Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike (19483 Views)

Photos: Couple Welcome Quadruplets After Seven Years Of Childless Marriage / Sex Workers Hold Candlelight Procession For Slain Colleagues In Abeokuta / Osun Workers Reject Half Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
Workers in Osun on Tuesday resumed work after seven weeks of industrial action called by the state labour unions due to unpaid salaries by the state and local governments.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that workers in Osogbo Local Government were seen tidying up their offices at the council secretariat that had been under lock and keys for seven weeks.

A staff of the local government, Mr Maufu Abdullahi, told NAN that workers resumed work following the directive they received from their union leaders suspending the strike on Monday.

He said workers had received bank alerts of one month salary (January) with a promise to get February’s salary on Thursday this week.

Abdullahi said the union leaders had promised that workers should expect the second payment on Thursday, while the remaining months would be paid when the Federal Government bailout fund was released.

NAN reports that workers in the state Government Secretariat, Abere, were seen sparsely in their departments, some were in groups discussing the situation, while others were putting their offices in order.

One of the workers told NAN under the condition of anonymity that workers still had reasons to doubt the seriousness and sincerity of the state government to pay February salary on Thursday.

He said the doubt being expressed by the workers was based on the antecedents of the government in the recent past.

The NLC Chairman in the state, Mr Jacob Adekomi, called off the strike on Monday after the unions had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the government’s representatives.

Mr Adekomi said the state government had paid workers’ salaries for the months of January, “while February salary will be paid on Thursday.’’

He said the government has agreed to pay the rest of the salaries immediately the bailout funds from the Federal Government are released.
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by iphanyiuma(m): 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Aygem(m): 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
Resumed strike after seven months strike? Am I the only one seeing this?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by bunmioguns(m): 5:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by BankManager(m): 5:16am On Jul 15, 2015
If States Were Women,Osun state would be that woman that spent all her saving on friend's aso-ebi but forgot to feed her kids at home.!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by rozayx5(m): 5:16am On Jul 15, 2015
udom is working wike is working APC states are fighting and striking and bombing

keep it up

20 Likes

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Bdemmy(m): 5:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Pls correct the caption sir.
It's confusing

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by lonelydora: 5:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Why strike again? Thought they resumed work yesterday?

Op, are you sleep talking posting?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 15, 2015
The truth of the matter is that osun state needs to go on a sacking spree.

It is glaring clear that the state cannot meet its financial needs again and to think the state has the largest civil service force after Lagos is baffling.

The Era of tiwatiwani govt is over as it glaring shows this people are only after there pocket which they don't really work for.

Money will be saved and enough will be available for infrastructural development.

An Era whereby 7bn is generated monthly and 5bn is used to pay salary not to talk of its current fall to less than 3bn is a joke.

When the intervention fund dries up, I wonder what will happen?

And to think the government was even planning to create more government

#heremeout
I am just trying to make sense

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by ziccoit: 5:18am On Jul 15, 2015
I have problem with my governor's (yes, Aregbesola is my person & APC my beloved party) style of leadership. My guy tells lies like there is no tomorrow. Imagine entered into agreement you quite knew right from the word go you would never abide by or impossible to follow. Why must he lie? Doesn't he know anything build on foundation of lies can never succeed and if it does would never last.

The guy needs some rocking to redirect his whacked thinking process.

4 Likes

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Dotmanroy(m): 5:18am On Jul 15, 2015
Correct the heading o.. Resume strike ke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 15, 2015
Kashamu rice don finish, Ben over to you..
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by mormoni(m): 5:19am On Jul 15, 2015
Okay ok
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by bodekom92(m): 5:20am On Jul 15, 2015
Aregbe and his affinity for Oyel money! Wake me up when bailout fund has been released. *yawns*

2 Likes

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by sorom4: 5:20am On Jul 15, 2015
@Op....Resumed Work and not Strike!

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Thatitan234(m): 5:20am On Jul 15, 2015
Rubbish title

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by AdamsAmin(m): 5:20am On Jul 15, 2015
I thought he had paid them nau? What's wrong again? Abi! The money hang for air. grin
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by pmc01(m): 5:20am On Jul 15, 2015
May their faith and hope not be in vain.

Misleading title though, party concerned should please do the needful.
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by thekoko007: 5:21am On Jul 15, 2015
WHO WILL SAVES US FROM THIS WICKED MAN CALL AREGBE,HALF SALARY FOR WORKERS...7 MONTHS SALARIES UNPAID,IS NIGERIA A SANE COUNTRY AT ALL,THIINGS ARE GETTING TOUGH AND TOUGHER EVERYDAY FOR THE PEOPLE OF OSUN.MR PRESIDENT PLS DO SOMETHNG.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by ShakurM(m): 5:21am On Jul 15, 2015
Aregbe what are you doing? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by bodekom92(m): 5:21am On Jul 15, 2015
space for sale
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 15, 2015
Pls is osun an igbo state?

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Edwardhead(m): 5:22am On Jul 15, 2015
lipsrsealed :-Xq
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Ola64(m): 5:22am On Jul 15, 2015
Aygem:
Resumed strike after seven months strike?
Am I the only one seeing this?

ERROR

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by adeyanju65(m): 5:23am On Jul 15, 2015
Aregbese cant be trusted...he needs to pay his godfathers out of d bailout

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by hassan85(m): 5:23am On Jul 15, 2015
in the world of decite, when a gov or govt fails u want him to admit it and wen he does u ask for his impeachment. Then y will leaders evr agree dt d ve failed? So in nigeria now no need to emback on projects just pay salaries dts all? in kogi state, d gov pays only 60% monthly wat happens to d 40% nobody asks yet no good roads even in d capital. osun is different but pdp are helpin peopl not to see.

well let d propaganda continue.
God bless nigeria

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by gateleo(m): 5:23am On Jul 15, 2015
Source I smell rat from PDP
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by DickDastardly(m): 5:23am On Jul 15, 2015
Workers resume strike after 7weeks of strike.
Nwanne, ndia anagokwa Asai!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Kunlexity(m): 5:24am On Jul 15, 2015
Try to correct the headline.......It contradict the content of the post

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Burger01(m): 5:24am On Jul 15, 2015
Misleading sad
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by omusiliyu(m): 5:25am On Jul 15, 2015
G
Re: Osun Workers Resume Strike After Seven Weeks Strike by Saheed9: 5:25am On Jul 15, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Mathematical Approach To Making It In Life / Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages / Pictures Of Flood In Egan-Igando, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.