Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Where do Atheists go when they die? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where do Atheists go when they die? (13368 Views)

Atheists 'Go Ballistic' When Children Visit Ark Encounter. / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2015
CaptainJune:

You're one great heap of confusion. I had refused to make any reply to your post as regards animals having souls. However, I shall leave you with this explanation but you're free to ignore it like you do others. When a person dies, righteous or wicked, or an animal his or its spirit (the life of man) returns to God. However, the soul of each man goes for judgment. The spirit without the body is dead. Geddit?

Animals have spirit but not soul , unlike man. The spirit of man or animal, that is, the life that makes both function on earth is not subject to judgment. The soul is.

Here is Proof from ur bible that you lied @ bold

EVIDENCE A :
Genesis 1vs20 Darby Bible Translation
And God said, Let the waters swarm
With swarms of living [size=25] souls [/size] , and let fowl
fly above the earth in the expanse of
the heavens.

Marine animals are called living SOULS .

EVIDENCE B:

Genesis 1:24 Darby Bible Translation
And God said, Let the earth bring forth
[size=25] living souls [/size] after their kind, cattle, and
creeping thing, and beast of the earth,
after their kind. And it was so

Again ! Animals are called living SOULS
Or is the bible lying ? If no , tell us where the souls of this wild animals and cattle go when they die ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2015
CaptainJune

It is the soul that represents the real person that houses one's feelings, wills, desires, thoughts - the real you.

Going by that analogy @ bold , the soul which is the REAL PERSON OF JESUS is immortal, the real Jesus himself is imortal , so ONLY his borrowed human flesh died while the REAL JESUS didnt die .

Really , the real person of jesus didnt die for anyone? You have been scammed .

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by CaptainJune: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
Bosch10:
Yes na,the body is dead without the spirit and not the spirit dead without the body as you have said.

Lol. Thanks for pointing out that error. Edited.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by CaptainJune: 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
MizJanet:

Here is Proof from ur bible that you lied @ bold

EVIDENCE A :
Genesis 1vs20 Darby Bible Translation
And God said, Let the waters swarm
With swarms of living [size=25] souls [/size] , and let fowl
fly above the earth in the expanse of
the heavens.

Marine animals are called living SOULS .

EVIDENCE B:

Genesis 1:24 Darby Bible Translation
And God said, Let the earth bring forth
[size=25] living souls [/size] after their kind, cattle, and
creeping thing, and beast of the earth,
after their kind. And it was so

Again ! Animals are called living SOULS
Or is the bible lying ? If no , tell us where the souls of this wild animals and cattle go when they die ?

Before you go on arguing aimlessly, try consult the King James version of the Bible to know which makes sense - calling them 'creature' or 'souls'. Lol. This direction of your argument is so clueless. No offense.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by CaptainJune: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
[s]
MizJanet:

Going by that analogy @ bold , the soul which is the REAL PERSON OF JESUS is immortal, the real Jesus himself is imortal , so ONLY his borrowed human flesh died while the REAL JESUS didnt die .

Really , the real person of jesus didnt die for anyone? You have been scammed .

[/s]

You see why I always say you are a bundle of confusion? undecided
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by Bosch10(m): 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
CaptainJune:

Lol. Thanks for pointing out that error. Edited.
ok sir,i love your posts,and that is why i followed u.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
CaptainJune:

Before you go on arguing aimlessly, try consult the King James version of the Bible to know which makes sense - calling them 'creature' or 'souls'. Lol. This direction of your argument is so clueless. No offense.

Are you actually sayin darby bible translation is CLUELESS ? grin

Are you so ignorant that you dont even know the hebrew word " Nephesh" meaning " SOUL" appear in those verses ? grin

*just admit you LIE*

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
CaptainJune:

Here is your statement : " Soul represents the real person ... The real you" and according to xristianity soul never dies . good

The soul ( real person) of your Jesus himself never dies , only his useless human flesh died .

Did jesus himself die or only his flesh dies ?

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
CaptainJune:

@bold , lets consult that KJV and you will be suprised that it called animals souls . cheesy

REV 16:3 KJV
" And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man; and Every living [size=25]SOUL [/size] died in the sea" . Gooood . Animals in the sea are called souls , another proof that you are the confuse fellow .

Now , tell us where sharks , whales and other fishes go when they die , since its been proven from your king james that they are souls ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by CaptainJune: 7:57am On Jul 20, 2015
Bosch10:
ok sir,i love your posts,and that is why i followed u.

Am glad you do, bro. Thanks.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by CaptainJune: 8:25am On Jul 20, 2015
MizJanet:

Are you actually sayin darby bible translation is CLUELESS ? grin

Are you so ignorant that you dont even know the hebrew word " Nephesh" meaning " SOUL" appear in those verses ? grin

*just admit you LIE*

Still parading your ignorance with pride I see.

Look up the word 'nephesh' pronounced 'ne-fesh' and you will discover it has many meanings as used in the book of Genesis and in the Old Testament but that context where it was used it meant 'living creature', not immortal being as you ignorantly assume. The same word was used to describe Adam in Genesis 2:7. In other contexts 'nephesh' also means appetite, will, mind, dead body, lust, themselves, creature, pleasure...so which exactly do you mean?

The Greek word for 'soul' is 'psuche' or 'psyche'. An example where it was used is Matthew 16:26 where Jesus said 'What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but lose his own soul (psuche)?' Another example is Matthew 10:28 where Jesus said, "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul (psuche). But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul (psuche) and body in hell."

I could go on to dispel your ignorance but it is like throwing gold into a sea since you enjoy your state of being willfully ignorant.

MizJanet:

Here is your statement : " Soul represents the real person ... The real you" and according to xristianity soul never dies . good

The soul ( real person) of your Jesus himself never dies , only his useless human flesh died .

Did jesus himself die or only his flesh dies ?

Another piece of crap. You really expect me to answer that irrelevant question? Nah, that's the height of senselessness.

MizJanet:

@bold , lets consult that KJV and you will be suprised that it called animals souls . cheesy

REV 16:3 KJV
" And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man; and Every living [size=25]SOUL [/size] died in the sea" . Gooood . Animals in the sea are called souls , another proof that you are the confuse fellow .

Now , tell us where sharks , whales and other fishes go when they die , since its been proven from your king james that they are souls ?

Refer to my little lecture in the first quote and see how utterly ridiculous this question appears.
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 8:33am On Jul 20, 2015
CaptainJune:

Still parading your ignorance with pride I see.

Look up the word 'nephesh' pronounced 'ne-fesh' and you will discover it has many meanings as used in the book of Genesis and in the Old Testament but that context where it was used it meant 'living creature', not immortal being as you ignorantly assume. The same word was used to describe Adam in Genesis 2:7. In other contexts 'nephesh' also means appetite, will, mind, dead body, lust, themselves, creature, pleasure...so which exactly do you mean?

The Greek word for 'soul' is 'psuche' or 'psyche'. An example where it was used is Matthew 16:26 where Jesus said 'What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but lose his own soul (psuche)?' Another example is Matthew 10:28 where Jesus said, "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul (psuche). But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul (psuche) and body in hell."

I could go on to dispel your ignorance but it is like throwing gold into a sea since you enjoy your state of being willfully ignorant.

Another piece of crap. You really expect me to answer that irrelevant question? Nah, that's the height of senselessness.

Refer to my little lecture in the first quote and see how utterly ridiculous this question appears.

just admit you are WRONG and stop DISGRACING yourself cheesy

Bible call animals " SOULS" , Yes or No ?

1 Like

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by trapQ: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2015
I really don't like indulging in vain arguments. you can make your research. The whole world knows that the soul exists and like I said, science has proven it too. The fact that you haven't seen it with your physical eyes doesn't mean they don't exist. No one is paying me to "back up" any claims here. This world is mysterious, and the earlier you believed that the better. Everything isnt black and white you know.

First, have you ever heard of the term "astral projection" ?. Well if you havent , it means soul travel. That's what witches and most cultists so - leave their physical bodies while their soul travels anywhere around the world. In this state they have an increased vibrational frequency, so much more than that of humans, and can pass through walls, you know why?? Because the vibrational frequencies of everything in the physical state is very low, so they(their spirits or souls or whatever) passes through with ease. Do you also know why that's easy for them? Cuz their increased vibrational frequentcy means increase energy

Ever heard of spirit sciences?? I don't even know where to begin this explanation from.

What about metaphysics?? It is a branch of physics that deals with the unseen.... Yeah that's true. These two areas are very broad. If you are very keen on knowing the truth then I suggest you try googling up those topics. Even Albert Einstein believed in the supernatural.
MizJanet:

And trapQ lied

Use your brain , the soul described by trapQ doesnt exist . This is how trapQ described it " even science has proven the existence of the human soul and how it leaves the body when a person dies " . The bold point to the mythical white material that leaves the body of dead people in hollywood movies . Its video editing and doesnt exist .

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by MizJanet(f): 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
trapQ:
I really don't like indulging in vain arguments. you can make your research. The whole world knows that the soul exists and like I said, science has proven it too. The fact that you haven't seen it with your physical eyes doesn't mean they don't exist. No one is paying me to "back up" any claims here. This world is mysterious, and the earlier you believed that the better. Everything isnt black and white you know.

First, have you ever heard of the term "astral projection" ?. Well if you havent , it means soul travel. That's what witches and most cultists so - leave their physical bodies while their soul travels anywhere around the world. In this state they have an increased vibrational frequency, so much more than that of humans, and can pass through walls, you know why?? Because the vibrational frequencies of everything in the physical state is very low, so they(their spirits or souls or whatever) passes through with ease. Do you also know why that's easy for them? Cuz their increased vibrational frequentcy means increase energy

Ever heard of spirit sciences?? I don't even know where to begin this explanation from.

What about metaphysics?? It is a branch of physics that deals with the unseen.... Yeah that's true. These two areas are very broad. If you are very keen on knowing the truth then I suggest you try googling up those topics. Even Albert Einstein believed in the supernatural.

You are very confuse , man . Anyway am not suprised since ur fake gospel is full of lies .

Here this coz it might help you:

It may be a profound experience, but the
fundamental problem is that there's really no
way to scientifically measure whether or not
a person's spirit "leaves" or "enters" the
Body.

The simplest and best explanation for
out-of-body experiences is that the person is
merely fantasizing and dreaming. Because
there is no scientific evidence that the soul
exists — or for that matter that
consciousness can exist outside of the brain
— the premise behind astral projection is
rejected by scientists.

One of the most important scientific
principles, Occam's Razor, is that if you
have a phenomenon to be explained and
several different theories are proposed as
solutions, the simplest one (or the one with
the fewest assumptions) is likely to be the
correct answer. (One common illustration of
this is the statement, "When you hear hoof
beats, think horses, not unicorns" — or, in
this case, "When you have a dreamlike
experience while sleeping or resting, think
dreaming, not astral projection."wink
Practitioners of astral travel insist that it must
be real because it seems so vivid, and
because some of the experiences are
similar, even for people from different
cultures. But it's not surprising that many
people who try astral projection have similar
experiences — after all, that's what the term
"guided imagery" is: when an authority (such
as a psychologist or astral travel teacher)
tells a person what they should expect from
the experience. The power of suggestion
can be powerful, and a person who is told
they will encounter an alien or godlike entity
who imparts cosmic wisdom is likely to
imagine exactly that.

The problem is that there's no evidence that
Those people who leave their bodies are
actually going anywhere — and certainly not
anywhere on Earth. One strong piece of
evidence that the "travel" takes place in the
mind is that those who return from out-of-
body experiences can't give verifiable details
or information about the places they've been
or what they've seen.

If real, astral travel
would be incredibly useful. There would be
no need to send humans into dangerous
conditions — such as the 2011 Fukushima
Daiichi nuclear disaster in Japan — to find
out what the situation is (or if a meltdown is
imminent); instead, engineers should be able
to simply visit the site astrally to survey the
damage and report back without danger of
radiation contamination.

For that matter, if consciousnesses can fly,
Go through walls, and circle the globe, it
should have been a simple matter for astral
projection teams to locate Osama bin Laden
during his decade of hiding out in Pakistan,
and save innocent lives (not to mention
collecting the $25 million reward). The
disincarnate consciousnesses of bilingual,
astral-projecting spies could easily visit top-
secret facilities around the world and return
with important information about everything
from corporate trade secrets to military
nuclear codes.

If astral bodies truly can visit
other planets, then there seems little need
for the $2.5 billion spent on the Mars
Rovers, since scientists and engineers could
simply travel there in astral form during
dreams and provide detailed information
about the geography, soil composition,
ecology, and so on.

Keeep believing in fairytales .

2 Likes

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by trapQ: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2015
Was too long, I only read the last sentence. Like I said you can choose to make your research to find out or you can keep wallowing in an illusion of unbelief. There's no need for further conflicting views as we will never arrive on the same page here. If it was a mere myth I'd have doubted but science has proven these things and you still doubt.

Have a nice day THOMAS.
MizJanet:

You are very confuse , man . Anyway am not suprised since ur fake gospel is full of lies .

Here this coz it might help you:

It may be a profound experience, but the
fundamental problem is that there's really no
way to scientifically measure whether or not
a person's spirit "leaves" or "enters" the
Body.

The simplest and best explanation for
out-of-body experiences is that the person is
merely fantasizing and dreaming. Because
there is no scientific evidence that the soul
exists — or for that matter that
consciousness can exist outside of the brain
— the premise behind astral projection is
rejected by scientists.

One of the most important scientific
principles, Occam's Razor, is that if you
have a phenomenon to be explained and
several different theories are proposed as
solutions, the simplest one (or the one with
the fewest assumptions) is likely to be the
correct answer. (One common illustration of
this is the statement, "When you hear hoof
beats, think horses, not unicorns" — or, in
this case, "When you have a dreamlike
experience while sleeping or resting, think
dreaming, not astral projection."wink
Practitioners of astral travel insist that it must
be real because it seems so vivid, and
because some of the experiences are
similar, even for people from different
cultures. But it's not surprising that many
people who try astral projection have similar
experiences — after all, that's what the term
"guided imagery" is: when an authority (such
as a psychologist or astral travel teacher)
tells a person what they should expect from
the experience. The power of suggestion
can be powerful, and a person who is told
they will encounter an alien or godlike entity
who imparts cosmic wisdom is likely to
imagine exactly that.

The problem is that there's no evidence that
Those people who leave their bodies are
actually going anywhere — and certainly not
anywhere on Earth. One strong piece of
evidence that the "travel" takes place in the
mind is that those who return from out-of-
body experiences can't give verifiable details
or information about the places they've been
or what they've seen.

If real, astral travel
would be incredibly useful. There would be
no need to send humans into dangerous
conditions — such as the 2011 Fukushima
Daiichi nuclear disaster in Japan — to find
out what the situation is (or if a meltdown is
imminent); instead, engineers should be able
to simply visit the site astrally to survey the
damage and report back without danger of
radiation contamination.

For that matter, if consciousnesses can fly,
Go through walls, and circle the globe, it
should have been a simple matter for astral
projection teams to locate Osama bin Laden
during his decade of hiding out in Pakistan,
and save innocent lives (not to mention
collecting the $25 million reward). The
disincarnate consciousnesses of bilingual,
astral-projecting spies could easily visit top-
secret facilities around the world and return
with important information about everything
from corporate trade secrets to military
nuclear codes.

If astral bodies truly can visit
other planets, then there seems little need
for the $2.5 billion spent on the Mars
Rovers, since scientists and engineers could
simply travel there in astral form during
dreams and provide detailed information
about the geography, soil composition,
ecology, and so on.

Keeep believing in fairytales .

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by trapQ: 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2015
You seem to be the only sensible person on this thread
CaptainJune:

Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by Ericsunday619: 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
trapQ:
You seem to be the only sensible person on this thread
The atheists
Re: Where do Atheists go when they die? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 22, 2017
NumberOne2:
Just curious since most Atheist don't believe in after life, where do they when they die?
Hell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kids Raised Going To Church Are Happier Adults, Study Finds / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Exclusive: Meet Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Look Alike & They Have The Same Initial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.