Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,560 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri (34874 Views)

CJTF Repells Suicide Bomber In Borno State (graphic Photos) / I’m One Of Chibok Girls’, Pleads Arrested Suicide Bomber In Cameroon / Dasuki Wanted To Assassinate Me For Reporting Him To Jonathan – NATFORCE DG (2) (3) (4)

Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by ijustdey: 10:04am On Jul 14, 2015
Residents of Maiduguri, the Borno State capital have faulted the arrest of a brave Taxi driver, Rabiu Usman, popularly known as Billejo, who reported to security his suspicion of one of his passengers that turned out to be a suicide bomber.

A resident who spoke on the matter said “it is very unfortunate that instead of commending his effort at saving lives he was arrested by the military at Sector six and subsequently moved to Maimalari military cantonment at about 6:00pm on Monday”.

It could be recalled that the taxi driver while heading for Maiduguri with his passengers was stopped by another passenger. On getting to a security checkpoint, he reported his suspicion before the bomber detonated himself.

Residents said there are strong fears that he might be victimised despite his gallantry effort by exposing the insurgent, thereby saving lives, a situation which might discourage residents from reporting any suspicious movement around them.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/14/boko-haram-brave-taxi-driver-arrested-for-reporting-suicide-bomber-in-maiduguri/

lalasticlala
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2015
FTC dedicated to my treasure for buying me a new phone today citing that i disgraced her yesterday. THIS IS VERY BAD, IT MAY DISCOURAGE OTHER PEOPLE FROM GIVING INFORMATION CONCERNING THE SECT.

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 14, 2015
It only happens in Nigeria , made in naija madness grin dey torture pple for releasing informations that helps the safety of lives

50 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by gabazin080(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2015
its because police is your friend

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Khd95(m): 10:28am On Jul 14, 2015
adeekiti:
It only happens in Nigeria , made in naija madness
. nt just in Nigeria bruh

Once u report any crime its xpedient da such reporter b held for a while probably to get more info from such person

U jst dnt let em go like dat....ion tink is an arrest

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by talktrue1(m): 10:31am On Jul 14, 2015
In Nigeria, expect unexpected

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by PassingShot(m): 10:32am On Jul 14, 2015
The circumstance made his arrest reasonable. Hopefully he will be released after investigations.

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 14, 2015
Khd95:
. nt just in Nigeria bruh

Once u report any crime its xpedient da such reporter b held for a while probably to get more info from such person

U jst dnt let em go like dat....ion tink is an arrest
yeah
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Bonapart(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2015
The military knows what they doing so you guys should just shut up already

Not as if they gonna kill him or jail him

They must investigate and probe him a little bit
Only in North you can't trust nobody... they all bunch of boko haram sympathisers

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by ogunwalea(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2015
Lobatan!!! Welcome to Nigeria where reporting of crime is punishable BY LAW

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Swagavillage(m): 10:41am On Jul 14, 2015
na wa o..dis guys Don go repackage demselves ..attack b like normal tin for here,even Maiduguri Sef get time table for attack.. yesterday dem get 2 period http://yesreport..nl/2015/07/maiduguri-attacked-second-time-today.html?m=0
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by premiums: 10:41am On Jul 14, 2015
Arresting a patriotic Nigerian whose actions saved lots of lives is a very bad move. How do they expect others to report suspicious activities when they know they might be arrested.

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by KingsleyCEO: 10:42am On Jul 14, 2015
God will save Nigerian from our law enforcement
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by gbengalite(m): 10:42am On Jul 14, 2015
Not cool
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 14, 2015
shame
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by hazyfm: 10:42am On Jul 14, 2015
NIGERIA
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by ChelseaDr(m): 10:42am On Jul 14, 2015
You see?
Police being "our friend" hopefully he will be released
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 14, 2015
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by hydeka: 10:43am On Jul 14, 2015
Don't rule out the informant from the crime. Standard military procedure I guess.

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by alaoeri: 10:43am On Jul 14, 2015
He can't just go like that, he needs to answer some few questions.

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 14, 2015
[size=18pt]Why[/size]
Instead of encouraging more of it...
This is security situation, though, so allow them do their work.
They must have noticed something suspicious.
[size=18pt]like...[/size]
Why would you ride with death in the first place?
Maybe they were assuming he brought them in and
was trying to exonerate himself by mischievously
alerting them.

Lots of logic sha

Enjoying a ride with a suicide bomber? My foot!

Check my signature o jere...

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:44am On Jul 14, 2015
I dont think thats an arrest. Defntly he will be interrogated na.
Okkk what if maybe he has a connection with the suicised bomber?
What if he only cried out simply coz they got to a checkpoint where he knew for sure the car wud b searched?

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 14, 2015
Is normal he would be released
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by VickyRotex(f): 10:44am On Jul 14, 2015
It's the right thing to do. Not like he's been arrested.

I think he has to answer some few questions before they allow him to go.
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by yousee(m): 10:44am On Jul 14, 2015
Body language speaks louder. I know the way he was arrested wasn't the "let's go the barracks for more info". They prolly pointed their guns at him and threw him into their hilux vans and sped off
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by lifezone247(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2015
ChelseaDr:
You see?
I see ohh!!! cheesy this my country sha.

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by kenedy175(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2015
I don't think they did the wrong thing. Nobody knows who is who now. And he's definitely not arrested for prosecution.

people of maid should chill

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Bollove: 10:45am On Jul 14, 2015
Make una chill abeg ... we Nigerians are too fast in judging our security operatives.

It is just normal for him to be taken-in ........... This whistleblower has to be debriefed and protected .... infact He may be given further Intelligence assignments that can help the JTF to flush Bokoharam.

If he is not taken in He may be killed by BH ...... abi , You just expect the army to let him go after such a huge information .... No no no !!!!

Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by Beehshorp(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2015
Why won't dey arrest him when he spoilt an attack from the APC and u know who?

Quote me at ur own peril
Re: Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri by abe27633: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2015
crazy news

Saraki Bribed Facebook - Omoyele Sowore / Philip Okwuada Slumps After Losing Primary Election In Delta / Chibok Girls; Lai Mohammed, Oby Ezekwesili & Others Head To Sambisa Forest. PICS

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93