Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye (33238 Views)

Buhari Is Not God And We Will Not Worship Him, PDP Replies APC / Archbishop Tutu 'would Not Worship A Homophobic God' / Tinubu Vs Mimiko: ‘ondo People Will Not Worship A Foreign god (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by dakobu: 2:24am On Mar 09, 2009
Leading pentecostal churches in Nigeria have explained why TB Joshua cannot be granted permission to join their fold, The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, (PFN).

One of them, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, voted one of Newsweeks 50 Most Powerful People in the World  went further to say that he will not even worship in Joshua’s Church.
I will not worship in TB Joshua’s church, says Adeboye

Asked whether he could worship in Joshua’s church, Adeboye retorted,“No! Definitely not! If he wants me to come and minister in his church, we will sit down; we will discuss the issue of salvation the way I understand it, according to the scriptures. If we agree on that and he now wants me to come and preach the same message of salvation in his church, then I will go.”

Source and other reactions: http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/30420/41/
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Okijajuju1(m): 2:44am On Mar 09, 2009
Look at the pot calling kettle black.    shocked

Wonders shall never end.
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by spikedcylinder: 4:09am On Mar 09, 2009
This PFN sounds like a really rigid cult. Reminds me of the movie Eyes Wide Shutundecided
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Jakumo(m): 5:57am On Mar 09, 2009
I propose that a "Last Man Standing"  inspired fight to the finish should be organized between all of Nigeria's conmen miracle pastors, whereby they could be paired off against one another for successive brutal elimination duels in which curses, prayers, prophesies, fetish objects and machetes  would be used FREELY, towards the delightful end of getting all those compulsive thieves to kill one another off until such time as there are no more of such clergy-robed vermin on the face of this earth.

The immediate and lasting benefit of such a series of permanent elimination bouts would be a dramatic increase in the amount of disposable income that will remain intact and unspent in the pockets of millions of gullible Nigerians who would otherwise have given away such funds to the nearest smooth-talker to invoke Jesus. 

More significantly, teeming hordes of Nigerian worshippers would be free get up off their knees where they had been immobilized in prayer like so many wildebeest, so as to re-engage their cognitive functions and get on with the many responsibilities and challenges of real life, rather than waiting in vain for the nirvana offered at great monetary cost in the afterlife by those rapacious "Men of Dog", who themselves know of no other occupation that stealing from the poor to finance their own lives of lavish consumption.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by kosovo(m): 6:49am On Mar 09, 2009
they are all on their own.
who cares where u worship? me? huh? nah. NEVER.
news pls??
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Ibime(m): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2009
Jakumo, you no go kill pesin o! grin grin grin
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by onyengbu1(m): 10:38am On Mar 09, 2009
is this post not in the wrong section?

anyway,
Okija_juju:

Look at the pot calling kettle black. shocked

Wonders shall never end.

imagine that my brother.
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Lagosboy: 11:05am On Mar 09, 2009
Jakunmo no let laughter kill me o grin grin grin

Your description reminds me of the WWF cage fight in them days. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 09, 2009
***Topic to long pls***.
Meanwhile, how come Pastor Adeboye is against another Penticostal Fellow with so much passion, that aside. If he says Pastor T.B Joshua is FaKE (Not real Man_o_God) how come he also opposes and ridicule him for getting a National recognition award??
[blue]And on a more serious note, are T.B works vein indeed??[/blue]
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 09, 2009
@Jakumo,_ Sorry, but yo eFFecT Of IntentS HOLD no Water. Why the castigations! Why reciprocrate (spell) in such a manner, these are [b]Men_o_God[/] and not Men_o_Dog as u referenced, huh !! :-(
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by ScanLess: 11:53am On Mar 09, 2009
post is in wrong section
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by PurestBoy(m): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2009
Jakumo Jakumo, u no go kill me sha
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by sammyzacks(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2009
you guys did not know all these whiles that T.B Joshua is a false prophet?
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Lagosboy: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2009
sammyzacks:

you guys did not know all these whiles that T.B Joshua is a false prophet?

What qualifies him to be a false prophet and others not?
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by osisi2(f): 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2009
This is not an opportunity for all you heathen and sons of Usman dan fodio to begin ridiculing the Church.
I wonder why all these controversial Christian threads always end up on the front page and the controversial Muslim ones stay hidden in the Muslim corner.

just an honest observation

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by ibedun: 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2009
Jakumo!! Well said. I couldnt have put it better. Just makes you feel so sorry for our people. Waiting for Jesus Only in Nigeria and Africa. I dont hear that phrase anywhere else in the world.
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Becomrrich: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2009
Why are you people making this to look like big deal. It as nothing to do with T B Joshua. If you know pastor adeboye he does not worship in any other church other then the redeemed church. I know this more than 15 years now, what is the big deal. He may go to your church to preach that all he does.

Even Pastor adeboy has too many redeemed to go to, not to talk of going to other church.

Asked whether he could worship in Joshua’s church, Adeboye retorted,“No! Definitely not! If he wants me to come and minister in his church, we will sit down; we will discuss the issue of salvation the way I understand it, according to the scriptures. If we agree on that and he now wants me to come and preach the same message of salvation in his church, then I will go.”

you people do not understand english.

Pastor adeboye did not say he would preach salvation to Joshua, he said he would explain salvation to him. Look I have to be honest with you. I too do not understand what Joshua believes. I am born again most of my life. What are the man believes. Most people do not know. If Joshua ask me too to preach in his Church I would ask him the same question. You do not want to waste your time going to church you do not understand.

You have to understand a man believes before you can preach it is church.

I once moved to a place in canada many years ago called windsor.  And in my looking for a new church I went to one close by my house. When by the time the preacher started preaching I knew I have missed the way.

It was a church where even satanism is allowed to be preached , any religion can be preached.

So like most Nigeria born again christain I would say I do not know what Joshua believes. And we need to find out. Not only Pastor Adeboye is asking that question but everybody. 

So what I feel T B Joshua should do , if he believe in Jesus , He should tell the all world what does he believe. And may be people would start understanding him and his church. Look if you look T B Joshua most Nigeria are curious about this man. And when he started nobody knows anything about him. And many question may be ask.

I am a very curious person I have taken the pain to watch is video once, I saw miracle. But his preaching I did not make sense out of it. May be because he just started those days.

I cant judge TB Joshua because I am not God, But if he can explain himself to everybody may be people would stop asking him question. But he as not done that.  And On Redeemed buy a aircraft I believe it is wrong.   And what is wrong is wrong.

For President of the PFN, Rev. Ayo Oritsejafor of the Word of Life Church, before Joshua could even qualify to be a PFN member, he should show  who tutored him as a pastor in the first place. Joshua is reputed to have said that he was converted in his mother’s womb.

But the PFN president replied that, “Jesus did not say by their words you will know them; he said by the fruit you shall know them. If T.B. Joshua can show me his pastor who pastored him before he said he was called into the ministry; if T.B. Joshua can tell me when he got converted and how he got converted, then we would consider him. Anybody who is a Christian is a Christian because he received Jesus Christ at a point.

Enitan here is where the issue is. it is said that Joshua claim that God convert him in the womb. Is that .  DID Joshua made the statement. Noone can be born again in the womb. I know the person who preach to me and i became save. i can tell you the name of the person.

look I can prove what my christain history is. I can even tell you to verify. My vice principal in secondary school was the wife of one of the men that sign on the nigeria currency those day. director of currency central bank of nigeria. I do not want to tell you her name. She would confirm if i was born again.

Everybody i went to secondary school would tell you i was born again, because i was a member of the christain fellowship. I use to preach in my secondary school.  If the deeper life go thru thier old record they would find my name as one of those young boys that you to come to gbagada to do leadership trainning program.

If the university of ilorin christain union go thru there record they would see my picture  and name on the graduate student of the year  of the university of ilorin christain union.  I dont know what they call it. The UCU many years  ago on the permanent site of the biulding is located not too far from the stadium and close to the catholic church on campus.

If you check the record of the nigeria christain corper fellowship in adamawa my name would be there. Any NCCF member who served in adamawa who tell you who brother meekness is .   Brother meekness is not a person. any person who were members of the NCCF in adamawa state would tell you who brother meekness is. that is our password.

If you go to the old record of the Redeemed christain church of God, freedom hall, when tony rapu was pastor, you would find my name there. if you go to the old record of redeemed bethel house of worship you would find my name there.
If you talk of canada many year ago of the redeemed, most of them are new, so they may not know me. . i mean when redeemed had one church. nearly all have relocated to the USA or back to nigeria.

If ask pastor James fadele the head of the redeemed in north america or his assistance pastor  C Ojo .  he would say, tell you he have seen this radical vocal person. 

If you do a check  on the internet, you would see that JesusEmpire.com  is registered to my name.

This is what they are asking Joshua to provide for them. does he have one Enitan.
A pastor most have history, do you expect them to register people who also would call themself 419 with no history. let Joshua provide them. But saying that in his mother womb he became saved . that is if he said so. can not be true.   A pastor most have an open life. it is only when you are hidden something , you hide information.

They just want prove he went to church before he claim he is a pastor. Any 419 can apply. And thier are more 419 pastor in churches than real one now.

You can see i am alway bold tell people on the internet my mind without fear of even SSS. because i have nothing to hide. so tell them come open to . Tell tell us  about joshua history i want to know my brother, 

And the church can not be tax. even over here too.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by omoniyiA: 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2009
you can only make friend on naira land by declare whom you are!!
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by mafioso(m): 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2009
well i wont be supprise because even the time of Jesus Christ, the Pharisees where against him because they believe he has come to change their doctrine. so why am i saying this the PFN as a body is a cult of it's own and Prophet T.B Joshua and Pastor Chris Oyakhilome who is not a member to them is a Demon.

from my own observation, let them live them Judge not so that you might not be judge. Afterall They all give thanks to Jesus Christ that is what matters most even if T.B Joshua is a false Prophet is he not better than many of them, Ayo oritsejafor who his Brother was one time a minister during the Obasanjo Administration is now the person criticising a prophet who he was honoured not because of his miracles but because of his humanitarian services.

To me Let them let the sleeping dog lies,

Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by osisi2(f): 3:47pm On Mar 09, 2009
The TB Joshua man fine o
chei
I been think the false prophet na one kain wo wo Obj-like man
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by mafioso(m): 4:01pm On Mar 09, 2009
it is really said that a Prophet is not respected in his home town. or is it because this guy is a Nigerian??

Fellow brothers please let the Almighty Judge not us cos the bible said, "FOR ALL HAVE SINNED AND FALL SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD". so me too i be sinner so i no fit judge anoda person ohhhhhhhhhhh

Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by nxchanger: 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2009
I can't say anything in this post than they look. GOD they look all of us
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Pataki: 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2009
Lagosboy:

What qualifies him to be a false prophet and others not?
I have noted your penchant for increasingly posting in threads and at times starting threads bothering on Pastor Adeboye, filled with the intent to pillory Adeboye. If issues bothering on your 'holy prophet' had been raised here, you would have been shouting 'fatwa' or whatever nonsense you choose to call.

If you want non-muslims to exercise restraints in maligning your prophet(s), would you not show the same attitude? It seriously beats me silly how you are able to distinguish false prophets in Christianity when you have a whole forest of such in Islam.

@ Topic,
Every man has his choices based on their own decision thinking. If Adeboye chooses not to worship in TB Joshua's church, does it add any value to the nation? Everyone is accountable to whomever they place as their supreme being. I have been in the Netherlands when a Dutch-white man spoke bad of Joshua, when I stated I was a Nigerian from Nigeria.

Simply put, your works would speak of you.

Why do topics like this make the Nairaland headnews? This is the second time or third time now, matters bothering on Adeboye would be on the front page of Nairaland.  undecided
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by m4showcom(m): 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2009
oga oh.
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by debosky(m): 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2009
**osisi:

The TB Joshua man fine o
chei
I been think the false prophet na one kain wo wo Obj-like man

The guy don upgrade seriously oh! See freshness!  cheesy

I remember the days he had a scruffy beard and used to wear 'French Suit'  grin grin

I think Adeboye is quite clear on this he feels that TB Joshua holds some beliefs on salvation contrary to the bible and since he (Adeboye) believes in salvation according to the bible, he won't attend a 'church' that doesn't follow his core beliefs.

People like to discuss Christian leaders, so I feel the thread can be on the first page to generate comments. Besides, no fatwa will be issued on the admin's head on account of this thread.  grin grin grin
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by kaygee1234: 4:13pm On Mar 09, 2009
You guys should understand this is business as usual for Seun. He only puts topics that would attract attention to the front page so I don't know why you're wondering. Though he sometimes gets it wrong (in my opinion anyway) but I think he knows what he's doing and that's entirely business-focussed baby.
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Lagosboy: 4:13pm On Mar 09, 2009
Pataki:

I have noted your penchant for increasingly posting in threads and at times starting threads bothering on Pastor Adeboye, filled with the intent to pillory Adeboye. If issues bothering on your 'holy prophet' had been raised here, you would have been shouting 'fatwa' or whatever nonsense you choose to call.

The prophet is d symbol of Islam and jesus is the pinnacle of Christianity.

Pastor Adeboye is a mere mortal and under no condition should he be equated to the names mentioned above. Pastor Adeboye is not a symbol of chrisitanity but a Christian preacher. If you criticise a mere muslim then no qualms it is when you attack the symbol of islam thats where the issue is my brother. There are several PAstors i do respect and i state them Bishop Gbonigi, Onaiyaeke, Okogie, Tunde Bakare for vairous reasons but most especially their unbridled stand for expressing the truth in public no matter the situation.

I am in no way in isolation when it comes to Adeboye. I keep stating the issue i have and it is his relationship with OBJ and the 3rd term saga.  There is a thread in the religous section by Duro Onabule on Adeboye which is quite insightfull. I have a feeling you are RCCG member which is no issue at all and i apologise if you feel hurt when he his attacked but lets be honest enough to accept when he his wrong as he his a human being like me and you and not Jesus in any way.
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by Sauron1: 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2009
debosky:

People like to discuss Christian leaders, so I feel the thread can be on the first page to generate comments. Besides, no fatwa will be issued on the admin's head on account of this thread.  grin grin grin

Me thinks people should stop attacking religious leaders!!!
The holy scriptures are against such senseless acts.
Whether TB Joshua is original or a fraud is none of me business. . . .
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by kaygee1234: 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2009
None of these dudes are prophets. They can give themselves any titles under the sun but Prophets - Hell Naw.

They're very rude in fact and should apologise to the country for using that title. Stupid bunch.
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by DeReloaded: 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2009
Im not big on Adeboye and his brainwashed sheep but i dont get what is wrong with his response to TB Joshua
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by DeReloaded: 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2009
The TB Joshua man fine o
chei

Osisi which is closest to you? Pearl Vision or Lens Crafters
Re: Pastors Wars - I Will Not Worship In TB Joshua’s Church, Says Adeboye by tpia: 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2009

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Photo Of GEJ In Masai Mara,kenya / Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. / Troops Kill Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists In Pulka ( Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.