Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Lg G3, Anyone??? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lg G3, Anyone??? (6058 Views)

Which Should I Go For: Tecno C9 Or Lg G3 / Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs Lg G3 Vs Sony Z2 / How Do I Spot A Fake LG G3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by kellystech(m): 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2015
donhils:

I want a new phone but just don't like S5, can't afford s6 and LG G4, xperia z2 screen and back scratches easily cos it doesn't have gorilla glass and charges very slowly, G3 is scarce. Don't know what to do again.
go for galaxy A5 very nice phone that's what using
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
refreshrate:

seek the G3 still your best bet, sebi someone advertised one here earlier?
It's the best jor...but I'm not buying 2nd hand. The one the guy advertised was 2nd hand.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
kellystech:
go for galaxy A5 very nice phone that's what using
I.2gig processor plus 2300mah ba3 mba no way. I'm looking for high end phone.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
Bratking:

You can always go for one of those Chinese brands like Huawei, Umi and Elephone.
I already have one... Infinix Hot Note pro but can only serve as my 3rd phone. I have 2nd and 3rd now, looking for 1st.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by refreshrate: 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
donhils:

It's the best jor...but I'm not buying 2nd hand. The one the guy advertised was 2nd hand.

Correct guy!

Please forgive me for my wrong assumption
Where are you located?
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by refreshrate: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
donhils:

I.2gig processor plus 2300mah ba3 mba no way. I'm looking for high end phone.

I dey feel this guy gan.

Tell me where youre located let me see if i can direct you jare.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 7:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
refreshrate:

I dey feel this guy gan.

Tell me where youre located let me see if i can direct you jare.

Awka, Anambra state.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by basille(m): 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2015
I used this phone for some month before the real owners collected it from me. Everything about it was great. One of the best android phones i have used so far.

1 Like

Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by refreshrate: 9:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
donhils:
Awka, Anambra state.
Shet mehn! You get person for lag?
That location go hard small o
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 12:38am On Jul 31, 2015
refreshrate:

Shet mehn!
You get person for lag?

That location go hard small o
No. But if I'm in Lagos do you know anywhere genuine place I can get original G3 with my correct 2yrs warranty. The price too if you know.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 12:40am On Jul 31, 2015
basille:
I used this phone for some month before the real owners collected it from me. Everything about it was great. One of the best android phones i have used so far.
Why didn't you get it again?
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by basille(m): 1:01am On Jul 31, 2015
donhils:

Why didn't you get it again?
Priorities. I'm still an undergraduate.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Darkseid(m): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
Please help me guys.My younger brother bought a UK used at&t G3 today.The phone works very fine but the only problem is that it only detects 2g network.When I switch it to WCDMA only,the signal goes off completely.Any guide to fix this will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Bratking:

My S5 even when on Power saving mode is bright enough, especially on dynamic display mode. The same can't be said of G3 where it becomes so dark that you can barely see anything even when you're indoor.
What version of s5 do u have? The Snapdragon or Exynos version?
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Bratking(m): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
donhils:

What version of s5 do u have? The Snapdragon or Exynos version?
Snapdragon. Better than Exynos models.

Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
Bratking:

Snapdragon. Better than Exynos models.
How come you got the Snapdragon version? Everywhere I've seen is the Exynos version.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Bratking(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
donhils:

How come you got the Snapdragon version? Everywhere I've seen is the Exynos version.
Yep, Exynos variant is common in the African market. Doesn't support LTE network(not that it matters in Africa), unlike the Snapdragon variants. Mine is the European model G900f, which currently holds the reputation of being the best of all the GS5 models.

The reason people usually go for the Exynos variant can be split into 2: it's more readily available to customers and it's more affordable than the Snapdragon variants. Snapdragon variants usually ship with 32gb rom BTW, in direct contrast to Exynos' 16gb rom.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 7:29am On Aug 01, 2015
Bratking:

Yep, Exynos variant is common in the African market. Doesn't support LTE network(not that it matters in Africa), unlike the Snapdragon variants. Mine is the European model G900f, which currently holds the reputation of being the best of all the GS5 models.

The reason people usually go for the Exynos variant can be split into 2: it's more readily available to customers and it's more affordable than the Snapdragon variants. Snapdragon variants usually ship with 32gb rom BTW, in direct contrast to Exynos' 16gb rom.
How is the Snapdragon version better than Exynos? Any particular thing it does better?
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Bratking(m): 8:13am On Aug 01, 2015
donhils:

How is the Snapdragon version better than Exynos? Any particular thing it does better?

All in all, they are pretty much identical on stock Kitkat, if you don't put the differing chipsets and rom space into account, until you upgrade to lollipop, then you would start noticing the difference.

S801 variants have better battery backup, doesn't lag, doesn't heat up on heavy use which can be attributed to it's more efficient cpu optimization (inspite of having 4 powerful cores, only 2 get used for most tasks), slightly faster processing speed, download boosting (combination of LTE or 3g network with wlan simultaneously), fast charging (mine goes from 25% to 70% in 25 mins), smart transfer (you can transfer files from your computer to phone without the use of a USB cable: a lollipop feature only exclusive to S801 variants), and smart call (calling someone simply by placing your device to your ears: another feature only exclusive to S801 variants on lollipop).
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2015
Bratking:

All in all, they are pretty much identical on stock Kitkat, if you don't put the differing chipsets and rom space into account, until you upgrade to lollipop, then you would start noticing the difference.

S801 variants have better battery backup, doesn't lag, doesn't heat up on heavy use which can be attributed to it's more efficient cpu optimization (inspite of having 4 powerful cores, only 2 get used for most tasks), slightly faster processing speed, download boosting (combination of LTE or 3g network with wlan simultaneously), fast charging (mine goes from 25% to 70% in 25 mins), smart transfer (you can transfer files from your computer to phone without the use of a USB cable: a lollipop feature only exclusive to S801 variants), and smart call (calling someone simply by placing your device to your ears: another feature only exclusive to S801 variants on lollipop).

So in the end, the S5 lags? U see?
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Bratking(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2015
donhils:

Every smartphone lags in some capacity, some slightly more noticeable than others.

To enjoy your S5, it's highly recommended that you seek out the snapdragon variant, and upon acquisition, proceed to upgrade it to the latest available lollipop firmware, prompto. This should address any lingering software/hardware discrepancies like lag and overheating issues.

On G3, I read somewhere that it tends to freeze up sometimes, and the UI can get jerky when it overheats. The S5 of any model don't do this, even on their worst days.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Femistico(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2015
donhils:

nothing like buying the beast s6...

I'm currently an s4 user buh still saving moni to buy a new fone and dats s6 edge..its a beastly fone..
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Bratking(m): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2015
Darkseid:
Please help me guys.My younger brother bought a UK used at&t G3 today.The phone works very fine but the only problem is that it only detects 2g network.When I switch it to WCDMA only,the signal goes off completely.Any guide to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

That's what you get when you buy all this used phone bullcrap. Your brother should have tried it out with his sim before acquiring it, since it's at&t locked.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
Bratking:

Every smartphone lags in some capacity, some slightly more noticeable than others.

To enjoy your S5, it's highly recommended that you seek out the snapdragon variant, and upon acquisition, proceed to upgrade it to the latest available lollipop firmware, prompto. This should address any lingering software/hardware discrepancies like lag and overheating issues.

On G3, I read somewhere that it tends to freeze up sometimes, and the UI can get jerky when it overheats. The S5 of any model don't do this, even on their worst days.
One good thing about what people read online is that you can read any nonsense because nonsense people can write online too.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2015
Femistico:

nothing like buying the beast s6...

I'm currently an s4 user buh still saving moni to buy a new fone and dats s6 edge..its a beastly fone..
And it's like the s6 doesn't have Snapdragon version?
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Bratking(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2015
donhils:

One good thing about what people read online is that you can read any nonsense because nonsense people can write online too.

I don't think it's nonsense though. Lots of people using G3 wants out, and I don't think it's only because of the crappy battery life.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Bratking(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2015
donhils:

And it's like the s6 doesn't have Snapdragon version?
Samsung went fully native on the S6. Everything, right down to the chipsets were Samsung made. They were trying to prove something to Apple, I guess. The Exynos chipsets they used is top notch and can only be compared to the latest snapdragon chip model, S810. However, from what I was able to glean from the leaked specs of Note 5, Samsung's romance with snapdragon just got better.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
Bratking:

Samsung went fully native on the S6. Everything, right down to the chipsets were Samsung made. They were trying to prove something to Apple, I guess. The Exynos chipsets they used is top notch and can only be compared to the latest snapdragon chip model, S810. However, from what I was able to gleaned from the leaked specs of Note 5, Samsung's romance with snapdragon just got better.
What about s5 duos?
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by Bratking(m): 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
donhils:

What about s5 duos?

S5 duos model is pretty much your typical s5 snapdragon variant but with 2 micro sim slots, that's all.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Bratking:

S5 duos model is pretty much your typical s5 snapdragon variant but with 2 micro sim slots, that's all.
At least that one won't be lagging like the Exynos.
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by maxddude(m): 7:38am On Aug 04, 2015
donhils:

I want a new phone but just don't like S5, can't afford s6 and LG G4, xperia z2 screen and back scratches easily cos it doesn't have gorilla glass and charges very slowly, G3 is scarce. Don't know what to do again.
I've got a New LG G4 for sale . its affordable www.nairaland.com/2474834/brand-new-lg-g4-sale#36229283
Re: Lg G3, Anyone??? by donhils: 10:46am On Aug 04, 2015
maxddude:

I've got a New LG G4 for sale . its affordable www.nairaland.com/2474834/brand-new-lg-g4-sale#36229283
Why would you get a new LG G4 and want to sell it off again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Phones You've Used So Far And Their Fates? / Infinix Hot 7 Unboxing, Specs, Camera Samples, Price & Processor / No Cached Credentials,(error Id:40721)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.