Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? (45130 Views)

Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React / Do You Know That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ Demonic? Here's Why! / Absolutely Shocking News About the NIV Bible! All Must Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
doofanc:

And where do you get the original hebrew text from?
get E-sword
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by christaddicted: 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2015
THE NIV WAHALA!

I have had to address privately questions bordering on the NIV and the name of Jesus. Some of the inquiries are through my inbox while others are direct.

I didn't consider it worth troubling myself about but since the faith of many is being rattled I'm obligated to talk. FIRST, let me say that I've used NIV all my life and find it very good. I also find it worrisome that those calling it names demand that it be torn or burnt. NEXT, let me say that the Bible does not warn only against removals from but also additions to the Bible. Having said that, the critics have not proven to us that the KJV with which they judge the other versions is not an addition to the word of God.

THIRD, the criticisms assume the KJV is the original bible. That is not so. The KJV like the NIV and other versions, is a translation from the original manuscripts which are in Hebrew, Greek and aramaic. To verify the accuracy of any version therefore will require comparison with the original manuscripts and not other versions. To do this one has to not only be versatile with the original languages but also the science of translation known as TEXTUAL CRITICISM.

I happen to be introduced to elementary knowledge of textual criticism while doing a masters degree in theology at the evangel theological seminary Jos. I can tell you that I've not yet found any reason to rate the NIV anything less than the best scholarly work on translation of the bible.

I know that ZONDERVAN is nothing but a printing press. It is not responsible for the translation of the Bible. It also has published many other sound Christian literature as well as many ungodly ones. NIV was a work done in 1964/65. From the claims of the critics Zondervan was bought over in 1998, 34yrs later. How can that nullify the accuracy of the NIV. AGAIN, I observed that all the "missing" texts are footnoted by the translators.

FINALLY, I have been around for sometime in this race. This is not the first time it's coming. it wont be the last. I think that this is an attack on the Bible. The devil does not want the Bible in the people's language. He fought it at the beginning killing Tyndale and co for translating the bible from the vulgate (the Latin version by Jerome) to English. NIV employed the principle of dynamic equivalent in translation which simplifies the language without losing the force of the truth as in the paraphrases. The KJV is the product of literal translation and is limited to the Masoretic texts of the Bible.

My take is own as versions as you can afford and use the one that best guarantees the understanding of the truths therein.

This is not exhaustive but I hope it can give you peace in these perilous times. God bless you all and keep you blameless until his coming day.

Bishop cnc

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by plaetton: 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ishilove wink,
One thing that is very obvious from all this brauhaha is that bible is a book of forgery, one or each Version attempting to be a better forgery than the previous Versions.

Pray tell, howbeit that a holy book supposedly inspired and dictated by a perfect god have so many conflicting VERSIONS and EDITIONS?

Who is competent to Correct God?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by haftob(m): 9:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
If u read the original bible transcripts written in Aramyc,u'll become a muslim. But it's nt easy to come across these transcripts as they are stocked in the vatican library and nt available to just anybody as it's very confidential because of the contents.

3 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by zyzxx(m): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
I guess they av missed it like balam who missed it wen he saw d money balak wanted to give him

if @ all it truth
that those not change d fact about the word of God
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
See my reply on this here

https://www.nairaland.com/2435676/absolute-shocking-news-niv-bible#35629541

It will help u. No need to fear.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by doofanc: 12:18am On Jul 12, 2015
sportsmaster:

get E-sword

huh?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by architez: 7:18am On Jul 12, 2015
Ishilove:

Then seek knowledge to clear the confusion.

OP Ishilove, I think people who argue the minutiae of every word in the bible probably don't understand how the bible came about.

Many of these things were finally put down on paper after decades or even centuries of being passed on by word of mouth. We all know what happens when stories are passed from person to person by word of mouth.

I believe Christianity is a spiritual affair. The important thing is that u have the spirit of Christ in u. Once that is accomplisned, the exact wording of the bible or any other book becomes of quite secondary importance.

Ishi, forgive me but
there is this raging thread I'd like u to comment on. We are trying to determine what should be the parameters of a consent age in 9ja (and wether there should even be a consent age at all):

https://www.nairaland.com/2439827/age-consent-sex-what-want

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 12, 2015
Make una shut up with all these NIV anti Christ bullshiit

SSN is also anti Christ then
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by manutdadex(m): 7:29am On Jul 12, 2015
abegi
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Bonapart(m): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2015
Stick to KJV
dnt know where you people got the rest from

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 12, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Simple, just 3steps...
1) learn and understand the Hebrew language,for the Bible was originally written in Hebrew.
2) Get the original Bible,untranslated and read the whole from word to word.
3) Before venturing into 1 & 2,pray for the SPIRIT's guidance and divine understanding and interpretation of His word.
GBAM!!! Thats all....
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Mortiano(m): 7:34am On Jul 12, 2015
today is my birthday, nairaland is my family, I need like 1000 likes today. God bless u, as u like dis post today

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by luthorcorp: 7:36am On Jul 12, 2015
well i believe in the term that "in every non-sence there is a sense",,,, so thats the way it is
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Bonapart(m): 7:36am On Jul 12, 2015
herald9:
The Bible, like any other book written by man is subject to reviews and manipulations. Not surprise.
shut up! !
So have no point so just shut up

I mean you should shut up
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 12, 2015
@ Ishilove
E.A Adeboye only uses KJV in his messages, open heaven and sunday school manuals. Just thought I should point that out. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:38am On Jul 12, 2015
Team Old King James Version. I love the "thou", "thus", "whence", etc.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by falaxy(m): 7:41am On Jul 12, 2015
Sir you could also add this, and let's stop helping evil people propagate nonsense about the scripture, NIV is authentic

HERE IS AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE FROM NIV BIBLE PUBLISHERS! PLEASE REBROADCAST AS WIDE AS POSSIBLE TO SHAME THE DEVIL!!!

Dear Samuel,

Thank you for checking on this before forwarding such false and misleading statements. It is good to see a Christian who uses their mind before simply believing such nonsense.

These statements are false and silly and promoted either by those who don't know any better or who are intentionally trying to mislead. They have been promoted by some people for the last 40 years or so, but were refuted by good conservative scholars from the very beginning.

First, the NIV does not remove ANY verses. Instead, like all good Bible translations, the NIV omits statements that were added later and WERE NOT PART OF THE ORIGINAL TEXT. When the KJV was translated, the translators had only a few manuscripts of the New Testament available to them and these were very late (mostly from the Middle Ages). We now have hundreds of earlier and more reliable manuscripts. Scholars today recognize that we have a Greek text today that is much closer to the original than the KJV translators had available to them. So all modern versions (except the NKJV) use these older manuscripts. Even the NKJV puts the better readings in the footnotes (look for the abbreviation NU, which refers to the earlier and better manuscripts).

Remember that the original books of the Bible had no chapter or verse divisions. These were added later. So to say that there are "verses" missing is wrong. What are "missing" are phrases or sentences that were added by later scribes and were not part of the original text. The NIV, like all modern versions, seeks to preserve what was originally there. Read the Preface to the NIV and some of this is explained.

As far as the homosexual statement is concerned, this is simply false. None of the translators of the NIV were homosexuals (or Satanists!). All were conservative evangelical Christians fully committed to the inspiration and inerrancy of the text. For the names of the present and past committee members, see

http://www.biblica.com/en-us/the-niv-bible/meet-the-translators/
http://www.bible-researcher.com/niv-translators.html

Just check passages on homosexuality in the NIV and you will see that the NIV is not "soft" on homosexuality. Here are the main passages:

Lev. 18:22 “ ‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Lev. 20:13 “ ‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Rom. 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1Cor. 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1Tim. 1:9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

So you see, these accusations are false and slanderous. It is a shame that many Christians are out to attack others rather than to promote the good news.

Thanks again for your question.

Blessings,

Mark Strauss

7 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by gidimasters(m): 7:41am On Jul 12, 2015
visit www.gidimasters.com for health news
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by speaktome(m): 7:42am On Jul 12, 2015
@Ishilove,

W F Kumuyi don't use NIV as mentioned in the post. Its KJV we uses.

Take Note!!

Ok its Kumuiyi you are reffering to not my Pastor W F Kumuyi

Back to my business Any way

#My Signature#
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ghettodreamz(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2015
I really don't see this as a tangible or valuable topic to be discussed, except if the sole purpose of this thread is to pull traffic. Like someone rightly posted, being a Christian is a spiritual affair; and as such having a personal relationship with God is what matter most. If you like know the full content of the original 'Bible' from A-Z that won't guarantee you a ticket to Heaven.

I think you people should stop worrying yourselves unnecessarily on trivial, which might led to further confusions in the body of Christ or confuse your faith and stance in Christ Jesus. A thread like this will not do us any good, other than create confusions that are not necessary in the first instance, and could be used as an avenue or ground to mock Christianity and/or Christ - our savior by the unbelievers or atheists.

As usual, expects the atheists and enemies of God to storm this thread soon. undecided I pray the Lord opens their eyes and save their souls from destructions; for it is not by our own power nor by the level of our faiths or the works of our faith that we are saved but by his redemptive work of the salvation of our souls on the cross of Calvary, that he sent his only begotten son to die for our sins.

Beloved, remain blessed in the love of Christ, Happy Sabbath.

6 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by GodMode: 7:44am On Jul 12, 2015
Ishilove:
I came across this thread that left me alarmed and sweating because the NIV is my favourite translation

the book is a story book... its meaningless..

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Kosemanism: 7:45am On Jul 12, 2015
Hmm, mention any version, no bible is a "complete" word of God. The only complete word of God is Qur'an. No version, no alteration. Take it/leave it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by delishpot: 7:45am On Jul 12, 2015
Yes.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by davide470(m): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2015
Funny what we call Scriptures this days especially most of the New Testaments were just Letters to the Churches. The Apostles had just the "Old Testaments", but they shook their world.

The Letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth Life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by dennismukoro(m): 7:49am On Jul 12, 2015
WHAT DID ADAM AND EVE ATE IN THE GARDEN OR EDEN? embarassed embarassed This question is causing argument.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2015
Shebi na harper collins dey publish kjv so wats the biggie. To say my viewpoint i'll say dat everyone should pick any bible dat suits him/her better, they're all translations of the bible
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by dennismukoro(m): 7:52am On Jul 12, 2015
HOW MANY DAYS DID GOD CREATED HEAVEN AND EARTH? BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAID A THOUSAND DAY FOR MAN IS LIKE A DAY BEFORE GOD?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ifeoluwa237(m): 7:52am On Jul 12, 2015
Lollllllll. Those verses are in NIV. Just check d down part of d Bible trust me u will see it there. And moreover d reason why it is written in the down part of the version is because the writer of d version does not agree with does verses
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Cholls(m): 7:54am On Jul 12, 2015
my brothers and sisters help me check the NIV. I fit go church today and why?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If you desire Long life And Prosperity, Just Do This. / TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage / CAN Mourns TB Joshua 72 Hours After Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.