Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa (3802 Views)

The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
scholes0:

You are right
you see, the thing is that Fulanis have more population that Hausas in West Africa, but Hausa language has more speakers than Fulani in West Africa.
that is how it is.

Are you drunk? In what universe do the fulani have more population than hausaas? The hausas in Nigeria alone outnumber the whole fulanis is west Africa.
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by scholes0(m): 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

Are you drunk? In what universe do the fulani have more population than hausaas? The hausas in Nigeria alone outnumber the whole fulanis is west Africa.

You are the one who is drunk for making stupid statements pulled out of your butt....
What is the population of Hausas in Nigeria, Mr Hausa?

Hausas are basically 85-90% of the North West, plus some others in Gombe and Bauchi..... Don't come here to tell us Rubbish, you are not talking to primary 2 kids.
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
scholes0:

You are the one who is drunk for making stupid statements pulled out of your butt....
What is the population of Hausas in Nigeria, Mr Hausa?

Hausas are basically 85-90% of the North West, plus some others in Gombe and Bauchi..... Don't come here to tell us Rubbish, you are not talking to primary 2 kids.

Lol! There are over 30 million hausas in Nigeria alone dumbo! Fulas number about 20 million. The remaining countries with Fula population have a relatively low population, the total number of fulas is 40million at most! If you disagree with this, please, tell me the total population of fulas, using every country. Hausas are the largest ethnicity, and have the highest number of first language speakers in west Africa, Possibly africa dweeb!

It seems I am speaking to a primary 2 kid indeed!
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by scholes0(m): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

Lol! There are over 30 million hausas in Nigeria alone dumbo! Fulas number about 20 million. The remaining countries with Fula population have a relatively low population, the total number of fulas is 40million at most! If you disagree with this, please, tell me the total population of fulas, using every country. Hausas are the largest ethnicity, and have the highest number of first language speakers in west Africa, Possibly africa dweeb!
It seems I am speaking to a primary 2 kid indeed!

Fulanis number around 20 Million.... lol
I just knew you were indeed dumb, immediately I saw that part......
Fulanis number around 45 million.

Hausas are mostly Nigeria and Niger
lets say Nigeria 33 Million
Niger- 9.4 Million.
That is a total of around 41 Million
population of Hausas anywhere else apart from these two countries in only speculative.

Like I mentioned before, hausa has the highest number of first language speakers in WA....so stop mentioning silly facts to me.... we are already over that.
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
scholes0:

Fulanis number around 20 Million.... lol
I just knew you were indeed dumb, immediately I saw that part......
Fulanis number around 45 million.

Hausas are mostly Nigeria and Niger
lets say Nigeria 33 Million
Niger- 9.4 Million.
That is a total of around 41 Million
population of Hausas anywhere else apart from these two countries in only speculative.

You are an an assorted foool!

How many fulas do we have in Nigeria then?

Btw, hausas number more than 13million in Niger, there's a good number in Cameroon Sudan and some west African countries, please, what is the total number of the fulas? Dweeb!
I reiterate, every one including the anthropologists and what not know hausa is the largest ethnicity in west Africa! They also have the highest number of first language speakers!

Clueless dweeb. I'm still waiting for your statistics on the fulas!
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by scholes0(m): 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

You are an an assorted foool!

How many fulas do we have in Nigeria then?

11% of 178 Million.... beg someone to do the math for you, if you are too stewpid to do it yourself.

RagnarLodbrok:
Btw, hausas number more than 13million in Niger, there's a good number in Cameroon Sudan and some west African countries, please, what is the total number of the fulas? Dweeb!
I reiterate, every one including the anthropologists and what not know hausa is the largest ethnicity in west Africa! They also have the highest number of first language speakers!

Hausas are only 52.2% of Niger... And that is generous....lol, look at this guy oo....
Multiply 17.8 million population of Niger by 0.52, genius.

RagnarLodbrok:
Clueless dweeb. I'm still waiting for your statistics on the fulas!
What else do you want to see?..... Are you blind or something?
lmao
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
scholes0:

11% of 178 Million.... beg someone to do the math for you, if you are too stewpid to do it yourself.
Is it not about 20 million? Re.tard!

Hausas are only 52.2% of Niger... And that is generous....lol, look at this guy oo....
Multiply 17.8 million population of Niger by 0.52, genius.
You know when you brought your botched outdated figure on hausas in Nigeria, I kept shut. Didn't want to start a tribal war..

But hausas are more than 52% Of Niger dumbo! And why are you using an outdated estimate? Loool!

What else do you want to see?..... Are you blind or something?
lmao
I want you to admit you spoke as a charlatan when you said fulas outnumber hausas. But if you want me to continue handing your a*s over to you, continue with your argument, only this time atleast bring proof or facts.

It seems you've lost the plot dweeb! Try again! But I will admit you've stayed away from your dimwitted earlier claims. grin
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by scholes0(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

Is it not about 20 million? Re.tard!

You know when you brought your botched outdated figure on hausas in Nigeria, I kept shut. Didn't want to start a tribal war..
But hausas are more than 52% Of Niger dumbo! And why are you using an outdated estimate? Loool!
I want you to admit you spoke as a charlatan when you said fulas outnumber hausas. But if you want me to continue handing your a*s over to you, continue with your argument, only this time atleast bring proof or facts.
It seems you've lost the plot dweeb! Try again! But I will admit you've stayed away from your dimwitted earlier claims. grin

Sure.... go on and eat the population.... I guess that is the only thing you can lay claim to, since there are no other life achievements in this modern era, that your people are especially known for.... keep multiplying like mice, none of my business- just dont send the extra load to my part of the country to flood it with beggars.
I am neither Hausa nor Fulani..... so yaay, you win! smiley
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
scholes0:

Sure.... go on and eat the population.... I guess that is the only thing you can lay claim to, since there are no other life achievements in this modern era, that your people are especially known for.... keep multiplying like mice, none of my business- just dont send the extra load to my part of the country to flood it with beggars.
I am neither Hausa nor Fulani..... so yaay, you win! smiley

Lol! Of course you're not, none of my Fula or hausa brothers is as ignorant as you are.

In the old days, when progress was not affected by the west, there were none mightier people than we, it's a fact. We were financially, culturally, architecturally, administratively and artistically superior to everyone in west Africa, possibly Africa, no one has a richer history than we.

And btw, we will keep multiplying. You think your stu.pid deluded argument that you've achieved more than us actually matters, what have you achieved that we haven't if I may ask?

You know there are these two sayings in hausa, I leave you with them

"Sarkin yawa yafi Sarkin Karfi"

"Kuna mana kallon biri, muna muku kallon ayaba"
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Fulaman198(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

And how many are they? Heck! Even they don't speak their language these days.

False information there are 10-11 million alone in Nigeria that can, 3-4 million in Cameroon (all in the same Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba regions).

Then in Mali, another 5 million speak the language, in Niger and Benin republic about 4 million speak the language. In Guinea, about 7.5 million speak it, in Senegal with Mauritania about another 7.5 million again.

All in all we total about 30 million speakers all across west Africa. The language is vastly spoken.
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Fulaman198(m): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
OlaoChi:

The list is not completely accurate, but it's recommendable, if you do some research you would see the list in that order(except Zulu might be substituted for Shona)

How many people speak fulbe? Non fulbes hardly understand it. So while it's supposed to be on that list above igbo, it isn't the most spoken in west africa. .hausa is

If you go to Cameroon many Non-Ful6e speak the language fluently. I can link many videos as an example.
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fulaman198:

False information there are 10-11 million alone in Nigeria that can, 3-4 million in Cameroon (all in the same Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba regions).

Then in Mali, another 5 million speak the language, in Niger and Benin republic about 4 million speak the language. In Guinea, about 7.5 million speak it, in Senegal with Mauritania about another 7.5 million again.

All in all we total about 30 million speakers all across west Africa. The language is vastly spoken.

Na yarda. Na San kuna da yawa, Ya Kamata kuna ciki. Amma dai baraka ce fulfulde aka fi amfani da a gabbacin afrika ba.

Kai Ka yarda cewa kun fi hausawa yawa?
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Fulaman198(m): 6:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
kaura5000:
Yeah fulaman I agree fufulde suppose to be in this list considering that fulfulde is spoken in most west african countries.. I think fulfulde should be second to hausa in west africa

I agree because many speak Hausa as a second language like myself after Fulfulde.

Hausa speakers (that speak it fluently) number about 50 million. Because many groups speak it fluently as a second language (the Fulani, The Zarma, the Kanuri, the Toubou, the Tuareg, etc.)

Fulfulde/Pulaar/Pular speakers number about 32 million if you add all the Fulani speakers from Senegal to Sudan.
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Fulaman198(m): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

Na yarda. Na San kuna da yawa, Ya Kamata kuna ciki. Amma dai baraka ce fulfulde aka fi amfani da a gabbacin afrika ba.

Kai Ka yarda cewa kun fi hausawa yawa?

Thanks, there are less Fulfulde speakers than Hausa speakers though
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fulaman198:

Thanks, there are less Fulfulde speakers than Hausa speakers though

Yeah I know.

The question is do you believe ethnic fula out number ethnic hausa?
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Fulaman198(m): 6:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
RagnarLodbrok:

Yeah I know.

The question is do you believe ethnic fula out number ethnic hausa?

Nigeria is a mixed bag. Pure ethnic Fulani in my opinion are only found in Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba states. Thus, I don't think Ethnic Fulani outnumber Ethnic Hausa.

The Hausa-Fulani are neither Ethnic Fula or ethnic Hausa. Thus, there are more ethnic Hausa in Nigeria. However, there are more ethnic Fulani from all countries combined. Keep in mind that about 50% of Hausa speakers that speak the language fluently are Full-blooded ethnic Hausa and the other 50% are either of another ethnic group or mixed (Hausa-Fulani).

You are just Hausa for example right? I'm just Pullo (Fulani).
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fulaman198:

Nigeria is a mixed bag. Pure ethnic Fulani in my opinion are only found in Adamawa, Gombe and Taraba states. Thus, I don't think Ethnic Fulani outnumber Ethnic Hausa.

The Hausa-Fulani are neither Ethnic Fula or ethnic Hausa. Thus, there are more ethnic Hausa in Nigeria. However, there are more ethnic Fulani from all countries combined. Keep in mind that about 50% of Hausa speakers that speak the language fluently are Full-blooded ethnic Hausa and the other 50% are either of another ethnic group or mixed (Hausa-Fulani).

You are just Hausa for example right? I'm just Pullo (Fulani).

Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by sayo147(f): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2015
CertifiedFreak:
No tribal bias here buh I fail to see why the Igbo language made this list. The Hausa and Yoruba languages I can understand since they transcend the shores of our country but Igbo?
Prolly aided by the country's massive population.
I was having same thoughts as well. I'd love to know if there is any other African country with igbo speaking natives. I refuse to believe their population in Nigeria gained the language a position on the list.
Please no tribalism or offense intended smiley
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by softvio(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2015
CertifiedFreak:
No tribal bias here buh I fail to see why the Igbo language made this list. The Hausa and Yoruba languages I can understand since they transcend the shores of our country but Igbo?

d fourth republic president of Guinea root is igbo..they gat ibos in guinea n anoda african country dat i cnt jux recall now.. One language is missing on d list n dats d fulanis
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by softvio(m): 10:58am On Jul 14, 2015
CertifiedFreak:

the fourth republic president of equitorial Guinea root is ibo..and igbo is a recgnize languae in eq. Guinea n 1 oda african country i cnt recall now..d igbos are good travellers n explorers ,dont forget d topic context also....one language is missing there FULANI
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by softvio(m): 11:02am On Jul 14, 2015
scholes0:

Lol, actual list should look like this:
English
French
Arabic
Kiswahili
Hausa
Yoruba
Amharic
Igbo
Oromo
Fula

Languages like Zulu are not even Africa's top 10.

Kiswahili n Zulu are d only languages dat d white use tu portray us in movies,stories n even names..so its hard tu take Zulu away, to some extent
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by scholes0(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2015
softvio:

Kiswahili n Zulu are d only languages dat d white use tu portray us in movies,stories n even names..so its hard tu take Zulu away, to some extent

Kiswahili, maybe
Zulu? no no.....
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by softvio(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2015
scholes0:

Kiswahili, maybe
Zulu? no no.....

most american movies abt africa culture are been shot in SA n they use d ZULU language istead of SOSA.. Go n watch dis movie called ZULU or even MR BONES
Re: Three Nigerian Languages Make Up Top 10 Most Popular Languages In All Of Africa by scholes0(m): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2015
softvio:

most american movies abt africa culture are been shot in SA n they use d ZULU language istead of SOSA.. Go n watch dis movie called ZULU or even MR BONES

So Watching the Zulu movie means Europeans represent all of Africa with it? And why would they use Xhosa, when the movie is about Shaka Zulu?
Mr Bones is a South African movie, not American.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Menz, Shewa - Ethiopia / For Your Trendy Traditional Weaving Aso Oke / Check Out Photos Of A Cute Yoruba Kid Rocking It Better In Her Fulani Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.