Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe (5641 Views)

Pros And Cons Of 2003/04 Volvo S60 / In Need Of 2003-2005 Audi Allroad Spring Shocks. / Between Rx300 And Acura Mdx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by femmy2010(m): 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2015
Readonee35L:

Oga I deal with cars too,
But it doesn't make sense spending 2.2M on a rx300 be it 01,02 or 03
Mind you not all rx300 BTW 1.4 -1.7 are salvage

I am not saying the OP should buy one for N2.2m ,i am just saying stating that all 2003 RX300 should be priced below N1.7m sounds unfair to a clean title car seller.
Go online ,search and show me 3 clean title 2003 RX300 selling for Less than $3,500(I can almost thumb my chest that you wont find .

Thanks
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by Readonee35L(m): 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
femmy2010:

I am not saying the OP should buy one for N2.2m ,i am just saying saying all RX300 shouldnt be priced above N1.7m sounds unfair to a clean title car seller.
Go online ,search and show me 3 clean title 2003 RX300 selling for Less than $3,500(I can almost thumb my chest that you wont find .

Thanks
Oh I get your point,
But will you by a clean rx300 for ur slf @2.2m?
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by femmy2010(m): 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2015
Readonee35L:

Oh I get your point,
But will you by a clean rx300 for ur slf @2.2m?

I would buy a salvage/Flawed one in the USA ,get it repaired in Nigeria and i would have gotten myself a fair bargain for N1.4m - N1.6m.
The point is not all buyers want to drive a salvaged or refurbished one .

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by Readonee35L(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
femmy2010:

I would buy a salvage/Flawed one in the USA ,get it repaired in Nigeria and i would have gotten myself a fair bargain for N1.4m - N1.6m.
The point is not all buyers want to drive a salvaged or refurbished one .

Thanks
That means ur Your answer is No,
That's all I want to hear
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by femmy2010(m): 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
Readonee35L:

That means ur Your answer is No,
That's all I want to hear

What i like or would do matters least in this scenario .
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by auhanson(m): 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
abatically:

Uuuum, in this situation I will choose the Hyundai. But please, the Lexus RX is not over hyped. It is a very solid luxury cuv in its class and it is respected worldwide, not just in Nigeria like u say. It is not a glorified camry either. Lexus RX has been on top of the highest selling luxury cars in the USA for many years, if it is that bad like u put it, then it wouldn't be on top. Just do a little research of best selling luxury cuv in north america and see for urself or are the people buying them in those countries niegeians? Consumer reports don't lie.

Also the Santa fe is 2007, RX 300 was discontinued in 2003 while RX 330 was discontinued in 2006. Compare the Santa fe with RX 350 and then the RX will kick its a$s and chew the bones. To you peope everything is glorified camry. Avalon glorified camry, highlander glorified camry, Prado glorified camry, Lexus GX glorified Camry, landcruiser glorified camry, Lexus LX glorified camry, even Lexus LS is glorified camry.

Sometimes we may have so much in our minds that in a bid to summarise stuffs up we end up not passing the message across. Please note my terms, i said ENTHUSIAST but not BUYERS

However, the Rx 300 is actually a rebadged Toyota Harrier, a mid-size crossover SUV sold since December 1997 by Toyota in Japan. In March 1998, the the Harrier in the export markets was rebadged as the Lexus RX. During this season, Toyota did not retail the Lexus brand to its Japanese customers.

So the RX 300 still remains the same old bland Toyota even with the giant trapezoidal grille at the front that could call it a Lexus.

Enthusiast buy cars for certain features, that is lacking in the RX but buyers just buy so far it is just a kind of reliable and convey family around with some luggages. They dont care about such features that is lacking in the RX just like any other toyota brand, such as:
Not being sporty
Not too good suv suspension
Zero steering feel
zero corner-carving potential
Entirely unengaging.

It’s the kind of car Lexus enthusiast(including other enthusiast) hate, but buyers love. However, there are so many buyers than enthusiast, but that doesn't change the fact, though it makes sense to buyers after a few days of living with it.

Dont get me wrong, what strikes buyers is just how well put-together everything is: The controls, the dashboard, the door handles, everything feels tight and solid, the RX becomes invisible, melting into daily life easily. Yes, the made in Canada Lexus RX is good, i dont condemn it but the hype in price for what it is not as expected of Lexus.

Now, in a bid to make enthusiast love it and live up to its Lexus demands which we know, they started introducing some sporty looks, as in the RX 350 F-Sport model. It tries to add sportiness to it, bringing heaviness to the steering and stiffness to the suspension, only making the RX slightly uncomfortable to no real benefit, which only ended up a misguided attempt to fit into the league without compromising reliability and cost which you can hardly retain once the introduction of such super features(Camry tried it in 2007 in the newly rebuild turnaround camry, but suffered serious setback in terms of reliability(was very unreliable), not until in the later models could they fix some few things up).

Santafe is not any better cross over suv than the RX, but the 2007 Santafe is than the RX300

1 Like

Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by abatically(m): 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
auhanson:

Sometimes we may have so much in our minds that in a bid to summarise stuffs up we end up not passing the message across. Please note my terms, i said ENTHUSIAST but not BUYERS

However, the Rx 300 is actually a rebadged Toyota Harrier, a mid-size crossover SUV sold since December 1997 by Toyota in Japan. In March 1998, the the Harrier in the export markets was rebadged as the Lexus RX. During this season, Toyota did not retail the Lexus brand to its Japanese customers.

So the RX 300 still remains the same old bland Toyota even with the giant trapezoidal grille at the front that could call it a Lexus.

Enthusiast buy cars for certain features, that is lacking in the RX but buyers just buy so far it is just a kind of reliable and convey family around with some luggages. They dont care about such features that is lacking in the RX just like any other toyota brand, such as:
Not being sporty
Not too good suv suspension
Zero steering feel
zero corner-carving potential
Entirely unengaging.

It’s the kind of car Lexus enthusiast(including other enthusiast) hate, but buyers love. However, there are so many buyers than enthusiast, but that doesn't change the fact, though it makes sense to buyers after a few days of living with it.

Dont get me wrong, what strikes buyers is just how well put-together everything is: The controls, the dashboard, the door handles, everything feels tight and solid, the RX becomes invisible, melting into daily life easily. Yes, the made in Canada Lexus RX is good, i dont condemn it but the hype in price for what it is not as expected of Lexus.

Now, in a bid to make enthusiast love it and live up to its Lexus demands which we know, they started introducing some sporty looks, as in the RX 350 F-Sport model. It tries to add sportiness to it, bringing heaviness to the steering and stiffness to the suspension, only making the RX slightly uncomfortable to no real benefit, which only ended up a misguided attempt to fit into the league without compromising reliability and cost which you can hardly retain once the introduction of such super features(Camry tried it in 2007 in the newly rebuild turnaround camry, but suffered serious setback in terms of reliability(was very unreliable), not until in the later models could they fix some few things up).

Santafe is not any better cross over suv than the RX, but the 2007 Santafe is than the RX300

Bro, the Lexus R300 is not just a rebadged Toyota harrier, rather it is a more loaded and improved version with with awd option. Better leather seats and interior that makes it a luxury car. Lexus RX is not a high end luxury car but a mid size luxury cuv and in its class it rules. I'm not comparing it with the range rovers or g wagons, but when u look at its price and what u get plus high reliability ratings then u know Toyota got this one right. Lexus RX has been one of the best selling mid sized luxury cars in the USA for many years for some reasons.

And I didn't say the Rx 300 is better than a 2007 Santa fe, but when u put it with RX 330 (not even 350) then the Lexus is a better option. I agree with most of ur posts, but the Lexus RX is not over hyped. Sure there are better options (there are always other options for every car), it all comes down to what u like or want from a car, it also depends on the size of ur pocket.
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:44am On Jul 28, 2015
Every spare part of the lexus is readily available @ affordable prices in the Nigerian market.

Same cannot be said about the santafe.
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by noel76(m): 5:29am On Jul 28, 2015
abatically:

Uuuum, in this situation I will choose the Hyundai. But please, the Lexus RX is not over hyped. It is a very solid luxury cuv in its class and it is respected worldwide, not just in Nigeria like u say. It is not a glorified camry either. Lexus RX has been on top of the highest selling luxury cars in the USA for many years, if it is that bad like u put it, then it wouldn't be on top. Just do a little research of best selling luxury cuv in north america and see for urself or are the people buying them in those countries niegeians? Consumer reports don't lie.

Also the Santa fe is 2007, RX 300 was discontinued in 2003 while RX 330 was discontinued in 2006. Compare the Santa fe with RX 350 and then the RX will kick its a$s and chew the bones. To you peope everything is glorified camry. Avalon glorified camry, highlander glorified camry, Prado glorified camry, Lexus GX glorified Camry, landcruiser glorified camry, Lexus LX glorified camry, even Lexus LS is glorified camry.
. Please tell him.
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by SailorXY: 6:57am On Nov 16, 2015
timbros:

Steering controls aside, I prefer RX300.
Did you see the aux port & iPod connectivity just ahead of the gear lever? grin abeg joor give me the Santa
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by lonelydora: 7:05am On Nov 16, 2015
The moment I saw that price I knew you must be residing in Port Harcourt. To be honest, I won't spend that amount on a RX300. Please go for the 2007 Santa Fe in this case.

But I would prefer Toyota Highlander to both cars.
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by lonelydora: 7:15am On Nov 16, 2015
auhanson:
People just get rip off for this Toyota things, meanwhile this particular hyped priced Lexus RX series are rebadged Toyota(s) Harrier the most hated brand among Lexus enthusiast(except Nigerians), because it is believe to have been stripped down, evidenced in the stripped down front wheel driven mechanism etc. Unlike other Lexus brand, a lot seems to have been compromised here. In other words, it is more or less a glorified Camry that is just raised by a few inches from the ground, cheapened down for buyers, but unfortunately hyped up for Nigerians who just follow trend blindly.

The 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe is by far a better cross over to the RX300, though almost of same class to the RX330 and RX350. Don't confused the fully loaded luxury brand Lexus GL to the stripped down Lexus RX series...

As in ehh......... I don't understand the hype on this RX300, Nigerians and their mentality shaa. At least 330 and 350 does it for me, but not 300.
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by lonelydora: 8:02am On Nov 16, 2015
Please all car dealers in US, femmy2010, Readonee35L, etc. How much can I get a full option 2011/2 Toyota Corolla, not necessarily Sports version. Please send mail to kalutobest@yahoo.com, let's talk. Will need it to be in Nigeria latest February ending 2016. I will use it as an official car for my biz, so it has to be clean.
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by FlyboyZee: 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2015
No doubt the Lexus is a solid ride, but I think I still prefer the Hyundai to the Lexus mostly based on the production year than anything else.
Re: Confusion Of 2003 Lexus Rx300 And 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe by Nyceguy92: 5:47am On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=freshvine post=35845296]

Hyundai is now making real good cars with driving comfort that compares to most luxury brands, including Lexus.

The number of people driving it has increased a lot.

Problem with Lexus is high maintenance cost, plus it uses premium fuel and gives low mileage.

Go for the Santa feel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DIY: Replacement Of Transmission Filter, 03-07 Accord 4cyl / Should Lagos Govt Ban Okada ? / Honda City With Modified Camaro Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.