Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) (51240 Views)

Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) / Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall / Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by manchy7531: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2015
I wonder why is the thread is not yet on the FP but if it is about tonto dike's boobs now with three comments now e for don dey

Cc: seun, lalasticala

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by 9aijaboi(m): 8:16am On Jul 14, 2015
Business is the science of Igbos..Nothing can take it away
Na mbu ka obidoro
Oga esi na ndukandu ruo ndukandu.

16 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nonybb: 8:21am On Jul 14, 2015
Wow No Brown Roof

21 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by SpaceTour: 8:23am On Jul 14, 2015
@FKO81, welldone. Please check your email. fr**kob***a@ymail.com

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:30am On Jul 14, 2015
Awka

9 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 14, 2015
laffytaffy1:
I see all those 5 story buildings in the background, how in Gods name do the people that reside in the 5th floor get water up, I'm sure none of those buildings have elevators.

There no elevator but water run up the entire building.

The most difficult thing to see in East is a house without borehole, virtually all the houses have borehole and water is connected to an overhead tank that supply to the entire building

30 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by manchy7531: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2015
FKO81:
Awka

Now a days it's difficult to see bungalows in residential quarters in igbo land. You mostly find duplexes and other forms of mansions. While some still live in mud houses, they are yet to moved to cleans houses with modern root tiles not to talk of having residential quarters with majorly mansions. Yet they have the gut to compare themselves with God's chosen people.

These pictures reminds me of Abiriba. Those people dey build house. Respect to all igbos.

Like femi fani kayode said in one of his articles when he visited chief ojo maduakwe in his Abiriba country home. "I have never seen a place like this in my whole life with a concentration of hill top mansions"

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:45am On Jul 14, 2015
Nnewi, home of industrialists

11 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Bonapart(m): 8:45am On Jul 14, 2015
We still growing
Igbo we are

24 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2015
They tried to drown us, they didn't know we were garri we just dey rise dey swell

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Afrocatalyst: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2015
A picture is worth more than a thousand words.

11 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by nunzk: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2015
Lol@ olosho bros lick ya wounds de go.
buygala:
Riverbank buildings are still mostly the same today undecided.... Take a stroll along the Niger bridge or Lokoja bridge to see for thyself sad

In other news...

I just paid an Olosho 5 thousand naira for 'overnight service '.... then she also requested Extra 3k for 'night food'.... Please fellow Olosho customers, is this how they used to do?
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:52am On Jul 14, 2015
Home of technology

11 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 14, 2015
we rock...proudly from Anambra!

13 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by NoRetreat(m): 8:53am On Jul 14, 2015
buygala:
Riverbank buildings are still mostly the same today undecided.... Take a stroll along the Niger bridge or Lokoja bridge to see for thyself sad

In other news...

I just paid an Olosho 5 thousand naira for 'overnight service '.... then she also requested Extra 3k for 'night food'.... Please fellow Olosho customers, is this how they used to do?
He who took ant infested wood home should expect the visit of lizards.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2015
fr3do:

Igbanke (Igbo-akiri) and Owa (my ancestral home) blocked the Bini expansionists from moving south east.
Pls my bro I need someone to enlighten me about igbanke and delta igbos,can u?
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by valencia25(m): 8:53am On Jul 14, 2015
Progress is all we want for the country.

[size=14pt]
My signature is very much available, very fresh, I've been using it since last year. Only decided to share now now
[/size]
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by manchy7531: 8:54am On Jul 14, 2015
post=35839432:
Nnewi, home of industrialists

Nwane biko is the owner of Tummy Tummy noodle also from nnewi?
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by investnow2013: 8:55am On Jul 14, 2015
Onitsha......Kamo Plaza

11 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by money121(m): 8:55am On Jul 14, 2015
Ok

DURATION: start from 14-07-2014

end 20-07-2014

SQM: 840sqms

ROOF PANEL: D.S SHINGLE with 50yrs warranty

COLOUR: BLACK AND WHITE
Thanks so much for your patronage

and dont forget to call AYYUB on 08085310359
for your original stone coated roofing tile in nigeria

owner comment: (1)
Thank you all too for being there for your clients...good customer care practice
(2) Will not forget you people. Your service is excellent
(3) Will do well to disseminate the good business practices which I see is your core value
(4) Fantastic!!
(5) Job completed. Professionally done. The installer measured accurately and his technical acumen is next to none. He is a genius. Am very happy

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2015
Why you no price am 2500? Then buy her chaw of 500? That girl don jam mugu for this harsh economic period.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by investnow2013: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2015
manchy7531:

Yes!

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by khalhokage(m): 8:56am On Jul 14, 2015
Eshinwaju:

Yea......the Benin empire to which onicha belonged was......thriving...... grin

My guy since when? Hmmmm wetin person no go see for Nairaland.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by warrior01: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2015
God help us, please don't let witches and wizards and all bad belle people derail this wonderful thread in Jesus name....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by awa(m): 8:59am On Jul 14, 2015
This city is picking up seriously
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2015
manchy7531:

yes

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by chigoizie7(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2015
The people of the south-east are marginalized for reason, just imagine a sea port @ onitsha, just a sea port, the west will cry fowl, because, even the whole of north, will make use of onitsha ports, more than that of lagos, for cost reasons, so, they have been frustrating the plan for years.

11 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by omoelesa(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2015
Thread For D Cheast beaters
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by back2sender: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2015
pazienza:

Did you drink Omo? Onitsha was never a part of your Bini empire. I don't blame you, they don't teach history in the Zoological republic.
Naa you be olodo, google is your friend
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by awa(m): 9:04am On Jul 14, 2015
manchy7531:

Now a days it's difficult to see bungalows in residential quarters in igbo land. You mostly find duplexes and other forms of mansions. While some still live in mud houses, they are yet to moved to cleans houses with modern root tiles not to talk of having residential quarters with majorly mansions. Yet they have the gut to compare themselves with God's chosen people.

These pictures reminds me of Abiriba. Those people dey build house. Respect to all igbos.

Like femi fani kayode said in one of his articles when he visited chief ojo maduakwe in his Abiriba country home. "I have never seen a place like this in my who life with a concentration of hill top mansions"

Sorry Manchy7531, I think you are wrong with Ojo Maduekwe hometown. He is from Asaga in Ohafia not Abiriba in Ohafia. Truth is that Ohafia People are known with their choice of classic buildings in Ohafia.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by investnow2013: 9:05am On Jul 14, 2015
Another Bridge over The River Niger at near by Oil rich Aguleri being done by Anambra-State Govt......Onitsha extending to the East, West, North & South...... The Great City of Commerce & Industry!

13 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Amagmilton(m): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2015
..If other south easterners will emulate Anambra people and bring their investments home, believe me in 10years time no tribe in Nigeria will see the back of igbos.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies / Aurthur Eze Dances To His Favourite Song At His Mansion. Photos/vide / Business Name Registration In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.