Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. (35603 Views)

The Biggest 2015 Summer Transfers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2015
Largas:
what is kick off time please? I mean here in zinger is because we don't same time zone as America
4:00am on wednessday
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
shockwave91:

yeah "oblak", dats d name. So hu do we go 4 if De Gea leaves?
Romero d Argentine keeper n free agent who jst left Sampdoria or Jasper Cillessen of Ajax n Holland
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2015
xfanlegal:
Romero d Argentine keeper n free agent who jst left Sampdoria or Jasper Cillessen of Ajax n Holland

dose sound like some good choices. Out of the two i think i will go with Romero
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
Man.utd 3 san jose earthquake 1

Mata, pereira and depay scores with pereira impressing with silky displays
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
Van Gaal Reverts To Type To Plan Success

If you've been watching Manchester United in the International Champions Cup you would have picked up some big clues about Louis van Gaal's plans for the season.

It’s never wise to read too much into pre-season friendlies, but it’s hard not to see significance in the fact Louis van Gaal selected the same side for both of Manchester United’s first two games in the International Champions Cup.

Far more common, particularly with the games being played just four days apart, would be to try to give pitch time to an array of players and to avoid wearing anybody out. Van Gaal made little secret of his frustration at his side’s inability to assimilate his tactical instructions last season; this, perhaps, is a manager setting out the structure early.

It doesn’t necessarily mean Van Gaal will stick to the same shape all season —or even for the next game, against Barcelona on Saturday— because he is a coach who believes players should be able to adapt. But the basic formation so far has been a 4-2-3-1 similar to the one he used in his time at Bayern Munich and, on occasion, with the Netherlands both in his first spell in charge and then in his second before
the injury to Kevin Strootman prompted a rethink.

The preference for a back four is not a great surprise, given the way a number of United players struggled in a back three last season. What is more of a surprise is the two starting central defenders used so far have been Daley Blind and Phil Jones, with Chris Smalling only coming off the bench for both the 1-0 win over
Club America and the 3-1 victory against San Jose Earthquakes. That perhaps suggests Van Gaal wants centre-backs who are comfortable stepping out into midfield—although Smalling improved in that regard last season, it would be no great surprise to see him involved against Paris Saint-Germain or Barcelona.

Matteo Darmian and Luke Shaw were both involved at full-back, although Van Gaal indicated in a press conference ahead of the victory over San Jose that he sees Darmian as backup for Antonio Valencia , who is recovering after surgery, reported by the MailOnline. Shaw may be the first choice, but Blind could move
across if Smalling returns. There is also Marcos Rojo, whose preparations for the new season have yet to begin because of his involvement in the Copa America.

But what was really interesting was the midfield. In both games, Morgan Schneiderlin and Michael Carrick started in the anchor roles, a classic combination of a ball-winner and a passer—although Schneiderlin’s passing is excellent as well. In both games, they were
replaced at half-time by Bastian Schweinsteiger and Ander Herrera, a slightly more complex pairing.

Although Schweinsteiger replicates the passing range of Carrick, he is a more dynamic player, less inclined to sit deep and, through a combination of presence and positional sense, stifles opposition attacks almost before they happen. Herrera is less of a ball-winner than either Carrick or Schneiderlin and less inclined to play long passes, but he has pace and aggression.

Both pairings feature a 25-year-old and a player in his 30s, and in both, the idea seems to be that the younger man hunts the ball and the older stays back and fills the space. The pairings will, presumably, be mixed up as the season goes by, but Van Gaal’s thinking in that regard when everybody is available is intriguing.

The use of two holders has two other implications. It suggests Van Gaal feels he needs the stability of a pair in front of his back four, and it also means there is no obvious role for Marouane Fellaini, not if the intention is to play Wayne Rooney as a lone striker with Memphis Depay, Juan Mata and Ashley Young
behind him. If, as seems likely, another forward comes in, Rooney could drop back and Van Gaal permanent two from the other three with Adnan Januzaj in reserve.

That’s not to say Fellaini has no role to play in the coming season, more that it appears from these first two friendlies he will be a Plan B or a backup rather than the main attacking weapon it sometimes appeared he was last season. It appears Van Gaal is turning to a more traditional approach.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
shockwave91:

Van Gaal is a turkey head scumbag!! An assbag!! That's all i have to say. Why did he sign him in the 1st place? The man literally has zero interest in boosting player's morales and making them feel as a part of the team. Same thing he did with Falcao, saying that it wasn't his job to psyche him up. Watch Falcao under Mourinho....
Did it ever occur to you that Di Maria doesn't want to be at Manchester. He only came to us last season because P$G couldn't afford him and Madrid no longer wanted him. His head has always been in Paris and he's getting his wish now.

And talking about Van Gaals man management look what he did for the careers of Young, fellaini, smalling and dare I say Valencia last season

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
But despite all the signings the guy exciting me the most is Andreas Pereira. Been monitoring him since he made his debut last season.

He's a good dribbler and definitely has an eye for a pass. Just hope he doesn't go down the same route as Januzaj.

As for Januzaj he needs to sit his ass up and get back on track pretty soon.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Did it ever occur to you that Di Maria doesn't want to be at Manchester. He only came to us last season because P$G couldn't afford him and Madrid no longer wanted him. His head has always been in Paris and he's getting his wish now.

And talking about Van Gaals man management look what he did for the careers of Young, fellaini, smalling and dare I say Valencia last season

really? y didn't he perform d same magic on falcao & van persie? I don't want to complain too much, but i just feel the guy's too stiff. he's d kinda guy who expects every player to think 4 himself(not that it's a bad thing). He's not "a player's manager"(the manager a player can die for)

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2015
shockwave91:

really? y didn't he perform d same magic on falcao & van persie? I don't want to complain too much, but i just feel the guy's too stiff. he's d kinda guy who expects every player to think 4 himself(not that it's a bad thing). He's not "a player's manager"(the manager a player can die for)
Well then you don't know LVG. RVP and Falcao were two old players who were both past it. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. And also Falcao was just coming back from a long term injury so he was never going to be the same Falcao we all knew. The guy couldn't even do basic things like trapping the ball and holding up play talk less of scoring.

Just watch out this season he's just going to be a backup at Chelsea. Highest he'll only start capital one cup, F.A cup and some dead rubber league matches. But mark my word you won't see Falcao starting any important match unless Costa is injured.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Well then you don't know LVG. RVP and Falcao were two old players who were both past it. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. And also Falcao was just coming back from a long term injury so he was never going to be the same Falcao we all knew. The guy couldn't even do basic things like trapping the ball and holding up play talk less of scoring.

Just watch out this season he's just going to be a backup at Chelsea. Highest he'll only start capital one cup, F.A cup and some dead rubber league matches. But mark my word you won't see Falcao starting any important match unless Costa is injured.

r u willing to bet on this??
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
shockwave91:

r u willing to bet on this??
BET with what?
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
BET with what?
what do u cherish most in life?
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
Brytawon:
Van Gaal Reverts To Type To Plan Success

If you've been watching Manchester United in the International Champions Cup you would have picked up some big clues about Louis van Gaal's plans for the season.

It’s never wise to read too much into pre-season friendlies, but it’s hard not to see significance in the fact Louis van Gaal selected the same side for both of Manchester United’s first two games in the International Champions Cup.

Far more common, particularly with the games being played just four days apart, would be to try to give pitch time to an array of players and to avoid wearing anybody out. Van Gaal made little secret of his frustration at his side’s inability to assimilate his tactical instructions last season; this, perhaps, is a manager setting out the structure early.

It doesn’t necessarily mean Van Gaal will stick to the same shape all season —or even for the next game, against Barcelona on Saturday— because he is a coach who believes players should be able to adapt. But the basic formation so far has been a 4-2-3-1 similar to the one he used in his time at Bayern Munich and, on occasion, with the Netherlands both in his first spell in charge and then in his second before
the injury to Kevin Strootman prompted a rethink.

The preference for a back four is not a great surprise, given the way a number of United players struggled in a back three last season. What is more of a surprise is the two starting central defenders used so far have been Daley Blind and Phil Jones, with Chris Smalling only coming off the bench for both the 1-0 win over
Club America and the 3-1 victory against San Jose Earthquakes. That perhaps suggests Van Gaal wants centre-backs who are comfortable stepping out into midfield—although Smalling improved in that regard last season, it would be no great surprise to see him involved against Paris Saint-Germain or Barcelona.

Matteo Darmian and Luke Shaw were both involved at full-back, although Van Gaal indicated in a press conference ahead of the victory over San Jose that he sees Darmian as backup for Antonio Valencia , who is recovering after surgery, reported by the MailOnline. Shaw may be the first choice, but Blind could move
across if Smalling returns. There is also Marcos Rojo, whose preparations for the new season have yet to begin because of his involvement in the Copa America.

But what was really interesting was the midfield. In both games, Morgan Schneiderlin and Michael Carrick started in the anchor roles, a classic combination of a ball-winner and a passer—although Schneiderlin’s passing is excellent as well. In both games, they were
replaced at half-time by Bastian Schweinsteiger and Ander Herrera, a slightly more complex pairing.

Although Schweinsteiger replicates the passing range of Carrick, he is a more dynamic player, less inclined to sit deep and, through a combination of presence and positional sense, stifles opposition attacks almost before they happen. Herrera is less of a ball-winner than either Carrick or Schneiderlin and less inclined to play long passes, but he has pace and aggression.

Both pairings feature a 25-year-old and a player in his 30s, and in both, the idea seems to be that the younger man hunts the ball and the older stays back and fills the space. The pairings will, presumably, be mixed up as the season goes by, but Van Gaal’s thinking in that regard when everybody is available is intriguing.

The use of two holders has two other implications. It suggests Van Gaal feels he needs the stability of a pair in front of his back four, and it also means there is no obvious role for Marouane Fellaini, not if the intention is to play Wayne Rooney as a lone striker with Memphis Depay, Juan Mata and Ashley Young
behind him. If, as seems likely, another forward comes in, Rooney could drop back and Van Gaal permanent two from the other three with Adnan Januzaj in reserve.

That’s not to say Fellaini has no role to play in the coming season, more that it appears from these first two friendlies he will be a Plan B or a backup rather than the main attacking weapon it sometimes appeared he was last season. It appears Van Gaal is turning to a more traditional approach.
I Love ur analysis bro..van gaal wants a left footed center back so i see blind playing there next season. I love memphis and rooney upfront no need to spend big on a frontman. I love the midfield combinations, i only have 1 wish, which is to sign Otamendi and then we are ready to go.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2015
Reezy07:
News has been going that Manchester United are interested in the Bayern Munich forward, and are ready to pay much to bring him to Old Trafford. But recently, the CEO of Bayern...http://reezymadona..com/2015/07/karl-heinz-rummenigge-thomas-muller-is.html
It's obvious Muller is not for sale. We should qive hernadez more game time up front am sure he'll deliver
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
I wish Falcao Goodluck at chelsea. The fact that he didn't perform at man.utd does not mean he's bound to fail at chelsea. On his day, he's a top striker..

LAST BULLET: Ander perreira is a very creative and exciting player to watch.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2015
my ideal team for next season will be
De Gea
Darmian Smalling Otamendi Shaw
Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger
Mata Herrera Deepay
Rooney

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2015
Lilprincey:

I Love ur analysis bro..van gaal wants a left footed center back so i see blind playing there next season. I love memphis and rooney upfront no need to spend big on a frontman. I love the midfield combinations, i only have 1 wish, which is to sign Otamendi and then we are ready to go.

I think the chase of Sergio Ramos has already been lost and I think LVG and Ed Woodward should change their direction to Nicolas Otamendi. We need no more proof to indicate that Ramos will still be with R. Madrid next season and beyond.
We have to make a sharp move on Otamendi cos of recent, I hear our close rivals [Manchester City] are also keen on his signature but what remains a factor in Otamendi's transfer to Old Trafford is that Ed Woodward is unwilling to activate his release clause.

It seems we have also lost the chase of Pedro cos Barcelona's president has made it clear today that they are done with the business of the transfer market and any player still in the team, is of importance. Pedro was suppose to be a replacement for Di Maria if he leaves. It also seems Ed Woodward will still want to have a talk with the club and player before our clash with them on Saturday to finalise any deal as Woodward flew back to Manchester to deal with the Di Maria's saga and will fly back to America before Saturday.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
Brytawon:

I think the chase of Sergio Ramos has already been lost and I think LVG and Ed Woodward should change their direction to Nicolas Otamendi. We need no more proof to indicate that Ramos will still be with R. Madrid next season and beyond.
We have to make a sharp move on Otamendi cos of recent, I hear our close rivals [Manchester City] are also keen on his signature but what remains a factor in Otamendi's transfer to Old Trafford is that Ed Woodward is unwilling to activate his release clause.

It seems we have also lost the chase of Pedro cos Barcelona's president has made it clear today that they are done with the business of the transfer market and any player still in the team, is of importance. Pedro was suppose to be a replacement for Di Maria if he leaves. It also seems Ed Woodward will still want to have a talk with the club and player before our clash with them on Saturday to finalise any deal as Woodward flew back to Manchester to deal with the Di Maria's saga and will fly back to America before Saturday.
Sergio Ramos would not be sold it's crystal clear. Just activate the buyout clause and get otamendi. I wish di mari stays at man.utd
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
Brytawon:

Pedro has a release clause of 22 million. If we make the offer they have no option but to accept
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 6:12am On Jul 24, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Pedro has a release clause of 22 million. If we make the offer they have no option but to accept

It's still the transfer market and anything can happen. Pedro is a good player that can add quality to any team he finds himself. Pedro I can't put all my bet on but I know if he's bought, will make Manchester United's attack more deadlier. He's worth taking risk for since Di Maria's heart is keen on a move to PSG.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 6:18am On Jul 24, 2015
Lilprincey:

Sergio Ramos would not be sold it's crystal clear. Just activate the buyout clause and get otamendi. I wish di mari stays at man.utd

My brother not all wishes come true. Di Maria once said he wanted to fight for his future in Old Trafford and I might want to believe that but you see when family is involved, anything can happen. I'm not ruling out Di Maria's stay but a transfer is also seeming inevitable.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 6:30am On Jul 24, 2015
It seems the David De Gea's constant transfer move rumors to R. Madrid is almost over as Louis Van Gaal has told the goalkeeper to stay put at Old Trafford as no move would be accepted this season again. We might be finally having him for another one season but the tactical approach used by LVG amazes me.

From what I see, it seems United reluctance to sell him is to push Madrid to sort another keeper in the market and when their keepers impress this coming season, De Gea might fall in their pecking order and the transfer might not be pushed through.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 7:12am On Jul 24, 2015
Brytawon:
It seems the David De Gea's constant transfer move rumors to R. Madrid is almost over as Louis Van Gaal has told the goalkeeper to stay put at Old Trafford as no move would be accepted this season again. We might be finally having him for another one season but the tactical approach used by LVG amazes me.

From what I see, it seems United reluctance to sell him is to push Madrid to sort another keeper in the market and when their keepers impress this coming season, De Gea might fall in their pecking order and the transfer might not be pushed through.
Truth is madrid offered 15 million for DDG, which was a total insult. Better to let him leave on a free than sell him for that amount.

I still have hope that if he stays this season he'll sign a contract extension.

but all these Spanish players don tire me. Upon how bad they see madrid treat their players they're still struggling to go there.
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 7:21am On Jul 24, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Truth is madrid offered 15 million for DDG, which was a total insult. Better to let him leave on a free than sell him for that amount.

I still have hope that if he stays this season he'll sign a contract extension.

but all these Spanish players don tire me. Upon how bad they see madrid treat their players they're still struggling to go there.

The transfer market is still much open and anything can still happen but all I know is that De Gea is staying put for another season. But my fear is that won't this saga affect his services for Manchester United come next season?
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 8:56am On Jul 24, 2015
Brytawon:

My brother not all wishes come true. Di Maria once said he wanted to fight for his future in Old Trafford and I might want to believe that but you see when family is involved, anything can happen. I'm not ruling out Di Maria's stay but a transfer is also seeming inevitable.
Dats true let's watch and see
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 8:59am On Jul 24, 2015
Lilprincey:
Dats true let's watch and see

#GGMU
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2015
Brytawon:

The transfer market is still much open and anything can still happen but all I know is that De Gea is staying put for another season. But my fear is that won't this saga affect his services for Manchester United come next season?
It won't affect his performances. Remember that the Euros are next year and he'll want to perform well to be Spain's first choice keeper
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

It won't affect his performances. Remember that the Euros are next year and he'll want to perform well to be Spain's first choice keeper

I can't concur less...
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Lilprincey(m): 10:05am On Jul 24, 2015
Manchester united vs Barcelona
Levi's stadium, santa clara
saturday 25 july, 9:00pm NG time
Re: Manchester United Transfers And Discussions.. by Brytawon(m): 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
INJURY UPDATE ON SCHWEINSTEIGER AND DE GEA AHEAD OF BARCELONA MATCH

Louis van Gaal expects David De Gea to return against Barcelona on Saturday, although the Manchester United manager has confirmed Bastian Schweinsteiger will not play through injury.

The German has made two appearances on Tour 2015, presented by AON, but has sustained a “little injury” in training that will prevent him from facing the La Liga champions at Levi’s Stadium.

De Gea is yet to make an appearance in the United States but the boss believes his Spanish goalkeeper will feature on Saturday, possibly from the beginning in an XI that will play for 60 minutes. Van Gaal also confirmed to MUTV that Antonio Valencia who like De Gea has missed the opening two matches, is
available again after a minor injury.

During his pre-match press conference the United manager revealed the team that starts against Barca could be selected to face Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford on the opening day of the Barclay Premier
League season on 8 August.

Asked if he will play two different line-ups on Saturday, just like he did in the previous victories against Club America and San Jose Earthquakes, van Gaal admitted: "I cannot do that because, for example, Schweinsteiger cannot play because he had a little injury. So maybe I have Schweinsteiger in my head in
the line-up but I cannot do that, but I will play the line-up I think could play against Tottenham.

"We play the first 60 minutes so I have to make a selection already between players, if you play 60 minutes or 30. Our building-up programme was 45 so now you can see which direction I think."

Quizzed on De Gea's fitness and the chances of him starting the Premier League opener against Spurs, the boss told reporters: "When a player is injured, it is the same thing what happens in the season. Then you have to wait and you have seen it because in England it is more usual players are coming in after injuries, but I give them time to recover and build up their fitness."

Angel Di Maria, Marcos Rojo and Javier Hernandez will all join the touring squad on Saturday, having enjoyed an extended break following their involvement in the Copa America and Gold Cup. On Di Maria, van Gaal says it is too soon for him to play against Barca.

"He cannot play in the game because we have to build him up," the boss said. "When you come out of your holidays you cannot play a game immediately so that is out of the question."

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Sevilla Vs Manchester United : UCL (0 - 0) On 21st February 2018 / Chelsea Vs Brentford (1 - 4) On 2nd April 2022 / Wolfsburg Vs Manchester United: UCL (3 - 2) On 8th December 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.