Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari (30938 Views)

FG Will Not Remove Oil Subsidy In 2016 – Minister / War Against Corruption Has Not Started Yet - Buhari / Breaking News: Buhari Removed FUEL SUBSIDY, Yet Reduces Petrol To N85 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by Yhunoos: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA–President Muhammadu Buhari, Monday in Abuja said that his government may not remove the petroleum subsidy, stating that the reasons so far canvassed for its removal did not sound plausible.

He added that the absence of subsidy will have adverse effect on the poor and jobless Nigerians.

Speaking after receiving a briefing from the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other agencies in the oil sector, President Buhari said that he will carefully review all the submissions he had received on the need to remove the subsidies.

“I have received many literature on the need to remove subsidies, but much of it has no depth.

“When you touch the price of petroleum products, that has the effect of triggering price rises on transportation, food and rents. That is for those who earn salaries, but there are many who are jobless and will be affected by it,” he said.

According to the president, what impeded transparency in the oil sector may not be the subsidy but lack of security, sabotage, vandalism, corruption and mismanagement.

He however promised to deal decisively with all identified problems of the oil and gas sector.

“We have to go back to the good old days of transparency and accountability,” the President said .

A statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu stated that “President Buhari directed the NNPC to review existing agreements for the swapping of crude oil for refined products with a view to injecting more honesty and transparency into the process to reduce costs”, even as he also “asked the NNPC management to do more to improve the supply of liquefied petroleum Gas (cooking gas).”

Cc lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/no-genuine-reason-to-remove-oil-subsidy-yet-buhari/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by mdbissalla(m): 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
ok! waiting for when the reason becomes geniue. i have never doubted you (PMB) for once, but pls STOP boko boyz now! its becoming worrisome & confusing

#PMBshallSucceed

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by Sunofgod(m): 9:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
At last, some positive news from Buhari - grin

[img]http://media2./media/MhHcCN6PoTdL2/200w.gif[/img]

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by merry02(m): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2015
Daura President!I think he said is a scam?that he knws nothing about subsidy!

149 Likes 14 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by Pavore9: 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
We are observing.
Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by drnoel: 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
Yhunoos:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA–President Muhammadu Buhari, Monday in Abuja said that his government may not remove the petroleum subsidy, stating that the reasons so far canvassed for its removal did not sound plausible.

He added that the absence of subsidy will have adverse effect on the poor and jobless Nigerians.

Speaking after receiving a briefing from the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other agencies in the oil sector, President Buhari said that he will carefully review all the submissions he had received on the need to remove the subsidies.

“I have received many literature on the need to remove subsidies, but much of it has no depth.

“When you touch the price of petroleum products, that has the effect of triggering price rises on transportation, food and rents. That is for those who earn salaries, but there are many who are jobless and will be affected by it,” he said.

According to the president, what impeded transparency in the oil sector may not be the subsidy but lack of security, sabotage, vandalism, corruption and mismanagement.

He however promised to deal decisively with all identified problems of the oil and gas sector.

“We have to go back to the good old days of transparency and accountability,” the President said .

A statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu stated that “President Buhari directed the NNPC to review existing agreements for the swapping of crude oil for refined products with a view to injecting more honesty and transparency into the process to reduce costs”, even as he also “asked the NNPC management to do more to improve the supply of liquefied petroleum Gas (cooking gas).”

Cc lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/no-genuine-reason-to-remove-oil-subsidy-yet-buhari/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Same man that said there was no subsidy of petroleum.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by baralatie(m): 9:17pm On Jul 13, 2015
No problem it means the oil marketers continue to make their money and bye- bye refinery project.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by Jorussia(m): 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by fashoo2010(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
There were a lot of lies dat Nigerians were told b4 the election... God see us tru

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by warrior01: 9:24pm On Jul 13, 2015
I thought there was nothing like petroleum subsidy in Nigeria, so why remove something that doesn't exist? Something must really be wrong with the mental state of mr Buhari

138 Likes 14 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2015
APC! change!
Change who? Change Jonathan!

LaaaffFfssssssssssss
Laaaffssssssssssssssss
Laaaaaafffffffssssssssssssss
Llllllaaaaaaaffffffffffffssssssssss

I don forget say we don change am sef.. To God be d glory .. Children of hate.. Oya make una attackk and start barking..

Lllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffffffffssssss
Fake news

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ka echere m na onye awusa a siri na ya amaghi ihe bu subsidy?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by KEVIND: 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2015
I thought PMB & APC said there's nothing like subsidy.That petrol subsidy is a FRAUD & conduit Pipe to defraud & deceive Nigerians.

87 Likes 11 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
The same Buhari that said subsidy was a scam?

Gen Muhammadu Buhari before his inauguration
"We could tell how much Nigerian crude cost, the cost of transportation from there to the refinery, the cost of refining, the cost of transportation to the pump stations and maybe 5 percent go for overhead.
I can understand if Nigerians pay for those costs. But somebody is saying he is subsidizing Nigerians. Who is subsidizing who?"
www.dailytrust.com.ng/sunday/index.php/top-stories/20804-i-don-t-know-what-fuel-subsidy-means-buhari

120 Likes 14 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by GreatEngineer(m): 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
I thought you said there is nothing as subsidy, why are you now considering not removing it now.
I can see that you didn't have any clue what is going on in the country and you are fighting tooth and nail to become the president.
Speaking from both sides of your mouth doesn't pay a times.

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by bjdon: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
haba, I thught he said there is no such thing as subsidy and its one big fraud.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by free2ryhme: 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
grin

Simply brilliant! Create a condusive environment that will alleviate the sufferings of 2/3 of Nigerians before the idea of subsiby removal becomes a good one. Who will suffer most if the subsidy is removed? The poor or the rich?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by Swagavillage(m): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
all I know is that you promised to reform the oil sector shikena http://yesreport..com/2015/07/i-will-reform-oil-sector-buhari.html?m=0
Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by Eliza5050(f): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Buhari is simply d best.
For carrying d poor mata for head like lakpalakpa,
may u rule till 2099.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by sdindan: 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Someone should slap this man so that he can regain his senses

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Fingers crossed
Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by anonimi: 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
Really?
Is this man CONFUSED or just simply showing that he is indeed an illiterate with no clue about anything on governance

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2589504_subsidy2_jpeg57ea79bc1f8758353f00f8db1d53dbf1

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by free2ryhme: 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
Thanks Buhari.
The problem of corruption in the oil sector , sabotage, wastage have to be dealt with before considering tinkering with the subsidised petroleum products prices for ordinary Nigeria masses.
Removing the subsidies first without dealing with the afore mentioned is a LAZY MANS attitude to facing challenging governance issues involved here.
Sadly all former presidents are more tuned to that option because they lack sincerity, poise,commitment to take on the cabal head on.
Godspeed Mr president. You delight me .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by alaoeri: 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
The masses President.

1 Like

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by blemon44(m): 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
BUT HE SAID SUBSIDY IS A FRAUD

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by atlwireles: 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2015

When was that undecided

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by osiopla: 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
I thought he once said that there was nothing like subsidy. So why still maintain and pay for what does not exist?

Change mouth

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by chesterlee(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
"I don't know the meaning of Subsidy". ~Buhari

This Agbaya can lie sha!!!!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by yioroa: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lol. So many rhetorical questions for Buhari concerning his stand on subsidy during campaign. May God save us from this propaganda that have befallen us as a nation

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by olanyte: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
let's weight and see
Re: No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari by StOla: 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2015
A man of the people.

So much unlike the poor boy who had no shoes, yet he had no empathy either.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Sacks All NCAA Directors / Biokpomabo Awara: Wike Offered Me N3 Billion – PDP Denies It / APC Women Leaders Visit Tinubu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.