Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) (31318 Views)

Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
Siasia: How We’ll Handle Stubborn Congo

National U-23 Eagles coach Samson Siasia has declared that Sunday’s Olympic Games qualifier against Congo in Port Harcourt will be tough but assured that his players are ready for the home game.

The former Super Eagles coach who believes strongly that preparation will be key to achieving positive result in the qualifier told Complete Sports that his players will not underrate the Congolese who edged Ghana from the Olympic race.

“It is going to be a tough match and i must tell you that we are not going to underrate the Congolese, the players know that they have to give their best and with the support of Nigerians, i am sure that we are not going to disappoint them,” says Siasia.

“We need to win this match with good result so that the return leg will just be a mere formality for us but we must work really hard to achieve that result and that is why i am telling you that preparation is key and I think the players are also working hard to see off the Congolese in the first leg match.

The 2008 Olympic silver medalist however believes that Nigeria will make it to the final of the African Olympic Games Qualifying Championship billed to hold in Senegal later in the year.

“The main qualifier is still ahead and we must ensure we get there and that is why it is important for us to win this match and even the return leg match so that we can go to Senegal for the final leg.

Meanwhile, Siasia has told Complete Sports that his immediate focus is how to qualify for the Olympic Games, saying attention will be shifted to the 2015 All Africa Games after the match against Congo.

http://nigeriannewspapers.1push.com.ng/siasia-how-well-handle-stubborn-congo/
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2015
Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria vs Congo u23.
Date: Sunday July 19th 20015
Venue: Adokiye Amiesimaka stadium Port Harcourt

4 Likes

Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by quadness(m): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
Beat them like 9-0

Then you can relax.

2 Likes

Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by jieta: 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Jst do the needful
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 12:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
quadness:
Beat them like 9-0

Then you can relax.

is that realistic?
cos cloude le roy is coming with them

1 Like

Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
Goal scoring major headache of Dream Team- Amoo

First Assistant Coach of Dream Team VI Fatai Amoo has disclosed that the only grey area the technical crew of the team led by Samson Siasia is seriously working on is how the team’s strikers would be able to convert the numerous begging chances created in every single match they have played.

The Nigeria’s U- 23 national team has a date with Congo in the first leg of the final round of CAF U-23 Championship qualifier against visiting Claude Leroy’s tutored Congo’s U- 23 national team slated for Port Harcourt on July 19.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/goal-scoring-major-headache-of-dream-team-amoo/
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
Port harcourt is set to host the finest game this week end
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
quadness:
Beat them like 9-0

Then you can relax.

Yes
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 10:44am On Jul 18, 2015
Rivers State Governor, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike has expressed satisfaction with the facilities at the Adokiye Amiesieamaka stadium, venue of the match to be played between the Nigierian U23 team and Congo.

He also promised the players and officials that his government will do everything to see that the team is comfortable.

Subsequently, Wike has promised players of the U-23 National Team the sum of $100,000 if they are able to defeat the Congolese by three unreplied goals in Sunday’s African U-23 Championship final round, first leg qualifier.

cc: lalasticlala
http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/18/nigeria-vs-congo-wike-promises-siasias-boys-30000-per-goal/
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
Lalasticlala pls tak this to the front the match is live
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by Adaahjacob(m): 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
$100,000 dollar's in action
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by emmiej: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by 360ng: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
VICTORY IS OURS IJN, AMEN!
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by EMMYB0Y(m): 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
waiting. .. maybe congo 3 - 2 Nigeria again. ... oh it's era of change maybe congo 2 - 3 Nigeria....... ops I have forgotten its baba one chance. 0 - 0.
I guess. . and the coach is siasia hmm no more comment till after the game
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
IF THESE BOYS LOSE,

I SHALL LEAVE NAIRALAND AND NEVER RETURN.
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Team Nigeria all the way
Even when the women were playing. In my common room i was the only one with GreenwhiteGreen. I be Naijaboi cool

2 Likes

Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by Lordave: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nigeria is missing a lot of chances.
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by Youpele52: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
NFL will be greater than EPL one day

Ten unbelievable things you can do with toothpaste

https://www.nairaland.com/2462522/10-unbelievable-things-toothpaste
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by mayordadon(m): 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2015

play by play so far

First shot by Nigeria, Etebo finds space to shot but Congolese keeper gathers. They attack at the other end and get a throw in. #ssfootball

CK Congo, header goes wide. End to end stuff in the opening exchanges #ssfootball

3' Junior Ajayi gets a sight at goal at let fly but does little to trouble, lively start by both sides #ssfootball

Godwin Savior plays a one-two with Etor and shoots but goes wide. Dream Team on the ascendancy #ssfootball #ssnaija

Etor Daniel again scoffs his shot with the Congo goal at his mercy, Nigeria piling the pressure #ssnaija

7' #ssfootball Nigeria has started brightly of the two sides but they have to take their chances

Congo parade some of the players from their A team who played at the #afcon2015 . Nigeria will have to dig deep #ssnaija

embarassedjayi!!!! What a miss!! What was he thinking? #ssnaija

:oa 15' Nigeria with the positive play so far but it's goalless

#ssnaija 18' Nigeria get a FK but it's wasted. Congo will be happy with proceedings so far

20' Junior and Etor combine to get a CK for Nigeria, goalkeeper fumbles but gets his palms to it to safety. kiss

Etor's on the FK, lays a poor one, Congo attack and get a FK in a dangerous area. wasted angry

Latest 25' NigeriaU23 0 CongoU23 0 #ssnaij

27' Savior goes after a through ball but Bafumbi collects at the second attempt. Savior has been immense this half #ssnaija

28' PK shout but Savior went down like a bag of potatoes when he should have taken his shot first time #ssnaija

30' Another CK for Nigeria, Bafumbi clutches safely. Etor needs to improve on his set piece delivery #ssnaija

32' Indirect FK, curious one by the ref. Etebo stands on it. Bafumbi saves, CK Nigeria, Etebo heads wide #ssnaija

4' Goal line clearance by Congo, what a chance for Nigeria! What a miss!!! #ssnaija

36' Successive corners for Nigeria, Congo clear and launch an attack but Obanor does well to stop it #ssnaija

Congo get a break, cross comes in but Daniel does well to collect. 37 minutes gone and it's goalless in Port-Harcourt #ssnaija undecided

embarassed42' Nigeria get another CK for the umpteenth time,Etor with another poor delivery. Congo break but Nigeria back in control #ssnaija

Latest: 43 mins NigeriaU23 0 CongoU23 0 #ssnaija

44' Ajayi Junior can't get to Stanley Amuzies cross, Congo escape agaiN

Savior's drag back can't get into the box, Ajayi and Savior combine again but Mafumbi saves. Nigeria come again, but Congo clear #ssnaija

HT Nigeria 0 Congo 0 #ssnaija

STAYED TUNE AFTER THE BREAK credit to suer sporthttp://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/150719

embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
Let's go there
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by mygee33(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
one of the reasons why I love watching Siasia's team is their ability to play together. I see much of team work here even though they ve not scored a goal yet. See so much chances, even our goal keeper only made one touch so far.
we ll see goals!!!
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by tiamiyukunle69(m): 5:07pm On Jul 19, 2015
Still goalless
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by dennisworld1(m): 5:08pm On Jul 19, 2015
wike is happy for amechi facility

1 Like

Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by Captainswag225(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
gudluck to the dream team., i hope they win and rep africa well at the olympic games.
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 5:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
siasia needs to talk to his boys to calm this down they are missing lot of chance
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 19, 2015
Freemanan:
IF THESE BOYS LOSE,

I SHALL LEAVE NAIRALAND AND NEVER RETURN.
noted!
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by ejidokun(m): 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
Fine game, no goals.. Siasia shld work on the attack.. Kinda poor
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by Hammefeez: 5:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
goodluck. Make i on my tv who knows? Maybe osB c or b cOs go show am
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by okooloyun1(m): 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by admax(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
Second half underway
Re: Olympic Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Congo (U23) 2-1 (Full Time) by mayordadon(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
hmmm second half commence

n goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllgoalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllgoalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllgoalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin from freekick to deflection poor goal keeping from the coagonle keeper

second goal from ajayi

siasia dey happy dat junior ajayi na gud guy hope to see him in senior team soo

y taiwo awoniyi on the bench

y now na 2-1 all this agolo congo no wan gree ooo poor defence from nigerial defenders but i swear this match sweet no b lie abeg who b d moderator wey dey behind this topic now update from homepage now its 2-1 now nd its still 0-0 from homepage

una dey sleep ni? angry angry angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 47th Birthday Today / FIFA To Pay Nigeria N4.5 Billion For Qualifying For Russia World Cup 2018 / South Korean Soccer Fans To Sue The Festa over Ronaldo benching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.