Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Job Scam Alert! My Experience! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Job Scam Alert! My Experience! (1017 Views)

Impostor Slammed With 27 Month Jail Sentence For Job Scam (photos) / 2 Nigerians Arrested In Delhi For Job Scam / Crime Alert: My Staff Disappeared With My Money At The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by Roon9(m): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
About three hours ago I got a call from a man. immediately I spoke into the receiver he just started ranting on how I didn't call him again throughout my service year and how I had made him secure a spot for me at NNPC for a long time coming. I was lost as he spoke but I kept my calm, trying to play along.

Apparently he's an older fellow so typically i spoke in a manner which might have given him the impression that I was timid. I asked who I was speaking to and he quickly retorted how disappointed he was that I have deleted his number ( kai! dis guy is good)

I quickly apologised and listened with keen interest as he blabbed about securing a spot for me at NNPC and how today is the deadline of submission and that if am still interested I should call him back before he leaves the office.

When I called back I made him believe that I was ready for the job and with a surprising aura of authority and finality he bidded me to run to any first bank branch and deposit 25k into an account he would send to me once am at the bank. Few minutes later he called back to confirm the payment from me, since he's yet to get any alert. I told him that they might be having difficulty posting and that he should be patient.

Once I had convinced him that the payment has been made he sent me a mail and asked me to send my docx to the mail also stating that I should scan the teller of payment and send to him....it was then I went nuts and started raining abuses on him and his entire hungry generation. Rotfl!

What shocked me about this particular scammer was the underground work he did on me. Telling me my discipline , the state i was posted to and town of PPA, thinking about it now am sure its someone from that state that's behind this.

Secondly why would someone that's not family be so particular about me securing a job with nnpc. Ahba! The man was just calling and speaking with so much boldness like I was his child. Perhaps when he gives me the "job"the salary would be entering his own pocket.

Thirdly, I didn't apply anywhere, I didn't sit for any exam, I don't know anyone that remotely works with nnpc, how then did I get shortlisted....nawa ooooo!

Lastly, how in Gods name was I supposed to raise 25k for a job when my last allowee remain just #370...? See masala o! Abi na the 10 naira starch wey I de buy dey for ma only 3 long sleeve dey mk ppo think say I don blow ni? Nawa o!

Here's the scammer's account name : David blessing

Number: 07069676034

Email: cp.ofng@yahoo.com

BE ALERT!!!
Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by hawk05(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
tongue
Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by Tallesty1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
You be real bad market bro
Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by DahtzFestjayz: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by SirLegal(m): 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
That's how the operate. Silly people who take scamming as a paying job.
Glad you understood what was happening. For Naija everyone has to shine their Eyes.

1 Like

Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by sammer4life(m): 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
#inthefullnessoftime
Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by adebayo201: 7:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
You get money to dey call now!

Ain't you on Facebook To get your info is simple now. So, learn from this Bro!

1 Like

Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by Roon9(m): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
Tallesty1:
You be real bad market bro

I b warri Boi na! I can't dull
Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by Roon9(m): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
adebayo201:
You get money to dey call now!

Ain't you on Facebook To get your info is simple now. So, learn from this Bro!

Bingo! I guess DAT is it but my fone no. Isnt on my page+ I only called once to state interest after DT he was d one doing all d calling.. I was particularly acting slow to burn his credit
Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by djjosh(m): 5:32am On Jul 11, 2015
okayna...
Re: Job Scam Alert! My Experience! by iamboody(m): 7:16am On Jul 11, 2015
It's an old stale trick.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is This Guy? FISH HIM OUT! / A DPO Patrick Onwu Has Been Demoted To DSP For Beating Up Female Traffic Warden / 28-year-old Witch Doctor Nabbed With Human Parts In Abia State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.