Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,756 members, 7,802,311 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive (36666 Views)

Throwback: The Most Bizarre Nigerian Freaky Myths Children Ever Heard (funny) / 10 Silly Acts By Whites That Blacks See As Civilization / Fulani/fulbe Traditional Beliefs And Mythology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by christinie(f): 6:49am On Jul 15, 2015
DONADAMS:
exactly....
the 4 dots after the word makes it sound as if you are in doubt of what you typed. Are you a learner?
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by TemmyWon(f): 6:56am On Jul 15, 2015
Dindondin:
my brother told me machine gum can fly over an arocopter
Lol why the wrong pronunciation anyway?

I son dey serve before I realise say father Santa no dey come from Rome. don't blame me, ama Daddy's' girl. I doubt if my kids will ever see those goons cos I spend them money join
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by spicy244(f): 7:23am On Jul 15, 2015
missKiffy:
I have a coursemate who is Ijebu, she is not stingy at all

God bless u. I dunno where they get that from... Its so annoying that to the extent that when u go to market place n price what U wanna buy, all u hear is " I think u r from Ijebu". Mtchewww
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by spicy244(f): 7:28am On Jul 15, 2015
SexySapphire:
Lekinz, the one about Ijebu people is kinda true. I know lots of people from Ijebu that are so very stingy. A typical example is one man in my church, he's stingy to the extent that people call him Arsene Wenger. He never jokes with a penny, even after service on sunday, for the man to help people with his car is a problem, he will just kick and start shouting "ko sepo" (there's no fuel) as if they will put a straw in his tank and drink his fuel. I've met lots of ijebus that didn't prove that saying wrong tho I've met some really nice ones but it's a case of 2/10.

If I may ask, is it only Ijebu pple that can demonstrate that kind of character?
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by lekinz(m): 7:40am On Jul 15, 2015
SexySapphire:
Lekinz, the one about Ijebu people is kinda true. I know lots of people from Ijebu that are so very stingy. A typical example is one man in my church, he's stingy to the extent that people call him Arsene Wenger. He never jokes with a penny, even after service on sunday, for the man to help people with his car is a problem, he will just kick and start shouting "ko sepo" (there's no fuel) as if they will put a straw in his tank and drink his fuel. I've met lots of ijebus that didn't prove that saying wrong tho I've met some really nice ones but it's a case of 2/10.

It's a belief jawe .... I believe it's their state of mind. "The fact that I've been told about "the Ijebus" I can also decide not to give since am an Ijebu man ". Buh is the thing passed from the ancestors ... Cos I don't understand
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by ransomed: 7:40am On Jul 15, 2015
anumide:

lemme go and get pen and paper so that you will teach me my history undecided
::--Do you know a community by the name " saapade" ? Ask Ijebu elders what it means, they will tell you to let a sleeping dog be. It is murky and would open up the differences to you. Thanks.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Adortem: 7:53am On Jul 15, 2015
MrHenri:
In early 80s, Any woman seen wearing a trouser at public places is olosho. grin
Do you know that some people actually still believe that? In the name of religion or lack of exposure...

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Adortem: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2015
PritiDeedee:
All cute guys are Playboy,all short girls are wicked..
I still believe the short ones myth though...
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Dindondin(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2015
TemmyWon:

Lol why the wrong pronunciation anyway?

I son dey serve before I realise say father Santa no dey come from Rome. don't blame me, ama Daddy's' girl. I doubt if my kids will ever see those goons cos I spend them money join
lol. funny you.
Last Bullet
I grew up in a local place. I taught helicopter was pronounced as arocopter & every bike that looked like power bikes are called machine gun. They call machine gun as machine gum. We believe it call fly up in the sky
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by SexySapphire(f): 8:59am On Jul 15, 2015
spicy244:

If I may ask, is it only Ijebu pple that can demonstrate that kind of character?
No, it isn't only indigenes of Ijebu that does such but people just tend to focus more on them cos of the myth.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Iyoma2(f): 9:46am On Jul 15, 2015
When ur palm itches expect money. It works oh.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Revolva(m): 9:50am On Jul 15, 2015
if you dont go to church you are a DEVIL....
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by markidoo(m): 10:08am On Jul 15, 2015
missKiffy:

Are you stalking me
There u go again sounding so rude. I QUIT. Sorry 4 defacing ur thread,lets act like we neva met. Bye.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by missKiffy(f): 10:16am On Jul 15, 2015
markidoo:
There u go again sounding so rude. I QUIT. Sorry 4 defacing ur thread,lets act like we neva met. Bye.
Lol cheesy Oya no vex
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by missKiffy(f): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2015
spicy244:

God bless u. I dunno where they get that from... Its so annoying that to the extent that when u go to market place n price what U wanna buy, all u hear is " I think u r from Ijebu". Mtchewww
Yea, it can be frustrating, the word stingy is now replaced with ijebu
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by SweetWJ(m): 10:46am On Jul 15, 2015
rosy4u:

I'm fine dear... gud evening

Same here sweetie. Longest time
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by markidoo(m): 11:46am On Jul 15, 2015
missKiffy:

Lol cheesy Oya no vex
Apology accepted, Promise u ain't gon hurt me again n upload ur pic lemme knw who am on to.
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by DONADAMS(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
christinie:
the 4 dots after the word makes it sound as if you are in doubt of what you typed. Are you a learner?
lol,learner kwa?
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by christinie(f): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
DONADAMS:
lol,learner kwa?
lol
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by DONADAMS(m): 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
christinie:
lol
abi...stay cool
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by christinie(f): 2:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
DONADAMS:
abi...stay cool
ditto.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
Dont sew a cloth while you're putting it on.

Dont scoop pounded yam from the mortal straight into ur mouth, your age mates will beat you easily.

Don't look at your shadow at night,you will have bad dreams

Mum still hit her pestle on my mouth cos i was whistling at night.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by damyzino(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2015
[b][/b]every noodle is indomie every soft drink is mineral
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by dammygoody(m): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
SammyO4real:
[size=16pt] 21. If you try me eeh.... grin [/size]
Sammyprof..... grin ...

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by SammyO4real: 11:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
dammygoody:

Sammyprof..... grin ...
oh my great friend!!! How u doing?
Re: 10 Silly Nigerian's Beliefs You've Heard/Belive by dammygoody(m): 3:54am On Jul 18, 2015
SammyO4real:
oh my great friend!!! How u doing?
How're you doing too prof..?, It's been a long while.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic / Enugu Community Where Green Snakes Are Kings, Queens, Battle Men Of God / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Wives Attend Juma'at Prayers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.