Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,525 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Most Overated Player In The Premier League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Most Overated Player In The Premier League (7404 Views)

Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Most Complete Player In The Planet? / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 / Alex Ferguson & Ryan Giggs Named Best Manager & Player In EPL History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2009
I know this has been done before but every couple of months we all change opinion, my 3 most overated players in the prem at this time in order are.

1, Abonglahor… probably my most overrated player of all time.

2, Carrick, would look very ordinary in any other team.

3, Downing….nuff said.

http://talkfootballonline.net/forum/index.php?topic=289.0
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Bobbyb(m): 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2009
haba guy, i dont think carrick fits into dat bill, coz i really do consider him a good reader of d game: never chasing d game! he is 1 of d few players inwhich watever situation he finds himself,knows wat 2 do, proove me wrong?Downing jst lacks pace but has great technique,
Agbonlahor he is on his own, lol
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by asha80(m): 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2009
my guy Carrick was astounding in tottenham b4 man u came 4 him.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Mar 08, 2009
Berbasuck, Wayne Rooney, Almunia, Carrick, Robinho, Mikel, Malouda(13m)
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by akinalabi(m): 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Berbasuck, Wayne Rooney, Almunia, Carrick, Robinho, Mikel, Malouda(13m)

I'm surprised you did not include Ronaldo cheesy
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2009
Ronaldo is player of the year na. He is far better than those other cripples there.

Have you forgotten the saying of the one eyed man being king in the land of the blind?
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Phony200(m): 1:34am On Mar 09, 2009
Aunty Dayo, considering Ronaldo is world player of the year, can you please clarify the geographical boundaries of the Land of the Blind?
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Bobbyb(m): 9:57am On Mar 09, 2009
@dayokanu afta surfing d sports section realised u'r a 'GERMAN' dats kinda cool, but 1 can also include:
borowski,kroos,rensing,PODOLSKI!
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dayokanu(m): 11:42am On Mar 09, 2009
@BobbyB,
The title of the thread reads PREMIER LEAGUE. Which part of that dont you understand?

Which of those players are in the Premier League
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dominique(f): 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2009
@ topic
BERBATOV, ROBBIE KEANE & ADEBAYOR caf must be insane for making him player of the year.. i'll think of others later.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by m4showcom(m): 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2009
Adebayor was the only player that was fit and inform when he won the award
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dominique(f): 10:43pm On Mar 09, 2009
m4show.com:

Adebayor was the only player that was fit and inform when he won the award
thats bogus. its not by that, prior performances is count. togo did not qualify for nations cup and he was for almost injured for half the season in arsenal. so how the hell did he qualify for the award.
@ topic
90% of chelsea players; deco, ballack, drobga, malouda, kalou. . .
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by nxchanger: 11:19pm On Mar 09, 2009
Do you want to compare ADEBAYOR WITH ZAKI ans ABULTRAKA
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dominique(f): 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2009
no, but when it comes to recent performances, aboutrika have an edge. winning the gold for both club and country na small thing?. Abebayor wasnt consistent for arsenal because of injury. anyway sha, the deed has been done.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Sauron1: 11:45pm On Mar 09, 2009
dominique:

@ topic
BERBATOV, ROBBIE KEANE & ADEBAYOR caf must be insane for making him player of the year.. i'll think of others later.

Berbatov and Keane are overrated??
Are there any more consistent strikers in the PREM apart from these dudes??
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by m4showcom(m): 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2009
For i think adebayor deserve the title

See how he was voted

http://entertainmentgist.com/index.php?itemid=28#more
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by PoDeep(m): 11:49pm On Mar 09, 2009
What's so consistent about keane?
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by m4showcom(m): 11:56pm On Mar 09, 2009
BERBATOV, ROBBIE KEANE were in the same club before man u and liverpool bid for them and they were all performing well then and now i think BERBATOV, ROBBIE KEANE need to be give a real work to do, not to work for them.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by nxchanger: 10:23am On Mar 10, 2009
you are right m4show

they need to be in the game fully.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Informat20: 10:49pm On Mar 16, 2009
FOR ME I THINK CARRIC IS OVER RATED

WETIN HE PLAY AGAINS LIVERPOOL
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2009
FOR ME I THINK CARRIC IS OVER RATED

WETIN HE PLAY AGAINS LIVERPOOL

nobody rates him highly in d first place so the over rated thingy is shitty

back to ur moronic comment, so since Vidic didnt play well against Pool, hes over rated too?
dont let me abuse u o cos e be like say ur brains no dey work
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Ibime(m): 9:31pm On Mar 18, 2009
Gerrard is the most overrated player in prem. They would have you thinking that dude is the best thing since sliced bread. From the hype that guy garners, I would swear he's better than Lionel Messi.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by A40(m): 1:50am On Mar 19, 2009
Ibime:

Gerrard is the most overrated player in prem. They would have you thinking that dude is the best thing since sliced bread. From the hype that guy garners, I would swear he's better than Lionel Messi.
How can you say that about the General?

Lampard is the most over rated player in the Prem besides his deflected freekicks and shots on goal i really don't see the noise about him
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by kaypumpin2(m): 2:25am On Mar 19, 2009
A-40:

How can you say that about the General?

Lampard is the most over rated player in the Prem besides his deflected freekicks and shots on goal i really don't see the noise about him

MINT grin

How can anyone in his right senses mutter that Stevie G is over-rated
By such inference,maybe Zidane was high on Algerian grass when he posited that he rates Gerrard highly lipsrsealed
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tboy1(m): 2:32am On Mar 19, 2009
Without a doubt it has to be Robbie Keane
Still dont know the jazz he used for benitez
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by dayokanu(m): 4:41am On Mar 19, 2009
Berbatov and Rio without a doubt
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Ibime(m): 7:32am On Mar 19, 2009
kay_pumpin:

MINT grin

How can anyone in his right senses mutter that Stevie G is over-rated
By such inference,maybe Zidane was high on Algerian grass when he posited that he rates Gerrard highly lipsrsealed

If Zidane places Gerrard above the likes of Messi, Ronaldo et al, it just proves that HE IS BEING OVERRATED!

No wonder Zidane has no chance to be a manager, with the kind of bollocks that comes out of his mouth.

Lamps on the other hand is underrated because axiomatically inclined idiots like A-40 log on to Nairaland to denigrate his abilities, even when the statistics show that Lamps is head and shoulders above most of his contemporaries, including Gerrard.
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by Cristalz(f): 7:49am On Mar 19, 2009
@Ibime
Going ballistic 'cos Lamps is in your club right? It's an opinion dude grin

@topic

M. Ballack (is he still hyped even? grin )

M. Almunia

E. Adebayor

S. Gerrard (dude's living on past glory)

D. Berbatov (he is cool, but still comes in second to Torres)
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by MrCrackles(m): 7:56am On Mar 19, 2009
Berbatov Lanky Arrow! tongue
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tkb417(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2009
I guess we are mixing loss of form which can be due to so many factors to this hype thingy
for instance

M. Ballack (is he still hyped even? )
How can Ballack be here? hes lost his touches doesnt mean hes no good or hyped.

S. Gerrard (dude's living on past glory)
Steven Gerrard living on past glory? hes the best player in Liverpool. One of the best in the world, Hes been very consistent playing for club for 5 years!!!
when was the glory ure talking about?

D. Berbatov (he is cool, but still comes in second to Torres)

yeah, i think Berba is over rated. i cant see why we paid 30 somthing for him. can we have some change abeg.
Berba lags behind many strikers in the epl, not only Torres. Rooney, Torres, RVP, Drogba et al are playing better.
Not saying he cant be better but as at today, march 19, 2009. We need Spurs to refund some part of the money we paid
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by tayoccu(m): 9:42am On Mar 19, 2009
I'd say most of the English dudes are overrated, except Gerrard (whom the legendary zizu calls the best player in the world), walcott(still young and needs more time).
Re: Most Overated Player In The Premier League by slimghost(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2009
1. Adebayor

2. Tevez

3. Ballack

4. Malouda

5. Deco

6. Lucas

7. Zaki

8. Agbonlahor

9. Elmander

10. Rio

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Utd Vs Ac Milan 2nd Leg (4-0) (agg 7-2) / Manchester City Vs Norwich City (5 - 0) On 26th July 2020 / Pep Guardiola Set To Step Down As Barcelona Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.