Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

God Vs Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Vs Religion (5279 Views)

Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) / Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge / The Will Of God Vs My Will (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
hahn:

Bravo!

I've never heard such a load of cow dung in my life. And you REALLY believe these stories?

Maaaaaaaaan
And I can bet a million dollars you didn't investigate these stories before typing the crap above! Werent you the one who asked the question? And to think you sounded like you wanted to increase your knowledge for a moment!

Bravo !
Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
Saklekplus:

Mr man, please apply common sense, don't u know that GOD is English name attributes to the almighty, people that translates Bible change it to their own name of supreme being, just like the way Yoruba call it "olorun" or igbo as chineke,those that translates Bible to Yoruba didn't use GOD but olorun or oluwa, so u will see it if u read Hebrew Bible, u will never encounter GOD but their own version of GOD, GOD is English word for the Supreme being
Talking about common sense, attack the topic not the person or you will be committing a fallacy called 'argumentum ad hominen' in logic.
At this point I will like to move with facts. Quoting from the first sentence in the Bible from king James Version, Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1, It reads
"In the beginning God created heaven and the earth."
So whether English or not the fact remains that Christians acknowledge God as God.
Re: God Vs Religion by hahn(m): 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

And I can bet a million dollars you didn't investigate these stories before typing the crap above! And to think you sounded like you wanted to increase your knowledge for a moment!

Bravo !

That's like telling me to investigate the story of superman using marvel comics

1 Like

Re: God Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

And I can bet a million dollars you didn't investigate these stories before typing the crap above! And to think you sounded like you wanted to increase your knowledge for a moment!

Bravo !
And the way you buy all those cock and bull stories of deities outside your belief, see you hitting Agnosticism soon... Take a bet grin
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 2:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
An2elect2:

Absolutely!

You think the devil isn't a god in his own right? That he cant carry out plans to confound an unsuspecting human?
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
21 mentions! shocked

grin
grin
grin

cheesy
Re: God Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:
21 mentions! shocked

grin
grin
grin

cheesy
I have more than that, and most i don't reply . . . so whats special about that, would they give me an award if i announce my number of mentions
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
hahn:

And so does christianity. I'm getting tired of seeing christians donating their life savings for a "miracle" instead of educating themselves. I'm tired of seeing christians eating grass, drinking fuel and living in poverty while their "pastors" ride around in private jets

Once again, nothing to do with the subject matter!
Are u saying imams don't scam their congregation? They are all pure and holy? There will always be sheep among wolves but at least the Christians aren't bombing people on a daily basis worldwide! lipsrsealed
Re: God Vs Religion by An2elect2(f): 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

You think the devil isn't a god in his own right? That he can carry out plans to confound an unsuspecting human?

ok it is not that he cannot deal with a person, but his powers were given to him and to every extent controlled by God. Even though he is said to be the god of this world according to 2cor 4:4, the biblical meaning is one who has temporary influence/rule over fallen men in this present world. He is not divine or deity but a common creature of God.

God is God and Lord of all.
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Beautiful joke tho. . .

I said i expected you to have known basic history to know that religions being propagated has nothing to do with potency of any deity and you still do not comprehend and talk about underestimating christians. . In fact i don't, i have disagreed with an atheist that religion impairs intelligence but for someone to make such a childish assertion like the potency of a deity determines the spread of its religion makes me think in the regard of agreeing with those other atheists…

. . .Meanwhile i would like to see you in the Science Discussion thread, lets see how scientifically inclined you are, bring all your brains along while at it because you sure will need it. wink https://www.nairaland.com/2391945/sciences-discussion-thread

And with all you said above you still can't explain why eleven fishermen and their illiterate followers conquered the whole of Rome! grin

Anything you cant explain you dismiss as coincidence. Anything that shakes your precious scientific ideals you quickly wave away as inconsequential. Becasue you dare not believe that there are some things you cannot explain, some things the are beyond your precious scientific knowledge!

Found out who built the pyramids of egypt yet? grin
Or did it randomly appear after the big bang? grin cheesy grin cheesy

Will definitely visit the science thread later on!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: God Vs Religion by johnydon22(m): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

And with all you said above you still can't explain why eleven fishermen and their illiterate followers conquered the whole of Rome! grin
Exactly the same way few islamic scholars conquered the whole of Malian empire

Anything you cant explain you dismiss as coincidence. Anything that shakes your precious scientific ideals you quickly wave away as inconsequential. Becasue you dare not believe that there are some things you cannot explain, some things the are beyond your precious scientific knowledge!
Anything you can't explain is open for study, experimentations and scrutiny to ascertain how it was done not assume up some absurd imaginations where you lack knowledge

Found out who built the pyramids of egypt yet? grin
Or did it randomly appear after the big bang? grin cheesy grin cheesy
Obviously feigning a clown here aren't you?

Will definitely visit the science thread later on!
Its obvious you are just interested in clowning about, scramble words together and pour in some smiley. . . #am seriously above that
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
hahn:

Oh! Now I get it!

You got it all wrong fam. I already know "it" doesn't exist. I'm only trying to help people like you UNDERSTAND "it" doesn't.

I only wonder why people spend their whole lives in fear of a product of their own imagination.

"It" isn't powerful. Your imagination is what's powerful and I'm only lending a helping hand to aid you channel your imagination into more rational thinking

Obviously you don't get it!

Why are trying so desperately hard to help people 'like' me? Did we ask for your help? Are u getting paid in anyway? Or are u really hoping that in your attempts to dismiss these beliefs you will indirectly reassure yourself that your disbelief is valid? cheesy

As per the bolded you will continue to wonder and it will continue to be a source of perplexion to you until u realise what you have been missing! I know you say you are missing nothing... And yet you can't stop wondering what millions of people around the world see in this non existent thing that they love so much.

Eh ya.

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
johnydon22:

let me drop one of their memes...Come again please cheesy Can as well call empiree, tartar9 Rilwyne001 9jaforlife to teach you they refer to their own deity as Almighty Allah (Almighty God)...Have no business dabbling into such arguments of blatant willful dishonesty

Anyone can create a meme bro, it doesnt negate the fact that when we say ALMIGHTY GOD we all know we mean the GOD of the Christians while when we say Almighty Allah it connotes islam! I'm very usre they dont write "Praise God" in thier letters but "Priase Allah" and we all know which religion is being referred to.

Lame example bro! cheesy

p.s, I'm surprised you are calling for the calvary...for little ol' me? cheesy I must really be putting you on the spot! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
hahn:

That's like telling me to investigate the story of superman using marvel comics
And I'm betting another million bucks that you cant explain this analogy! You just said it to sound smart! cheesy cheesy
Re: God Vs Religion by hahn(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

And I'm betting another million bucks that you cant explain this analogy! You just said it to sound smart! cheesy cheesy

Superman= god
Marvel comics= the bible

Do you even have a million bucks?
If yes, I need a loan please
grin
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
johnydon22:
And the way you buy all those cock and bull stories of deities outside your belief, see you hitting Agnosticism soon... Take a bet grin
I highly doubt it grin

It just irks me how people can turn to athiesm without exploring the full expanse of christianity. they read the bible and thats it. they never go further, hence thier limited knowledge and sometimes lame postulations. Same so called christians enter the real world and see real problems and cos the bible 'apparently' doesnt have the answer they debunk christianity in its entirety and turn to atheism! Its sad!

But then even Jesus, the Word of God said "Narrow is the way that leads to Salvation!"

Hiswordxray can help me with the location of that quote wink
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
johnydon22:
I have more than that, and most i don't reply . . . so whats special about that, would they give me an award if i announce my number of mentions

Jealousy...Jealousy...Jealousy is the ROOT of HATRED grin grin grin
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
An2elect2:

ok it is not that he cannot deal with a person, but his powers were given to him and to every extent controlled by God. Even though he is said to be the god of this world according to 2cor 4:4, the biblical meaning is one who has temporary influence/rule over fallen men in this present world. He is not divine or deity but a common creature of God.

God is God and Lord of all.

OK.

I think we are almost on the same page here.

There are little gods e.g baal, the devil, zeus, amadioha, etc. Call them what you will. But GOD Almighty is the supreme GOd and Lord of all.
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Exactly the same way few islamic scholars conquered the whole of Malian empire
Mali Empire and Rome which was greater?!? You a proffessed scholar are comparing Mali Empire and ROME?!?!?!!? ROME a former WORLD POWER?!?!?! Haaaaaaahahahaha!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy

Meanwhile The Mali EMpire was already muslim inclined as its founder Sundiata Kaita was a Muslim albeit a nominal one. His mother is written to have called on Allah as recorded by Niane(An epic of Old Mali). Christians though had to start form scratch!

Anything you can't explain is open for study, experimentations and scrutiny to ascertain how it was done not assume up some absurd imaginations where you lack knowledge
And if you dont have the equipment to study it you give it the benefit of the doubt till it can be studied! Follow the golden rule of "DO NO HARM"; If Christians feel that worshipping thier God makes them more fulfilled and happy and they are not hurting anybody by doing it then by all means let them be!

Can you explain the functionality of a placebo? If not, does that mean Placebos do not exist? cheesy

Obviously feigning a clown here aren't you?

and you dont know the building of the pyramids and the great sphinx has remained a mystery to this day? Or are you going to grasp at the flimsy postulations of a few dreamy archeologists,eager to debunk the slave "myth" as they put it?

Its obvious you are just interested in clowning about, scramble words together and pour in some smiley. . . #am seriously above that

Ah, my smileys are beginning to irritate you? grin grin grin Why na? What has it got to do with the discussion, or you are looking for a way to end it? Ok na, I wont use smiley again, just this last one grin grin grin
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 4:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
I don tire sef, Itsz been fun, catch you guys later! grin
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
hahn:

Superman= god
Marvel comics= the bible

Do you even have a million bucks?
If yes, I need a loan please
grin

YOu do know that Superman is originally a DC comics character and not Marvel, right?
Hence your irrational analogy smiley

MAtt 7:7Ask and ye shall recieve
How long do you intend to pay back? do you have collateral?
Re: God Vs Religion by hahn(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

YOu do know that Superman is originally a DC comics character and not Marvel, right?
Hence your irrational analogy smiley

MAtt 7:7Ask and ye shall recieve
How long do you intend to pay back? do you have collateral?

Ok. Marvel AND DC comics= bible and other "holy" books

I can pay back in 6 months. No collateral
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
hahn:

Ok. Marvel AND DC comics= bible and other "holy" books

I can pay back in 6 months. No collateral

grin grin grin

Now YOU are the joker!
Re: God Vs Religion by hahn(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

grin grin grin

Now YOU are the joker!

What ever happened to "ask and you shall receive"

But on a serious note check my signature. We are on the rise
Re: God Vs Religion by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
9aijaboi:

Talking about common sense, attack the topic not the person or you will be committing a fallacy called 'argumentum ad hominen' in logic.
At this point I will like to move with facts. Quoting from the first sentence in the Bible from king James Version, Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1, It reads
"In the beginning God created heaven and the earth."
So whether English or not the fact remains that Christians acknowledge God as God.

Just look at ur ignorance,, thank God that u mentioned KJV, who wrote it?, is it not bloody English ruler?, xo u expect him to use something else?, why he translate everything to English? , he leaves those that are not in English words.....
Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Saklekplus:

Just look at ur ignorance,, thank God that u mentioned KJV, who wrote it?, is it not bloody English ruler?, xo u expect him to use something else?, why he translate everything to English? , he leaves those that are not in English words.....
I earlier said Christian Bible and came with example,still you don't seem to understand.
But from your words,you wanna insult me rather than learn.. So, go ahead and keep insulting, I ain't gat time for that...
I gat more important things to handle
Re: God Vs Religion by An2elect2(f): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

OK.

I think we are almost on the same page here.

There are little gods e.g baal, the devil, zeus, amadioha, etc. Call them what you will. But GOD Almighty is the supreme GOd and Lord of all.

Yea little gods and no other Gods...
Re: God Vs Religion by 5minsmadness: 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
hahn:

What ever happened to "ask and you shall receive"

But on a serious note check my signature. We are on the rise

Seen.

but seriously bro no one'sgiving you 1m on this site without collateral.

Its a good buisness idea anyway.
Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Saklekplus:

I waited for u to talk again, but nothing
Did you expect me to use a Latin or French Bible or is KJV not a Christian Bible.
I wanna Quote Goodnews Bible on the same Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1... It reads
'in the beginning, when God created the universe '
That's another example from Christian Bible calling God God.
I deal with facts not ranting.

1 Like

Re: God Vs Religion by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
9aijaboi:

I waited for u to talk again, but nothing
Did you expect me to use a Latin or French Bible or is KJV not a Christian Bible.
I wanna Quote Goodnews Bible on the same Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1... It reads
'in the beginning, when God created the universe '
That's another example from Christian Bible calling God God.
I deal with facts not ranting.

As we have KJV and NIV in English version ,there is KJV and NIV in other languages, I think u will agree with me that, there is French Christians, Español Christians, Yoruba Christians, swahili Christians etc,, u will not tell them to use English word for GOD as GOD in their own translation of the Bible and they also read KJV or NIV in their own language respectively, the name given to GOD as in English is different, that's the point am trying to cull out, Even, there is Arabic Bible, the name they use for supreme being (GOD) there is ALLAH, so Wat are u saying?... Bro, u still have alots to learn
Re: God Vs Religion by Hiswordxray(m): 7:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
Among religious people you would hear words like "my religion is not a religion..."
But the truth is that we don't know what religion is and many of us are still entangled in religion even those who call themselves atheist.
Human being is bound to have religion and that is how the human nature is constituted. Religion on the other hand is not a belief in a deity but rather a product of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The sad truth is that almost every human patronize that tree whether theist or atheist. Only a very few pursue the tree of life.

1 Like

Re: God Vs Religion by hahn(m): 7:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

Seen.

but seriously bro no one'sgiving you 1m on this site without collateral.

Its a good buisness idea anyway.

No one ANYWHERE without collateral. I was hoping that you would do it because Jesus would have done something similar grin

Thanks. I'm going to re-invent it soon and we're working on adding new products, build a more attractive site etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? / Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead? He Is Risen! / All Men Are Equal Under God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.