Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Please Please Please Translate This Yoruba For Me !!!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please Please Please Translate This Yoruba For Me !!!! (2820 Views)

Please Translate This From Igbo->english. It's Urgent! / What Is The Meaning Of This Yoruba Word / What Do We Call This? Yoruba I Hail Thee! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Please Please Translate This Yoruba For Me !!!! by iyawomide(f): 12:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
Se alafia lo wa o. Gege bi emi na se wa loni yio. Pataki oro mi si e ni wipe mo nife re o. Se ara ya o? Ma ri e laipe o. Temi tire o. Ololufere Owon.

Thank you guys so much!!! cheesy
Re: Please Please Please Translate This Yoruba For Me !!!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
I hope you are doing good, just as i am today? My main purpose of writing this is just to let you know that I LOVE YOU 0. Hope you are in good health O? See you soon O. You and i O. Your dearest love................... Happy Love Life! Hope you atleast know the translation of your moniker?!

1 Like

Re: Please Please Please Translate This Yoruba For Me !!!! by iyawomide(f): 1:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
modelmike7:
I hope you are doing good, just as i am today? My main purpose of writing this is just to let you know that I LOVE YOU 0. Hope you are in good health O? See you soon O. You and i O. Your dearest love................... Happy Love Life! Hope you atleast know the translation of your moniker?!
Haha smiley, yes I know the meaning of my name. My hubby, Mide, is Yoruba and I've been trying to learn it. Even though I have some basics he likes to sometimes throw at me what he knows I wouldn't yet know...just to stretch my learning a bit. So I wanted to surprise him by knowing the meaning of this before he came home from work. I knew some of the words/phrases like mo nife re, Temi, but not the rest...Google translate was no help either. Thanks again cheesy
Re: Please Please Please Translate This Yoruba For Me !!!! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
iyawomide:

Haha smiley, yes I know the meaning of my name. My hubby, Mide, is Yoruba and I've been trying to learn it. Even though I have some basics he likes to sometimes throw at me what he knows I wouldn't yet know...just to stretch my learning a bit. So I wanted to surprise him by knowing the meaning of this before he came home from work. I knew some of the words/phrases like mo nife re, Temi, but not the rest...Google translate was no help either. Thanks again cheesy
...... Lol!! What an interesting relationship you have!!! Wishing you all the very best in your relationship............... Glad you have some suprises waiting for him @ home. Oh, Mide is his name? So direct translation of your name is Mide's wife, but in straight actual yoruba translation, it means 'my wife has come'! Whichever way, you belong to him!!!!!!!!! You always welcome!
Re: Please Please Please Translate This Yoruba For Me !!!! by iyawomide(f): 7:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
modelmike7:
...... Lol!! What an interesting relationship you have!!! Wishing you all the very best in your relationship............... Glad you have some suprises waiting for him @ home. Oh, Mide is his name? So direct translation of your name is Mide's wife, but in straight actual yoruba translation, it means 'my wife has come'! Whichever way, you belong to him!!!!!!!!! You always welcome!

Awww. that's sweet...I knew that it meant Mide's wife - - which is why I chose it for my user name, but I did not think about the full connotation of the phrase in direct translation...that makes it more special smiley Yep, I belong to him 100% for almost four years now cheesy cheesy and it has been an interesting and fun journey lol! Thanks for the best wishes and for the help!

(1) (Reply)

Hatred For Black Americans On This Website.. / Ibadan Omo Ajorosun: Ohun To Ye Ke E Mo Nipa Ilu Ibadan / The Taboo In Your Community.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.