but most people wish they knew on time. If u know on time, u might not be placed on drugs yet and ur cd4 would be higher. Its low cd4 dats leads to AIDS and death.
Oga.....I simply asked a question for D sake of odas.....and ur making it look like a personal thing with ur kind of 'advice'....Did I tell u I am exposed to it?lolz....for ur info, am well grounded on d subject matter.
Oya since u claim u know too much...kindly diagnose these symptoms:stomach noise/rumbling that leads to farting,hot flushes all over d body,Movement all over d body,painful movement in muscles of thigh,arm and phalanges(hands).
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by Sagamite(m): 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
flightz:
frustrated lowlife. Get a life outside nairaland and I will take u serious. Better still, marry tpaih

Look at another product of a failed education system having the audacity to claim someone else is a lowlife. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I should get a life outside NL?

Is that your way of consoling yourself because you cannot afford the MBs to come on NL frequently enough, cretin? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by flightz(f): 9:53am On Jul 23, 2015
Sagamite:

Look at another product of a failed education system having the audacity to claim someone else is a lowlife. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I should get a life outside NL?

Is that your way of consoling yourself because you cannot afford the MBs to come on NL frequently enough, cretin? grin grin grin grin grin
cry me a river lad
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by flightz(f): 9:55am On Jul 23, 2015
ewons1:

Oga.....I simply asked a question for D sake of odas.....and ur making it look like a personal thing with ur kind of 'advice'....Did I tell u I am exposed to it?lolz....for ur info, am well grounded on d subject matter.
Oya since u claim u know too much...kindly diagnose these symptoms:stomach noise/rumbling that leads to farting,hot flushes all over d body,Movement all over d body,painful movement in muscles of thigh,arm and phalanges(hands).
u don't give diagnoses online
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by worksmart(m): 6:09am On Sep 19, 2015
Op google HIV hoax .

HIV does not cause AIDS, it is the unnecessary treatment of HIV that knocks out a person's immune system and causes the condition known as AIDS.

Never take HIV medication and never get tested for HIV.
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by mignone(f): 10:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
Starships4u:
She said to herself "HE THAT IS IN ME IS GREATER THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD".... He has faith that can move mountains.... Its medically impossible so long as the have unprotected sex...
I agree wif d divine part... by medically,there are now many ways around it with medications. Sammie goes for negative babies born by positive moms. God is just great!
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by dhummystecah(f): 7:48am On Dec 02, 2015
tuoyoojo:
yes

this is one of the explanation given

it is very possible..there was a study in uganda about some prostitutes who despite being exposed to the hiv virus time and again, they did not come down with the infection

the reason is simple...before hiv can get into the blood stream, there is a receptor on the cell namely ccr5 and cxcr4. now these are the doors or access points of this virus to get into the cell. now some people with mutation or change in this gene that codes for this receptor, hence the virus cannot get into the body with dis mutated receptor which makes those people immune to hiv

that as simple as it gets

i asked my lecturer in medical school then, would it be possible to give someone a drug and cause the mutation, he smiled and said no..."how people get this mutation is not known"
best answer
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by dhummystecah(f): 7:55am On Dec 02, 2015
deltateam:
Op tell your husband to keep taking anti retroviral drugs. Don't leave him cos he still needs your support.
just curious about his infection route.... could it be that he cheated?
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by prettyjo(f): 8:23am On May 05, 2016
[quote author=tintingz post=35702581][/quote]there is no such vaccine but its actually a drug
Re: Is It Possible For A Hiv Positive Man Not To Pass It To His Wife? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lyndylove:
Its possible with God. A good woman who has remained faithful to the husband amidst his philandering ways can be protected by God. So its either she's a good prayer warrior or she's just scared of stigmatization.

COMING SOON!
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!
JULY 15TH!!!

[Music] LYNDY _ MY HERO [A TRIBUTE TO
DR GOODLUCK JONATHAN]

IT DROPS ON JULY 15TH!!!
YOU DON'T WANNA MISS THIS!!!
Follow on twitter: @ Lyndymk

God in His infinite wisdom said, the only ground for divorce is adultery, he knew about the HIV problem of the future.
If any woman senses an iorta of infidelity, I advice her to tread carefully n then leave d marriage if necessary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Vomits Blood And Slumps After Coming Down From Keke Napep In Delta. Photos / How To Manage Your Finances During Covid-19 Pandemic / COVID-19: Ubong King Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.