Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:05 PM

How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes (5159 Views)

10k Facebook Page Likes For Sale @ 5K / Are Paid Ads Good For Increasing Google Adsense Earnings? / Facebook Introduces ‘Love,’ ‘Wow,’ ‘Haha’, Goes Beyond 'Likes' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by tutusaint(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
Facebook is undoubtedly the biggest and the most popular social networking website in the world. There are over a billion active users and is a great platform to attract potential customers.

If you are a blogger or a marketer, you will have a Facebook page of your blog, your product or of your service. On this page, you might be posting updates in order to gain more followers and get more likes. But if you are still struggling in getting more Facebook likes then you need to read this article till the end.

Why do you need to work on getting more likes?

You might be asking this question.

Well, for starters, if you have a lot of likes on your Facebook page, you can drive a huge amount of traffic to your website or to your products. You can promote other people’s products to make sales and earn money with it.

But the best part is that if your Facebook page has tens of thousands of likes, then people will trust you and feel that the page is representing a brand, which can be really helpful in the long term.

So let’s see the various ways using which you can get more Facebook likes.

Simple Ways to Get Initial Likes

At the beginning of the article, I would like to mention some of the simple methods that you can use to get the initial boost on your Facebook page. These methods are right in front of you and people use them but for some reason, you are not implementing these methods. So let’s begin with the neglected methods.

1. Set Up Your Page Timeline

2. Invite Your Friends

3. Ask Friends To Invite Their Friends:

4. Prepare A Posting Schedule and Stick to It
5. Add Facebook Like Box on your Website

6. Use Facebook as your Page:

How to Get More Facebook Page Likes?

Now that you have learnt the simple ways that you can use to get the initial likes on your Facebook page, it’s time to know how to go ahead from there and expand your reach so that you can attract more and more followers.

7. Use Share for Share (S4S):

Note: This method works only when you have a considerable amount of likes on your Facebook page.

There may be more than a billion pages on Facebook and it’s highly possible that you will find a lot of pages sharing the same type of content that you do.

When you reach a point where you don’t know how to increase the Facebook likes, you need to take the help of your competitors.

Find the same pages as yours and message them to know if they are interested in sharing your page link on their page. Tell them; in return you will do the same. (Share for Share or shout-out-for-shout-out method)

Increase your facebook page likes using S4S Technique.

If you know about Neil Patel’s $100,000 blog challenge, then you would know that he is building a Facebook fan page as well and in the recent update, he mentioned that the page crossed a 100,000 likes by posting quality content and doing shout-out-for-shout-outs.

8. Try to Post at the Best time:

When I say that try to publish a post at the best time, I mean to say that utilize the time when people are most likely to click on your post.

There are both, best days to post an update as well as best time in a day to post an update, for maximum exposure.

The best time to post an update on Facebook is around noon to 1:00 pm and if you want to get more clicks, then you should post an update at 3:00 pm.

Similarly, the best days are Thursdays and Fridays for better engagement and Saturdays for more shares. Combines these timings to create a perfect posting schedule and stick to it.

Know the best time to post an update on Facebook.

9. Use Giveaways and Organize Contests

You can organize a contest on your Facebook fan page and give something away for free to your readers. This will help you in getting more followers because the people that already like your page are going to invite their friends as well to take part in your contest.

You can add a rule that all the participants must like your page in order to be eligible to win the prize.

Here’s an article that explains how you can run a Facebook contest successfully and check out this post to know more about contest ideas to get more likes.

10. Create At Least 2 Pages:

This might be something new for you, it’s new for me as well, but I learnt this strategy from Glen of ViperChill.com.

In his $1000 Facebook guide, he showed that having 2 pages with the same topic and most of the times, the same content can actually increase your Facebook page likes.

You can see the example of CarThrottle and Car Memes Facebook pages, both of them share the same links most of the time and you can clearly see the number of likes they have. They both have more than 1 million likes and the traffic at CarThrottle.com is increasing with every passing day, thanks to Facebook!

facebook likes car throttle
This happens because just like Google, Facebook too gives more weight to something that has been shared by more than one source. In this case, the same link being shared by 2 pages.

So if you are serious about any niche, then you should try this method out because if it’s working for someone else, then it can work for you too.

11. Post Valuable Content:

I should not even say this, but still there are people that posts crappy updates on their Facebook pages. You should not post an update just because you haven’t done it in days.

If you don’t have anything to say, then why not share some useful article that you read with your readers. You are sending your readers to some other website, but in doing so you are not going to lose the people that follow you. Instead, they are going to thank you for recommending an informative article.

If you don’t have any ideas to share on your Facebook pages, then you should search for some valuable content on other sites and update it on your page.

12. Use Images and Memes:

If you really want to increase Facebook likes along with increasing the user engagement, then consider using relevant images in your posts.

An update containing a photo can get 53% more likes, 104% more comments and 83% more click-throughs.

If you are going to use the images, then don’t just use any image – obviously no general stock photos. You should use photos based on the topic of your Facebook page.

If you share updates on how to do things, then posting a collage mentioning the steps will get the best results while, on some pages, hand-drawn cartoon and comics attract more likes.

You can take the example of TheOatmeal. The Facebook page has got more than 3 million likes and the website gets millions of visitors every month. The content posted is just comic strips. So if you are good at drawing and sketching, then try to make a few pictures based on your page’s topic and see how they perform.

Memes and troll images perform well too, but it doesn’t always work on all categories. However, using a humorous image or a joke that shows the condition in your niche will work a lot better compared to other posts.

Here is an image Neil Patel used on his Nutrition page.

Use images for facebook likes

Check out this amazing post on SocialMediaExaminer on how to use images that get shared more often and drive lots of traffic!

The same thing goes with videos as well. I have seen a lot of Facebook pages grow to a hundreds of thousands of likes just by sharing viral videos on their fan page. But you should be careful when finding and sharing videos as they might be protected by copyright laws.

13. Use Facebook Ads to Get More Likes

Facebook ads are an awesome way to reach hundreds of thousands of people who are looking to follow pages and people that shares important content. So if you use Facebook ads to promote your page, then you can get a lot of likes for a very cheap price.

However, when you use ads to promote your Facebook page or posts, make sure that you target the right audience and use proper images to get high CTR.

It would require an article to tell you how to set up Facebook Ads that gives you cheap likes, but I am going to share some points that you need to keep in mind when setting up ad campaigns.

Use at least 3 images on your ad copy. The ads will show you which image gets the highest CTR and reaches more people, so you can stop the ads with images that are not performing well.
Age Group: Every niche has a group of people of a particular age that can become the best customers. For example, if you have a page for ”woodworking” then the best person to target would be in the age group of 35-50 because when you reach that age, you try out new things. So do some research and find the right age of your audience.
Gender: Choose the gender of the people you are targeting properly. You can’t target males for fashion related page, and similarly you can’t target females for a beard related page.

Interests: This is probably the best and the most important thing which if used properly will give you the best results. You can add various interests of people and also the name of your competitors’ pages to target your ads to their followers.
Location: Target the right audience by choosing the right countries. If you have a Facebook page related to cricket, then target USA would be a really bad choice.
Other Demographics: You can also target people based on the language they speak, their relationship status, their education, their work status etc.

More post on our signature url

3 Likes

Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by Whizzcute(m): 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2015
Really nice.....thumbs up bro

It's been a while since I saw something this sensible on nairaland webmasters section.
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by fineyemi(m): 8:02am On Jul 14, 2015
Take a luk at dis site. The fast growin educational site: www.Guru9ja.com
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by tutusaint(m): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2015
Khaynet:
Really nice.....thumbs up bro

It's been a while since I saw something this sensible on nairaland webmasters section.

Thanks bro, your comment means much to us
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by cityAdventures: 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
Great..

Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2015
tutusaint:

Thanks bro, your comment means much to us
Ure welcome
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by godello: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2015
Drop ur number for a call !!
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by Warlord3000(m): 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
Impressive writeup
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by Princepri(m): 6:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
I have a facebook page in the niche entertainment, news and comedy of over 13,000 likes for sale the page is a very interactive page and you can use to increase traffic to your site everyday and also for your advertisement. It also comes with a unique facebook account of over 5,000 friends that is very interactive it is better than paying for facebook likes that will draw traffic once it is just N10,000 for everything if you are intersted and also ready to pay drop your contact(phone no only) and i will contact you but if you are not ready to buy or the money is too much dont even bother because i cant bring down the price by N1 Serious people only quote me
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by tutusaint(m): 7:27pm On Jul 23, 2015
godello:
Drop ur number for a call !!

Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by tutusaint(m): 7:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
Princepri:
I have a facebook page in the niche entertainment, news and comedy of over 13,000 likes for sale the page is a very interactive page and you can use to increase traffic to your site everyday and also for your advertisement. It also comes with a unique facebook account of over 5,000 friends that is very interactive it is better than paying for facebook likes that will draw traffic once it is just N10,000 for everything if you are intersted and also ready to pay drop your contact(phone no only) and i will contact you but if you are not ready to buy or the money is too much dont even bother because i cant bring down the price by N1 Serious people only quote me

WhatsApp me ; 08062300431
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by ayufun: 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
top up startimes free, check our page. https://mobile.facebook.com/STARTIMESNIGERARECHARGE/
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by TFAwomanhood(f): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
Good day.please how can I share my face book page content here on nairaland
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by kidajoy(m): 5:41am On Jul 27, 2017
like my facebook page #Demak Clothingz
Re: How To Start Increasing Your Facebook Page Likes by AbsoluteGospel: 3:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
Thanks so much for the update .... Like my blog page on Facebook https://mobile.facebook.com/absolutegospel1/

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten(10) Ways To Increase Your Ctr / 7 Mistakes You're Making That Drives Away Visitors From Your Blog / 5 Ways To Promote Your Business Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.