Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:52 PM

Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? (3672 Views)

How Good Is Toyota Sienna Xle / Help: How Reliable Is Toyota Camry Orobo For Transportation Business / Is Toyota Running Out Of Design Ideas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by whyniel: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hello great auto expert.
I would like you to give you honest opinion on this please.
Is corolla 03/04 overpriced?
Which other brand/model can one go for considering car maintenance cost?
Re: Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by abatically(m): 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
It is not by force to buy a corolla. If u think it is overpriced then get something else. BMW 3 series, Mazda 3, Ford focus, Hyundai accent, Nissan sentra, Nissan almera, honda civic, etc all fall in the same class.

4 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by whyniel: 6:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
abatically:
It is not by force to buy a corolla. If u think it is overpriced then get something else. BMW 3 series, Mazda 3, Ford focus, Hyundai accent, Nissan sentra, Nissan almera, honda civic, etc all fall in the same class.
I'm referring the Toks here.
Ain't complaining but seeking for opinion sir.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by shamecurls(m): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2015
whyniel:
Hello great auto expert.

Toyota`s generally re over-priced in Nigeria. I will advice you go for a Benz, Honda or BMW in the same category with the Corolla. Under due maintenance schedule, you wont have any problem with these brands and parts re available. (Please stay clear of Kazeem`s with which ever car you end up buying)
Re: Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by whyniel: 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
shamecurls:

Toyota`s generally re over-priced in Nigeria. I will advice you go for a Benz, Honda or BMW in the same category with the Corolla. Under due maintenance schedule, you wont have any problem with these brands and parts re available. (Please stay clear of Kazeem`s with which ever car you end up buying)

Thanks sir.

I think Honda should be fine considering dealing with OEM parts when it comes German products.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by domack99(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
Its all about demand, the demand for those car are high compare to other brand model of the same year and the reason been that most people seek advice before buying a car especially from Mechanics and experienced car owners and the answer they we definitely get is go for Toyota.

Its all about demand and reason above is what drive the demand. The truth is Toyota Corolla engine are very simple and lots of China part flood our market which makes it less expensive to maintain. If you are not a Tech Savvy, its not advisable to use any other brand than Toyota Corolla models

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by shamecurls(m): 11:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
whyniel:

Thanks sir.

I think Honda should be fine considering dealing with OEM parts when it comes German products.

You re very right......An Honda will give you a same, if not better quality an d performance than a Toyota. It just happens to be over-priced in these part of the world though its a very good brand.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 14, 2015
whyniel:
Hello great auto expert.

I don''t think the car is over prized considering its durability, good fuel economy and easily available parts. The initial cost of purchasing this car may be expensive but at the long run there is a considerable value for money achieved. From my experience, that ride hardly visit the mechanic except for normal maintenance.

I have used mine for close to two years now and can''t regret buying the ride, every family needs the car.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by whyniel: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2015
chibabe3:

I don''t think the car is over prized considering its durability, good fuel economy and easily available parts. The initial cost of purchasing this car may be expensive but at the long run there is a considerable value for money achieved. From my experience, that ride hardly visit the mechanic except for normal maintenance.

I have used mine for close to two years now and can''t regret buying the ride, every family needs the car.

Hmmm, valid point. Thanks maam.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla 2003/2004 Overpriced? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 13, 2016

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy A Mercedes Benz C300 2015 / Top 10 All-time Best-selling Cars In Nigeria / Thinking Of Buying A Fairly-used Car(tokunbo)? Consider These 5 Steps...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.