Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow (19224 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging / 4 Common Mistakes People Often Make When They Start Blogging / Want To Start Blogging? I Will Help You Setup A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by 9aijaboi(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2015
Nice post tho but it is a long post with little information #nodisrespecttho

3 Likes

Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by aywhy93(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2015
[size=14pt]With all the things the OP posted... I can conclude that the OP is not a real Blogger (maybe he is just a Copy n Paste Blogger undecided or probably a Blog owner angry ). There are differences between a Blogger and Blog owner. Briefly, a Blogger is someone who Blogs and know almost everything about Blogging (including lil SEO and the technical parts) while a Blog owner is someone who just post articles on his blog and get freelancers to make changes and redesign his/her blog.

It's not possible to start a Blog today and start making money tomorrow... Even if Linda Ikeji should start a new Blog afresh today, she can't make money tomorrow cuz there are so many things required to be successful in Blogging, most especially in this era where the Blogging biz is so overcrowded and where there are more Blogs than readers.

For those that have the mind to blog and make money with it... You need enough patience and you have to learn and read blogging-related articles on blogs like www.stevenbergy.com.ng www.mybloggertricks.com and www.ogbongeblog.com . Rome wasn't built a day ! Cheers!!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by adexmuhyi(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2015
Pls how can i create a blog?
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by Orikinla(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2015
Like Nigerians Report Online is making millions on http://www.nigeriansreport.com/
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by aywhy93(m): 10:18am On Jul 13, 2015
adexmuhyi:
Pls how can i create a blog?

you can create a blog on www.blogger.com
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by AreaFada2: 10:22am On Jul 13, 2015
ndubisik:
Due to popular demand, here is my complete step-by-step guide I wrote on how to start a blog. Note that this post could get very long, so please be sure to bookmark it so you can always come back and make reference to it. This post will be updated from time to time so I make sure the content stays fresh just the way you like it.

This post is dedicated to Nnamdi, and Abdul, who’s been asking for advice on how to build the best blog. I hope this post helps you. Good luck dominating your niche! Hopefully, one day you’ll be making millions from it. It will definitely change your life!

Contents

Try not to skip any sections if you’re just starting out. You’ll thank me for it!

How I got into the world of blogging

I started blogging in the year 2011. Back then I didn’t know much about it and so I had to make do with the little information available to me at the time. My first blog was about technology and phones. I wasn’t making any money from the site but I wasn’t bothered much, seeing that I didn’t spend a dime on it as I was using the Blogger platform.

I spent hours and hours every day uploading content and tinkering with the site. It was my first baby and so I pampered it a lot. I began to get worried over time as the time I put into the blog wasn’t yielding any sensible results. Very few comments were coming in, my traffic was rising and falling and I thought all I needed to keep on doing was updating posts and it will eventually work out.

That was when I heard of AdSense. Finally, a way to make money from my efforts! After going through a rather rigorous process to get my AdSense approved (that’s a story for another day), I thought finally now the money will come rolling in. Still, AdSense proved me wrong. I wasn’t making any sensible money from the system.

That was where I knew I was doing something wrong. I stopped updating my blog in October the next year and decided to take the time off to learn the basics of blogging and how to make money from it. I didn’t want to make peanuts anymore. I wanted an income that will justify all the hours I had been spending. So I went in search of that information, spent a few bucks here and there in the process.

During my months of research and learning I discovered many things I didn’t know about blogging and learned from other people who had made the same mistakes too. So I decided to put all my knowledge and past experience together under one platform and to help other bloggers plus people who are new to blogging to achieve their goals.

Maybe you’re blogging because of the money, or you’re like Abdul and you want to dominate your niche. The advice I give here is basically a guide in the right direction and sort of a road-map for newbies who want to achieve huge success in blogging.

Ok, let’s begin, shall we?

Choosing the right niche – Miss this step and don’t bother about blogging.

I keep getting questions about choice of niche for blogging. To make this post as short as possible, I’m going to summarize what it is all about. You have to locate a need that people are willing and able to pay money for, and then provide a solution to that problem.

Read also: How to find a profitable niche for your blog

After choosing a niche, you need to find keywords related to that niche that people are searching about. A free tool for doing this is Google’s keyword planner tool. I can also carry out keyword research for you if it’s too much trouble but you need to know the basics first.

Now about interest in your niche, this tends to cause arguments. Some people argue that you should only blog about what you love while others say you should focus on the money. For me, I suggest you find a balance between what you love and what people are willing to pay for.

If there are already people in your niche, you need to study what they are doing to know how they are making progress and also to detect areas where you can do better than them.

Source: http://oyamakemoney.com/start-a-blog-today/

cc lalasticlala

Interesting
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 13, 2015
Nice post

Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by ANGELMARVE(m): 10:25am On Jul 13, 2015
AreaFada2:

Interesting
u mumu nor b small
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by cityAdventures: 10:28am On Jul 13, 2015
Ok...

Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by walemadu: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2015
blogging is good. but want helps the most is having original content

Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by adexmuhyi(m): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2015
aywhy93:

you can create a blog on www.blogger.com
...Its in you
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by Revolva(m): 10:34am On Jul 13, 2015
I beg check my two blogs below
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by aywhy93(m): 10:35am On Jul 13, 2015
adexmuhyi:
...Its in you
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by DanWrites(m): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2015
NairaMode:

Please you cannot start blogging today and start making money tomorrow.
Whoever brought this to the home page is an accomplice of the Op I suppose.
Or the Mod and the Op are scammers...
It looks like all these adverts saying "How to make 890 dollars in 24 hours"

You will blog (if you have carved a niche for yourself) for at least (best case scenario) months before you start making a penny.
So true. We started 'seeing something' on www.dnbstories.com after about six months...it's never that easy.
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by Brytawon(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2015
Blog.
Blogger.
Bloggest...
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by jimsin2081(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1c7-RSkhxo

Nigeria, are you ready for the next big thing?

Believe me; words cannot convey the potential opportunities bookorrent.com.ng has brought to every business owner or service provider in Nigeria. The ecommerce industry you thought you knew has mounted a new pedestal. This is different and all encompassing. bookorrent.com.ng is an online marketplace where businesses, professionals and artisans can project a 360 degree view of their businesses by renting an online shop, workshop or office at an affordable annual rate (as low as N3, 000 per year -Offer lasts till August 7th, 2015).
Also, both business owners and end users can make up to N200, 000 monthly by referring other businesses and service providers to the website. (Click here to sign up for the referral campaign - http://www.bookorrent.com.ng/referrals)

On bookorrent.com.ng, Business owners can:

1. Showcase their services and products to millions of customers with nationwide delivery.
2. List their facilities and equipment for booking and renting
3. Showcase their past projects and upload upcoming events
4. List their staff and their respective expertise.
5. Create Deals and Promos to generate more sales
6. Receive both online and offline payments
7. Share their thoughts with their personal blog
8. Make new contacts on the bookorrent.com.ng online business forum and much more.

Customers are also not left behind as bookorrent.com.ng allows them to:

1. Purchase products at affordable rate and receive delivery nationwide.
2. Hire and rate Service Providers
3. Create contests and receive proposals from service providers in minutes
4. Operate an E-wallet which is tied to their bank account
5. And make loads of cash by referring business owners and service providers to the platform

So do you want visibility for your business? Having a website is a good idea but being part of an online marketplace IS THE NEXT BIG THING. Sign up Now (http://www.bookorrent.com.ng/signup).
For more information, get in touch with us on 08032532634, 08160609737, 08037984358, and 08168583851. Follow us on Facebook/Instagram: bookorrent, Twitter: @Bookorrentng. You can also visit our official blog – blog.bookorrent.com.ng
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by Freiburger(m): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2015
paldisui:

Enemy . . . they need to survive na
As you you no get something else to do with your Internet. oya keep blogging and carrying fake news grin grin wink
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by AreaFada2: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2015
ANGELMARVE:
u mumu nor b small

Which cave in a thick forest dem for bring this one come out again? You think everyone is jobless like you? Abeg park well.

Abeg remain in your usual romance and falling in love with every girl section.

I blame those giving free megabytes and Chinese making cheap phones.
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by adexmuhyi(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2015
aywhy93:

What's in me ? shocked You mean Intelligence and big brain ? grin
The inverse
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by weyreypey: 11:06am On Jul 13, 2015
aywhy93:
[size=14pt]With all the things the OP posted... I can conclude that the OP is not a real Blogger (maybe he is just a Copy n Paste Blogger undecided or probably a Blog owner angry ). There are differences between a Blogger and Blog owner. Briefly, a Blogger is someone who Blogs and know almost everything about Blogging (including lil SEO and the technical parts) while a Blog owner is someone who just post articles on his blog and get freelancers to make changes and redesign his/her blog.

It's not possible to start a Blog today and start making money tomorrow... Even if Linda Ikeji should start a new Blog afresh today, she can't make money tomorrow cuz there are so many things required to be successful in Blogging, most especially in this era where the Blogging biz is so overcrowded and where there are more Blogs than readers.

For those that have the mind to blog and make money with it... You need enough patience and you have to learn and read blogging-related articles on blogs like www.stevenbergy.com.ng www.mybloggertricks.com and www.ogbongeblog.com . Rome wasn't built a day ! Cheers!!![/size]
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by aywhy93(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2015
adexmuhyi:
The inverse

Because I answered your question ? undecided
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by ANGELMARVE(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2015
AreaFada2:

Which cave in a thick forest dem for bring this one come out again? You think everyone is jobless like you? Abeg park well.

Abeg remain in your usual romance and falling in love with every girl section.

I blame those giving free megabytes and Chinese making cheap phones.
U MUMU NOR B SMALL
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by DJBIGGY(m): 11:24am On Jul 13, 2015
ndubisik:
Due to popular demand, here is my complete step-by-step guide I wrote on how to start a blog. Note that this post could get very long, so please be sure to bookmark it so you can always come back and make reference to it. This post will be updated from time to time so I make sure the content stays fresh just the way you like it.

This post is dedicated to Nnamdi, and Abdul, who’s been asking for advice on how to build the best blog. I hope this post helps you. Good luck dominating your niche! Hopefully, one day you’ll be making millions from it. It will definitely change your life!

Contents

Try not to skip any sections if you’re just starting out. You’ll thank me for it!

How I got into the world of blogging
Bros its not only about finding the right niche oooo... Nigerians these days are comfortable with already people.... you can introduce some one to you blog (be it entertainment or educative) and claim they are in support but dump it once you are not there... to be popular i think it is better you focus on content first... let your work speak for you

I started blogging in the year 2011. Back then I didn’t know much about it and so I had to make do with the little information available to me at the time. My first blog was about technology and phones. I wasn’t making any money from the site but I wasn’t bothered much, seeing that I didn’t spend a dime on it as I was using the Blogger platform.

I spent hours and hours every day uploading content and tinkering with the site. It was my first baby and so I pampered it a lot. I began to get worried over time as the time I put into the blog wasn’t yielding any sensible results. Very few comments were coming in, my traffic was rising and falling and I thought all I needed to keep on doing was updating posts and it will eventually work out.

That was when I heard of AdSense. Finally, a way to make money from my efforts! After going through a rather rigorous process to get my AdSense approved (that’s a story for another day), I thought finally now the money will come rolling in. Still, AdSense proved me wrong. I wasn’t making any sensible money from the system.

That was where I knew I was doing something wrong. I stopped updating my blog in October the next year and decided to take the time off to learn the basics of blogging and how to make money from it. I didn’t want to make peanuts anymore. I wanted an income that will justify all the hours I had been spending. So I went in search of that information, spent a few bucks here and there in the process.

During my months of research and learning I discovered many things I didn’t know about blogging and learned from other people who had made the same mistakes too. So I decided to put all my knowledge and past experience together under one platform and to help other bloggers plus people who are new to blogging to achieve their goals.

Maybe you’re blogging because of the money, or you’re like Abdul and you want to dominate your niche. The advice I give here is basically a guide in the right direction and sort of a road-map for newbies who want to achieve huge success in blogging.

Ok, let’s begin, shall we?

Choosing the right niche – Miss this step and don’t bother about blogging.

I keep getting questions about choice of niche for blogging. To make this post as short as possible, I’m going to summarize what it is all about. You have to locate a need that people are willing and able to pay money for, and then provide a solution to that problem.

Read also: How to find a profitable niche for your blog

After choosing a niche, you need to find keywords related to that niche that people are searching about. A free tool for doing this is Google’s keyword planner tool. I can also carry out keyword research for you if it’s too much trouble but you need to know the basics first.

Now about interest in your niche, this tends to cause arguments. Some people argue that you should only blog about what you love while others say you should focus on the money. For me, I suggest you find a balance between what you love and what people are willing to pay for.

If there are already people in your niche, you need to study what they are doing to know how they are making progress and also to detect areas where you can do better than them.

Source: http://oyamakemoney.com/start-a-blog-today/

cc lalasticlala
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by richkal(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2015
Bro thanks for this wonderful post, more grease to your elbow. Please, try to include step by step example in your posts in order to aid better understand by the newbies. Also, it would be more beneficiary if you can add proof of your blog earn. Thanks
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by adexmuhyi(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2015
aywhy93:

Because I answered your question ? undecided
givin a novice like me a wrong answer is like askin me to swallaw a rat poison because i swallowed a rat... ur silence is even beta...
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by dani3(m): 11:34am On Jul 13, 2015
nice one...following
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by aywhy93(m): 11:43am On Jul 13, 2015
adexmuhyi:
givin a novice like me a wrong answer is like askin me to swallaw a rat poison because i swallowed a rat... ur silence is even beta...

Ooh, you're a novice indeed... You asked a question about creating a blog and I said you can create a blog on www.blogger.com giving you the best answer to your question and you are still insulting me. I just hope you progress in life with that type of attitude. Best of luck !

1 Like

Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by adexmuhyi(m): 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
aywhy93:

Ooh, you're a novice indeed... You asked a question about creating a blog and I said you can create a blog on www.blogger.com giving you the best answer to your question and you are still insulting me. I just hope you progress in life with that type of attitude. Best of luck !
the link is directin me to create a google account only. owkay boss, broda A.Y, e help me now
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by ndubisik(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2015
jmoore:
Op, how much have you made?

undecided

Blogging isn't for everybody. It certainly isn't for you if you don't think you can make it

1 Like

Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by ndubisik(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
feldido:
Ok ooo... Everyday blogging,must everyone blog?

Everybody mustn't blog, but since everybody wants to have money and live a comfortable life, if blogging can give you that chance, why won't you take it?
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by ndubisik(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
Afrocatalyst:
That easy?

No it certainly isn't THAT easy...you've got to put some work into it
Re: How To Start Blogging Today And Make Money Tomorrow by ndubisik(m): 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
veekid:
blogging aint easy if u can't gossip, who come get time?

There are many people even here in Nigeria who make money blogging without gossiping. Blogging doesn't take as much time as most people spend on social media in a day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ask Any Question On Blogging, SEO, Web & Social Media - OnlineMercenaries / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng / How Do Mobile Apps Earn??? (whatsapp,2go & other)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.