Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality (1265 Views)

Yorubas And Slave Trade / Yorubas And Fulanis Are Isrealites (must Watch Video) / Eid Ul Adha 2015 E-cards Greeting Cards Download Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by neolboy(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2015
Don't know if this is the right place and if not it should be pushed to the right channel.

Don't know why the Southwest attach too much importance in postrating when greetings and whenever they see you not doing that, they conclude that you lack home training. to me l see it as stress postrating and when you dont do that, does it mean you are not responsible.

What's your take on it.
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by neolboy(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2015
stress
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by boiz2mhen(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2015
grin

Dey can prostrate humming insults@u...I don't attached too much importance to it dis days.

Na only Yoruba dey insult people still add the respect.

Young boy go dey insult him papa mate u go hear
*ko ni da fun YIN

* E ni so ri re

*oluwa a ba to YIN je

*E da kun SE mope MUGUN in YIN

What a tribe but I must marry Yoruba woman sha
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by Misternas89(m): 10:14am On Jul 14, 2015
Each tribe wit her own CULTURE...so save d stress of pointing out to only the SW....still waiting for some weyrey to turn ds topic to ethnicity palava. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed....BTW Ama kwaran. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by piicity(m): 10:16am On Jul 14, 2015
Me if i wan greet,i go just bend my head,dats all
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by OBAFEMIawolowo: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2015
The level at which we greet is equal to the level at which we insult.
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by YoruBanger: 10:17am On Jul 14, 2015
If them begin yab Una own culture now (like Snake/python worshipping, Osu, etc) Una go begin cry igbophobia and hatred. Continue.

https://www.nairaland.com/2389549/town-anambra-state-snakes-visits

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by adioolayi(m): 10:21am On Jul 14, 2015
So, greeting your elders in approved societal norm is a stress to you? what will it cause you to prostrate and greet your elders? You are now a learned person and you don't want to give approved way of respect to your elders? Guy, please wakeup before you start lamenting some wizards are behind your ill luck

E wo omo ale yii, o fe fi owo osi ju we ile baba e!
Omo ti a ba ko, yio gbe'le ti a ko ta.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by dridowu: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2015
If you are from southwest and you are born and bred in southwest, yet you cannot postrate (male) or kneel down (female) when greeting an elder then you lack respect .

1 Like

Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by OluwaChinenyenwa: 10:43am On Jul 14, 2015
YoruBanger:
If them begin yab Una own culture now (like Snake/python worshipping, Osu, etc) Una go begin cry igbophobia and hatred. Continue.

https://www.nairaland.com/2389549/town-anambra-state-snakes-visits

You must be very stupid

Bigoted scumbag!!
This thread is just all about a societal norm where likeminds should share what they think!!
Not for some 18th century idiot who is among what is wrong with Nigeria!!

P.s i am Yoruba
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by YoruBanger: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2015
OluwaChinenyenwa:

You must be very stupid

Bigoted scumbag!!
This thread is just all about a societal norm where likeminds should share what they think!!
Not for some 18th century idiot who is among what is wrong with Nigeria!!

P.s i am Yoruba

I don't give a flying ffvck if you're Yoruba or not (though I doubt it). Why are you responding with a different moniker? ? ?

That there suggest mischievious intentions on your part for starting this topic. Societal norms my foot.
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by OluwaChinenyenwa: 10:48am On Jul 14, 2015
YoruBanger:

I don't give a flying ffvck if you're Yoruba or not (though I doubt it). Why are you responding with a different moniker? ? ? That right there suggest mischievious intentions on your part for starting this topic. Societal norms my foot.

Like i said earlier, you must be stupid!!

Did you open a different moniker for me to access Nairaland with?
Chicken!!
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by YoruBanger: 10:51am On Jul 14, 2015
OluwaChinenyenwa:

Like i said earlier, you must be stupid!!

Did you open a different moniker for me to access Nairaland with?
Chicken!!

Mehn ffvck off. Imposter oshi.
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by OluwaChinenyenwa: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2015
YoruBanger:

Mehn ffvck off. Imposter oshi.
Heheheheh Imposter? Lame attempt at masking his disgusting bigoted self!! Fowl!!
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by YoruBanger: 11:19am On Jul 14, 2015
OluwaChinenyenwa:

Heheheheh
Imposter? Lame attempt at masking his disgusting bigoted self!! Fowl!!

You are a fool who's just mad coz I shyt all over your useless thread. And your shameless self thought he's smart and quickly switched monikers to try and legitimize your bigoted motives. You are sick boy, go get help.
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by leederrty1997: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2015
Leave the tradition the way it is! You alone cant just change it. Although people have been bending it...
For Nigerian histories, culture and traditions, legends, places and lifestyle in the 70s: visit www.oldnaija. and thank me later.
Re: Yorubas And Their Greeting Mentality by amokeme(f): 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
boiz2mhen:
grin

Dey can prostrate humming insults@u...I don't attached too much importance to it dis days.

Na only Yoruba dey insult people still add the respect.

Young boy go dey insult him papa mate u go hear
*ko ni da fun YIN

* E ni so ri re

*oluwa a ba to YIN je

*E da kun SE mope MUGUN in YIN

What a tribe but I must marry Yoruba woman sha
cheesy cheesy cheesy very funny but true. My cousin once insulted an old man for driving rough, he told him "you are very stupid sir"

(1) (Reply)

Happy Diwali Wishes Messages 2015 / Get Certified In Spanish Language From Spanish Embassy Nigeria / Unveiling Nigerian Personalities By States Of The Federation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.