Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,025 members, 7,803,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

My First Time On A Plane - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First Time On A Plane (1635 Views)

A Plane Crashed In Uruguay During Remembrance Of Plane That Crashed In 1972 / 5 Tips To Increase Your Chances Of Surviving A Plane Crash / Video: 2 Algerian Pilots Have Been Suspended For Letting A 10-yr-old Fly A Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Time On A Plane by azeezakande: 11:20am On Jul 13, 2015
I board a plane for the first time in my life, and guess where I was going? I was patiently waiting inside the cooker called Murtala Muhammad International Airport, Lagos Nigeria. There were more Nigerians looking for a handout than there were passengers inside the airport.
The place is full of everything that is not supposed to be found at an international airport.

Security officers with smell of alcohol asking for handouts (bribe - egunje).

I was subject to extra search after the baggage search. An aviation officer took me to a private room for a pat-down; He felt something in my pocket. It was five, one- thousand naira bill.

He quickly took it out of my pocket and told me I would not be using this currency at my final destination.

He pocketed the money for himself and sends me on my way.

We took off after over 3 hours with British Airways.

About an hour into the flight I started having cold sweats in my palms. All of a sudden, my full body is soaked in sweats.

About 4 hours later, we landed in Heathrow Airport in London.

We had 45 Minute stopover in London where I window shop for cars and clothes.

Everything looked so good, and shiny. I saw so many white people walking around; I thought I was already in the U.S.

After a nice break, the once in a lifetime journey continues.

We took off from Heathrow Airport, London to USA.

About an hour into the flight, a flight attendant passes by with a nice looking food on her cart. I told myself wow that must be white people’s food, and I have to try it. I was very excited. She walked past me again, I quickly raised up my index finger.

She asked “can I help you” I replied yes, I want the same food that you have on.…. I mumbled. To avoid embarrassment, I pointed to the food cart, and I said that one. She said with her lovely white voice (accent). “Oh, ok…. But you have to wait till we are serving”. I nodded as she walks away.

It’s serving time; the plane was filled with an unpleasant odor.

A flight attendant walked up to me. She ask “what would I like to eat and drink”. I was confused; this is a different lady.

I pointed to one nice looking food on her tray; I don’t remember if its beef or chicken.

The taste was nothing I have ever tasted. I feel nauseous almost immediately.

Fifteen minute fly by, I started having cold sweat all over again, stomach grumbling, headache, and weariness; I was contemplating of using the bathroom, but the old lady next to me is passed out sleeping.

So I stayed in my seat, telling myself I’ll be OK.

I was not OK’. I vomit all over my clothes, sweating heavily, my hands were shaking, I felt really bad for embarrassing myself, I immediately looked around to see if anyone was watching me, but almost everyone are asleep.

I grabbed my blanket to clean up my clothes, I vomit again.

All the ‘American food’ I had eaten starts pouring out of my mouth. I catch the vomit with my sleeping blanket, which was not enough; I quickly reach over, grabbed the lady's’ blanket next to wipe off the mess.

We both ended up with no blanket, I shoved the messy blankets underneath the seat in front of me. The passenger doesn’t even know it.

We landed in the United State.

1 Like

Re: My First Time On A Plane by Emmatdayo(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2015
Pls who has z10 charger here

1 Like

Re: My First Time On A Plane by tdayof(m): 11:39am On Jul 13, 2015
Emmatdayo:
abeg wetin be today's date?

1 Like

Re: My First Time On A Plane by tdayof(m): 11:39am On Jul 13, 2015
Emmatdayo:
abeg what's today's date
Re: My First Time On A Plane by madmadu(m): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2015
so old are u? ao can a security guard take five thousand from u and u couldn't say any tin??
also, next tym, eat d food u knw... na ojukokoro wey kee u
Re: My First Time On A Plane by austino677(m): 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
Nansense..... angry buy akamu next time
Re: My First Time On A Plane by azeezakande: 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
madmadu:
so old are u? ao can a security guard take five thousand from u and u couldn't say any tin??
also, next tym, eat d food u knw... na ojukokoro wey kee u

17. na 1st time exp. can't say shii
Re: My First Time On A Plane by tdayof(m): 12:02am On Jul 14, 2015
azeezakande:

17. na 1st time exp. can't say shii
age doesn't matter.. Tell them you have nothing on you... No one can stop you from boarding.. Just talk with confidence. JayJustus do they do you like this too?
Re: My First Time On A Plane by JayJustus(m): 2:28am On Jul 14, 2015
tdayof:
age doesn't matter.. Tell them you have nothing on you... No one can stop you from boarding.. Just talk with confidence. JayJustus do they do you like this too?

dem dey craze lol...I dont give em anything but I usually have naira with me...

(1) (Reply)

What's Least Amount I Need To Go To Dubai? / Where Is Owode-Apa Border? / How Much Respect Does The Nigerian Passport Command?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.