Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. (1201 Views)

I Want To Buy Desktop Computer. / Desktop Computer Not Working With NEPA But Working With Generator Power. Help!!! / Desktop Computer For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hi guys. My desktop windows xp 32bit computer is plague with virus and its making my computer run very slow. I installed avast security anti virus to see how I can get rid of the virus but the situation got worse. Prior to installing avast security, I could access my control panel and pdf files. Now I can't even access my control panel and some other programs like pdf. Each time I try to access them its either the system tells me to click on the search dialogue and type the program am looking for or an error message will pop up saying error 0.000006x bla bla bla nonsence. Its like the system has been completely taken over by unseen forces. What should I do? sad Am a computer dummy.
Cc: all4naija
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
grin
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by dajoaneke(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
pls install malwarebytes and thank God later
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
First and foremost, uninstall the avast anti-virus and do a system restore to when you were not having the problem. On how to do system restore follow this LINK. If you don't have restore points in your system you can do the following.

1) Download Malwarebytes with another system and copy it to a USB flash drive.

2) Restart your infected system and immediately press and hold F8 key to enter Advanced options.

3) Select Safe Mode and press ENTER key.

4) At Safe Mode put your USB flash into the USB port and install the malwarebytes.

5) Run malwarebytes after installation and click scan now to scan your system.

6) Delete all found malicious software or virus and restart your system.

Please, report back to tell us what your experience after the instruction. Don't forget to copy out the error message or code you have been getting and post it here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
all4naija:
First and foremost, uninstall the avast anti-virus and do a system restore to when you were not having the problem. On how to do system restore follow this LINK. If you don't have restore points in your system you can do the following.

1) Download Malwarebytes with another system and copy it to a USB flash drive.

2) Restart your infected system and immediately press and hold F8 key to enter Advanced options.

3) Select Safe Mode and press ENTER key.

4) At Safe Mode put your USB flash into the USB port and install the malwarebytes.

5) Run malwarebytes after installation and click scan now to scan your system.

6) Delete all found malicious software or virus and restart your system.

Please, report back to tell us what you experience after the instruction. Don't forget to copy out the error message or code you have been getting and post it here.

Pls how do I uninstall avast? I tried to uninstall it through the control panel but was denied access. Is there another way?
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
drss:

Pls how do I uninstall avast? I tried to uninstall it through the control panel but was denied access. Is there another way?

Yes. Download unlocker from HERE and install it. Go to your program Files directory in your C driver and look for Awil folder. Right-click on it and select unlocker. Cilck the drop down menu with 'No action'and select delete and click on to delete it. I t will take a lot of time before deleting everything. If it could delete everything it will alert you to reboot. That is it.
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
all4naija:

Yes. Download unlocker from HERE and install it. Go to your program Files directory in your C driver and look for Awil folder. Right-click on it and select unlocker. Cilck the drop down menu with 'No action'and select delete and click on to delete it. I t will take a lot of time before deleting everything. If it could delete everything it will alert you to reboot. That is it.
Ok. I will keep you posted.
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
@all4naija I was unable to do what you ask me to do. Seems like my system is not responding to anyhting. It boot quite alright but its not showing any desk icons. What do you think is the problem?
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
drss:
@all4naija I was unable to do what you ask me to do. Seems like my system is not responding to anyhting. It boot quite alright but its not showing any desk icons. What do you think is the problem?
Let see the image of your system posted here?
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
all4naija:
Let see the image of your system posted here?
Blank screen. No desktop icons. Do I need to format the system and reinstall windows xp?

Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
drss:

Blank screen. No desktop icons. Do I need to format the system and reinstall windows xp?
Okay. But you didn't boot into Safe mode as I told you before.

Restart your system and press F8. Follow the first instruction I gave to you in previous post. The one with the list. If you aren't not getting any result then follow the one below:

Press crtl + Alt +esc key to open taskmanager . Click File tab and type appwiz.cpl into it. Look for avast and right-click on it and select uninstall. Follow instruction screen to delete it.
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
all4naija:
Okay. But you didn't boot into Safe mode as I told you before.

Restart your system and press F8. Follow the first instruction I gave to you in previous post. The one with the list. If you aren't not getting any result then follow the one below:

Press crtl + Alt +esc key to open taskmanager . Click File tab and type appwiz.cpl into it. Look for avast and right-click on it and select uninstall. Follow instruction screen to delete it.
OK. WILL do that right away.
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
@all4naija Done everything as you said. I installed the malwarebyte program in safe mode but it failed to initialize.
Below is the screen shot.
Avast security seem to the culprit. Its blocking programs from functioning.
I also tried to restore the system based on the steps through the link you gave me but when I clicked restore system, a dialoq box appeared searching for the program endlessly. The second image.

Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
Restore system program missing...

Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
drss:
@all4naija Done everything as you said. I installed the malwarebyte program in safe mode but it failed to initialize.
Below is the screen shot.
Avast security seem to the culprit. Its blocking programs from functioning.
I also tried to restore the system based on the steps through the link you gave me but when I clicked restore system, a dialoq box appeared searching for the program endlessly. The second image.
Okay. Restart your system and boot normal to your desktop.

1) Press Windows Key + R to open Run dialog.

2) Type msconfig into it and click on OK.

4) Click on 'Services' tab above and mark the little box close to 'Hide all Microsoft service' below.

5) Click on 'Startup' tab and click on 'Disable all' and then click on Apply. Click on OK to close configuration dialog.

6) Click Restart to restart your system.

7) Run malwarebytes and scan your system for malicious software.

8.) Delete all the issues found and restart your system.

9) Go to your Program file folder in C drive. Locate the Avast folder. Right-click on it and select unlocker.

10) Click the 'No action' menu and select Delete and click OK. Wait for it to remove all file from your system. It might require you to restart the system to finalize deleting of files.
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 12:00am On Jul 12, 2015
all4naija:
Okay. Restart your system and boot normal to your desktop.

1) Press Windows Key + R to open Run dialog.

2) Type msconfig into it and click on OK.

4) Click on 'Services' tab above and mark the little box close to 'Hide all Microsoft service' below.

5) Click on 'Startup' tab and click on 'Disable all' and then click on Apply. Click on OK to close configuration dialog.

6) Click Restart to restart your system.

7) Run malwarebytes and scan your system for malicious software.

8.) Delete all the issues found and restart your system.

9) Go to your Program file folder in C drive. Locate the Avast folder. Right-click on it and select unlocker.

10) Click the 'No action' menu and select Delete and click OK. Wait for it to remove all file from your system. It might require you to restart the system to finalize deleting of files.
Alright. Will keep you updated.
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Thanks for your help cheesy @all4naija Finaly! I got rid of avast security. The system is acting normal now. Though malwarebytes is still not openning.
The only problem now is that I can't access some programs. Anytime I tried it always say somthing like this: Windows cannot find 'C;\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe', make sure you typed the correct name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.
Anything you can help me with?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 13, 2015
drss:
Thanks for your help cheesy @all4naija Finaly! I got rid of avast security. The system is acting normal now. Though malwarebytes is still not openning.
The only problem now is that I can't access some programs. Anytime I tried it always say somthing like this: Windows cannot find 'C;\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe', make sure you typed the correct name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.
Anything you can help me with?
It is because you install it in safe mode. Uninstall the malwarebytes and download a fresh one and install it. Run it and scan your system properly.

Download a ccleaner and install it. Run it and click on the registry tool. analyze . After that click clean issues, next click don't save and click ok. Repeat it until it no longer find any issue.

What are the programs you cannot access?
Re: Help! My Desktop Computer Taken Over By Unseen Forces. by drss(m): 6:46am On Jul 13, 2015
all4naija:
It is because you install it in safe mode. Uninstall the malwarebytes and download a fresh one and install it. Run it and scan your system properly.

Download a ccleaner and install it. Run it and click on the registry tool. analyze . After that click clean issues, next click don't save and click ok. Repeat it until it no longer find any issue.

What are the programs you cannot access?
The add/unistall program, screen saver, all on control panel.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help A Sister!!!! / What To Know About The Similarities & Differences Between Tecno Camon C8 To C9 / How Do I Post Sponsored Link On This Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.