Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims (59960 Views)

Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex / The Amount A Ghanaian Church And Pastor Charges For Miracles (Photos) / How Pastors Are Using Our Toddlers For Fake Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by OkutaNla: 11:24am On Jul 11, 2015

■ We’ll fish them out, CAN vows

BY ’TUNDE THOMAS

For allegedly using them to fake healing miracles for a fee and not paying, some young men have declared a manhunt for the General Overseer of New Creatures in Christ Mission Pastor Johnson Iteanuoluwa.

They are not only demanding for payments for the jobs done, they have reported the pastor to the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN to sanction the priest. About a fortnight ago, Saturday Sun’s reporter ran into two young men at Mowo bus stop in Igbogbo – Bayeku Local Council Development Area of Ikorodu, Lagos State, where they had gone in search of the pastor.

The weather was cloudy, and it soon started raining. Every­body including commuters who were waiting at the bus-stop ran for cover in different directions.

It was while waiting for the rain to subside that the reporter heard a conversation going between the two young men who obviously were angry and bitter with somebody. Trying to play the role of a pacifist, the reporter moved closer to the two men, urging them to take it easy.

But while still trying to calm them down, one of the young men burst out “If this pastor doesn’t show up here again today, I will rain curses upon him.”

At this juncture, our reporter took the bold step to ask what was amiss between them and the pastor whom they accused of giving them appointment for more than five times and failing to show up each time. Initially, they were hesitant to talk, then the one that looked older told the other man that it is better they narrate their story since it appeared that they have been conned by a man who called himself Minister of God.

Then the older of the duo who introduced himself as Femi said: “Oga, we don’t know what brought you here at this hour but it appeared God has destined our path to cross so that the whole world will know what happened to us. We are even happy when you introduced yourself as a pressman.

Continuing, Femi said: “This is the fifth time we will be coming here. A pastor brought us here for a crusade which took place on the open field of the primary school where we are taking shelter here now. It was around Easter time and Pastor Johnson promised me the sum of N20,000 at the end of the crusade.

“He told me that during the special prayer session that some people will bring me close to the altar, and that in the midst of the prayer that I will start mumbling words as if I am hearing people for the first time.

“I did exactly as he directed me as I cooperated with those people that he asked to take me closer to the altar. He also told me that I should tell the congregation that those people are my relations.”

Asked what eventually happened on the day of the crusade, Femi said: “I cooperated and did exactly what he asked me to do. There was even a rehearsal a day before in one of the houses of one of those closer to the pastor at a place called Elesin, very close to Mowo.”

Femi who claimed to be 32 years old however told Satur­day Sun that to his dismay, neither he nor four other people that gave different fake testimonies that they received healing during the crusade were given a dime.

“Since March, it has been one story or the other. At a time, the pastor told me that he couldn’t fulfill his promise because the return (money) he got at the crusade was below his expec­tations. However, I didn’t believe him. There were so many people at the crusade, and you can imagine the shame I felt inside myself when I have to tell the crowd that I was born deaf and dumb from my birth.”, he stated.

While lamenting that he had a feeling that he and the others had been used and dumped, Femi said: “I’ve learnt a bitter lesson. I have a feeling that we have been used and dumped because the pastor’s line hardly goes. At times, he used dif­ferent numbers to call us that we should come and meet him at Mowo, venue of the crusade, but he has not turned up for once. As for this other man, you are seeing with me here, I don’t know him before, I only saw him at the crusade when he gave testimony that he had been healed of lunacy of 10 years.”

Urging Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, to take steps to rid the association of bad eggs like Pastor Johnson,” Femi said “These are the kind of people giving bad name to Christianity. CAN should impose sanctions on them. I went in company of this man to CAN’s office in Surulere to meet with one Baba Atilade whom we were told is the leader of the Christian body but we were told he had travelled.”

Taken up on why he agreed to Pastor Johnson’s plan, Femi said: “It was temptation. I don’t have a job. A friend sug­gested the idea to me, and I thought that since it wasn’t rob­bery that I could do it to get some money. The person who directed me to the pastor, I met him at a cafeteria when I went to greet my brother who is living at Ladegbuwa Estate, close to Elesin.

“Actually, the person told me that I should go to the venue of the crusade adding that the organisers were looking for those that will work for them during the crusade.”

Femi who appeared sober told Saturday Sun that he has an Ordinary National Diploma Certificate in Business Adminis­tration, and that he is still looking for a job.

Taking over from where Femi stopped, Lukman who said he came all the way from Ijora-Oloye in Apapa area of Lagos to look for the pastor said he initially wanted to back out of the plot when he was told what was expected of him on the podium when he and three men purporting to be his family members came out.

According to him, the idea of claiming to be a lunatic was repulsive to him but he had to agree because he needed the N20,000 promised him badly.

Narrating his story, he said “I met an elderly man at my brother’s place at Ketu, this man who knew I was looking for a job said I should come to Mowo, that a church conducting a 7 days crusade was looking for workers.

“The man who asked me to go said that when I get to the crusade venue that I should ask for Pastor Johnson or Baba Jebidan (the pastor’s alias).”

Continuing, he said: “I don’t want to talk too much. I need my money. Even my brother and some relations have gone to a place in Alapere where the pastor claimed his church is located. He was disowned there, they just told them that there is an inter-denominational fellowship that used to hold there once in a month on an open field, but nobody knew him or could recollect somebody called Pastor Johnson.”

While asking God to intervene in his case, Lukman said: “I have wasted a lot of money coming to Mowo looking for the pastor who obviously has absconded, I want God to expose him. There is nothing I can do. I fell into the hands of 419 people and I’ve learnt my lesson. If I’m gainfully employed, I would not have been a victim of this devilish pastor.”

The two victims, Femi and Lukman, aged 32 and 25 re­spectively want Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, to help them get justice.

“We will like CAN to track down this pastor. His name is Pastor Johnson Iteanuoluwa, and his ministry, he called it New Creatures in Christ Mission,” they said.

When Saturday Sun took up the issue with the Chairman, Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, South-West, Arch­bishop Magnus Atilade, he said the Christian body is worried that CAN’s name is being dragged in the mud by some un­scrupulous elements parading themselves as pastors.

“The fellow who treated these two young men this way is not obviously a pastor. He is an agent of the devil. He is a fake. He is a criminal who should be made to face the music if caught,” Atilade declared.

While saying he couldn’t recollect the two victims visiting his office, the cleric said:

“There is no official record here with us indicating that the two young men came to my office. That not withstanding, it is very sad and painful the way they were treated. This so-called pastor will end up in hell. These two young men should come back and provide us information needed to nail this man. Even if they don’t want their identities to be known, we will protect their identities,” he promised.

Investigations by Saturday Sun in Mowo revealed that sev­eral religious organizations including churches and mosques organize programmes at Mowo School’s open field.

A resident, Alhaji Fatai Babajide, said “It is true that dif­ferent activities including church programmes used to take place on that field but how do we know genuine men of God from fake ones. I have seen those two men and some oth­er ones coming here to ask about Pastor Johnson and his church, but nobody knows how to trace him.

When Saturday Sun put a call across to Pastor Johnson, the line went through and he claimed to be holding a crusade in Akure in Ondo State promising to reply to the allegations by the two young men against him. Subsequent efforts to reach him have failed as he has switched off his GSM phone line.

Do you believe in miracles?… Nigerians react

Wale Ogunade, Lawyer

There are genuine and fake miracles. But miracle is real. Individual can experience divine miracles like surviving in an auto crash or plane crash where many people died.

But Nigerians should beware of fake miracles. Fake mira­cles are organized by some clerics to attract crowd to their crusades.

Some will claim to be cripples, deaf and dumb, and you see them suddenly jump out of wheel chair claiming that they have experienced divine miracle, but most of these are lies, Nigerians should beware.

Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, should do more in the area of public enlightenment to alert Nigerians about these merchants of fake miracles.

Even some members of CAN are involved, because where you have mushroom churches and owners claiming to be CAN members hiding under CAN and PFN umbrella to per­petrate evils, it is only God that can expose these mischievous elements claiming to be purveyors of Christ’s gospel.

Chima Emenuga, Cleric

Miracles are real. They have foundation in the Bible. Our Lord Jesus Christ when he was alive performed a lot of mira­cles.

But unfortunately today all manner of characters claiming to be men of God are claiming to be miracle performers.

Most of these people are fakes, They are not genuine serv­ants of Christ. Jesus Christ has also warned us that in the last days, many fake prophets will emerge claiming to be sent by God and performing miracles that are doctored. Nigerians should be vigilant so as not to be exploited by fakes.

Richard Akinnola, Activist

Miracles are real, like during the times of Moses in the Bible, there were fake miracles and real ones.

What Nigerians should try to have is discerning spirit so that they won’t fall into the hands of fake prophets.

Dipo Olawale, Businessman

I found it difficult to believe that we still have what is known as miracles in our world of today. Miracles has been bastardised. All manner of prophets have emerged claim­ing to be capable of performing signs and wonders, but how many of these miracles are divinely inspired?

Tunji Adesunkanmi, Lawyer/Labour Leader

Miracle? Well, I have my doubts as to whether all those purporting to be miracles are genuine miracles indeed.

Nigerians should be vigilant and strive to have discerning spirits.

Ejike Ikonte, Businessman

Miracles is real. I believe in miracles. But the Bible has warned us that we should beware of the events of last days, that in the last days, that strange things will be happening, and that is why we are having fake miracles all over the place.

It is annoying that fake prophets are now all over the place claiming to be performing miracles. They are duping inno­cent Nigerians, CAN should do something about it.

Bolanle Gbonigi, Cleric

People who said they don’t believe in miracles are being deceived by satan.

Miracles take place every second in a man’s life. Our lives are full of miracles.

It is true that in some cases miracles has been misused or some men of God had deceived people that they are perform­ing miracles which are not real. These are cursed prophets – God still perform miracles through genuine men of God but Nigerians have be careful of evil men pretending to be ministers of God.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/how-our-pastor-used-us-to-fake-miracles-victims/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 11, 2015
This is so funny. On the flip side, there's so much hunger in Nigeria but way more lazy people. The next thing for some quick change is what most of us are after and sure there'll be fraudsters like this pastor who will meet their needs. what a shame! Rather than figure out how to meet genuine needs of others, Nigerian graduates use lack of employment for engaging in scams and wayward means of livelihood that'll leave you dumbfounded. Imagine the gibberish "If I’m gainfully employed, I would not have been a victim of this devilish pastor.” Be waiting, i have already created a job, ill employ you soon.

Last bullet: Pastor and church worshipers be careful...hungry jobless members go get busy and stop lying to yourselves.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Dokitadotun: 11:27am On Jul 11, 2015
This is the type of news they like to publish. I have personally experienced divine healing. Fake surely exists

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by mrvitalis(m): 11:29am On Jul 11, 2015
religion is indeed the opium of the masses

24 Likes

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Rich4god(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2015
No comment....

1 Like

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2015
yellowbars will stop at nothing just to be called General overseer,abeg,watin them dey see self...him too need private jet... Before you comment,pls dont believe everything you read online..

8 Likes

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by iphanyiuma(m): 11:33am On Jul 11, 2015
many are called but few are chosen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Richie0974: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
What shall we not see in Naija....evbdy trying to make money one way or anoda

1 Like

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Bonapart(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fake pastors fast gaining grounds
End is here

2 Likes

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by 400billionman: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
Sign in

1 Like

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by catalanscrew(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
Six to comment will soon make it.... ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​ℓσℓz•ː̗̀=Dː̖́•‎​​​​​
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by nwakaibeya1: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Jeremiah 12:10,Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.DO HUMAN BEIGNS REALLY LIKE TO HEAR THE TRUTH?::::: authority has come back to the earth,BEHOLD we are not begging human beigns to accept our truth and revelation and that is why we have told them,this is power as of old , that go and sin no more power of REAL Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns , so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us?dont forget this that many are pretenders INFACT THEY are pretenders who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his , pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the HIDDEN mystery OF HUMANBEIGNS ?you that think that you are wise?many human beigns like to stand at the gate of heaven ,enter they will never enter ,also allow others to enter they will never allow others to enter so you must think humanbeigns:we are speaking by the power that is unbelievable to human beigns *this is typical of all our truth and revelation and explanations about the night people ,the rich people and evil marine and occult world and those whom human beings believe in them so much that they were called by God or where made rich by God who are in existence today as being powerful and others as the descendants of the prophets and priests referred to here in the bible @#### Jeremiah 5,25, Your wrongdoings have kept God away;your sins have deprived you of good and peace and night sleep.26 “Among my people are the wicked,who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch people.27 Like cages full of birds,their houses are full of deceit;they have become rich and powerful,28 and have grown fat and sleek.Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not seek Gods justice and secular.They do not promote the case of the fatherless;they do not defend the just cause of the poor even when they do its for their own selfish reason unknowingly to the those benefiting from them?.29 Should I not punish them for this?”declares the Lord.“Should I not avenge myself.on such a nation as this?30 “A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land,31 The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority,and my people love it this way.But what will you do in the end?is it not those we call CHAMELEONS Let this phrase as follows sink in you and we repeat that we keep telling you human beigns about them that are being referred to in those passages by God himself hence judgement has come again or cant you see the judgment is all over the place even though the worst judgement is happening spiritually now but because those being judged are pretenders we repeat who will rather die that accept defeat just like Pharoah of bible time who preferred to sink in the ocean than accept defeat from moses even though pharoah knew the truth just like may evil people who read us knows our truth and revelation and many of his pharoahs descendants are still in existence today so you that is ignorant and blind spiritually will not know but we know by the reason of the light and the mantle and the power that be and that is why we reveal the mystery ?you that think that you are wise?this is words of authority and power from real Jesus CHRIST, that we declare and they are spirits,who can battle with the God of justice,he that made the spiritual laws?we are not begging human beigns to accept the truth and thats why we have told them this is power as of Jesus Christ which is unbelievable to human beigns so cant you see that we are wiser than you that criticize us BUT AS USUAL ONLY TIME WILL TELL WHO IS GENUINE OR NOT?DO NOT SAY YOU WHERE NOT TOLD THAT KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS COME AND JUDGEMENT HAS COME BACK TO THE EARTH:YOU ARE PERMITTED TO INVESTIGATE BUT HOW WOULD YOU INVESTIGATE WHEN YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY BLIND?JEREMIAH 5,21-22

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Vikkie14: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Firstly, THERE ARE MIRACLES and THERE ARE MIRACLES.

Secondly, FAKE miracles are more rampant than REAL/GENUINE Miracles as there are more Child-Of-Satan Pastors/Bishop/Elders/Prophets than the Child-Of-God Pastors/Prophets.

With all the stated statements above, i have come to the conclusion that there are two types of Men-Of-God.
1. The "BELLY-CALLED" Man-of-God
2. The "GOD-CALLED" Man-Of-God

If you are God-called MOG, you are safe. If you are Belly-called MOg, there are two things involved.
It's either you are shamed here on earth or you get lost forever in eternity.
If you are shamed here on earth, you are safe. If you get lost forever in eternity, there are two things involved....................................

1 Like

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by ibkgab001: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Losan awee
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by DjAndroid: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
The pastor name get as e be. Iteanuoluwa. In Igbo it means: Iteanu = pot of meat.
Oluwa = God.
Iteanuoluwa = God's pot of meat.

Therefore, the Pastor na end time pastor!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by akpumping7720(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
End time Pastors!!!
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Most miracle healing centers uses the same tactics
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Chillinmasoul(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
sad shocked na me go read this?
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by kingsleyuk2003(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
angry
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by vizkiz: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
they will never learn. All of these mofos searching for miracle workers undecided
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by jamex93(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
Too bad

Wat a pity

End time tinz
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by millionboi(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
That's wat u get,wen u strt lookin 4wat is nt missin
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by lazsnaira(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
K
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by absoluteSuccess: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
GREAT MANMADE ARRANGEE MIRACLE
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by tintingz(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
Pastors and their business center called church.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by reaky(m): 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hahahahaha

grin grin

God's pot of meat

For the love of God I dint read those

2 Likes

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by toluxa1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Truth be told, this is a common trend. In these days of drastic unemployment some people start churches because no job. Just a mess

https://www.nairaland.com/2337074/new-audiobeats-rugby-design-wireless

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by jcross19: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Joblessness is a virus. If God no call me , I go call my self. A lucrative job that's what they have turned church to.

1 Like

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by gbaskiboy: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Pastor who healed lunatic man in Ketu should be query, am sure the man he healed will have similar story to share.....

False religion on the Prowl

2 Likes

Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by Christianwalase: 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Miracle drama
Re: How Our Pastor Used Us To Fake Miracles – Victims by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
BRB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rev. Sister Henrietta Alokha Buried (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Tithe Against Poverty (TAP) Challenge: Lady Gives One Million Naira / 2000-Year-Old Ritual Bath Found In Gethsemane Where Jesus Spent Final Night (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.