Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,775 members, 7,806,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Who Shld Say "Thank U" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Shld Say "Thank U" (1304 Views)

Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You' / Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Shld Say "Thank U" by jamesbridget13(f): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
i want us to talk abt this
who shld say thank you after a meal?
is it d huzy, wify or both?

i personally think it shld come from both of them. i observed recently that, some men find it out of line to say thanks to their wives after a meal. may be because they felt they are d source or perhaps d head of d home.

i do also observe recently too that most women find it unnecessary to say thank you to their husbands after a meal. may be because they felt they took d stress to get d meal ready.

nairalanders, have u been saying thank u to ur spouse after a meal?
do u also feel its not important to do dat?
whats your take on this?
Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by meimoks(f): 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2015
every member of the family should say thank you. To the provider, to the cook, to the ones that do the dishes and even to those that ate food

3 Likes

Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by Ewuro4: 9:30pm On Jul 13, 2015
Please and Thank yous are both preliminary home training curricullum every living being must possess. My dog even says thank you after a walk and a treat.
Fighting over who and whom should say it first is just lack of it .

Get yourselves proper home training you lacked before going into marriage to avoid trivial squabbles that lead to divorce and leave young children miserable.
Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by Haywhymido(m): 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
it shd come frm both of dem, 1st frm d husband den d wife's own shd follow. no matter how old or young the person dat serve me is, i always say my thank u to dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by jamesbridget13(f): 7:26am On Jul 15, 2015
i see. dats cool
Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by ladyju(f): 11:28am On Jul 15, 2015
I think both. We don't say thank after meal in my house we don't think it's necessary. Hubby doesn't like it.
Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by jamesbridget13(f): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2015
ladyju:
I think both. We don't say thank after meal in my house we don't think it's necessary. Hubby doesn't like it.
really? n do ur kids say thank u to u after a meal? or is dat also not necessary?
Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by misspicy(f): 11:50am On Jul 15, 2015
Wife and husband shuld exchange their thank yous....children shuld thank der parent after a meal.
It all boils down to good etiquettes

1 Like

Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by efemenaslectura: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2015
meimoks:
every member of the family should say thank you. To the provider, to the cook, to the ones that do the dishes and even to those that ate food
lobatan grin

funny enough while growing up my mom mandated that we should say thank you to whoever cooked the food or served it. Now as an adult I am so used to saying thank you every time that when I went to a restaurant some 2 days ago with my daughter. When the waiter served us I said thank you and he said I don't have to say thank you I'm paying for his services and in any case he's doing his job. I said I know but all the same thank you. It doesn't take anything out of anybody its just basic courtesy wai

4 Likes

Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by 5minsmadness: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
efemenaslectura:
lobatan grin

funny enough while growing up my mom mandated that we should say thank you to whoever cooked the food or served it. Now as an adult I am so used to saying thank you every time that when I went to a restaurant some 2 days ago with my daughter. When the waiter served us I said thank you and he said I don't have to say thank you I'm paying for his services and in any case he's doing his job. I said I know but all the same thank you. It doesn't take anything out of anybody its just basic courtesy wai

The waiter was wrong. You were right. You say thank you Regardless of whether you pay or not. That's proper etiquette.

1 Like

Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by efemenaslectura: 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

The waiter was wrong. You were right. You say thank you Regardless of whether you pay or not. That's proper etiquette.
5minsmadness cheesy grin grin

I don't even know what to say to you. I don't know whether you just deliberately get naughty some days and become a sweet heart some other days grin

Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by 5minsmadness: 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
efemenaslectura:
5minsmadness cheesy grin grin

I don't even know what to say to you. I don't know whether you just deliberately get naughty some days and become a sweet heart some other days grin

Hence the 5minsmadness grin

Fear never let me try that your macaroni and corned beef o, trying to avoid cholesterol. But I suspect I will soon yield to temptation embarassed
Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by efemenaslectura: 1:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
5minsmadness:

Hence the 5minsmadness grin

Fear never let me try that your macaroni and corned beef o, trying to avoid cholesterol. But I suspect I will soon yield to temptation embarassed
you only have one life. If you feel like eating macaroni eat it. You won't eat it when you are 50or 60 because by then you'll be on doctors prescription so why don't you eat whatever you want to eat
Re: Who Shld Say "Thank U" by jamesbridget13(f): 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
misspicy:
Wife and husband shuld exchange their thank yous....children shuld thank der parent after a meal.
It all boils down to good etiquettes
i think i agree with u misspicy

(1) (Reply)

How North And Islam Became A Scape Goat For Teenager's Folly / Rings & Court Marriage / Help, Neglect And Battering Of Wife And Children By Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.