Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK (43199 Views)

Already Admitted Students Will Not Write 2017 UTME - JAMB / Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt / 10 Pictures Only Nigerian University Students Will Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by souljaboi51(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
For those who intend to work after studying in the UK, please consider this.

Foreign students will be banned from working and forced to leave the UK when their course ends

.Non-EU students will be barred from working while studying in Britain
.Will have to leave the UK when their course ends under immigration curbs
.Students told they can only apply for a work visa once they have left

Foreign students are to be banned from working in Britain under a fresh crackdown on immigration ordered by Home Secretary Theresa May.
When courses finish they will have to leave the country before reapplying to return for a job.
Ministers say the new rules, which will apply to all those from outside the European Union, will stop colleges being used as a 'back door to a British work visa'.

Under the new rules, non-EU students will be denied the right to work while in the UK and will not be able to apply for a visa extension when their course finishes.
Students will have to leave the country before applying to return under a work visa.
The length of stay is also expected to be cut to two years when the plans are unveiled this week.
Immigration Minister James Brokenshire said it was 'part of our plan to control immigration for the benefit of Britain'.
'Immigration offenders want to sell illegal access to the UK jobs market and there are plenty of people willing to buy.
'Hard-working taxpayers who are helping to pay for publicly funded colleges expect them to be providing topclass education, not a back door to a British work visa.'
Business Secretary Sajid Javid signalled on Friday that the govermment would stop the education system being abused by immigrants.
He said: 'What we need to make sure – and we do have this – is that our immigration system allows those from abroad that want to come to Britain to study in our world-class universities, our fantastic colleges to come here,' he told the Today programme.
'But we've also got to have a system that doesn't allow any abuse when people are using the right to study as a way to achieve settlement in Britain.
'So we've got to break the link and make sure it's focused on people who want to study and then, once they've had their studies and completed that, then they leave.'
But universities have warned that any clampdown could damage the sector and business leaders are also wary of the move, warning it could rob Britain of vital skills.
Seamus Nevin, head of employment and skills at the Institute of Directors, said: 'The Business Secretary's proposals to eject foreign students after graduation are misguided and would damage the British education system, our economy and global influence.
'Britain already makes it difficult and artificially expensive for international students to enter and stay, and now these proposals would eject them ignominiously when their studies are finished.
'Restricting talented workers from staying on in the UK would damage business and lead to a loss of important skills.
'Shutting the door to highly-trained international graduates at a time when our economy needs them most would be hugely damaging for UK businesses.
'In the interests our education sector, our businesses, and our international standing, the Business Secretary should reconsider this proposal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3158012/Foreign-students-banned-working-forced-leave-UK-course-ends.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by Abdullateef77(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
To the poster below me..2moro might b your day
dont stress

16 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by ramdris(m): 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Sad as it might seem for some peeps, I think it can be a blessing for Nigeria kinda. We have too many sharp minds in the UK who can help better our nation.

You just think about Nigeria and all u wanna do is cry cos you know we have what it takes to better UAE or even UK. Our Leaders who put us in this state will never find peace.

To the poster above me, it's not fair o! Since u have nothing to say, why u con take FTC. lipsrsealed. ?

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by sim37(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Africans, especially 9ja go through the back door

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
BiigTInzs cool
Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by IamSimi(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by johncreek: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
Why now for God sake... I know Nigeria is their target.

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by feldido(m): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nigerians have always made other countries step up their game.
We always push dem to the wall.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by adebayo201: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
o ga o! embarassed
Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by souljaboi51(m): 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
ramdris:
Sad as it might seem for some peeps, I think it can be a blessing for Nigeria kinda. We have too many sharp minds in the UK who can help better our nation.

You just think about Nigeria and all u wanna do is cry cos you know we have what it takes to better UAE or even UK. Our Leaders who put us in this state will never find peace.

To the poster above me, it's not fair o! Since u have nothing to say, why u con take FTC. lipsrsealed. ?
we have what it takes but our education is crap cry

12 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by lovinhubby2wife(m): 6:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
Okay next
Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by danpaul1(m): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Chai..bad market
Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by free2ryhme: 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
See Gobe
Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by moshmod101(m): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
FP tins....dedicated to d wailing wailers...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by jamex93(m): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
make every body seat down for him papa house jor, abroad no b by force

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by daben1(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Welcome home!!
After-all our students at ABU are making cars...
Welcome home!!

6 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by free2ryhme: 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
International students pay 3X what home students pay. It is already very difficult to remain in the UK legally after studying in the UK. Well i am sure other countries and their Universities would not mind taking the revenue international student tuition brings, because i doubt anyone would want to pay all that only to be kicked out as soon as he/she finishes.

58 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by savio07(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
People like me have got better tinz to achieve back home. #NAIJABLOOD

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by henchamb(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Who is going to uk when Australia n canada dey

21 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by hemartins(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Why would you want to stay there when your first intention was to study.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by donodion(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
I'm glad I don't reside in UK.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by PrincianoARTIST(m): 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
Story for the Ggods
Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by Eliza5050(f): 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
Una dey mad!
Dis white people always thinking they're superior
with dia yeye colour! undecided
Let dem go to hell! undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by ITbomb(m): 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
LOL

Upon all our foreign exchange dumped into their country, they just want to collect and not pay back. What is the use of schooling in UK if you cannot get a UK working experience before coming back to Nigeria.

NIgeria should just limit UK cert especially those without working experience, this will make going to UK less attractive

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by Ambi25: 6:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
That i think will reduce brain drain

7 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by biafransoul: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Another problem for the cattle rearer

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by babyfaceafrica: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nigerians should try US or canada...they are better

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by ajebuter(f): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
That's their cuppa tea bro..

I'm earning my good bread minus heavy tax here in motherland

UK is only for visiting and tourism..

Chai hope fashola and ambode are not reading this before dem go tax me an arm and a leg?

Meanwhile, the poster below me is a bed-wetter! grin grin grin[color=#006600][/color]

6 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by Ceeflo(m): 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
These people will soon have us licking their ass with their ridiculous policies! Nigeria must get better, we must have a better country that can keep us away from rubbish like this.

LIKE my post if you agree with me.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by skyface00(m): 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Make una try it and see how e go affect una economy, we know how much we spent in ur various institutions.... implement it and see how we turn our back at ur country

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Students Will Be Banned From Working And Forced To Leave The UK by Mostwanted7: 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Expect France,Germany to follow suit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dirty Toilets At Unilag Hostels / 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally / FG Considers Shifting January 18 School Resumption Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.