Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? (69055 Views)

Here Is When NYSC 2017 Batch A Stream II Is Going To Camp / Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by lucky032(m): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
KingsJohnson:
Fellow Nairalanders, pls i do have a friend who will be graduating come this October, but he is indecisive whether to go for NYSC or leave the shores of Nigeria for greener pasture.

Then my question is whether there is any implication for not going to Youth Service?

There is and there is not
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by ogba20: 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
donjuviam:
the implication will be known to him when he need d......
. If u knw talk stp all this childish talk. All i knw is that most companies believes any body can jus get certificate in naija but discharged letter is not like that.i stand to be corrected that body remains one of the most disciplined in nigeria.
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by TheDauraMallam: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
Police Job nko?
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
I hate that scheme called NYSC

Like why the Heck do I have to serve Nigeria angry

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Tobetoe(m): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
Serve ur country Bro, it helps . There ar greener pastures @ my village *winks*

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Christianwalase: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
Baldmarv:
IF one doesn't serve his nation, he wont be eligible for government Jobs or even any meaningful company in Nigeria...skip NYSC if you dont ever plan to look for work in Nigeria!
U SAY WHAT U DONT KNOW, HOW OLD ARE U?
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by slowice(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
What abt exemption letter......since he doesn't want to spend a whole year doing notin
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Hidentity(m): 12:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
KingsJohnson:

if thatz d case, then no cause 4 alarm cus dis guy got talent lyk devil, so in few years 2 cum, government n job wil be d one looking 4 him n not d oda way round.

Oh, really? He got talent? And those serving do not? He got talent, he won't need his talent promoted? He won't need an avenue to showcase it? He won't sell his talent?

Read over your point again and see the great weakness in it. That reason is too petty.
KingsJohnson:

if thatz d case, then no cause 4 alarm cus dis guy got talent lyk devil, so in few years 2 cum, government n job wil be d one looking 4 him n not d oda way round.

Oh, really? He got talent? And those serving do not? He got talent, he won't need his talent promoted? He won't need an avenue to showcase it? He won't sell his talent?

Read over your point again and see the great weakness in it. That reason is too petty.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by djcrooky(m): 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
KingsJohnson:

Lol, have you met life before?

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by olaolulazio(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Non if his legs are long.
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Pope22(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
I didn't do that thing called NYSC, it didn't prevent me from gettin a job.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by donwise1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
* No government work both federal, state, and LG for the person
* No swag as a graduate
* Some people will question ur successful graduation from school
* No NYSC experience stories wen u get older
* No alawee...( change) grin
* etcetc cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by temitemi1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
What of the person above 30 grin grin grin
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by emmatok(m): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
KingsJohnson:
Fellow Nairalanders, pls i do have a friend who will be graduating come this October, but he is indecisive whether to go for NYSC or leave the shores of Nigeria for greener pasture.

Then my question is whether there is any implication for not going to Youth Service?

Let him apply for exemption, he will still get his certificate and get better JOB(public or private sector).

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
mujiboy:
Devil get Talent?
Before nko, dey dere nah
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by KingsJohnson(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
mujiboy:
Devil get Talent?
Before nko, dey dere nah
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Lakeland4321: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
It amazes me the level of ignorance on this topic, firstly if you graduate below the age of 30 you are duty bound to serve,you can postpone it by enrolling for another academic program but u must eventually serve your motherland except you are above 30yrs by graduation you will be issued exemption cert. So tell ur friend it is not an option except he is not interested in working,schooling or contesting elective offices in naija

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
You can always buy your NYSC certificate. And its even cheap. Compared to the lots of money you waste executing such useless programs.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by kmaxx(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Cutehector:
Depends on hw old he is nw.. He can go for greener pastures abroad.. And come bak and do his nysc anytime he wishes provided that the age at which he graduated from university is not more that 30years..

Suppose I graduate @ age 30? So, No NYSC xperience, photos 2 share n cert. 4 me?
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by hassymo5(m): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Since the NYSC decree also says: “There cannot be employment anywhere in the federation for any university graduate except on the production of the discharge certificate or exemption certificate issued by the Directorate of the National Youth Service Corps, the management of the corps should as a matter of constitutionality review the obnoxious policy it used to deny thousands of graduates the opportunity of serving their fatherland during the Batch A mobilization exercise conducted nationwide in the coming Batch B and subsequent mobilization exercises in the country.
NYSC Decree

SECTION 12
1. For the purposes of employment anywhere in the Federation and before employment, it shall be the duty of every prospective employer to demand and obtained from any person who claims to have obtained his first degree at the end of the academic year 1973-74 or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent academic year the following-
a. a copy of the Certificate of National Service of such person issued pursuant to section 11 of this Decree
b. a copy of any exemption certificate issued to such person pursuant to section 17 of this Decree
c. such other particulars relevant there to as may be prescribed by or under this Decree
2. It shall also be the duty of every employer to produce on demand to police officer, not below the rank of an Assistant Superintendent of Police, any such certificate and particulars or copies thereof

u can choose which you think is best for u!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by emmatok(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
donwise1:
* No government work both federal, state, and LG for the person
* No swag as a graduate
* Some people will question ur successful graduation from school
* No NYSC experience stories wen u get older
* No alawee...( change) grin
* etcetc cheesy

If you really value your future there is no need wasting one year jumping updownup in the name of NYSC.

Just get exemption Certificate and start your life after school.
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by kmaxx(m): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lakeland4321:
It amazes me the level of ignorance on this topic, firstly if you graduate below the age of 30 you are duty bound to serve,you can postpone it by enrolling for another academic program but u must eventually serve your motherland except you are above 30yrs by graduation you will be issued exemption cert. So tell ur friend it is not an option except he is not interested in working,schooling or contesting elective offices in naija

Copied!
So, graduating above 30 n getting an exemption letter equals me with the fella who has served? Meaning I can still contest for elective offices?
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by missKiffy(f): 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
KingsJohnson:

It's best to do it cause somtin might come up in the future that you will need it for, even if he doesn't serve let him try and get an exemption cert

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Tomasboy(m): 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
KingsJohnson:

If you dont go for NYSC, you wont av d opportunity to snap picturess with ur mates dat go for it. . . .dat d difference grin cheesy
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
Whatz d essense sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Baboo13(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
ololololoo:
no gist to tell noni, there is nothing more

LOL
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Terabyteck(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
No Kwansequence...
Speaking in Buhari's voice
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by fabulous01(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
KingsJohnson:

depending on your age at graduation... and if you Don't Wish Just get your exemption Certificate of letter of exemption.... the duo qualifies you to hold any Choice position in Power... make sure your Primary school certificate is in tact.... Don't let them say we Don't have your Credentials! best of Luck....
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by remirez07(m): 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
KingsJohnson:

I would advice him to do it because it has his own path to every citizen. You must serve ur father's land aร graduate.... With nysc u r uncompleted graduate.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by emmatok(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2015
kmaxx:

Copied!
So, graduating above 30 n getting an exemption letter equals me with the fella who has served? Meaning I can still contest for elective offices?

YES
Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by prettyJoy22(f): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? by Adeboyefa(f): 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2015
kmaxx:

Suppose I graduate @ age 30? So, No NYSC xperience, photos 2 share n cert. 4 me?
You'll get an exemption certificate which works as well as a discharge certificate for those who graduated before 30.

Olufemiolaolu:
No big deal he can collect an exemption letter.
What if he graduated before 30? Can he get an exemption cert after turning 30?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Katsina / We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests / NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.