Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,745 members, 7,806,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read (50380 Views)

Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office / In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
Things have improved in some areas, except

1.We still do have the fuel scarcity issue....and right now, we have no idea of how many new refineries are to be built.

2.We have no idea as to whether we would be running an austerity government, or not. And we still have some high spending in government (Wardrobe allowance )

3.Boko is still on the loose. Jos has been hit twice.Service chiefs who have been found wanting have not been replaced. And the DSS is in disarray.

4.Education funding....no one knows if we would be spending more or less....which leads to the question of fees, and what not.

5.Generation has increased. Now....what will happen by November when the reservoirs fall in intensity....and while it is good tohave a nuclear power station on the drawing board....what happened to solar power,etc.

6.EFCC is working. But will EFCC look at some corrupt govt stakeholders.

7.No one has been able to sort out the mess that is our National Assembly. I fear when ministerial nominations begin.
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Adultnextdoor(m): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
YoursGEJ:
DID YOU NOTICE THIS AMAZING SCENARIO?

Without Power minister:
- Electricity supply has greatly improved

Without Petroleum minister:
- refineries are almost fully revamped, to commence production within a month.

- Disappearance of fuel queues without oil marketers holding country to ransom.

- Stoppage of phantom fuel subsidy payments to the cabal, & reducing it from over N5b to N1.8b per day.

Without Finance minister:
- External reserves increased by $3b in a month.
- Bailout to states to clear 8 months salary arrears.
- Closure of all secret govt accounts.
- Maintenance of a single Federation Account for all FG revenues.

Without External Affairs minister:
- Secured multilateral cooperation of all neighbouring countries for a MJTF against Boko Haram.

- G7 cooperation and support in fight against insurgents.

Without Commerce & Trade minister:

- Concluded package to revamp local industries.
-Again a marching order for the resuscitation of our dead Textile Industries was given.

All in barely a month!

l'm delighted about the prospect, when PMB would have touched all sectors of our national life.

...A NEW SHERIFF IS IN TOWN!...

● Former Imo State Governor Ohakim granted N270million bail for N270million fraud as in return the EXACT money you stole shikena!

● Lamido Ex Nig. Foreign minister and Ex-Jigawa Gov. and sons remanded in Prison

● Ex-Adamawa Gov. Nyako and son remanded in Prison

● Companies linked to Nnamani Ex-Enugu Gov. Loose assets to FG

And so on and so forth. Ah Ah PMB, na only you waka come?

The days of "Goat-Eat-Yam-And-Go-Free" are over! Watch out for more... ‪#‎Change‬ is really here!

~Jack Obinyan-Buhari 09/07/2015
......i totally agree with you on everything

proudly a BUHARITE

Shout out to every BUHARITE on nairaland!!

In PMB we trust!!

Nigeria will soon be great again!!!

1 Like

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Tintinnoty(m): 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
Dunno just luv this post
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Kbraims(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
Carry go BABA...
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
YoursGEJ:

Without Power minister:

- Stoppage of phantom fuel subsidy payments to the cabal, & reducing it from over N5b to N1.8b per day.

- Secured multilateral cooperation of all neighbouring countries for a MJTF against Boko Haram.

-Again a marching order for the resuscitation of our dead Textile Industries was given.

All in barely a month!

l'm delighted about the prospect, when PMB would have touched all sectors of our national life.

● Former Imo State Governor Ohakim granted N270million bail for N270million fraud as in return the EXACT money you stole shikena!

● Lamido Ex Nig. Foreign minister and Ex-Jigawa Gov. and sons remanded in Prison

The days of "Goat-Eat-Yam-And-Go-Free" are over! Watch out for more... ‪#‎Change‬ is really here!

Yes he's doing a wonderful job. Very soon, Nigerians would have the course to smile and be proud of the country.

In God We Trust! Kudos to Buhari!
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by podosci(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
The 5k was promised to Nigeria's poorest who are living in abject poverty , I would never ever by Gods grace revieve that 5k alert and i pray non of my family and friends qualifiy for the alert.
I condone with you for your situation were you are living in abject poverty due to mismanagement of the past Administration but be rest assured your days of hunger and suffering are over. Be patient, your liberation from poverty shall soon start once GMB puts into place mechanism for proper accohntability for money spent by the F.G.
Sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
YoursGEJ:

Without Power minister:

All in barely a month!

How much were u paid

2 Likes

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Otunbatrafford: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
It's better we pray for the success of this present Administration. PMB is highly committed to bring the country out of the wood. His love for this country and the zeal to take to enviable height are unparallel.
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by komek(m): 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
All these where the achievements of the past govt led by GEJ not this snailbuhari. He has not gotten pple who are to help him start work. He does not understand what it means to "hit the ground running".

APC and her Change agents sabotage the last administration. Every right thinking mind knows this.

Has Buhari's policies so far done any good to the country? The ansa is NO.

The rate at which his boys throw detonate bombs these days as if they are playing with "knock out" has increased.

We are watching

2 Likes

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Things have improved in some areas, except

1.We still do have the fuel scarcity issue....and right now, we have no idea of how many new refineries are to be built.

2.We have no idea as to whether we would be running an austerity government, or not. And we still have some high spending in government (Wardrobe allowance )

3.Boko is still on the loose. Jos has been hit twice.Service chiefs who have been found wanting have not been replaced. And the DSS is in disarray.

4.Education funding....no one knows if we would be spending more or less....which leads to the question of fees, and what not.

5.Generation has increased. Now....what will happen by November when the reservoirs fall in intensity....and while it is good tohave a nuclear power station on the drawing board....what happened to solar power,etc.

6.EFCC is working. But will EFCC look at some corrupt govt stakeholders.

7.No one has been able to sort out the mess that is our National Assembly. I fear when ministerial nominations begin.
Rome wasn't built in a day. I can assure you, before the end of the year, you would be proud of Mr. President.
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
Electricity is handled by private firms, u don't praise the DD for it. praise gej who made it possible.

2 Likes

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
.....and who wouldn't be scared of the General's koboko

1 Like

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
toshmann:

Now let me tell you what has been happening since Buhari came to power
1. Boko Haram is Baaaaack with a bang. Over 500 killed in JUST 30 days
2. Fulani cattle rearers now killing in terrific manners
3. Kidnapping is back in the south
4. Naira is now on a free fall. $1= ~200-250
It was about 150-180 when GEJ ruled.

5. The NASS is now a "fuji house of commotion". A joke.
6. Cross-River state has been bombed by the NIGERIAN MILITARY. With heavy casualties. Unreported bubthe APC controlled media.

7. Stop Deifying Buhari. Sobfar he has failed and failed woefully. He still has 3yrs and 11months to redeem himself. And he wont do so by propaganda.

1.Truth
2.Truth...and I await the Northern govs plan for the thing. And anyways GEJ did nowt about the Fulani issue either.
3.No it isn't....at least not in the intensity it was before.(And it never really left).
4.Naira is falling because we no longer have the oil money to buffer it up thanks to falling oil prices. For once...GEJ or Buhari have nothing to do with it. (Unless you beleive that they have influence in Saudi-American oil relations).And the fall started in July 2014. It is the price we pay for living in an oil dependent economy...which GEJ obviously did not do enough to reverse.,....because if he had...we won''t have the problem.

Nigeria must get off oil by the way. And I will be looking at Buhari's industry polices.

5.True...but it was during GEJ's time too(Tambuwal...vs the Police anyone?)
6.Because of millitants....who have been attacking poor people(The millitants you love boarder a boat and threw a baby overboard...because mummy refused to give them money. Not nice people....and it was hideouts that were bombed...not civilians.And if our Southern governors had not ignored youth unemployment for years...we won't have had milltants).
7.Buhari is no God....and he deserves to be criticized.

2 Likes

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
DeeTus:
Rome wasn't built in a day. I can assure you, before the end of the year, you would be proud of Mr. President.

Speaking as someone who prefers his country to politics..or tribe and religion....I wait watching with sharp eyes.

apc better be an improvement....or else out they go in 2019. We did not kick out PDP to get their mirror image.
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by ahamonyeka(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bombing everyday.as for power are you sure it will remain like this after the raning season is gone?
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by LockDown69(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
*● Ex-Adamawa Gov. Nyako and son were granted bail @ N370M
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Samirana360(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
more boko haram attacks!!
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by oyafemi(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
Kylez:
I won't agree with you on the issue of electricity though.
Besides the way the naira is falling, it go soon find oil for ground ooo embarassed
But he's making some progress at least.

Oya anticipate the video to my hit single, SPENDOE! wink
Follow on Instagram @: itsurmankylez
. Just graduated, I need a job pls.. (08184391251)
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by swaggprofessor(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jenny1010:
Buhari is too Old to rule Nigeria , we need a young blood
It's good for you to just realize that. but if u had the thought perhaps u would had stepped out for the Nigerians to vote for a young blooded Nigerian as president in the person of u. if the thought of being Nigeria's young president or u don't have any political argument to lay on the table could pllllllsssssssssss!!!!!!!!! JUST SHARAP
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by berrystunn(m): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
[size=26pt]Buhari is still Enjoying GEJ hand work...[/size]

1 Like

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by princejenks(m): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ordinarily,one shouldn't bother replying this cos its obviously tainted with lies and half truths but for the sake of those who might take it to heart as the truth,some things have to be put right.

On the power issue,it won't be right to give all the credits to pmb cos his administration has not added or invested any fresh funds in power infrastructure that we've heard of in over a month he took over the reins. The improvement we are seeing right now is simply as a result of the availability of gas to fire the gas plants built by the previous administration but which were being sabotaged by cutting off gas supply to them,besides we are in the raining season which has also boosted power from our hydro plant. The only credit I can give this admin is that the fear of its taking over affairs helped to make some people who were earlier sabotaging things sit up and do their jobs.

Same with the refineries,their turn around maintenance were ordered by the previous administration so let's give credit to the right person.

On subsidy,I think its still rather early to claim pmb has fixed the problem with it cos pretty soon these marketers will try to hold the nation to ransom if payments are delayed again so let's keep our fingers crossed on that as the issue of subsidy continues till we can refine crude locally to meet our needs,removing it could cause great hardship to the masses.

On the issue of ministers,the poster alluded to miracles pmb has performed without them,am not sure the poster knows what damage is being done to our economy as a whole due to the president's liasing with bureaucrats in the civil service rather than ministers. Investors have lost money in the stock exchange in just a month he has taken over cos of the lull in the running of governance which would have been better run by the president's delegates known as ministers,same for foreign investors who are still watching how things will pan out before they commit their funds. I even read that apc as a party is becoming worried by pmb's indecisiveness in choosing his ministers and think tank. It doesn't augur well for the system as a whole,and smacks of indecision and cluelessness on pmb's part.

On corruption,it has been neither here nor there,we are still watching which direction it would take in coming days and months before its tagged witch hunting or otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Arnoldo(m): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
fulanimafia:
I am sure we did the right thing to vote Buhari to fix this country, and we are gradually being vindicated.

The enemy will always want you to focus on your challenges, instead of counting your blessings.

Yes bro, if you take out bias and irrational dislike for PMB, you will see this country will definitely be better under him. All these in month without his ministers, there are good times ahead.
its very normal for him to attain results without his ministers the problem will be when the ministers are appointed as they will want to fill their pockets and d blame will be on the president just like Jonathan had terrible pple around him....buhari shld watch b4 giving anyone appointment BT concerning power,refinery rehabilitation e.t.c those shld be credited to d past administration... thanks
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by macfriet: 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
The truth of the matter is that these things you mentioned were already in place prior to the elections but the cabals decided to hold everyone to ransom just to push out GEJ. As for foreign reserves, PMB has not embark on any project to warrant spending of money hence the reserve will naturally increased
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by tsdarkside(m): 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i said so....hail the general.........hail! hail!! hail!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by khassy(m): 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
the only tin I see is 444 deaths in 39 days

Fvxk the DauraDullard angry

1 Like

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Speaking as someone who prefers his country to politics..or tribe and religion....I wait watching with sharp eyes.

apc better be an improvement....or else out they go in 2019. We did not kick out PDP to get their mirror image.

More people will experience the so-called mirage pretty soon due to the turn around.

1 Like

Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by seniorklop: 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Are u sure you are not owing NEPA? Lol
delishpot:
My house in PH has had no steady supply of electricity o. So OP we are still waiting for this change.
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jenny1010:
Contest for Presidency in 2019. You are young. You might get ten votes; afterall you got ten likes
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Tmaritas76(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
The writer is an APC man as if he doesn't know that power only improve in Nigeria during rainy season when the water level in Kanji dam increases.
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by sunkoye: 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jenny1010:
young blood like them Dimeji Bankole abi? Or like femi fanikayode...ehn?

Oh please...
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Sigo86(m): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jenny1010:

Go 2sleep. angry
Re: Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read by Werehkpe: 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
delishpot:
My house in PH has had no steady supply of electricity o. So OP we are still waiting for this change.

Yes you will not see the improvement just yet. WHY?

1. Before GEJ took over we were generating ONLY 4,500MW - which is grossly inadequate to even supply only Lagos.
2. PMB took over when we were generating just above 1000MW - because GEJ admin had dropped electricity generation by almost 3,000MW

If now there is improvement, we will be using 1000MW as a base. Right now we are generating about 3000MW which is an improvement from 1000MW. The FG is targetting about 10,000MW by the end of this year. If they achieve this, it will be the first time in our history we are generating above 5,500MW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Enugu With Atiku And Peter Obi / What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds / Abdulmalik Umar: Policemen Celebrate Arrest Of Boko Haram Commander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.