Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,247 members, 7,780,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:36 PM

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy (45299 Views)

Reasons For Schengen Visa Refusal (explanation) / Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy / Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by anonymousone: 1:31am On Jul 11, 2015
Hi guys,
I was recently denied a UK visa by the british embassy for allegedly fraudulently obtaining an immigration stamp on my passport. The said passport has also been impounded. i'll summarize the main part of the story below
I had gotten into UK from another country(legal residence here), spent a couple of weeks, came down to nigeria, spent a month, went back to the UK spent a few days before returning to that country. These events happened over 2 yrs ago
However my refusal is based on the premise that i never made that trip to nigeria. that i had instead spent the entire time in the uk before that return trip to that country. It claims that the Nigerian entry immigration stamp as such was fraudulently obtained.They have therefore denied me visa on this basis and seized my passport as a result.
It should be noted i had been granted Visa after those trips by the UK embassy but was applying for a renewal.

Any ideas what to do next would be very helpful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by adebisiolumide5(m): 1:58am On Jul 11, 2015
sorry o.p
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by raayah(f): 2:09am On Jul 11, 2015
Was the stamp legally obtained?
Can you prove that flight to Nigeria with airline tickets?

Contact Nigerian Immigration Services and also the Nigerian airport that you landed in and the Airline you travelled with. It might be a fake stamp but maybe its not your fault.

Request a letter/proof showing that you were in Nigeria at that period. If possible show pictures , luggage tags e.t.c.

This should help.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by zeezahbee(f): 2:41am On Jul 11, 2015
The poster above has actually said it all. If the stamps are actually real, then you can proof your case. Good luck

4 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Lexusgs430: 7:09am On Jul 11, 2015
anonymousone:
Hi guys,
I was recently denied a UK visa by the british embassy for allegedly fraudulently obtaining an immigration stamp on my passport. The said passport has also been impounded. i'll summarize the main part of the story below
I had gotten into UK from another country(legal residence here), spent a couple of weeks, came down to nigeria, spent a month, went back to the UK spent a few days before returning to that country. These events happened over 2 yrs ago
However my refusal is based on the premise that i never made that trip to nigeria. that i had instead spent the entire time in the uk before that return trip to that country. It claims that the Nigerian entry immigration stamp as such was fraudulently obtained.They have therefore denied me visa on this basis and seized my passport as a result.
It should be noted i had been granted Visa after those trips by the UK embassy but was applying for a renewal.

Simply request a flight itinerary from the airlines you travelled on, and state to them reasons for your request.
Submit to the high commission and this matter should be resolved.
NB: Not unless, the stamps were fraudulently obtained. Then that's a 10 year ban!!!
Did you attempt the visa renewal in person or proxy and are you currently in Nigeria?

8 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 11, 2015
I think i have something to say here. Most of the time, i always watch and read posts only. Getting those documents like previous travel tickets, calling or contacting NIS(Nigeria Immigration Service), getting Police Clearance etc, cannot solve the issue. I am sure these person has been banned already, i mean, he must have been banned together with the passport seizure by the British Embassy. These events has been unfolding for a while now, not very long, i think the UK embassy started these crazy steps late last year. Such happened to someone too. She and her husband are frequent travellers to the UK, and already had two years on their passport. I applied for their renewal but seperately. We applied first for the wife, then later the husband's. Unfortunately there was a delay of more than a month before the consular took a decision and withheld her old passport which contains the UK visas. Then they released the new passport she attached to it. She was also banned for ten years, with an option to appeal. Several applicants were also banned even elderly people and very rich people. We met them @ the VFS at Ikeja complaining about their passport seizure and ban. One VFS officer told us its a new crazy trend by the UK embassy. so i was really sad and started making deep enquiries. It was later that she told me the truth that actually she applied to spend 3 weeks in London, but everytime she spends more than that, she used to tip the Immigration officers @ the airport with some dollar so as to back stamp the date for her! I immediately cancel her husband's appointment & applied for his refund. So if you are among those people that do back stamp @ d airport, well you are most likely to face such dilema. just forget your passport!

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by justwise(m): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2015
anonymousone:
Hi guys,

Did you actually made that trip or you gave your passport to somebody to be stamped entry and exit from Nigeria?

8 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by anonymousone: 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
justwise:

Did you actually made that trip or you gave your passport to somebody to be stamped entry and exit from Nigeria?
Lexusgs430:

Simply request a flight itinerary from the airlines you travelled on, and state to them reasons for your request.
Submit to the high commission and this matter should be resolved.
NB: Not unless, the stamps were fraudulently obtained. Then that's a 10 year ban!!!
Did you attempt the visa renewal in person or proxy and are you currently in Nigeria?
Thanks guys for the response. I'm a frequent traveller and was even in the uk as recently as early this year, i would not jeopardize my travel chances by doing something as flimsy as that. and Yes i made the trip to nigeria. I even had some official stuffs done during that period. My problem is the consular officer obviously did not take the pain to obviously look through my passport to see a re-entry stamp into UK after the trip to nigeria. There's no reason to come to this forum and lie about my situation. Its even alien to me that people would actually get stamps and all that. Ive never heard that before .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by justwise(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
anonymousone:

Thanks guys for the response. I'm a frequent traveller and was even in the uk as recently as early this year, i would not jeopardize my travel chances by doing something as flimsy as that. and Yes i made the trip to nigeria. I even had some official stuffs done during that period. My problem is the consular officer obviously did not take the pain to obviously look through my passport to see a re-entry stamp into UK after the trip to nigeria. There's no reason to come to this forum and lie about my situation. Its even alien to me that people would actually get stamps and all that. Ive never heard that before .

Apply for AR if it's not too late and add your ticket number, your record will still be with the airline, so they can verify that.

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Lexusgs430: 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
anonymousone:

Request or seek from the airlines procedures or letters to buttress your point to the embassy, to proof beyond reasonable doubt, your presence on the flights on said days.
I would go as far as requesting an Appeal or even judicial review. But make sure all documentations from the Airlines are already @ hand.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by oyiduman01(m): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
I,m a new member here...pls ask me any hard question on canada or uk visit visa...n also open to new idear too.

1 Like

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by anonymousone: 6:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
justwise:

Apply for AR if it's not too late and add your ticket number, your record will still be with the airline, so they can verify that.
On their refusal letter, it states that the decision is not up for appeal or administrative review. Should i also add that they still have my passport as well
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by justwise(m): 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
anonymousone:

On their refusal letter, it states that the decision is not up for appeal or administrative review. Should i also add that they still have my passport as well

Yes appeal is completely out of it but that doesn't stop you from emailing them to clarify that OR reapply and use the opportunity to attach supporting documents to clear your name.
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by aril: 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
anonymousone:

Hmmm... seriously!

To think that the consular did not look through your passport to see a re-entery stamp into UK is one thing but for sure the consular must had seen a foul play on your passport that's why such decision was made.

If you google well you will see other folks who are in the same situation like yourself. Almost all of them admit to using cunning way to say they departed Uk and they re-entered back. Where you have been going for years is funny how you can just got banned without no cogent facts.

Smthing is not right!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by anonymousone: 4:14am On Jul 12, 2015
aril:

Hmmm... seriously!

To think that the consular did not look through your passport to see a re-entery stamp into UK is one thing but for sure the consular must had seen a foul play on your passport that's why such decision was made.

If you google well you will see other folks who are in the same situation like yourself. Almost all of them admit to using cunning way to say they departed Uk and they re-entered back. Where you have been going for years is funny how you can just got banned without no cogent facts.

Smthing is not right!

Thanks for your concern, well they admitted to using cunning ways because they know they did. except you telling me to admit what i did not do. I maintain it was a human error on the part of the consular. My lawyer is handling it. i would hope they'll be humble enough to admit a mistake on their part.

21 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tpiander: 5:16am On Jul 12, 2015
if your lawyer is handling it then what advice do you need from here?

9 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by goryorhal(m): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
tpiander:
if your lawyer is handling it then what advice do you need from here?

Mr man if you don't have any meaningful thing to say please off your phone and sleep ...

70 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by dustydee: 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
Please do let us know the final outcome. The immigration officers are beginning to act funny these days. See if you can also be compensated assuming the seizure affected you negatively.

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by tociano009(m): 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
Fake visa is on your passport
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by eluquenson(m): 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
Your passport will be sent to Abuja Immigration office, act fast by getting a good lawyer or else you land in Kirikiri cos it happened to my friend's cousin whereby he had to pay up to 80k for destruction of the passport at immigration office.
He was alleged that the Ghana stamp on the passport was fake
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Elan83(m): 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
maka y kwan?
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by olola4(m): 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2015
contact the visa officer on the travel section...am sure he will be of help
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by shalomm: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
goryorhal:

Mr man if you don't have any meaningful thing to say please off your phone and sleep ...

but na true him yan na. are we all lawyers? abi you go dey ask mechanic how to treat cancer? Pls let us be reasonable and logical. God bless you and have a wonderful day.

2 Likes

Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by loomer: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lol
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by wisdomiskey(m): 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
OYO is your case undecided
Re: REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy by Spaxon(f): 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
ehyaa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Give Birth In Uk For Visitors,cost And Procedure / Anambra Int'l Airport: Passengers Picking Their Luggages From Carousel: Video / Aftermath Of Fire Incident At Apongbon, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.