Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:29 PM

Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? (30142 Views)

Timi Dakolo - The Vow (VIDEO WITH LYRICS) / Which Do You Prefer Between Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well And Darey's Pray For Me / Lyrics: Pray For Me Lyrics By Darey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by eph12(m): 10:43am On Sep 17, 2015
Fantastic songs wonderful vocals. These two are just great but if I must choose I did go for Darey's pray for me because of the indigenous language there. Timi vocal was best Tho but the introduction of the Yoruba dialect I can't ignore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by softvio(m): 10:44am On Sep 17, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:

Yea same here. Darey's song is about his dead parents and sister. The message is strong.

wow! Really?
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by softvio(m): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2015
cosmic22:
timi= western classics
dare= d African art

good songs....buh timiz voice...makes him naija king of soul music.........damn

great! You just killed the analysis...thanx man....are u a musician
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by khennykhay(m): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2015
I love both of them bt the one I enjoy was dat wish me well by timi dankolo
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 17, 2015
Let me go and download first......i'll be back

YKKOHS
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by stonecoldcafe: 11:04am On Sep 17, 2015
homesteady:
After reading this thread last night, I went to download the two songs, and they've both made me crazy! Like you said, Both songs got executed with that perfectionist touch.

Sorry it will be betrayal on my path to pick which one is the best gringrin they are both good!

I tell ya, pretty hard to choose. I heard Timi's first and I was like WOW! Why have I not heard this before? Dare's is equally good but something bout Timi's slays it for me time and time again.

I agree with you though; its very hard to choose.

3 Likes

Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by cosmic22(m): 11:12am On Sep 17, 2015
softvio:

great! You just killed the analysis...thanx man....are u a musician

m not bro.... buh I sing and im a staunch lover of soul music
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by spicyhoney(f): 11:13am On Sep 17, 2015
These two songs got me emotional this morning. This is music! kiss Both songs are great, can't choose.
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by softvio(m): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2015
cosmic22:

m not bro.... buh I sing and im a staunch lover of soul music
cool, you'r good
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by stonecoldcafe: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2015
kilokeys:

Grandfather?

I don't mean to be cold and insensitive.. But just let him rest, do ur best.. Gather up funds and resources, improve urself and the quality of ur life with what u hv gathered so ur grandkids wouldn't seek for alms on NL in future

That was cold and insensitive; you should have just kept quiet. Shame on you!
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by ajf(m): 11:17am On Sep 17, 2015
The thing is Timi's 'wish me well' hooks you immediately after the first listen while Darey's 'pray for me' will keep growing on you as you continue to listen to it.
I heard both songs on the same day for the first time some weeks ago. That day, I preferred Timi's song. But today, I must confess, I'm beginning to like Darey's more.
In the end, both are great songs that I love so much.
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by ajf(m): 11:21am On Sep 17, 2015
QatarPlayboy:
I realli luv pray for me by darey. bt i think d turn off in d music is him addin yoruba which to me mks it local. it wud hv been better if d yoruba was substituted wit either spanish or french nd such wud hv made it nt only international bt also giv him so many international awards, and who knws,..mayb even a grammy nomination. dis is my personal opinion!

And somebody liked this rubbish?!

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by Dubemkelly(m): 11:24am On Sep 17, 2015
Hit "Like" if you think 'Wish me well ' by Timi Dakolo is better and "Share" if you think that 'Pray for me' by Darey is better
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by kilokeys(m): 11:25am On Sep 17, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

That was cold and insensitive; you should have just kept quiet. Shame on you!

The guy in question got contacted.. He says his email was hacked and the post isnt from him..

At least we try to get to d bottom of issues.. And render help once its authentic... Unlike slacktivists like u.. U just watch, quote and criticise without thinking

Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by debbydee(f): 11:34am On Sep 17, 2015
Both songs are inspiring

Timi lyrics are kind of harsh eg i have bought a one way ticket i ma not coming back

Dare lyrics are soft eg Forgive me father i have to take a chance

my thoughts though
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 17, 2015
asa is their master
imohchard:
its like comparing john legends you and i to one direction you and i... same style, same great voices singing same song...

darey and timi are my best.. asa is their sister, baze their younger brother
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by Latinandre(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2015
Timi Dakolo featured nobody, he did all by himself, but Darey didnt do Pray for me alone, he had to feature the award winning soweto mass choir... i will choose Timi Dakolo!!! but the song are both dope and tight....
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by temmym4(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
firstclazz34:
Ok Timi came out first and i was blown away, but when i heard Dare's i said WTF, with tears running down my eyes i go with Dare, had the song on replay since

You have just spoken my mind my brother!

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by simdam500(m): 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
Jarizod: none

Just give me my orente

Be like you have a thing for Orente girls cheesy
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by ALAYORMII: 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Instead of comparing, why don't we just enjoy the two.

For Mii, the both are great
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by iamkingzlee(m): 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
hard decision indeed. I love both. They both sing with Passion...
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by Reptyle(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
2 great songs by 2 talented singers.

Timi has a slight edge in the area of vocal depth and range in my opinion.
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by stonecoldcafe: 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
kilokeys:

The guy in question got contacted.. He says his email was hacked and the post isnt from him..

At least we try to get to d bottom of issues.. And render help once its authentic... Unlike slacktivists like u.. U just watch, quote and criticise without thinking

Yeah right so did you post that rubbish before or after you quoted him? If you know its a scam, you should be zealous enough to delete it as opposed to answering anyhow.
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by Kraspo(m): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2015
phrezzz:
Prefar dare's- pray for me
Me too
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by dammmy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
Darey gentle intro yeen lasan....Both are ideal But i will listen to Pray for me first.
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by openmine(m): 1:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
both are lovely songs...its just that i was waiting for that "high pitch" towards the end by dare song and i didnt get it.. undecided

..unlike timi's "wish me well"...that high pitch towards "the end of the song" was the bomb...superb and splendid...i even had to crop dose parts as my ringtone...

So,without sentiments, i tink timi's song did a better job dan dat of dare's...though i love their type of music.... cool

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by Justbright(m): 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
By wide margin ,pray 4 me is d best....i av pray 4 me b4,just downloaded dakolos..its ok bt cant stand dareys pray 4 me
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by openmine(m): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
ifeomaekol:
pls hw did u dwnload timi dakolo-----wish u well? Cos I hv bn tryn to dwnload d song frm wapdam, bt cnt find dt particular song dia. N d darey too------did he feature soweto gospel choir? Cos dts wat I saw. Tnx for helping
1.browse dis site keepvid.com
2.copy the link of that video
3.paste it on d long space dat has a download button at the end
4.click on d download button and all the video formats will be displayed including mp3 format
5.click to download and enjoy cool
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by openmine(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
QatarPlayboy:
I realli luv pray for me by darey. bt i think d turn off in d music is him addin yoruba which to me mks it local. it wud hv been better if d yoruba was substituted wit either spanish or french nd such wud hv made it nt only international bt also giv him so many international awards, and who knws,..mayb even a grammy nomination. dis is my personal opinion!
@bolded...That will be unfair...i tink the addition of d yoruba flavor was brilliant and more african though it wud have made much sense if there was a subtitle undecided
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
change49ja:

How?

Timi's version came out before Darey's. Darey listened to Timi's and stole his concept. Darey will remain underated or at most king of karoake, Timi remains the real king of soul in Nigeria if not Africa
Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by hucienda: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
Timi!

#Respect cool

1 Like

Re: Timi Dakolo's Wish Me Well Vs Darey's Pray For Me: Which Do You Prefer? by utytill(m): 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
timi is a bomb in originality,darey too dey follow follow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BET Awards 2021 Winners (Full List) / 2023 Headies Award Winners (Full List) / Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.