Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,201 members, 7,807,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience (30876 Views)

Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate / 350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD / #50,000 Job In Ibadan And #100,000 Job In Lagos, Which Is Better ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Remilekun101: 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
angry
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Nicepoker(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
Menace2Society:
I'm my own boss grin
society menace. U are one of nija's problems lolsssss.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Smhart1(f): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
All I can do is laugh out loud.... It is well my brother
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by eleko1: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
sad all dis amount to slavery work.I am not sure they'll give U the truck after sweating it out for 3 yrs.The useless company are even looking for who they'll transfer to distribute Cement to Borno,Yobe embarassed sad •Dnt dey have hausa driver(s)to do dat stuff sad?God pass Dem

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by 400billionman: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
Well,life itself is a risk...

Yes, life is a risk anywhere one may be but not like on the highway..
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by 9jatatafo(m): 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
SCAM everywhere. This is open scam by D for Dangote Group. Slavery!!! In the town called FREETOWN there is no FREE COASTAL BiSCUIT
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Abduletudaye(m): 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Its terrible...i mean, this is totally dispicable and this Aliko man feels he is doing us a favor. This is outright slavery. Haba! angry angry angry
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by charsobodo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
What nonsense, there is nothing jobless graduates won't see in this country...God pls change our story.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
grandstar:
Free the man! Is he the Red Cross? Is it his business to create jobs?

The government is the one that you should attack and not him!

It is the duty of the government to prove the enabling environment where the private sector can thrive and create plenty of jobs.

If government simply brings down lending rate to single digits i.e less than 10%, there will be an investment boom.

It will be cheap fo people to borrow and buy properties. Industrialist will borrow and set up factories. Miners will be able to borrow and buy massive machinery to mine big time. All these investments will create jobs.

PHCN is not the country's major Achilles heel. Its the cost of borrowing. Its too high.

Bros my aim is not to attack the man, and no where in my post did I attack his personality. I only opened this thread to bring to light what was going on and to advice others not to fall victim of traveling that far.
Dangote as far has I know has contributed his own quota to the development of the nation, so am not blaming him for the failures of our govt.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Toktee(m): 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Sometimes i do wondered why God allowed unbeleivers to prosper while the beleivers sufferred and die,why?
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by kennynelcon(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
The present truck drivers are reckless.

They should relocate or change that elevator at Alfred rewane road it's scary.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by gidjah(m): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
cool this is cruelty at its peak, so that was there aim , 21st century SLAVERY!! laughing in 3Dmode!! ;Dthis is cruelty at its peak, so that was there aim , 21st century SLAVERY!! laughing in 3Dmode!!
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by grandstar(m): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
tunery004:

Bros my aim is not to attack the man, and no where in my post did I attack his personality. I only opened this thread to bring to light what was going on and to advice others not to fall victim of traveling that far.
Dangote as far has I know has contributed his own quota to the development of the nation, so am not blaming him for the failures of our govt.

Thanks for the above clarification.

Why the Dangote's can get away with such is the due to the high rate of unemployment and underemployment.

If jobs were surplus, Dangote would treat potential workers better in order not to lose them. Its an employer's market and hence workers subjugation.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by bfire(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
How long has he been doing this trailer truck/driver thing?

It's all a scam to defraud the FG.

He was going to use this to ask for import waiver.

The waiver that NOI gives arbitrarily and costs Nigeria TRILLIONS of Naira.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by gidjah(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Toktee:
Sometimes i do wondered why God allowed unbelievers to prosper while the believers suffered and die,why?
my bro, that is gd question o, but may be you can take that to the religious section,Gods principle works with laws,if an unbeliever obeys it, and stay with it diligently, it will work for him, if a believer practices the covenant law and stay diligently with it , it will show in his life too, there's no special law for the saints and non saved, except that they might never make heaven if.....

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by carpenter(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
This is to say thank you to the poster. This is a very selfless duty and gives an expo to anyone that is/was interested in this job. I am not interested because I have something better but if i did not, I will give it a try. This is way better than staying at home and complaining about no job. Opportunities present themselves in several ways and I see this as one albeit not for me. The conditions are tough but you already know what they are...are you a Dangote Man! Let the game begin.

Good job poster!
tunery004:
The Dangote group of company earlier this year announced that they will be providing 28,000 jobs for graduate all over the nation. This brought smiles to the face of a lot of unemployed graduates and some even went into praying and fasting, soaking their CV's in annoiting oil and more.

Late May 2015 the vacancies were trending on every job site that Dangote is about employing Truck Officers. According to Mr. Carlos the man in charge of the recruitment about 21,000 applications was received in 3 weeks and out of those applications a few were selected of which I happen to be one. Reading through the job requirements and specifications, it was said that the company was in need of graduates who will become truck owners after they have managed, supervise, and take care of the truck, its drivers and the goods until it had travelled 400,000km

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by toluxa1(m): 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2015

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by hyperflex(m): 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
I can bet its the Indians in his companies that know how to maximise labour that gave this advice at their board meeting. Well if it suits you then apply by all means and if u feel ur beyond it then follow ur heart. I know one thing for sure that at some point when ur on the job u may be forced to question the motive for taking the job. Hopefully ur salary wld be a respite.

Plus all these is the last thing on Dangote's mind lol.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by ModiKen(m): 3:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
ShakurM:
First of all, I can only commend what my role model ,Aliko Dangote is doing, he's doing what the government is failing and has failed to do.
I did my research, with an estimated salary around 200k - 300k and sole owner of the truck after covering 400,000kmh. Don't u dare think the job is below standard! because you have a Masters degree in such n such.To a smart graduate, an opportunity. Swallow ur pride.

Better to work than steal as there is dignity in labour.

I built a conglomerate and emerged the richest black man in the world in 2008 but it didn’t happen overnight. It took me thirty years to get to where I am today. Youths of today aspire to be like me but they want to achieve it overnight. It’s not going to work. To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big. In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme.” - Alhaji Aliko Dangote

I do agree with his statement of starting small and dreaming big.

But from thr op's explanation, its complete slavery.

Every sensible bachelor or masters degree holder wont think twice before say NO to such a job offer.

I blame the past govt who have made such a mess of our countries. If the countey was wrking as it shld; our industries wrking at full capacity, Dangote won't have the guts to be looking for graduates to drive his trucks.

Smh angry

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by TheLaughter: 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
I have something doing but would have taken this opportunity if they had called me. Imagine I applied 3 good times with big grammar but they didn't call me.
I don't know if it was the big grammar that scared them or my State of residence which is in Owerri... Imo State.

In all, na GOD WIN...

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by eleko1: 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
You are a God.God wish for U is to prosper,healthy and abundance.Seek,U'll find..
Toktee:
Sometimes i do wondered why God allowed unbeleivers to prosper while the beleivers sufferred and die,why?
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
grandstar:

Thanks for the above clarification.

Why the Dangote's can get away with such is the due to the high rate of unemployment and underemployment.

If jobs were surplus, Dangote would treat potential workers better in order not to lose them. Its an employer's market and hence workers subjugation.

You are very correct sir.
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by dada01(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2015
if it were me i would accept the offer. atleast agood way to start up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by carpenter(m): 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
Toktee:

That's because He is fair...it is about what you put in most times with a few exceptions (His Grace).

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by 400billionman: 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
ShakurM:
First of all, I can only commend what my role model ,Aliko Dangote is doing, he's doing what the government is failing and has failed to do.
I did my research, with an estimated salary around 200k - 300k and sole owner of the truck after covering 400,000kmh. Don't u dare think the job is below standard! because you have a Masters degree in such n such.To a smart graduate, an opportunity. Swallow ur pride.

I built a conglomerate and emerged the richest black man in the world in 2008 but it didn’t happen overnight. It took me thirty years to get to where I am today. Youths of today aspire to be like me but they want to achieve it overnight. It’s not going to work. To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big. In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme.” - Alhaji Aliko Dangote

Did anyone in Dangote Human Resources tell you that the transport officers will be paid N200 - N300 k per month or you saw it in your dreams ?

For those who have no experience in transportation and logistics, for a vehicle called tokunboh, its active live span on highway transportation is 9 months. For brand new vehicles, its 3years. That's when the vehicle won't be breaking down often on the highways.

That's why 90% of drivers who sign a HIRE PURCHASE agreement can never fulfill it. Its a cycle of business deceit.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by moshould(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
The monopolist that serves as a capital deposit for the corrupt nigerian leaders, he is celebrated for creating jobs but if u study d ecoonomy verywell, u'll be disappointed to know that d government, tru dangote has subjected us to compulsory dependant on particular commodity because of monopoly and corruption...

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
ShakurM:

Bros abeg where u get that fact that says one would be paid 200k, I swear na wash. The salary is just a stipend not more than 60k although we were not authoritatively told but one can deduce that from their body language. Well, that's ur opinion sha and u are entitled to it. But if u get to obajana today and hear for yourself what the job entails am sure that opinion will change
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by Lyndylove: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
That's exploitation of poor unemployed graduates. Even if they have to initiate such a stiff arrangement, they should have been kind enough to include the details in the advertisement so that applicants will know what they're in for.

COMING SOON!
THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!
JULY 15TH!!!
[Music] LYNDY _ MY HERO [A TRIBUTE TO DR
GOODLUCK JONATHAN]
My hero is a tribute to Dr Goodluck Jonathan
appreciating his achievements and efforts
towards making Nigeria great, for being a true
democrat and for preserving our peace and
unity.
IT DROPS ON JULY 15TH!!!
YOU DON'T WANNA MISS THIS!!!
Follow on twitter: @ Lyndymk
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tunery004(m): 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
400billionman:

Did anyone in Dangote Human Resources tell you that the transport officers will be paid N200 - N300 k per.month or you saw it in your dreams ?

For those who have no experience in transportation and logistics, for a vehicle called tokunboh, its active live span on highway transportation is 9 months. For brand new vehicles, its 3years. That's when the vehicle won't be breaking down often on the highways.

That's why 90% of drivers who sign a HIRE PURCHASE agreement can never fulfill it. Its a cycle of business deceit.

God bless u my brother, u are so spot on. Na gbese u would be carrying about. Its a win lose situation. One would never get the truck, and if u ever get it, it would be in a terrible condition.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by tsdarkside(m): 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by ERF: 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
Toktee:

Prov 22:29..

Seest thou a MAN diligent in his business, he shall stand before kings. . .

Now note it was not "Seest thou a BELIEVER," or "Seest thou a Godly/Godfearing man"
Re: Dangote 28,000 Job Creation. My Experience by oluamid(m): 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
ShakurM:

And when peradventure you are involved in an accident while on the way to supply cement without any insurance cover to pay for your hospital bills or even to settle your family in case of a fatality, where will all the 'dreaming big' get you?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Find Attached My Resume: The Right Way To Say It / SBC (Seven-up Bottling Company) Graduate Trainee Interview Session / SIWES: Who Else Got This Invitation From NLNG?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.