Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

[UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors (4643 Views)

Young Female Suicide Bomber Apprehended By Security Operatives In Konduga (Photo / Laughable - DSS Wants To Go After Radio Biafra Sponsors / NBC, Security Operatives Hunt Radio Biafra Sponsors------punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

[UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by ZAMZINE(m): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Information, Dr. Sade Yemi-Esan, on Tuesday said the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation has succeeded in stopping the signal of Radio Biafra because it was not licensed.
Yemi-Esan disclosed this to State House correspondents shortly after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of her ministry’s activities inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
She said the commission was currently working with security agencies to apprehend those behind the illegal radio.
She said, “We also gave a report on Radio Biafra. Right now, the signals from the radio have been jammed successfully by the NBC.
“The commission is also working with security agencies to get those that are behind that radio because it is an illegal radio. It is not licensed by anybody to be on the airwaves in Nigeria.”
She added that the President had directed her ministry to put machinery in place to end the scourge of piracy in the nation’s movie industry.
She said the President gave a clear directive that the ministry must work hard to ensure that film producers get what is due to them.
“The President raised concerns about piracy in Nollywood and he has instructed us to work harder to ensure that the producers of Nollywood films get what is due to them and that we reduce piracy to the barest minimum,” she said.
She added that the President frowned at some media houses that are in the habit of owing salaries.
She said Buhari saw the development as not too good for the country.
She said, “I think it was last week that one of the newspapers was shut down because of non-payment of salaries.
“I think that should not be heard of in a country like Nigeria.
“Mr. President frowns on things like that, the welfare of every Nigerian, especially journalists is one of the major concerns that we have.”
The Permanent Secretary said the President wanted the ministry to intensify publicity because of his desire that every Nigerian should know about policies and programmes of his government.
She said they also talked about external publicity and the possibility of re-opening the federal information services abroad.

source.

www.punchng.com/news/nbc-jams-radio-biafra/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by olaboy33(m): 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
nice.....lets see the next biafran move........
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
Pososo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by dunkem21(m): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
grin I no wan chop ban sha

1 Like

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by born2lead01: 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
OK
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by olaboy33(m): 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
i truly believe this biafran movement is really a joke........igbos dnt have pple like ojukwu again......even wit ojukwu himself being unsuccessful.......50 percent of igbos wnt support the idea of biafran...wit all the goodies they've gotten afta all the ,loss of the first biafran war

3 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
they will change frequency sharp sharp
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by YoruBanger: 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
It was only a matter of time any way. No sensible gov't will put up with that for this long. Atlesst Buhari has been duly briefed about their activities.

I think the jamming only applies to analogue signals and not digital.

2 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 14, 2015
In as much as I do not subscribe to the Biafra Radio Propaganda, I believe dat in a sane society, every group or people has the right to self-actualization.
If marriages can be dissolved in Law Courts, why can't a people chose to end dia marriages when dey deem shortchanged.

The Northsmen are only afraid dat dey can't do it alone. Hence they need the ingenuity of the Igbo man to survive.

1 Like

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by bettercreature(m): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
olaboy33:
i truly believe this biafran movement is really a joke........igbos dnt have pple like ojukwu again......even wit ojukwu himself being unsuccessful.......50 percent of igbos wnt support the idea of biafran...wit all the goodies they've gotten afta all the ,loss of the first biafran war
They are just fighting for their pockets as usual and nobody is ready to bribe them this time,i'm damn ready to defend Nigeria if war is going to be the last resort

5 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by richidinho(m): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Ok...when the time is ripe....they will unjam it grin grin grin grin
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by Super1Star: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
expect wailing from the wailers from the land of the dawning sun on this thread.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by sammyj: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
It's long overdue. !!!! grin grin
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by SirLegal(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
Give them 2 weeks, the will come back. No be to change Frequency
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by California1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hahaha it is a lie. .... grin...

as I am talking to you now I am listening to radio biafra. .....

They are playing a native music. .....

15 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by California1(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
undecided
SirLegal:
Give them 2 weeks, the will come back.
No be to change Frequency

it's a lie I am listening to them now

6 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by California1(m): 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
Why NBC are lying. ..... angry

the name of music they are playing is chiwuba
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by kennydee05(m): 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
Perfect move.
They claim to be Biafrans yet they want appointment from Nigeria. Funny people just unstable.
Before u mention me, I have already ignored you.

1 Like

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by YoruBanger: 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
California1:
Hahaha it is a lie. .... grin...

as I am talking to you now I am listening to radio biafra. .....

They are playing a native music. .....

You may be able to listen to it from California, perhaps via satelite or online, but certainly not via Radio frequency within Nigeria territory. That's the point.

1 Like

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by Humorclux: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
YoruBanger:

You may be able to listen to it from California, perhaps via satelite or online, but certainly not via Radio frequency within Nigeria territory. That's the point.

LIES FROM THE PIT OF BROWN ROOF....

I'm in PH and am currently listening to Radio Biafra on 102.1

9 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by nigerdeltaaa: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
YoruBanger:

I am listening live from Port Harcourt now. it is a lie

4 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by c33b33(m): 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2015
bettercreature:
They are just fighting for their pockets as usual and nobody is ready to bribe them this time,i'm damn ready to defend Nigeria if war is going to be the last resort
That's the spirit!fight for what you believe in unlike most 'one nigeria' advocate who can't fight for her. We believe in Biafra and we shall fight for her.

6 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by nigerdeltaaa: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nigeria can lie. de take lie swear for una?

6 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by YoruBanger: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2015
nigerdeltaaa:
I am listening live from Port Harcourt now. it is a lie

Ok, ok! I hear you. Now which of your monikers should I respond to? ? Is it this one or Humorclux.

We need folks on ground to confirm this news. Hope it's not a hoax.
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by Stolen: 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
Who are dey decieving. I am listening to radio Biafra now.

They will need stealth technology to stop that signal.

1 Like

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by nigerdeltaaa: 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
a traditional music is playing now
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by c33b33(m): 5:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
kennydee05:
Perfect move.
They claim to be Biafrans yet they want appointment from Nigeria. Funny people just unstable.
Before u mention me, I have already ignored you.
Biafrans are not seeking appointment mayb the useless igbo elders are.
You can't ignore us that's why you commented in the post.

3 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by Humorclux: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
YoruBanger:

Ok, ok! I hear you. Now which of your monikers should I respond to? ? Is it this one or Humorclux.

Yoruba man, why not travel to SS or SE to comfirm it by yourself.

2 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by Stolen: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
Radio Biafra is still live, as loong as Igboland exist Radio Biafra will have a reciever and transmiter.

Radio Biafra is live

2 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
they cannot stop it,they can only influence what is being preached their
Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by abagoro(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
nigerdeltaaa:
a traditional music is playing now

Yes I am still getting it. Mzim n'eli Iguocha. Maybe its off elsewhere.

3 Likes

Re: [UPDATED] NBC, security operatives hunt Radio Biafra sponsors by nigerdeltaaa: 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
YoruBanger:

don't you know your govt again. they are bunch of liars

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1966 Coup: “the Igbos Now Vindicated And Exonerated” Obasanjo. / Buhari Bows To IMF Pressure, To Devalue Naira 290 To Dollar / 150,000 Refugees Have Returned To Nigeria — Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.