Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! (40506 Views)

N-power- I Just Received My Stipend. / How I Got A Job In This RECESSION / I Lied About My Degree In Order To Apply For A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by ehemwhy(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
It depends on the type of software they use.

Before your resumption date u must know the following.
Master ur debit and credit principles.
Get a enough mastery of excel, know how to create formulas, how to link worksheets etc.
Get a practical know ledge of bank reconcilation .
God be with you.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Congrats. Enrol in those quick computer centre that train folks on Accounting systems etc. You can still gain something between tomorrow and Monday-dont cram things,just understand whatever you're thought. Have courage,remember you are the product of the Nigerian corrupt society.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Rimimafia: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mr Habisoye,
I only hope you are telling the truth about this.
I smell some kind of imbroglio here.
Please let it not be that you are seriously trying to destroy some other person's chances on this job.
Let it be that you really did apply for the job and if that is the case, my brother, you are on your own.
You have entered one chance oooooo!!! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Mobebi(m): 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
Guy, real men will always come for their guys even when the guy bleeps up...

first of all, guy, me no blame you. The Naija unemployment issue is something else.

Just look for a way to learn it asap. call your university friends who read accounting and are working in that your position to see how you can hook up with them so they can put you through.

next time, make u De use your brain before posting something as delicate as letting people know the company.. So many of their workers are here on Nairaland.

Don't give it up, go and face the challenges and before a month u will know the job description well.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by somez(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
Allison is time consuming. As it stands, you know the basics of accounting. Here, you need to be smart and creative. Always make use of Google to get account formats if you can't work that out. As for other softwares, get a laptop swiftly and learn, i can qut u through them. For mentioning the company name, you deserve a smack. 08063628972
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by MakCoby(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
barbiegirl4luv:
I think u r in trouble already for stating the company's name shocked
advise him on what to do Ma? He didn't ask u to criticise him..he already know he's in trouble

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by akanbiaa(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
You should have gone for a graduate trainee employment like Zakari and sons where they need an accountant to teach on the job, even if you have experience and can't remember much never lie about it in interview be straight forward and truthful what will be yours will be yours, as for your present predicament my best advice is try to see the human resource head if possible and let him know the truth for even if you rush and learn as much as possible before Tuesday that is no guarantee that you will sustain performance and accounts is not child's play for any error can still cost the company and you. Next time you are applying go for fresh graduate, internship or management trainee even if no salary or low salary you will have experience against better job. you are welcome for these advice in anticipation of your thanks, people have seen your post and most likely people who know people in the company so just come out clean before they trap you into not loosing the job but police case.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by kennytidistar(m): 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
no problem, you don't need to have the experience, just learn on the job, life is always a learning process, even buhari is just learning how to rule in a Democratic settings. enjoy your milk bro. my friend go and collect your letter.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by hardychris(m): 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Keep on lying to keep the job, afterall dey will. Put u tru on d job.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by iamkingzlee(m): 5:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Tomfrench:
OP...E don be for you grin
lmao! No be small thing... His own have done!

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by flyforall: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
It's easy to use accounting softwares. Try get your hands on Accounting for dummies. Google how to use each software and you should be fine as long as you've got a training period. Honesty is still the best policy
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by mkoabiola: 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
akanbiaa:
You should have gone for a graduate trainee employment like Zakari and sons where they need an accountant to teach on the job, even if you have experience and can't remember much never lie about it in interview be straight forward and truthful what will be yours will be yours, as for your present predicament my best advice is try to see the human resource head if possible and let him know the truth for even if you rush and learn as much as possible before Tuesday that is no guarantee that you will sustain performance and accounts is not child's play for any error can still cost the company and you. Next time you are applying go for fresh graduate, internship or management trainee even if no salary or low salary you will have experience against better job. you are welcome for these advice in anticipation of your thanks, people have seen your post and most likely people who know people in the company so just come out clean before they trap you into not loosing the job but police case.
Pls,tell me more abt ds coy
I can volunteer to work for free if d office is nt far frm my house,I studied accounting.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Frankicent(m): 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Guy sorry o, but u no smart. First you lied for a position you know you won't be able to handle, then you posted the name of the company on a public forum.

This is how people get into uneccesary trouble. SMH.

me no see the company name oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Neplusultra(f): 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
Liar! Liar! Pants on fire! Mmmeee tongue
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
Just try and prove yourself, apply what you learnt in school and show great work ethic, but you are an idiot for lying sha because there might be other people better qualified than yourself and yet they didnt get a chance. My advise for you is to put in your best, let the company see your value.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by Onyemola: 5:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
Since you studied Accounting and you have worked in an organisation before, it shouldn't be difficult for you to grasp accounting software.
If you actually did interview as you claimed, that means your performance is above average and you ll be able to use the software within one week of acclamatizing yourself with the company procedure.

You Finance Manager knows people lie about their experience, he ll help you if you are smart.

Lastly, do not resign from your present office now, find a means of getting one week holiday and use the period to test the new place. You can take your decision afterwards. Ignore the insults and the discouragement here , you can do it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by bebe2(f): 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
Too much grammar undecided

Someone pls pm him and show him the basics.

Haba, d guy is desperate.

Country hard oo

1 Like

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by dammieco(m): 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
The interview was NOT strong

2 Likes

Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by THATcalabarboy: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
Guy, e don red for your side. In the fullness of time, u go know how far.
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by ifeoluwasegun(m): 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
Just gather courage, and show yourself couragously!

Final.. all other things na just morale!
Re: I Just Got A Job In Which I Lied I Had Experience! by shalomm: 5:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
better resign now ooo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

2016 Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Exercise / What Is The Best Certification For Someone Who Needs An IT Job? / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.