Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves (21198 Views)

EFCC Set To Prosecute Former Governors Accused Of Corruption / RIP Subsidy: Youths Bearing Coffin Celebrate The "Death Of Subsidy" / NLC: Buhari Now Captive Of Forces Of Subsidy Removal, Deregulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by ceometromedia: 4:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, will this week begin the trial of subsidy thieves in the country.

According to the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Muhammed Adoke, the trial of subsidy thieves will begin this week.

While briefing State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Adoke said the EFCC would be prosecuting those found culpable in the report of the House of Representatives Committee on subsidy regime.

The revelation by the AGF, who spoke on the outcome of a meeting of representatives of the three arms of government on corruption which held at the instance of President Goodluck Jonathan, perhaps put paid to fears that the subsidy report would be compromised following the bribery scandal involving chairman of the subsidy probe panel, Farouk Lawan, and a businessman, Femi Otedola.

Otedola had alleged that Lawan put him under pressure for a $3m bribe, out of which $620,000 had been paid to the lawmaker.

Lawan who confessed to collecting the bribe money however claimed that he only did so in order to expose the businessman.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/efcc-set-to-commence-prosecution-of.html

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by CUM4WHAT(m): 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by disloman(m): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
I don't think d OP is okay?Who is d minister of justice that wanna prosecutes those thieves?Get ur fact well b4 opening threads.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by Elslim: 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ghen Ghen
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by snadguy007(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
We are waiting

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by engrfcuksmtin(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
shocked
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by doublewisdom: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
How?
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Let it start

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by baralatie(m): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
BE caused say you open topic no mean say name true.
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by talented143(m): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
thou shall not WITCH-HUNT OR WIZARD-HUNT

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by berrystunn(m): 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
[size=13pt]without investigation...nothing will come out of it.

same old story....[/size]
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by cilifa: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
President Goodluck abi wetin i read?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by nice101(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Booked.
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by Pavore9: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Total recovery of funds should be the aim but bia OP, is Adoke still a Minister? When did Buhari appoint him the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice?

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by ManTiger(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Place your advert here.
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by alaoeri: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Baba is working, TANoids are wailing.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by Brytawon(m): 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
KILL THEM ALL!
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by free2ryhme: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by Samiceman: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jonathan, Nkwojo- Iwela (not sure I got this right), Madueke... Make una take note oo. Kirikiri to soon full sha

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by free2ryhme: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
I hope something positive comes out of this, meanwhile we are watching smiley
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by victorazy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Must u tell us?
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by edo3(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bookn tns.
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by JBismarck(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Mmh
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by steppin: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Any crusade against corruption without indicting Lagos state Landlord and the loser traitor from rivers, is nothing but a witch hunt.
I aff said my own!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by ApcSucks: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ok..... una wahala
Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by pontirock(m): 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Tanoids will have another problem now

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by petrich10(m): 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hope this new found action within the EFCC will continue. Its needed cool. But op? Ag Adoke? After a meeting with president jonathan?!! Were hve u been

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by jejemanito: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Dear Dieziani your end is near

Seducing PMB would've been an escape route buh as you no hot like Aisha lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Set To Commence Prosecution Of Subsidy Thieves by Mortiano(m): 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
day is my birthday, nairaland is my family, I need like 1000 likes today. God bless u, as u like dis post today

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anxiety In Wike’s Camp As Tribunal Delivers Judgement Today / Senate Confirms Danbatta As New NCC Boss / INEC Issues Certificate Of Return To Senators-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.