Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? (2231 Views)

Poll: Would you date a woman more successful than you?

yes: 90% (10 votes)
no: 9% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

You Should Respect And Appreciate Your Woman More / Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable / Why Is The Infidelty Of A Woman More Difficult For The Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by whitelexi(m): 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2006
She's not outstanding in looks but she has 3 Master's Degrees and is in the final quarter of her Phd, currently contracts with the World Bank and is working for the United nations, all at the age of 26yrs!

Guys: If she approached you for a relationship,  would u stay? Please be real

Girls: Would u approach to date this guy if u know he only has a Bachelor's degree, not good-looking and not rich.
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by kokoletz(m): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2006
Yes I will accept her. Want you to knw dt a person is entirely different from his/her degree
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by whitelexi(m): 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2006
thanks but this is not about me though, just wondering if i'll do it if i was in that position, because a friend of mine is in that position right now. cool
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by kokoletz(m): 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2006
Yeah! Tell him to go for her man
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by mamaput(f): 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2006
So she is ugly but let me manage her, Like for the rest of my life, let me swear b4 God to love her till death, God will not know am lieing, but its only a small lie, and after all she is ugly, she should be happy for a hubby like me.

1 Like

Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by momoney1(m): 3:15am On Sep 26, 2006
hard to tell undecided but i think i will
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by kiki(f): 4:00am On Sep 26, 2006
ain't nothing bad in it
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by LetterGirl(f): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2006
@Whitelexi, Sure you say it is not about you, when i think that it is. smileyWhy do you need others opions on if you should or should not date someone? Why is a girl status as for as her having all these degrees and making xx amount of money important. We never ask the questions that mean something. Does she have a heart? Money and social status are just what makes the world like you. But grace and humbleness go along way.
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by whitelexi(m): 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2006
Hi LetterGirl,  2 things
obviously u don't know me, because my cardinal principle is to avoid telling lies.
secondly, i don't need anyone to help me make up my mind about dating or marrying,  and just for your info, my wifey isn't too far off, she's on this site as well so forget all this. cool

Thank heavens the girl in the story isn't Nigerian, I only wonder how it would've been if she was undecided
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by LetterGirl(f): 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2006
smiley @Whitelexi, I am so sorry if i offended you. I was merely kidding,it nice to hear that you are a person that wants to maintain honesty. There is not many individuals as yourself. I was simply stating what i felt mattered in life, being that this is a message board i feel that should be okay to do. I would hope individuals would think or at least consider some of things that i wrote. By the way no i am not a nigerian woman i'm african american/ But i feel there is no difference we are all human beings and god did create us. T'care.
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by Oracle(m): 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2006
I will definitely accept with arms open wide, that is what they call Opportunity in English language.
I'm glad you said "for a relationship" and not "for marriage"
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by whitelexi(m): 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2006
LetterGirl:

smiley @Whitelexi, I am so sorry if i offended you. I was merely kidding,it nice to hear that you are a person that wants to maintain honesty. There is not many individuals as yourself. I was simply stating what i felt mattered in life, being that this is a message board i feel that should be okay to do. I would hope individuals would think or at least consider some of things that i wrote. By the way no i am not a nigerian woman i'm african american/ But i feel there is no difference we are all human beings and god did create us. T'care.

Thanks letterGirl, I'm sorry if i sounded hostile a bit grin
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by LetterGirl(f): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2006
It's cool Lexi You's my people! smiley
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by kimba(m): 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2006
is she the junior sister of Condi?
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by kennyuche(m): 3:28am On Sep 27, 2006
@topic. I think the 1st tn da attracts is the looks. If she no fine, e go hard o. For God sake my kids got to be gud lookin. What about companionship,, understanding?
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by windywendy(f): 4:48am On Sep 27, 2006
kennyuche:

@topic. I think the 1st tn da attracts is the looks. If she no fine, e go hard o. For God sake my kids got to be good lookin. What about companionship,, understanding?

Haba man, you yasef fine Abeg post ya pix make we see grin grin

On the companionship and understanding angle, I give you good points there sha smiley smiley smiley
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by momoney1(m): 6:29am On Sep 27, 2006
windywendy expected to see your pics too wink
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by windywendy(f): 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2006
Yeah mo, keep expecting. You might get lucky someday cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by whitelexi(m): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2006
Yeah, why dont peeps like to post their pics on the site sef? them no want make we see their looks?
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by whitelexi(m): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2006
kennyuche:

@topic. I think the 1st tn da attracts is the looks. If she no fine, e go hard o. For God sake my kids got to be good lookin. What about companionship,, understanding?

undecided Forget about your kids' looks, they will either be hot brained like their mum or, just like u Lol grin
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2006
why should he be bothered about her educational qualifications,i think what really matters in a relationship is love,if he is in love with her and he is sure she is in love with him.then why dont he give it a try?who knows he might just be lucky.infact her educational qualifications should spur him up to work harder and gain more qualifications than hers.in my own opinion any man that is afraid to approach a woman cause she is more successful than him is a loser,cause he should see her as someone who would really help him in being successful which is more better than a woman who dosent contribute to the success of her man.and also i believe a woman in love can be tamed to respect her man.
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by whitelexi(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

why should he be bothered about her educational qualifications,i think what really matters in a relationship is love,if he is in love with her and he is sure she is in love with him.then why don't he give it a try?who knows he might just be lucky.infact her educational qualifications should spur him up to work harder and gain more qualifications than hers.in my own opinion any man that is afraid to approach a woman cause she is more successful than him is a loser,cause he should see her as someone who would really help him in being successful which is more better than a woman who dosent contribute to the success of her man.and also i believe a woman in love can be tamed to respect her man.

As much as i want to agree that its a wise thing to do, i also think the woman in question really matters. In this case, she's not nigerian but imagine how it would be like if she was indeed nigerian, it would be more like a contest and she'd take advantage of her qualifications cos u and i know how qualifications are praised in nigeria and how everything revolves around what u have. For a man, it may not be too bad, but place a woman there with a PHd and 3 masters the man is in trouble if he cant meet up grin
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by whitelexi(m): 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2006
grin Lol, thats a clear example of a woman marrying a man! grin
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by windywendy(f): 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2006
ThoniaSlim:

and also i believe a woman in love can be tamed to respect her man.

Tamed? what undecided undecided Are we talking humans here or (tamable) animals
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by kennyuche(m): 3:36am On Sep 29, 2006
.@windwendy, evn if i no fine @least make ma wife fine so that we go help d kids too
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by segun111(m): 3:49am On Sep 29, 2006
yes but she has to understand that God gives it and he can take it back anytime he wants therefore don't love the money but love me period,
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by Freewilly(f): 3:53am On Sep 29, 2006
I would if she's good looking and and takes care of me
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by kokoletz(m): 6:44am On Sep 29, 2006
If d success doesnt go into her brain no stress.
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by acidrop(f): 7:10am On Sep 29, 2006
who wouldnt Guyz wanna date rich women or gurls from rich homes, most of the time they dont even love her
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by kokoletz(m): 7:17am On Sep 29, 2006
Lol money answereth all things
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by whitelexi(m): 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2006
acidrop:

who wouldnt Guys want to date rich women or girls from rich homes, most of the time they don't even love her

Lol@kokoletz,  Meanwhile, on a serious note, @acridop just made a huge point,  men sometimes marry though they don't love, is it because they want to identify with the woman's success or academical background? I still think they do so if they allow the success of a woman to intimidate them,  so invariably, would u say they are losers?
Re: Would You Date A WOman More Successful Than You? by acidrop(f): 1:25am On Sep 30, 2006
YESSS, i will undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Anyone Had A Sugar Daddy? Or Sugar Mammy? / What Dose It Means / Naija Chicks In Naija Hotter Than Naija Chicks Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.