Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Buhari Names New Service Chiefs - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Names New Service Chiefs (75300 Views)

Buhari Names Osinbajo 'Coordinator' In His Letter To Senate / FG Names New Sambisa Shooting Range After Late Lt. Col. Abu Ali / Buhari Names New Federal Permanent Secretaries And Their Portfolios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by abbey621(m): 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
AreaFada2:
Our youths of nowadays are really pathetic.

A former military dictator who spent the last 12 years trying to be president has appointed officers from an institution he should know like the back of his hand and they are dancing etighi.

Is that how our standards for assessing performance in public office have plummeted?

Considering the urgency of Boko and the campaign promise of crushing Boko within months, why wait till now? sad

I wish the new appointees good luck in their new roles.

But aren't you being a little biased in your assessment? If there's one thing we should all know about Buhari by now is that he likes to be thorough, he plans every detail and will not be rushed. The Boko Haram menace is not something that can be wiped out hastily, a lot of you people don't have a clue about what's really going on behind the scenes and a lot of you people are still comparing campaign propaganda with official governmental actions. Election is over, he's now on the hot seat and will not do things in a rush only for it to crumble!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
nduchucks:

nwoke m ibu onye jjc?
Gbawaa door, onye mgbu
Traitor
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by hamzeiy: 5:20pm On Jul 13, 2015
chuna1985:

So out of about 20 positions till now, not a single Igbo man merits anything

Help urself to stay mute so that u can control the nonsense u say.

yes...no single igbo....you are all criminals....the one that mistakenlly got there iherijika is already in ICCs net...meaning he cant travel out of nigeria to any country he likes... ..You know why. ...he is an igbo criminal like every other igbo..simple no appologies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Marchman: 5:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
4/2: 4 Northerners in the most critical positions. This guy is a confirmed bigot.
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by toyoutoyou: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
To hell with South evil.
daikale:
ok,
No south east,

1 Like

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by funlord(m): 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2015
grin I hope say dem go carry vex face boko haram! Whatever part of the country they are from I literally do not give 2 _fucks about! Do the damn job!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Familyfirst: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Abba999(f): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
conyema12:
As much as I would like to see an Igbo name among his service chiefs, I still feel there are few top ranking Igbo officers in Nigeria Military today. the south easterners had been alienated from the military just like other Nigerian institutions. This issue had always been there from the onset. Sometimes I wonder what they are afraid of.

Anyways I wish the Service Chiefs Gods speed in dismantling the boko boys. I know that the bulk of the challenge faced by our military stems from corruption and mismanagement of the military allocation in the high places. So whoever that can fix the rot should be there

chikena.

Darling, leave mata for martias. Nigerian story is "once upon a time" undecided
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by AreaFada2: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
abbey621:

But aren't you being a little biased in your assessment? If there's one thing we should all know about Buhari by now is that he likes to be thorough, he plans every detail and will not be rushed. The Boko Haram menace is not something that can be wiped out hastily, a lot of you people don't have a clue about what's really going on behind the scenes and a lot of you people are still comparing campaign propaganda with official governmental actions. Election is over, he's now on the hot seat and will not do things in a rush only for it to crumble!

I see. GMB spent decades in the Army and should know better. We believed him because of his military background.

Are you saying we should forget campaign promises/blatant lies?

Is that the low standard and mediocrity we now expect of ourselves?

Biased? How? Did I ask him to promise fantasy?
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by nduchucks: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
onyedikachukwue:

Gbawaa door, onye mgbu
Traitor

gịnị mere i ji ịnubiga m? embarassed
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Excuzeme: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
phemmyutd:
the Wailing wailers where are thou

PMB: The new Chief of Defence Staff, Olonishakin (N/6901) hails from Ekiti State YORUBA

Until his new appointment, he was the Head of the Nigerian Army Training and Doctrine Command in Minna, Niger State.

The new Chief of Army Staff, Buratai hails from[b] Borno State. HAUSA[/b]

He was, until his new appointment, the Commander of the Multinational Joint Task Force which has its headquarters in Ndjamena.

He has previously served as Commander of the Nigerian Army’s 2nd Brigade in Port Harcourt and Commander of the Nigerian Army School of Infantry in Jaji, Kaduna State.

The new Chief of Naval Staff, Ibas (NN/0746) hails from Cross River State.CALABAR/MINORITY

He enlisted into the Nigerian Defence Academy as a member of the 26th Regular Course in 1979 and was commissioned as a Sub-Lieutenant in 1983.

His previous appointments include Naval Provost Marshal, Chief Staff Officer, Naval Training Command, Chief of Administration, Naval Headquarters, Flag Officer Commanding Western Naval Command and Chief of Logistics, Naval Headquarters. Until his appointment as Chief of Naval Staff, he was the Chief Executive Officer of Navy Holdings Limited.

The new Chief of Air Staff, Abubakar (NAF/1433) hails from Bauchi State HAUSA.

His previous appointments include Chief of Standards and Evaluation, NAF Headquarters; Chief of Defence Communications and Air Officer Commanding, NAF Training Command. Until his new appointment today as Chief of Air Staff, he was the Chief of Administration, NAF Headquarters.

So,Yorubas are the "Grand Commander" of Nigerian Military now? shocked shocked

Chai, Igbos have lost out again! cry cry
When we tell them to stop this their #Wailing Wailers attitude, that it is not gettimng them anywhere since 1967...dem no dey hear word!

Once again, they have lost out!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
softmind24:
but the igbos has the IG of police

He is acting IG. And he is not Igbo.
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Fieldops: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
fx45:
Duplication of portfolios! So much for prudence.....
it has always been dere bro, it is as old as during d time of Gowon
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by ibisko04: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=bright007 post=35818741]Another biased appointment.

One from the southwest
one from the south south

Others from the North

change indeed[/quote
Why can't you people do away with where the person who is appointed comes from.
Me think that the people of North East will be in the best position to find out what and how to make boko haram became history.
Let men from that side lead the army and air force which are the forces that are really needed to combat boko haram.
Appointments are coming in plenty, so who feels not represented today will definitely have their turn tomorrow.
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Excuzeme: 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
phemmyutd:
the Wailing wailers where are thou

PMB: The new Chief of Defence Staff, Olonishakin (N/6901) hails from Ekiti State YORUBA

Until his new appointment, he was the Head of the Nigerian Army Training and Doctrine Command in Minna, Niger State.

The new Chief of Army Staff, Buratai hails from[b] Borno State. HAUSA[/b]

He was, until his new appointment, the Commander of the Multinational Joint Task Force which has its headquarters in Ndjamena.

He has previously served as Commander of the Nigerian Army’s 2nd Brigade in Port Harcourt and Commander of the Nigerian Army School of Infantry in Jaji, Kaduna State.

The new Chief of Naval Staff, Ibas (NN/0746) hails from Cross River State.CALABAR/MINORITY

He enlisted into the Nigerian Defence Academy as a member of the 26th Regular Course in 1979 and was commissioned as a Sub-Lieutenant in 1983.

His previous appointments include Naval Provost Marshal, Chief Staff Officer, Naval Training Command, Chief of Administration, Naval Headquarters, Flag Officer Commanding Western Naval Command and Chief of Logistics, Naval Headquarters. Until his appointment as Chief of Naval Staff, he was the Chief Executive Officer of Navy Holdings Limited.

The new Chief of Air Staff, Abubakar (NAF/1433) hails from Bauchi State HAUSA.

His previous appointments include Chief of Standards and Evaluation, NAF Headquarters; Chief of Defence Communications and Air Officer Commanding, NAF Training Command. Until his new appointment today as Chief of Air Staff, he was the Chief of Administration, NAF Headquarters.

So,Yorubas are the "Grand Commander" of Nigerian Military now? shocked shocked

Chai, Igbos have lost out again! cry cry
When we tell them to stop this their #Wailing Wailers attitude, that it is not gettimng them anywhere since 1967...dem no dey hear word!

Once again, they have lost out!
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by MabraO: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
From d kinda comments am reading from d these taniods nd craxy biafrauds ehn u go wonder if them get sense at all

Can u imagine a Biafra seeking an appointment in a country dey want out from
See dem asking stupiid questions
No Biafra, like say Nigeria na their country
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by stayblack: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by peeta89(m): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
ibrams:
*dancing*shakiti bobo
i saw my uncles....name there
levels don change nah
cos am 10/10....
You can call him your Uncle if he truly remembers you. Otherwise you better let him be, Kus this days most of us have uncles who are highly placed but will never show their own people love....

Human beings will always fail so I don't depend on them....

As for me I don't have any uncle or Aunty in any human being..... my uncle is God and God alone........

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Dezzx(m): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
chuna1985:

Did ekwremmadu get an appointment under buhari
ehhhnn.... remind me again who is the Deputy senate President of the*th Assembly. undecided
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by AK481(m): 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

OK....my tribe has never had president job.

E no dey concern me...what concerns me is how my governor is doing, and how my LG chairman is doing.

Besides.....what benefit does appointing Ibo man as COAS have? What benefit does appointing Yoruba/Tiv/Hausa/Ebira/Ogoni/Yakurr/Zuru/Jukun have? Is it in how the war is fought...or are you looking for appointment/job/share of cash.

You Nigerians.....all of you....go home and get your governors to work for you. And be thankful the new COAS is from Borno....at least he will take Boko seriously...especially as his hone turf is in the mix.

baddah is from adamawa,yet boko claimed his village.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by softmind24: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
chuna1985:

He is acting IG. And he is not Igbo.
where is he from my brother
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by phyllosilicate(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
No Hausa nor Fulani, no one from the NW nor the NC, but they are not complaining. Why are the igbos complaining, aren't the calabars easterners?
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Duru1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2015
Most Nigerians are very short-ranged in the department of mental retentiveness. In 1985, Daura Dumbass, as head of state of Nigeria prefer to drink rat poison to supporting Dr Peter Onu as OAU secretary-general instead the Daura ninny supported a Fulani from Niger.
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
hamzeiy:

yes...no single igbo....you are all criminals....the one that mistakenlly got there iherijika is already in ICCs net...meaning he cant travel out of nigeria to any country he likes... ..You know why. ...he is an igbo criminal like every other igbo..simple no appologies

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by stayblack: 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Taylor86:

dude ur presido is so self centred and bias
JUST LIKE UR MONKEY BRAIN DAD....MONKEY,HIDE THERE ,DEY INSULT UR FAAAATHER.
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by vicadex07(m): 5:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
e no go better for you

olriburuku somebody

Taylor86:

dude ur presido is so self centred and bias
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by ikwubaba: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
chuna1985:

So out of about 20 positions till now, not a single Igbo man merits anything

Help urself to stay mute so that u can control the nonsense u say.

20 position. No Igbo man. did you ask how many tribes there are in Nigeria? So so Igbo. Una too dey position un self as the weeping child.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
You for book space first nah....lol. FTC kor, LTC nii

Teryfik:
FTC:dedicated 2 all my guys in warri......area!!! Chai see all this witches way dae up
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by fanedrive(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
Isn't the east biafra,why do you now want appointments in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

There are four service chiefs, the Chief of Defence Staff, the Chief of Army Staff, the Chief of Air Staff and the Chief of Naval Staff. They distributed equally, two each, between the north and the south. The CDS is from Ekiti State. The CoAS is from Borno State. The CoNS is from Cross River State. The CoAS is from Bauchi State. I wouldn't have loved to say this, but for your type, I would. The appointment of the four service chiefs is religiously equal between Islam and Christianity. The CDS and the CoNS are christians. The CoAS and the CoAS are muslims.
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Dezzx:
ehhhnn.... remind me again who is the Deputy senate President of the*th Assembly. undecided

u be dis constant fooool

Is deputy senate president an appointment
Re: Buhari Names New Service Chiefs by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
nduchucks:

gịnị mere i ji ịnubiga m? embarassed
kwusi iquotu m,Ibu onye mgbu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Invited Us To Intervene In EndSARS Crisis, Says Army / Boko Haram Negotiates Cease-fire, Chibok Girls Release In S’arabia / FG Orders Release Of Dasuki And Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.