Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,390 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures (59429 Views)

Made-In-Aba Products Being Carried Into The Presidential Villa (Photos) / Buhari Returns, Lands In Kaduna, Choppered To Presidential Villa / Aso Rock Presidential Villa (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Codedrock(m): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2015

ABOUT ASO-VILLA

Aso Rock Presidential Villa is the Nigerian Presidential Complex which houses the residence and office of the Nigerian President. It is variously called Aso Villa, The Villa, Aso Rock and State House.

The Aso Villa is located in the three arms zone in the Central Business District of Abuja. The National Assembly Complex and the Nigerian Supreme Court are also located in the three arms zone.
The Presidential Villa is built on the valley of the geographical feature, Aso rock. The villa is named after this geographical outcrop, Aso rock.
The palatial residence was completed in 1991, the same year the military junta of Ibrahim Babangida relocated the national capital from Lagos to Abuja. Aso Villa encompasses the 400 meter monolith Aso Rock, located within the Three Arms Zone of Abuja metropolis. Aso Villa has had the following occupants as Presidents;

Ibrahim Babangida
Sani Abacha
Abdulsalam Abubakar
Olusegun Obasanjo
Umaru Musa Yar’ adua
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
Muhammadu Buhari (Current President)

A new occupant in the person of Muhammadu Buhari came in on the 29th of May 2015. Buhari recently appointed a transition committee to ensure smooth take-over of the government.

ABOUT ASO ROCK ITSELF.

Aso Rock is a large outcrop that is on the outskirts of Abuja, the capital of Nigeria. The Aso Rock is a 400-metre monolith and is the city's most noticeable feature. The Nigerian Presidential Complex, Nigerian National Assembly, and Nigerian Supreme Court are located around it. Much of the town extends to the south of the rock. "Aso" means victorious in the native language of the (now displaced) Asokoro ("the people of victory"wink.
Aso Rock was the site of the 2003 Aso Rock Declaration, issued by Heads of Government of the Commonwealth during the CHOGM held in Abuja. It reaffirmed the Commonwealth's principles as detailed under the Harare Declaration, but set the 'promotion of democracy and development' as the organisation's priorities.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-lYbCRmA1_mk/VZ4Tg9v2oMI/AAAAAAAAA0A/gK_TH7JoXsw/s640/5791863191_68d01c3b13_b.jpg[/img]

PICTURES OF ASO-VILLA

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1843399_asobanquetgarden_jpeg82f0be71a7cd67d8451f626b1a73e544

[img]http://1.bp..com/-YPf6YsXVk_E/VWhj8hpwsRI/AAAAAAABb-g/q9bnZCK3XPo/s640/9.jpg[/img]

INSIDE:

Sorry we are not providing real pictures of inside Aso-Villa. The reason is the Federal Government doesn't permit guests for Tourism visits like other counties we could have visit and get some real captures from inside the villa, so the pictures you'll be seeing are the ones captured of the president and federal officials inside Aso Villa. -

[img]http://2.bp..com/-nqjlRMl66aU/UVZL8ggLiPI/AAAAAAAACgE/RKBYQsKeDl0/s640/gd7.PNG[/img]

WELL, T.I.N MAGAZINE PLANS TO VISIT ASO VILLA SOONER OR LATER TO GET REAL TIME AND GOOD PICTURES OF THE NIGERIA PRESIDENTIAL VILLA.

SOURCE: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2015/07/about-aso-rock-presidential-villa.html

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Welrez(m): 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice
What type of pampers do Buhari wears?
sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by braimeddy: 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice

I really missed GEJ and DAME

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by onosprince(m): 1:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by toluxa1(m): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Psalmmie001(m): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Cool
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
Okay observed... Getting ready to occupy

1 Like

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Amagmilton(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
Front page things, nna lekwa nu ifeanyi oo.

1 Like

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by datola: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Aso Rock: Symbol of corruption and oppression!
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by WukedP(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
It's fine, where is the cow department?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Lordave: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Very soon cows will become residents of Aso Rock too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Mayor21(m): 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Is that korede Bello?

4 Likes

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by mcomooba(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
D next president to occupy that space is loading................OYEDOKUN OLANREWAJU GCFR..............
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by timilehing(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
Just as the op said, all I see are pictures of the rock & 3 other places inside the Aso Rock (maybe)
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by kestolove95(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
look at dat foool called okupe grin
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Aspireahead(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
it will make a lotta of sense of the present administration open the lace up for tourist visits, even just part of it.

1 Like

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
m
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by oluwasunshine(f): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
shawwal1
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by OCTAVO: 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Oh.
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by emmalexabl(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2015
IF NIGERIAN PRESIDENTIAL COMPLEX LOOK THIS BEAUTIFUL.,THEN THAT OF WESTERN GERMANY WOULD BE HEAVEN ON EARTH !!
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by usy309(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
Villa ne....I dey come 2027......To governe my Country naija...who will be my VP. I PREFERRED A WOMAN FROM IGBO COMMUNITY
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by onoms4luv(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice one
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by dave2meek(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ok
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by 400billionman: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
I will dwell in Aso rock someday..

3 Likes

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by drlaykay(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
The story I intend to read (maybe na rumor sef) is detailed history of how Babangida intelligently put down the blue print and every contractor who understands the in and out were executed. sad grin

2 Likes

Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by jane0000(f): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2015
Wow These is beautiful. But some people say No vacancy for Buhari at Aso Villa
Re: About Aso Rock Presidential Villa History And Pictures by allanphash7(m): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
As a citizen can i go there to visit th oresiden ? = NO

Can i go there to snap pinshure ? = No

Can we go for a protest and someone come out to address us without being teargased ?= No

So therefore i dont need to know anything about dis fvucking country

Those who own Nigeria knows themselve am not among

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eagle Farms And Cattle Ranch In Anambra: The Easiest Way To Stop Fulani Herdsmen / 2 Soldiers Dropped Their Guns & Knelt Down To Pray (Photo) / Port Harcourt Shuts Down For Peter Obi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.