Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. (1666 Views)

Any Man Who Thinks All Women Want From Men Is Money, Has Low Self Esteem. / Pics: Girls With Big Booties And Low Self Esteem / Only A Broke, Desperate, Low Self-esteem Guy Will Send Pm To A Nl Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 11, 2015
1]Know that negative thoughts are not the same as actual characteristics. These types of thoughts, feelings, physical signs, and behaviors are like “symptoms” of low self-esteem.
Recognizing the symptoms will help you know what thoughts, feelings, and behaviors to target for improvement.

2) Listen to your inner monologue. When many of the following thoughts occur, it’s like you’re hearing a voice inside your head. These thoughts are often automatic, almost like a reflex.
I’m too weak/not skilled enough/not smart enough.

I hope they don’t think I’m a jerk.

I’m too fat/thin/old/young/etc.

Everything is my fault.

My boss doesn’t like my report. I must be a total failure at my job.

Why try meeting new people? They won’t like me anyway.

Fights such thoughts with a very strong positive passion to succeed.

3) Pinpoint the way you feel about yourself. Feelings, like thoughts, often stem from an inner dialogue that does not accurately reflect the facts. Deal with these thoughts before they become fact.

4) Assess your behavior to see if your self-esteem is influencing your life. If you find that one or more of these behavioral statements apply to you, your self-esteem may be having a greater impact on the way that you live than you realize.

5) Identify your negative thoughts. Whether you realize it or not, your own thoughts in your head are trapping you inside the cycle of low self-esteem. To feel better, it’s productive to identify when these types of thoughts are happening, and find ways to overcome them. There are some typical negative self-statements you can become familiar with, so if you come across some of them, you can target them for elimination.

6) Don’t be a nagger, putter-downer, or a name-caller. Imagine you have a “friend” who is constantly by your side, and this friend constantly berates you. He or she calls you bad names, tells you that you are doing everything wrong, you’re not worth anything, you’ll never achieve anything, and you’re unlikable. Wouldn’t that get you down?

7) Avoid being a generalist. The generalist will take a mistake, an occasion where he or she did not perform to expectations or excel, or other things that go wrong and generalize it to their entire lives.
For example, if a person steps into a pothole, she might have these thoughts if she were generalizing: “Why do things like this always happen to me? I’m just cursed. I never have any goodluck they won't help rather they will make you feel very bad.
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Davijunson: 3:01am On Jul 11, 2015
aiit..noted
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Fantusi(m): 4:55am On Jul 11, 2015
U try.
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 11, 2015
Fantusi:
U try.

Hmmmmn thanks.
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 5:11am On Jul 11, 2015
Did you write this yourself?
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Cutehector(m): 6:08am On Jul 11, 2015
Take leadership roles....

Thank me lera
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by vislabraye(m): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2015
Good points.
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2015
vislabraye:
Good points.

Thanks.
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2015
Teempakguy:
Did you write this yourself?

Researched from Google.
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2015
Cutehector:

Thank me lera

Okay
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2015
Cutehector:

Thank me lera

Okay, Noted.
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by walanter(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
Am learning..... and dats gud
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Aspireahead(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
I stopped trying all these and told myself that is how nature made me...being shy is bad, being shy and having low self esteem kills....and I know what am saying..as I live with that feeling every day.... but unlike some other people..u can run to Nairaland and hide my inadequacy under my moniker.
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
walanter:
Am learning..... and dats gud

Good to know.
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice one op
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Sassybae:
Nice one op

Itz like you have big titz shocked
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Gurgle(f): 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ok
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Sassybae:
Nice one op

Thanks
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
Lalasticlala pls move this to front page
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by def111(m): 8:48am On Oct 14, 2015
hey girl. can u add me on bbm. 566DF6B0
Re: 7 Ways To Improve Low Self Esteem. by eyeon(m): 10:05am On Oct 14, 2015
I have some of these issues and it's troubling...
If you've got aid and time to give the aid... Help me your new friend... I need motivations. Whatsapp me please on 08134567718. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Eni The Ss3 School Girl Giving Her Boy Friend Mouth Action / Hello Ladies..you Wanna Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back? This Are How To Go About It. / Impossible! Corpses Caught Having Sex In Aba Morgue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.