Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool (10788 Views)

Female Travel Agent Wanted For Duping Victims In Lagos. Photos / 2 Female Nigerian Fraudsters Arrested For Duping 7 Oyinbo Men Out Of £100K / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Girls (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Omooba77: 6:51am On Jul 13, 2015
The Osun State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps has arrested a herbalist, Babatunde Awofadeju, for allegedly tricking a contestant to a royal stool to part with N420,000.

Armed officials of the NSCDC stormed the herbalist’s shrine at the Ogunda area of Ogbagbaa, on the way to Iwo, from where he was arrested and taken to Osogbo.

The suspect was said to have charged his client N980,000 to enable the prince ascend the throne whether there was opposition against him or not.

The herbalist was said to have told his client that the sacrifice would require two Inaki- igboro (urban dwelling gorillas).

It was gathered that the intention to include Inaki- igboro ─ which means human beings ─ in the sacrifice made the prince to alert the NSCDC which arrested Awofadeju.

Awofadeju, a native of Ilesa, said he started defrauding people after he was duped when he was into cocoa trade.

He said, “I started this herbalist work about eight years ago after I was duped by some people when I was into cocoa trade in Ilesa.”

He said he used his sales representatives, who hawked concoctions, to bring him clients.

The Commandant of the Osun State Command of the NSCDC, Mr. Tajudeen Balogun, said Awofadeji would be charged to court very soon.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/herbalist-arrested-for-duping-contestant-to-royal-stool/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by KenJak(m): 6:53am On Jul 13, 2015
OKAY
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by obiZEAL(m): 6:54am On Jul 13, 2015
before na only pastors dey job, now babalawo don join...this Buhari seff

1 Like

Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by vanen2: 6:57am On Jul 13, 2015
What more can one expect. Jesus is the only one that fails not.

1 Like

Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 13, 2015
[b][/b]ogun and osun with crisis be Abo.ki and shawama
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Tallesty1(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2015
obiZEAL:
Wetin concern buhari here?

1 Like

Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by delishpot: 7:17am On Jul 13, 2015
Well, I thank the prince for not going ahead to bring the inaki igboro. Many desperate men will bring it and wastr lives for no reason.

3 Likes

Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Omooba77: 9:23am On Jul 13, 2015
delishpot:
Well, I thank the prince for not going ahead to bring the inaki igboro. Many desperate men will bring it and wastr lives for no reason.
new terminilogy inaki igboro ahhaaa.God have mercy.The love of money destroying the whole world

2 Likes

Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by veekid(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2015
herbalist Sha
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by jackdaniels(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2015
Nigeria don CHANGE.. Lol
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by allanphash7(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2015
How about fake pastors who hide under the canopy of your jesus?
vanen2:
What more can one expect. Jesus is the only one that fails not.

1 Like

Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Georgekyrian(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2015
Mogbe!!
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Iamdagreatguy(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2015
why consulting herbalist for royal stool.. Desperado
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by sunnyanet(m): 11:06am On Jul 13, 2015
Na God get power
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Venice789: 11:07am On Jul 13, 2015
grin 9ja my country
obiZEAL:
wetin be buhari own nah
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by MKO4ever(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2015
funny
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by JBismarck(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2015
[center]I think it's high time govt started looking into the activities of these herbalists, pastors, imams etc. I'm not talking to Osun State o, I'm talking to states with govt.[/center]
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Chamber10(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2015
The name of the herbalist is Babatunde Awofadeju.... shocked shocked. Your mates are making Naija proud, you are there duping our people. angry angry
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by jerflakes(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2015
I HOPE THE CONTESTANT WAS ALSO ARRESTED?
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2015
Business man
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by NoRetreat(m): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2015
Good for a desperado looking for power, wealth and authourity by all means. Thank God that he has rethink before hacking two innocent persons to death. God save us from all these devils pretending to be leaders.
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by Oscar4real(m): 11:11am On Jul 13, 2015
Naija...... grin
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by asumo12: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2015
undecided
Oscar4real:
Naija...... grin
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by iphanyiuma(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2015
#onlyinnigeria. gringringrin
Re: Herbalist Arrested For Duping Contestant To Royal Stool by partho(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2015
you guys re always too fast to comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Storms A Man's Home Guarded By Tiger, See What Happened Next / NDLEA Seizes Illicit Drug Consignment At MMIA, Intercepts 5 Pregnant Teenagers / Photos: EFCC Arrest Nine For illegal dealing In Petroleum products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.