Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash (29512 Views)

How Do You Deal With Customers Who Wants To Buy On Credit ? / Withdraw Money From Limited Paypal Account | Bitcoin-Payoneer | iyemikEXchange / Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Adesiji77: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2015
Banks Implement Charges On Cash Withdrawals Nationwide (Cashless Policy)

Deposit money banks in the country have commenced implementation of charges on cash withdrawal in excess of the stated limit.

This is following the end of the suspension of charges on withdrawals for both individual and corporate account holders in 30 states of the federation till July 1, 2015.

The Central Bank of Nigeria had in June 2014 explained that the waiver was to give banks time to deploy adequate infrastructure needed to support the and sensitisation of bank customers on the importance of the policy.

Consequently, messages have been flying from the banks reminding their customers of the nationwide implementation of charges on excess withdraws.

A statement from Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) to it numerous customers reads (We refer to the Central Bank of Nigeria’s (CBN) cashless policy, and the previous communication deferring charges on cash withdrawals above the daily limits, in 30 states of Nigeria till July 1, 2015.

Please be informed that the following modalities which are currently operational in Lagos, Federal Capital Territory (Abuja), Abia, Anambra, Kano, Ogun and Rivers States will now be effective nationwide, including the previously exempted 30 states of Nigeria”.

Cashless-Nigeria

The bank explained that for individual account holders, charges will apply when daily cumulative withdrawals and deposits are in excess of N500,000. For corporate account holders, charges will apply when daily cumulative withdrawals are in excess of N3,000,000

The Cashless policy applies to all accounts including Collection accounts that all sub-accounts linked to the same account holder would be treated as one account for both corporate and individual accounts.

“Kindly note that the above limits apply so far as it involves cash, irrespective of channel i.e. over the counter, ATM, 3rd party cheques cashed over the counter etc. For example, if an individual withdraws N450,000 over the counter, and N150,000 from the ATM on the same day, the total amount withdrawn by the customer is N600,000, and the service charge will apply on N100,000 – the amount above the daily free limit of N500,000″

Exemptions have however been granted on lodgments and withdrawals for accounts operated by Embassies, Diplomatic Missions, Multilateral Agencies, Aid Donor Agencies, Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government (revenue collections only), Microfinance Banks (MFBs) and Primary Mortgage Institutions (PMIs).

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/07/cashless-policy-banks-implement-charges-on-cash-withdrawals-nationwide/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by wachakuta(m): 11:50am On Jul 13, 2015
Ghen Ghen
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by fabiyi78(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2015
Ok I will comment later
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Visocrate(m): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
there is no much money in the bank as I don't keep money in the bank but use it until I finish it so where them want get the one wey them wan charge or deduct from

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
chei.....I almost made front page oooo cry cry
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by exemen: 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
NA RUBBISH JOH......ON TOP MA MONEY...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Neduzze5(m): 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Let them not even play with the 50 billion naira change that I left in my account ooh unless the 70 trillion naira that I wanted to pay into my account, I'll change my mind and dig hole in my compound and bury it there! undecided

26 Likes

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Jeromejnr(m): 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Why did I even book space when I don't even have anything to say sef.

SMH for myself.

Anyways, on top my money again Make dem no try am with me o.

1 Like

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Neduzze5(m): 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
And GTBank din even carry the thing for head!!

Chai! I'm porting straight to Mama Iyabo and Daughters Microfinance bank!

8 Likes

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Ojestas(m): 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Its nothing . . make dem chop my money, i don't care.
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by ogunwalea(m): 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Banks in collaboration with EFCC..... Isokay o smiley

1 Like

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by markpeakson(m): 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Y na, afterall its my money.
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nigeria might become another Greece in-the-making during the Dullard administration. angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry

11 Likes 1 Share

Make dem no worry, as from now in, na under bed I go dey save my money.

No be only dem sabi how to safeguard money!

1 Like

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by ammyluv2002(f): 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
O ga o!
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Sunofgod(m): 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
New World Order Tings . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by yorke1: 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
Wetin happen
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by UnknownT: 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Who was that Northerner that loads of cash were found in his house, was it Bakin Zuwo? I get its high time we moved back to such idea

1 Like

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by immortalvoices(m): 10:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Good move. It will go a long way to curb money Laundry...
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by ifeelgood: 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
OK, i thougth its another season to queue (fight) for 666 again.
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by ZUBY77(m): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
That's right...
N520,000 withdrawal attracted N600 charge on my Diamond Bank account two weeks ago.

So it didn't start today.

Not that it was much but No black man likes to pay for what he didn't use.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by legaxi(m): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Meaning what exactly
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by butterflyy(f): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
I won't let them take M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ money, I ┈̥-̶̶̯̥͡a̶̲̥̅♏ changing t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ underground savings, no time

2 Likes

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hmmmm. Smart idea tho
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
mtcheeewww

Nigerian banks reckoned dat dey might be irrelevant after their BVN trash, so dey had to look for a policy to stare public attention...no matter how obnoxious it may sound.

My money....ur headache!
Hope dey will also penalize dose opening accounts with excess cash!

Ndi-ara!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Famocious(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
Not applicable to broke as$ like me .. embarassed
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Neduzze5(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
butterflyy:
I won't let them take M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ money, I ┈̥-̶̶̯̥͡a̶̲̥̅♏ changing t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ underground savings, no time

Where you dey stay make I come help you set up the underground

4 Likes

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by omanifrank(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
ok
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by Sunday8650: 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
Me and my money can you imagine this thieves.

Our government knows how to make policy that aids corrupt institution and have no positive value on the masses. angry angry angry

Nonsense!!
Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by groundnutoil(m): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
angry

1 Like

Re: Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash by dejt4u(m): 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
End tym signs..
Let's go bk to d tym of TRADE BY BARTER
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Tumbles To 391/dollar / Banks Begin Collection Of Old Naira Notes Despite CBN’s Denial Of Directive / Nestlé Unveils N4.1bn Milo RTD Factory In Ogun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.