Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 (28595 Views)

FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers / Fayose Seen Checking Licenses Of Motorists In The State (Photos) / NNPC slashes crude buyers from 43 to 16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Ndlistic(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2015
The Federal Government has issued licenses to import refine petroleum products to 29 marketers in a bid to end the fuel scarcity witnessed across the country.

The third quarter approval for import allocations to 29marketers signaled a significant reduction in the number of marketers previous issued with such allocations.

Previously, 43 marketers were given import allocation but the significant reduction may be seen as a way of blocking leakages in oil andgas sector as promised by President Muhammadu Buhari.The 29 marketers include the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) which in the last couple of months struggled to sustain supply.

It was gathered that the approval was given by President Muhammadu Buhari to the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) to allow NNPC and other oil marketers to import fuel into the country this quarter.

The third quarter import allocation is thought to be around 1.6 million metric tonnes of petrol, a source in PPPRA disclosed.

NNPC,NIPCO Plc, Oando Plc, Conoil, Mobil Oil, Masters Energy, Techno Oil and Folawiyo Oil and Gas, Total Nigeria Plc and Mobil Oil Plc are some of the companies granted imported allocations.

Although the PPPRA was yet to issue an official statement on the third quarter import allocation, another source in PPPRA said the agency now expects major oil marketers to resume importation of petrol after extracting a promise from the government that outstanding claims on subsidies will be paid.

An industry source who pleaded anonymity confirmed the allocation to the Tribune Online in a telephone conversation."We got our allocation on Friday and I'm sure there are 29 of us as against the previous 43 marketers issued licenses to import," he said.

Source:http://tribuneonlineng.com/fg-slashes-import-licenses-oil-marketers-43-29
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Williamso(m): 8:29am On Jul 13, 2015
This is good news. I hope due diligence was undertaken before the issuance of these 29 licenses. Gone should be the days where paper companies that can't even boast of a physical location or any logistic equipment are given import licenses...

Fire the refineries, reduce PMS import quota.

God bless Nigeria
God bless the presidency

62 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by midolian(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2015
Sai Buhari!

Wisdom is not for sale. Den no dey sell am for market

#NoMoreGhostMarketers

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Olamitisoji(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2015
ok
Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Ridwanna(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2015
Great move

Dem do varnish small small be dat

Sai Buhari !!!!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by LagosBoi2(m): 8:35am On Jul 13, 2015
President Buhari has continue to work for the benefit of all Nigerians and some saTANic elements continues to rant instead of praying for this great man to succeed in bringing about the Change that will elevate us to the real Nigerian standard

God Bless PMB/PYO

God Bless Nigeria

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Princecalm(m): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2015
and a sentimental blinded fellow will tell me he can't see the change.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Tallesty1(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2015
Very Good.

16 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by disloman(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2015
More to come.PMB we trust.

22 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by midolian(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2015
Princecalm:
how do u xpect them to see the change? When their sense of reasoning hav bn beclouded by misplaced hate. As long as the well meaning Nigerians can see and feel the CHANGE, baba is fine.

57 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 13, 2015
Williamso:
This is good news. I hope due diligence was undertaken before the issuance of these 29 licenses. Gone should be the days where paper companies that can't even boast of a physical location or any logistic equipment are given import licenses...

Fire the refineries, reduce PMS import quota.

God bless Nigeria
God bless the presidency

Due diligence
Empowering his fellow cattle men and their slaves while cutting off SS/SE?

Nnamdi Kalu, may your fellowship grow.
We have to end this rubbish!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
how do u xpect them to see the change? When their sense of reasoning hav bn beclouded with misplaced hate. As long as the well meaning Nigerians can see and feel the CHANGE, baba is fine.
so this is change?
Mere speculation, has d president put those jets for sale?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Princecalm(m): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
how do u xpect them to see the change? When their sense of reasoning haz bn beclouded with misplaced hate.
they will have to continue watching PBM do things as it ought to be.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by midolian(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

so this is change?
Mere speculation, has d president put those jets for sale?
ibukutoroh abi wetin be ds ya moniker sef, na how many times u wan quote me today? Abi u see me for ya dream? grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by AustineE1: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2015
Princecalm:
some of you are more like mere robots,PMB slashes oil marketers from 43 to 29,which may not ve been out of good intentions or even if it was for good, lets atleast wait and see how it imparts on us first before screaming 'chanji'!
I wont be surprise if his media officer comes out to deny it tomorrow,of course we all know that policy reversal or outright denial is the hallmark of his government.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Princecalm(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2015
AustineE1:

some of you are more like mere robots,PMB slashes oil marketers from 43 to 29,which may not ve been out of good intentions or even if it was for good, lets atleast wait and see how it imparts on us first before screaming 'chanji'!
I wont be surprise if his media officer comes out to deny it tomorrow,of course we all know that policy reversal or outright denial is the hallmark of his government.
am sorry if you can't see any change in this and what do you mean by saying we should wait and see if it is for good?

15 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
ibukutoroh abi wetin be ds ya moniker sef, na how many times u wan quote me today? Abi u see me for ya dream? grin grin
holy ghost fire
fire, fire, fire, fire fireeeeeeeeee.
Blood of Jesus.
Sprinkles holy water....
I bind, i subdue, i cast, i reject evils evils, all evils in form of janjawids....

6 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Williamso(m): 8:54am On Jul 13, 2015
post=35802693:
Due diligence

Until you can prove that due diligence wasn't followed, and no SS/SE was given an import license, you do not even deserve to be mentioned undecided

17 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by midolian(m): 8:55am On Jul 13, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

holy ghost fire
fire, fire, fire, fire fireeeeeeeeee.
Blood of Jesus.
Sprinkles holy water....
I bind, i subdue, i cast, i reject evils evils, all evils in form of janjawids....
cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by doublewisdom: 8:56am On Jul 13, 2015
Wey the complete list? I hope Capital Oil dey there sha!

17 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by asha80(m): 8:58am On Jul 13, 2015
kelvin100:

Due diligence

who owns masters energy,nipco and techno oil?

13 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:59am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
bobo hw far na? U don see chanji.... Its well o....

3 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by midolian(m): 9:07am On Jul 13, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bobo hw far na?
U don see chanji....
Its well o....
oboi, I complete o! The change dey come small small. Sofily sofily catchee monkey. We ll soon get there, broda grin

6 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:10am On Jul 13, 2015
midolian:
oboi, I complete o! The change dey come small small. Sofily sofily catchee monkey. We ll soon get there, broda grin
isoryt, we r watching ooo.
My goggle dey on standby.
Hv a lovely day, n dont curse awa hero today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by hurricaneChris: 9:16am On Jul 13, 2015
This might be time to punish Capital Oil for their role during campaign.
I hope his license wasn't revoked though.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by midolian(m): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

isoryt, we r watching ooo.
My goggle dey on standby.
Hv a lovely day, n dont curse awa hero today.
thanks.. U 2..I promise I won't grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by stevecantrell: 9:34am On Jul 13, 2015
Ghost importers have been milking this country dry for ages. This is welcome news, I only hope Femi Adeshina won't come out to deny this tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 13, 2015
kelvin100:

Due diligence

U talk anyhow...
Y?

4 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by ERCROSS(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2015
kelvin100:

Due diligence Empowering his fellow cattle men and their slaves while cutting off SS/SE?
Nnamdi Kalu, may your fellowship grow. We have to end this rubbish!
one bit of sense... u dnt have..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by Ofunaofu: 9:59am On Jul 13, 2015
Baba is doing things as it ought to be done

3 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 by chamboy(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2015
Where is OREMUSSANCTUS....
Are u still looking for change

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki Sacks State Worker For Testifying Against Party In Election Case / Why North Won’t Allow Nnamdi Kanu Go On – Unongo, Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Gov Abdulrazaq Sacks Driver for Careless Handling Of Suspected COVID-19 Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.