Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) (51213 Views)

Onitsha Mall Indemnity Notice: Look At What I Saw At Shoprite Onitsha (pics) / Children Playing At The Premises Of Onitsha Mall / Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by uduokirika1(m): 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
chigoizie7:

Then u ve to go back and read back my initial post. Once it is by inheritance, then they use one palace, but if it rotates, then, the palace goes to the house of the current igwe.
Except only in onitsha,

So wherein lies the corolation between Onitsha and Bini with respect to location of palace?

In Bini kingdom kingship is by inheritance while in Onitsha it is rotational!!!!

And in your earlier assertion you highlighted the centrality of Onitsha Palace as a criterium. To some kind of linkage with Bini, yet they have different Kingship system!

Guy go back to your History books

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Remarkable: 7:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
teamchocolate:
Must u always speak yoruba or use yoruba analogy, abeg form ur own.. tongue

..Typical of yorubas, so you ran away when I called you out on that thread, bah?
https://www.nairaland.com/2443534/ladipo-market-crisis-deepens/8

You open your oily mouth to say Ojukwu did not declare only the eastern region as Biafra; and when I ask you to stand on your claim, you flee and claim I was asking you to do war research.

I know your type, lots of you are on NL that come to mix half-truths with pure lies, trying to deceive gullible minds and those that don't know better... , unfortunately for y'all, gone are those days that the media is dominated by one side and lies are told as fables that become truths to unsuspecting masses in your part of the country.

I am sure this is not your first and it wont be the last lie you would tell against Igbos and Ojukwu, but be rest assured that if you get away with it once, you wont get away with it all the time, mr. had-Ojukwu-seceded-only-with-the-eastern-region-no-one-would-have-cared.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Amagmilton(m): 7:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
kaycid77:

I tot they say yorubas dont leave their Eldorado SW .... do you know how much it costs to dig a borehole in hills Umuahia and aba are on hills, you think its Lagos or Portharcourt they use bare hand to dig boreholes,.... here in portharcourt you can dig a bore hole with 80,000 naira while in Abia you need like 500,000 naira
..stop giving wrong information about what you don't really know, i have lived in Aba, and even worked with a construction firm that also drills boreholes, a bore hole is drilled manually and the best form of clean water is gotten within a day..it is only in those hilly parts of Abia that much money is needed to get bore hole water.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by chigoizie7(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
uduokirika1:

So wherein lies the corolation between Onitsha and Bini with respect to location of palace?

In Bini kingdom kingship is by inheritance while in Onitsha it is rotational!!!!

And in your earlier assertion you highlighted the centrality of Onitsha Palace as a criterium. To some kind of linkage with Bini, yet they have different Kingship system!

Guy go back to your History books

Noted, I will do just that sir. but u also failed to read were I said, that I am not so sure.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by chigoizie7(m): 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
Amagmilton:
..stop giving wrong information about what you don't really know, i have lived in Aba, and even worked with a construction firm that also drills boreholes, a bore hole is drilled manually and the best form of clean water is gotten within a day..it is only in those hilly parts of Abia that much money is needed to get bore hole water.

Manual drilling of bore hole for one day? Bros abeg how many feet? Cos I know the one in my house took them upto 3weeks to get to 249 feet.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by uduokirika1(m): 9:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
chigoizie7:

Noted, I will do just that sir. but u also failed to read were I said, that I am not so sure.

Ok. But mind you I restrained myself from quoting you in the first post simply because you were not sure. But refering someone to get a cue from same post informed my objection.

Anyways one luv broda 'cos we learn daily.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Alexander001(m): 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
manny4life:

And what is the unexpected?
they expect you to over respect them. he wanted to construct the road that lead to his house bt they refused and was reserving it for one david nwosu( coscharis oga). so, he had to work from the beginning of his fence to other end.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Macelliot(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
cjfavour:

Guy that's a lie. Water doesn't run upstairs as u said in Onitsha. u can hardly see an upstair dt have water running upstair. That's a minus in Onitsha I'm looking forward to b redressed. Anambra water board should start working forwards dt
What is this one saying?
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
Alexander001:
reminds me of "chike and the river.

Who dey call my name
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
Idrismusty97:
If i tell you your land is landlocked and erosion ridden with floods happening every corner you would say i am hating, I tell you you have some most dirtiest cities and poor governance you would say i am hating....Now i say you are better than Dubai with goldplated roads and Bugatti for taxi and i am still hating. I tell you the truth and i am hating, I tell you lie and i am hating. What is wrong with you Igbos.

One thing that you shld knw that there is nowhere in Nigeria where bad governance in not shown but one thing about the East is that they have struggled to develop on their own without heavy federal presence as is shown in other regions. God bless you.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Macelliot(m): 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
missKiffy:

Bt I lived in Abia, most of the houses don't have borehole

That's Abia..
Like our home, every house is powered with a Machine-pump which supplies water to every part of the house...
[img]
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
sinestro24:

name the dirty cities in anambra that you know, show me evidence of floods.

when was the last time you heard of floods in anambra state like the ones that happen in lagos even in victoria island.

do not mistaken abia state or imo with anambra state they are totally different states with different people and governments.

if you think anambra is growing quickly, pls pay a visit to enugu state.

though it is not an oil state, it is way neater and more developed than the so called oil states.

can i add safer as well.

FACT is you are a hater.

worry about yours.

abeg imo and abia peeps. i am not yabbing you biko

Its not like you are yabbing. Its just the truth. I am from Abia state but was disappointed the last time I travelled there at the level of things. Trust me Abia and the East in general is a place with great potentials. Just hope the governors will cme 2gether to see hw to develop it. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Macelliot(m): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
missKiffy:

Bt I lived in Abia, most of the houses don't have borehole

That's Abia..
Like our home, every house is powered with a Machine-pump which supplies water to every part of the house...
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Alexander001(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Macelliot:

For example, in our house, each flats has a toilet, bathroom and kitchen each inside it... Showers are being used in the bathrooms. Waters are being supplied by a machine powered-pump.
the house looks familiar..it's nkpor ryt?
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Alexander001(m): 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
Macelliot:

That's Abia..
[img]
I still dey suspect that house.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Alexander001(m): 10:51pm On Jul 14, 2015
Russell145:

Who dey call my name
in phyno voice "mummy onye n`akpom. why you come dey answer Russell? na chike I go dey call you from today.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
Alexander001:
in phyno voice "mummy onye n`akpom. why you come dey answer Russell? na chike I go dey call you from today.

No wahala bro
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
kaycid77:

I tot they say yorubas dont leave their Eldorado SW .... do you know how much it costs to dig a borehole in hills Umuahia and aba are on hills, you think its Lagos or Portharcourt they use bare hand to dig boreholes,.... here in portharcourt you can dig a bore hole with 80,000 naira while in Abia you need like 500,000 naira

I know that the one dug in our cmpd in the villa was 200k and not 500.... Isi-alangwa south in Abia state to be precise

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Alexander001:

No wahala bro
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Macelliot(m): 11:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
Alexander001:
I still dey suspect that house.
You think I'm joking right?
Our street

House close to ours...
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Macelliot(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
Alexander001:
the house looks familiar..it's nkpor ryt?
it's Obosi... Awada precisely...
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Alexander001(m): 1:09am On Jul 15, 2015
Macelliot:
it's Obosi... Awada precisely...
ok. cleared
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Alexander001(m): 1:11am On Jul 15, 2015
Russell145:

No wahala bro
taa knuckle
Russell145:

No wahala bro
taa knuckle
Russell145:

No wahala bro
taa knuckle
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Amagmilton(m): 6:41am On Jul 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

Manual drilling of bore hole for one day? Bros abeg how many feet? Cos I know the one in my house took them upto 3weeks to get to 249 feet.
...Are u sure u live in Aba, if yes where in Aba? Cos there is no place in Aba that you will have to go upto 70ft for bore hole,i have seen 30ft.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by investnow2013: 8:50am On Jul 15, 2015
Onitsha The City of Nigerian's Movie Industry.....NOLLWOOD! & Igbo Movie Industry IGBOWOOD!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by chigoizie7(m): 8:54am On Jul 15, 2015
Amagmilton:
...Are u sure u live in Aba, if yes where in Aba? Cos there is no place in Aba that you will have to go upto 70ft for bore hole,i have seen 30ft.

I mean my papa house "OBOSI" near "ONITSHA

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by Otherique: 10:30am On Jul 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

In Aba,
you should find water in about 80fts, but crystal clear water in About 120fts,
There are no rocks underneath, so you shouldn't have difficulties in manually drilling for edible water within a day.

We used a borehole earthing for the new 300Kva transformer we recently installed in our street, as always, its our very own effort and no Government's input, that borehole was manually drilled by 5 young men and attained 80fts within 4hrs or less because they came around 4 and left around after 7.

Its not clean water per say but that hole will not dry up anytime soon.
and we paid 40k, though no pipe was installed.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by 144(m): 10:53am On Jul 15, 2015
Good documentary
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by chigoizie7(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2015
Otherique:

In Aba,
you should find water in about 80fts, but crystal clear water in About 120fts,
There are no rocks underneath, so you shouldn't have difficulties in manually drilling for edible water within a day.

We used a borehole earthing for the new 300Kva transformer we recently installed in our street, as always, its our very own effort and no Government's input, that borehole was manually drilled by 5 young men and attained 80fts within 4hrs or less because they came around 4 and left around after 7.

Its not clean water per say but that hole will not dry up anytime soon.
and we paid 40k, though no pipe was installed.

Ok sir
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by fx45(m): 6:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
missKiffy:

I know, what prompted that was som1 said it's difficult to see a house in the east without a borehole so I was just letting him know most houses don't have boreholes in Abia, that we buy water there
Where exactly did you stay in Umuahia? Some houses definitely will not have borehole water but I think 85% of houses in Umuahia should have borehole.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by fx45(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
chigoizie7:

I'm from Umuahia (Nkwoegwu to be precise). The borehole in my house was dug manually and in less than 6 hours we got sparkling clean water. The cost was around N250k and I think that amount was even a rip-off.
Re: Picture Of Onitsha trading port During The Colonial Days(photo) by missKiffy(f): 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
fx45:
Where exactly did you stay in Umuahia? Some houses definitely will not have borehole water but I think 85% of houses in Umuahia should have borehole.
Umuopara

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Five Things You Didn’t Know About Bitcoin, Other Cryptocurrencies / Aurthur Eze Dances To His Favourite Song At His Mansion. Photos/vide / Ayiri Emami, His Mother, Wife Asba And Children Hang Out Together (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.