Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:30 AM

Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) (12116 Views)

Cowbell National Mathematics Competition Past Questions And Detailed Solutions / Nigerian Science Olympiad Competition Past Questions And Online Assessment / Cowbell Mathematics Competition Past Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by mathways(m): 9:29am On Sep 24, 2006
I took part in the Jets 2001 National Quiz Competition in Jos.If you part in Jets competitons on National or at the state level,come on lets discuss it.I was also an active member of the JETS club in my school and a one time Vice president of the Stella Maris College,PHC Chapter.Where are the Ogun state branch of the JETS?They've always been very active when it comes to National JETS competition or I'm I wrong?
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by leketoye(m): 9:51am On Sep 25, 2006
mathways,
you are bringing up old sweet memories for me. In 1996, I was at the Jets Competition at the State level in Ogun State.
Men it was real raw fun. I led 4 of us from Nigerian Navy Secondary School Abeokuta to represent our Local Govt. area ( funny thing is I can't even remember the LGA name).

I crashed out at the quaterfinals, only one of us made it to the semifinals where he crashed out too. We were the ajebutter boys in the competition. We camped at Abeokuta Grammar School while the competition held at Baptist Girls High School.

The Baptist girls were all over the Navy boys. Guy I was PROUD to be a Navy boy. It was real real fun. The funny thing is that the guys that made it to the finals were guys from Baptist boys, Iganmode Grammar school and Abeokuta Grammer school. No biff intended, these guys found it difficult putting together a sentence in English.

It was fun for me sha. I enjoyed it thoroughly. There were a few scandals involving navy boys. We were discussed by everybody. Set boys, that's what we were.
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by mathways(m): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2006
Really interesting to hear this.JETS has always been fun and will continue to be.During my days,people use to call me "quizboy".I loved quiz competitions as it was always fun especially at the National level.I met people with funny and some with nice demeanors-all these help you have a good picture of what Nigeria is .
In the 2001 JETS,the ogun state guys rocked the competition intoto.In fact,they won at least 2 laurels in all the categories.I was 3rd in physics and 4th in Agric science.The fun of it was the socials after the quiz when you get to meet the girls and guys from all over the country.It was there I gat to see for the first time beautiful Nigerian girls in the sciences.
We want people to post more.We need to remember those good old days.And those preparing to make it this yr or next yr should also contribute and tell us how anxious they are.
Kudos to JETS!!!!
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by kodewrita(m): 6:27pm On Dec 07, 2006
i f she can program then let her write projects on stuff like
:creating applications entirely localized in the Yoruba Language/something similar.
She can write network apps with a little help in vb.
she can create programs to automate inventory keeping(almost everyone does this or has done this.)

Look for a business inschool e.g hospital and write a program to automate their record keeping and management.

Or write a dissertation on new areas in computer science e.g mobile code, expert systems, artificial intelligence e.t.c
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by kodewrita(m): 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2006
soory that was meant for another post.

i went to Enugu in 2000 and we were kicked out (thanks to me) by Ondo State by one point. They went on to win the competitiion.

2 Likes

Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by Tworld84(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2012
I want 2 set up jets club...can someone hint me on how 2 go abt it n wat we'll b doin.... I'm a youth corp member serving in Ondo

1 Like

Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by dljbd1(m): 11:03pm On Oct 14, 2012
Tworld84: I want 2 set up jets club...can someone hint me on how 2 go abt it n wat we'll b doin.... I'm a youth corp member serving in Ondo

Me too bro. Jst made me d JETS leader on friday. I serve in Ogun. Pls, any hints...cos I dnt knw whr 2start 4rm
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by Tworld84(m): 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
Can someone help?
dl_jbd:

Me too bro. Jst made me d JETS leader on friday. I serve in Ogun. Pls, any hints...cos I dnt knw whr 2start 4rm
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by phemmyalade: 9:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
Please... what ever happened to JETs Club....
who is in charge? National and states level.... Need to push something to them
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by felixvalobi: 4:35am On Jul 29, 2014
Hi, i also took part at the JETS competition at Jos 2001. i won the national theme project that year. I am open for discussion#
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by living2013(m): 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2015
What are the different projects that students in JETS club can work on. I have a student in the club making this enquiry. Helpful info will be appreciated
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by Redben(m): 11:08am On May 05, 2017
Hey sorry its kinda late but i just stumbled upon this...i think i remember you (from FGC idoani) cus i was at enugu 2000 too (from ola-oluwa college) for ondo state (
kodewrita:
soory that was meant for another post.

i went to Enugu in 2000 and we were kicked out (thanks to me) by Ondo State by one point. They went on to win the competitiion.
Re: Jets Nattional Competition(past And Future Participants) by ayo84(m): 9:46am On Apr 01, 2022
Represented a state some years back as far back as 2000, its funny this country one is currently domiciled in doesn't appreciate or reward people who are intellectual but they seem to outmaneuver them into animal like behaviors , hoping they can organise a foreign tour for past participants

(1) (Reply)

LASU Expels 69 Students For Cultism, Exam Malpractices- Vangurdngr / What To Do After JAMB / University Of Ibadan Lecturer Protests ‘illegal’ Deductions From Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.