Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

Help Gear Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Gear Problem (2213 Views)

Gear Problem / Honda Bullet Tiger Face Auto Gear Problem / Step By Step Guide On How I Fixed Audi A4 2002 Gear Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Gear Problem by bojokayode(m): 8:25am On Jul 14, 2015
Pls I need urgent help.I serviced my car engine&gear last week Monday&travelled with it to Osun State.I discovered that the light on d D4 was blinking&the car was jerking to select&not driving well.I stopped to check what the problem was but detected nothing.So whenever it starts blinking&jerking before changing gear,i switch off the ignition&put on again then it starts working fine.For sometime, It accelerated&drove well.But came back again on the return journey to Ibadan.Again I had a smooth ride to Lagos from Ibadan.I Complained to my Mechanic who said it was the oil used(Sea horse) that I'll need to change it.I did that yesterday to Holts& d problem went wild.This time,it doesn't select at all, still blinks on the dash board.early this morning,I tried taking it to the mechanic only to discover that it goes offwhenever I put on drive but the reverse is still good.
Pls I need ur suggestions as this will help my decision.
Re: Help Gear Problem by mayor2013: 9:02am On Jul 14, 2015
Pls state the type and specs of your car. How do we know what car you talking about sad you need to run a diagnosis/scan first that would tell you the next line of action. We are currently running a free diagnosis if you are in lagos call 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: Help Gear Problem by Kashif(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2015
bojokayode:
Pls I need urgent help.I serviced my car engine&gear last week Monday&travelled with it to Osun State.I discovered that the light on d D4 was blinking&the car was jerking to select&not driving well.I stopped to check what the problem was but detected nothing.So whenever it starts blinking&jerking before changing gear,i switch off the ignition&put on again then it starts working fine.For sometime, It accelerated&drove well.But came back again on the return journey to Ibadan.Again I had a smooth ride to Lagos from Ibadan.I Complained to my Mechanic who said it was the oil used(Sea horse) that I'll need to change it.I did that yesterday to Holts& d problem went wild.This time,it doesn't select at all, still blinks on the dash board.early this morning,I tried taking it to the mechanic only to discover that it goes offwhenever I put on drive but the reverse is still good.

You just post this and expect magicians to go figuring out your car details? undecided
Re: Help Gear Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26am On Jul 14, 2015
bojokayode:

I see a gearbox replacement coming up very soon with the way you are going with transmission oils.

It's obviously a honda and it's from 98 upwards.

Proper transmission oil is Dw1 and you have to completely flush. Meaning you need 6quarts.

A quart costs 3,000.

Contact me via 08033910382 or 08023251039 for a scan and fix.

Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: Help Gear Problem by gbeseun(m): 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Climbing up the hill is hard for my car,Camry pencil light

Whenever I want to climb up,its a mirage and d reverse humm and is slow before it pick up
Re: Help Gear Problem by aristocrat(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
bojokayode:

bro, pls am having dsame problem with my honda baby boy 2001 model.
once my drive 4 is blinking it doesnt move well, later it will pick, this same problem damaged my first gear box, i bought another gear box, d same problem persisted despite all scanning. right now i cant use d car. pls can u give me ur no or something?
i just need someone i can talk to on this issue cos av spent so much still not getting result.
Re: Help Gear Problem by mayor2013: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
aristocrat:

once my drive 4 is blinking it doesnt move well, later it will pick, this same problem damaged my first gear box, i bought another gear box, d same problem persisted despite all scanning. right now i cant use d car. pls can u give me ur no or something?
i just need someone i can talk to on this issue cos av spent so much still not getting result.

Perhaps you are buying a non quality gear box or you are not using rhe the right specifcation of transmission oil for your car. If you need assistance on repair reach us on 08165520837 or 08156087872. Scanning is free
Re: Help Gear Problem by Kashif(m): 5:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
aristocrat:

What is the result of you scan? You may be having an underlying electrical issue. Was it the reason you replaced your original transmission, or something else went wrong, and this one started after a swap? Your mechanic should check the transmission harness. If your car is I4, it is easy to swap the SSB and SSC connectors with CPC solenoid A and B harness connectors. Use wire colors to identify the correct harness connectors.

See attached.

Re: Help Gear Problem by aristocrat(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
Kashif:

What is the result of you scan? You may be having an underlying electrical issue. Was it the reason you replaced your original transmission, or something else went wrong, and this one started after a swap? Your mechanic should check the transmission harness. If your car is I4, it is easy to swap the SSB and SSC connectors with CPC solenoid A and B harness connectors. Use wire colors to identify the correct harness connectors.

See attached.

4MONTHS AGO, I JUST OBSERVED IF AM DRIVING AFTER ABT 30MINS DRIVE MY DRIVE 4 LIGHT WILL B BLINKING AND D CAR WONT MOVE WELL BUT WILL PICK LATER, THIS THING PERSISTED TILL D GEAR GOT CONDEMNED DAT ALL THE FIBRE GOT MELTED TOGETHER, I WAS ADVICED TO GET ANOTHER GERA BOX WHICH I DID IN LADIPO MARKET, I BOUGHT ANOTHER 1 AND DISCOVERED D SAME PROBLEM ON THE NEW GEAR BOX.
I REMOVED D GEAR BOX TOOK D CAR TO OYIGBO AND SPENT ANOTHER 1MONTH TO FIX D NEW GEAR BOX, DOU THE ENGINEER DAT FIXED D GEAR BOX TOLD ME I BOUGHT A GEAR BOX DAT HAS BEEN WORKED ON UNKNOWINGLY TO ME.
D GEAR MASTER CHANGED D FIBRES, ASE, AND EVEN D CONVERTER, ON COUPLING D CAR D PROBLEM PERSISTED.
AS I SPEAK D CAR IS STILL IN MY COMPOUND COS I CANT USE IT AGAIN FOR THE GEAR BOX NOT TO B FAULTY AS D FIRST 1 DID.

D CAR IS V6 HONDA BABY BOY.
KINDLY AVAIL ME WITH YOUR PHONE NO.
Re: Help Gear Problem by chillex8(m): 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2015
aristocrat:

4MONTHS AGO, I JUST OBSERVED IF AM DRIVING AFTER ABT 30MINS DRIVE MY DRIVE 4 LIGHT WILL B BLINKING AND D CAR WONT MOVE WELL BUT WILL PICK LATER, THIS THING PERSISTED TILL D GEAR GOT CONDEMNED DAT ALL THE FIBRE GOT MELTED TOGETHER, I WAS ADVICED TO GET ANOTHER GERA BOX WHICH I DID IN LADIPO MARKET, I BOUGHT ANOTHER 1 AND DISCOVERED D SAME PROBLEM ON THE NEW GEAR BOX.
I REMOVED D GEAR BOX TOOK D CAR TO OYIGBO AND SPENT ANOTHER 1MONTH TO FIX D NEW GEAR BOX, DOU THE ENGINEER DAT FIXED D GEAR BOX TOLD ME I BOUGHT A GEAR BOX DAT HAS BEEN WORKED ON UNKNOWINGLY TO ME.
D GEAR MASTER CHANGED D FIBRES, ASE, AND EVEN D CONVERTER, ON COUPLING D CAR D PROBLEM PERSISTED.
AS I SPEAK D CAR IS STILL IN MY COMPOUND COS I CANT USE IT AGAIN FOR THE GEAR BOX NOT TO B FAULTY AS D FIRST 1 DID.

call 08092802298 if in lagos.
Re: Help Gear Problem by mayor2013: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2015
aristocrat:

Cal 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: Help Gear Problem by DECOtech(m): 8:52am On Aug 14, 2015
bojokayode:

You did not tell us what model and year of car you are talking about. But from what u have described. You have killed ur gear box with the wrong oil.

Buy a new gear box n pls, use "DW1" ATF if its a honda.

(1) (Reply)

Between Benz ML 350 & BMW X5 Both 08 / I Am Upset / E46 323ci - Need More Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.