Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Fraudulent ATM Card Fee Deduction By Ecobank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fraudulent ATM Card Fee Deduction By Ecobank (865 Views)

Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Ecobank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudulent ATM Card Fee Deduction By Ecobank by JimmyBoy1: 11:47am On Jul 14, 2015
This issue occurred in Feb/Mar this year when I visited an Ecobank branch at Bishop Aboyade Cole (Victoria Island) to request for a new ATM Card as I misplaced the initial card, though my account is domiciled at their Ozumba Mbadiwe branch. The request was processed and my account was debited with N1000 as card fee. Not quite 3 weeks after this, I got another alert of N1000 debit for the same ATM card Fee. I later visited the branch at Bishop Aboyade Cole to complain about the issue, where the officers told me that the duplicated debit occurred because another Card was automatically processed on my account at Ozumba Mbadiwe branch . I told the officers that I never requested for any card at Ozumba Mbadiwe branch and the Bank does not have the right to pass the cost of their operational inefficiency into my account. The officers politely apologized and promised to ensure that the duplicated ATM Card fee is reversed. I visited the branch some months later and a lady at Customer Service desk, who was among those who attended to me initially, told me that someone at their Head-Office is yet to approve the reversal. I was enraged, not because of the N1000 but because a Bank can just deduct money from a customer's account illegally and refuse to refund the money. N1000 may not be significant but what if this happens to 100000 customers? Up till now, this illegal deduction is yet to be reversed. It is very sad that in this Country, the strong always have a way of taking the little that belongs to the weak and usually without any way of obtaining a redress. ,
Re: Fraudulent ATM Card Fee Deduction By Ecobank by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 14, 2015
Chai
Re: Fraudulent ATM Card Fee Deduction By Ecobank by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
The CBN should look into this matter. Its getting too much in recent times.

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent ATM Card Fee Deduction By Ecobank by Noneroone(m): 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
What an irony
banks are now thieves

(1) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Rebrands, To Strengthen Focus On Youth Segment / Success Secrets Of Billionaire Dangote / CBN Extends BVN Registration For Nigerians In Diaspora To June 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.