Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS (4993 Views)

Samsung Brings Back Flip Phones Running Android OS: Meet Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 / Say Hello To World First 8GB RAM Phone ,first Tango And Daydream Ready Phone / About Leaving Your Smartphone To Charge Over-night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Timprince(m): 6:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Have you ever wondered which smartphone is actually the first to run on an Android OS? The first smartphone was developed by HTC and was released on October 2008. HTC dream which is also known as T-mobile G1 was actually the first smartphone to use the Linux Based Android Operating System. T-mobile G1 was officially announced on 23 September 2008. The most funniest thing is the specs, see it here http://www.techbarrow.com/2015/07/first-smartphone-to-run-on-android-os.html

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Winna01(m): 6:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
epic
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by horla32: 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
Still look more beautiful than even some 2015 phones

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Bj5all(m): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
Wow, this is great. HTC paved the way for tecno and their co to my life easy for everybody.
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by abrahym(m): 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
Look cool and beautiful
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Haywhymido(m): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
owk
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by mankan2k7(m): 6:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
Until I see d grandmother, no comment

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by just2endowed: 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by jamex93(m): 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
the great HTC

1 Like

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by lilmax(m): 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2015
High tech computer Corporation cool

1 Like

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Bratking(m): 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2015
HTC is taiwainese, but Taiwanese is a chinese sub group, so HTC is technically a chinese phone by proxy!
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by orogodoganyin(m): 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:
HTC is taiwainese, but the Taiwanese are a chinese sub group, so HTC is technically a chinese phone by proxy!
says hu?
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Bratking(m): 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2015
orogodoganyin:
says hu?
By simple logic:
HTC=Taiwan=China
Therefore HTC=Chinese.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by orogodoganyin(m): 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:

By simple logic:
HTC=Taiwan=China
Therefore HTC=Chinese.
not d method of logic, bt d logic itslf. how is taiwan chinese?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Bratking(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
orogodoganyin:
not d method of logic, bt d logic itslf. how is taiwan chinese?
Read this; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwanese_people

1 Like

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by 1Cor10vs26(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
Lol, you must b kidding me Some dude in my department uses this phone
For those saying the fone is fine, wait till you see it in real life

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by augster(m): 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
I used this phone grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by ZACHIE: 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
So funny logic up there
Is Android also Chinese?
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by orogodoganyin(m): 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:

Read this; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwanese_people
u guys nd wikipedia... u understand anybody can input things into it sha?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by zenith4biz(m): 8:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
Dont tell me that this phone is better than Z10
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Bratking(m): 8:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
orogodoganyin:

u guys nd wikipedia... u understand anybody can input things into it sha?
Nope. wikipedia is editable but not everyone have access to certain sensitive information such as this.
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2015
I one had the htc g2, the second phone to run on android, its still in ma hauz
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by orogodoganyin(m): 8:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:

Nope. wikipedia is editable but not everyone have access to certain sensitive things such as this.
actually, they have access. it'll b corrected l8r thow if it's wrong
mind u, i've once read bullocks on a particular topic 4 months b4... prolly still uncorrected till nw, even after years
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Fundango: 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:
HTC is taiwainese, but Taiwanese is a chinese sub group, so HTC is technically a chinese phone by proxy!
Wallahi you are technically right my BRAZZER!just like how za filpul of za NIGER REPUBLIC are scientifically ZA NIGERIANS.
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2015
Bratking:

You no get sense at all

1 Like

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by samsard(m): 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
Looks like my former phone, HTC Touch Pro 2 that was a Windows Mobile phone. I play racing game tire for that phone. wew!

1 Like

Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by deeobserver209(m): 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
Feels like an old school phone. Interesting how time flies. cheesy
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Bratking(m): 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2015
orogodoganyin:

actually, they have access. it'll b corrected l8r thow if it's wrong
mind u, i've once read bullocks on a particular topic 4 months b4... prolly still uncorrected till nw, even after years

Let's not drag this issue further. just google Taiwanese, and pick one search result.
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Bratking(m): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Martiekay:

You no get sense at all

I doubt you will be able to locate Taiwan on the map if you're given the chance, lol. abeg go back to the kitchen where you belong jare!
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by xtervaganza(m): 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
But Samsung turned Android to hot cake
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by onosprince(m): 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
Not the grandfather of my own phone because I dont use android.
Re: Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS by Bratking(m): 9:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Fundango:
Wallahi you are technically right my BRAZZER!just like how za filpul of za NIGER REPUBLIC are scientifically ZA NIGERIANS.

Your analogy doesn't make any sense, it's not the same at all! are you aware that cantonese (an official language of Hong kong), mandarin (an official language of mainland china and Taiwan), macau, Hokkien (An official language of Taiwan , etc are all grouped under the CHINESE language?? My guess is that you don't. I bet you don't know that most Taiwanese hold dual citizenship (citizens of China and Taiwan).

some people are ignorant sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia Vs Iphone 5 / Top 10 Ways To Secure Your Social Media Accounts / 80k To 90k Phone; Redmi 10c Or Infinix Note11i Or Tecno Spark 8p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.